SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Open Dialogue UK 2016 conference

Katy91

Olanzapine 10mg  Dec 2007 - Jun 2008

Olanzapine 10mg Sep 2009 - Apr 2010

Olanzapine 10mg Aug 2010 - April 2011

Olanzapine 10mg Jan 2012 - Jun 2012

Lithium 800mg Jun 2012 - Dec 2013

Lorazapam 1mg Nov 2012 - Dec 2013

Diazepam 2mg Nov 2012 - Dec 2013

Olanzapine 20mg Jan 2014 to May 2014

Olanzapine 5mg May 2014 - May 2015

tapering 0.1mg every 7 days

1mg melatonin

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh man.........that looks so awesome.  This conference above.  I think I am hosting a musician or two then though..........

I am going to come back to this because maybe they do some sky ping or something.  I would so love to be well practiced in "open dialogue".

This is a great quote taken from the link about what Open Dialogue is:  Openness and democracy are key principles in the Open Dialogue approach. Primarily openness refers to the practice of discussing every aspect of the clinical work with individuals and families in their presence, rather than in ‘case’ meetings elsewhere.  Furthermore, when reflecting with colleagues in Open Dialogue meetings, professionals share their thoughts, feelings and associations to the current dialogue/situation openly, and invite their clients to respond to what they have heard. With regards to democracy, everyone’s voice is equal in Open Dialogue meetings, and decisions about how to proceed, wherever possible, are arrived at collaboratively.  Openness and democracy are considered to be key factors in the successful outcomes that have been documented over the last 15 years, with around 75% of those experiencing psychosis returning to work or study within 2 years of onset, and only around 20% continuing to take anti psychotic medication at 2 year follow-up.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing