☼ alexjuice: About

alexjuice

I'm actually too scared to press the play button, I'm still highly sensitized and worried about what I might see lol  :unsure:

Understandable. Come back when you are less sensitized. No need to push it. :-)

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Went to sleep in 1997 and I woke up in 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

- Zimmerman

Hi Alex,

Just to say that I visit your thread, and read about your life, what you have endured .. the suffering of it .. :(

I admire your courage, your perseverance, and wish that there was a way to take it all away from you ..

You are in thought, and in prayer, each and every day ..

I pray from the heart, for serenity, wellness, and for heaven to rain blessings upon you..

Sending you love, and many hugs,

And wish peace for you, and lots of wonderul healing ..:)

Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

I try to hang in there and have a will to get better for myself and as example to others. I think I've realized now that I am getting better that taking responsibility for myself will be a key to recovery.

- Zimmerman

I read your intro and your case summary and just wanted to congratulate you on how far you have come and how well you are doing.  I am sorry for what you have gone through but you have handled it excellently.  You are obviously a highly intelligent and articulate person and I look forward to reading your posts.

UPDATE:

Seems like my bowel or small bowel is obstructed to a significant degree. Abandoned oxypowder because I was too blocked up. BG crashed last night twice, big time and I ate too much and am more bloated and uncomfortable. Tried to liquid fast today but BG crashed again and I ate too much again, really made a bad choice to eat beef jerky but there was nothing else and it seemed like I might pass out.

I am overwhelmed. I hope this situation resolves a bit. I feel totally stopped up though no gas or anything. Again hope it gets better tomorrow.

I've been feeling like big bowel trouble for a while. Man, I haven't been sleepng well either. I am not sure how things fell apart like this so badly so quickly.

Ready better news tomorrow.

- Zimmerman

I am now concerned that I sped up a bowel disease by taking the oxy powder. I am in disbelief right now actually. I have been sleeping more and more poorly for last few days. I am experiencing numbness in my face and heart pain. I think these are old infections which are flaring because I am blocked.

I think I am going to try to sleep and hope for a good day tomorrow with the bowel. If I had to chose between being damned for doing or damned for not, I'd take the doing. Uncertainty now and sadness.

I am concerned for my health. I'll try a doctor soon.

- Zimmerman

ok. I don't know that the oxypowder is all that relevant. I am very blocked up. Partial, near total, bowel obstruction. I went to the doctor today who gave me miralax. I am a little anemic. Waiting and praying to make it to Wednesday for my QRA. Going to see the acupuncturist tomorrow to look for a way to move my bowels. Am afraid but believe it will work out how it should. Will update after wednesday or next BM.

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope things go well for you tomorrow Alex 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Went to the QRA. They want to start parasite program in a couple of weeks or after my bowel fixed. Bowel is huge problem because I can't feel my lower bowel and can not eliminate and have no appetiite and the food I do eat causes extreme abdominal swelling.

I don't know what is causing this bowel problem! I went to the ER last night and they could find nother. Had a CT which didn't show a stricture, stuck gallstone, stuck parasite matter, or physical damage. The main possibilities remaining are nerve damage from the parasite medication or other Rx meds, parasite herbs or other herbs, mold supplements or other supplements and also from an allergy to something unknown. Also nerve problems from psych meds could be a factor. The other possibility is that the protozoal parasitic infection that I have is causing the nerve damage to the colon which these infections are known to do.

OK.  I feel at a total crossroads. Is this bowel damage permanent? How long can I survive without eating? How can I find what is wrong? And all of the advice I've gotten over the last three years has missed important elements of my case. The alt doctor wants to me to take cleansing herbs which are laxative and can worse nerve damage. But not emptying the bowel or doing enemas everyday also is not an option. Not eating is not an option. Do I trust medicine to know what to do? No. Do I trust altmed to know? No. Trust myself? No.

It's life or death the next few decisions I make. I need to restore bowel function and EAT FOOD. So important!

I will pray about it and take the challenge of healing this bowel. Wish me luck.

- Zimmerman

Hi Alex,

I am so sorry that you have come across another obstacle ..:(

But you will overcome this one, as you have many others before ..

I am sorry that I do not know how to help you with this, but only to say that,

you are in my thoughts and prayers ..

You will win this war ..

Love, Lexi

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Thanks. I am pretty certain that the doctor was wrong and I am dealing with an obstruction due to worms. I can not otherwise explain it. I wish I lived in india right now because this problem to the degree that I have it due to many factors but including mold and chemical toxicity is very rare. I honestly believe my life is in danger.

Since I have a clean X ray and CT I don't know how to get them to induce the enema treatment which frequently has a 100% success rate in cases of worm obstruction. I will do by best with what I do have. And I will put faith in God at this time.

- Zimmerman

hello Alexejice,

my opinion is when you stop these meds, you have bowels muscles,and other organs who become tensed and work more slow for food to pass, and it is not immediate, it comes later also, with these medicaments or poisons there is the tardive thing which plays as Breggin speaks, Shipko has noticed it ,

what can be done is vegetable soup with garlic, onions, carrots,etc, drinking water also, fruits and try to walk if you are able, not always sitting or lying;

Even without worm, people have severe problems, i had and have less today

your direction, for me, is not good, laxative and all you write above, your abdomen needs time, calm, light food, and in some months it may be better

you will not solve this with a detox etc, there is no miracle, after stopping we are in chaos

make the best choice, but remember, nobody find a fast solution, all said the time is the only healer

the only thing to see is if infection, mold etc, this i do not know

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

Once again Alex is right and medicine is wrong. And also medicine gets the last laugh.

I gave myself an enema and despite major loss of sensation was able to expel the water and out with it came a dozen or more roundworms. Surely there are hundreds or thousands more up in my small intestine. I fished a few worms out and went to the ER again where the doctor agreed they were worms but refused an ultrasound to try to ascertain the severity.

I am dealing with a very dangerous literally life threatening situation of an intestinal obstruction likely caused by a ball of dead worms. I can not eat and if I can not dislodge the obstruction I don't know how I can survive.

I am somewhat afraid and sad but also strong and defiant. I will hold on for as long as I can. I am glad to have been proven correct about the parasitic infestation even though knowing that it was an iceberg that hit the ship is small consolation to the captain.

Hopefully I can take this to another doctor in the morning and talk about how best to proceed. As far as I can tell there has never been a worm obstruction case in a hospital here in Austin so I will cold call some infectious disease consultants. My lips are buring from the Xray. Remember to eat before you take radiation to the midsection.

I'll try to update the thread as best I can going forward. THanks for all the support guys.

- Zimmerman

That is horrible and validating!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

My thoughts and prayers are with you Alex, I hope you can find someone to help.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Me too Alex, it is the worst feeling when you know something is wrong

and doctors'just won't listen  :angry:

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no words.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

UPDATE:

I think I'm only half right. I talked today w/ a doctor about my results and I think the obstructionis not the likely explanation. I am out of immenent danger/risk of intestinal rupture. The stomach and bowel problems are instead related to an infection, possibly. Some other cause. The worm sample was sent to lab for eval.

This last four days have been very hard. I couldn't stomcach food at all. So scary. Beyond bbelief scary and stressful. I felt like I was going to die. Put a tonof miles on the body and I will not recover from this ordeal any time soon. At least I will not die of intestinal rupture and septic shock.

Beyond belief. My chest hurts. I hope I can sleep ok. I haven't been to bed before 5am all week and I really need the rest.

- Zimmerman

I am so sorry Alex,

You should not have to endure any of this crap ..:(

I will hold you in thought and prayer ..

Hang in there ..

Wishing you blessings ..

Love, Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

Alex

Praying for you to find your healing path.  I pray you get some answers and some relief very soon.

I'm concerned that you aren't able to eat.  You need to take in something to maintain your electrolytes.  Are you staying hydrated?  If you cannot stomach anything you made need to work with the doctor to get an IV that provides some nutrition and electrolytes.

Keep us posted, Alex.  We are rooting for you.

Posted Image

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

Hi Alexejice,

Hope you're doing well.

I had a question for you with regards to your eating and your mold problems. Well two questions, actually.

1) Do you have mold symptom "flare ups" after eating certain "yeasty" foods, or foods that would not be on an anti-candida diet (starches, breads, processed foods, etc?)  I get severe brain fog and pain in the back of my neck (see my new thread in the symptoms forum about neck boils)

2) Have you taken any prescription anti-fungals? I was just prescribed one pill (yes, that's it, only one pill, lol) of fluconazole (Diflucan), when I saw a nurse at a CVS clinic over a bacterial infection and I mentioned how I am prone to yeast and thrush (I did not go into mold exposure, didn't want to open that can of worms, but I showed her my tongue and she said she'd give me Diflucan - I was so happy! - until I saw it was only a one-dose-only pill). After taking the Diflucan I felt all sorts of die-off and craziness in my brain, likely from a massive release of toxins, but boy how cleansing I bet that was to my nervous system, even though it's a harsh drug and I'm fairly anti-drug. The pill actually came in a small ... "envelope" of sorts with a picture of a woman on it and directions about getting rid of your vaginal yeast infection, which is why it is only one pill. I'm wondering if I could tell a doctor about how I'm "prone to candida" and see if there could be a longer course of treatment on it, or if that would be too risky. I know azoles and all antifungals, actually, are toxic to the liver. They inhibit the efficacy of the cytochrome P450 enzyme in our liver.

Just some thoughts. Let me know what you think.

Oh - I lied, one more question - I am considering trying a detox product from a health food store or vitamin store that is good for parasites, and wondering if you tried those for yourself and if so, if they helped any of your mold/mycotoxin issues?  I'm sure it cannot hurt...?

Jason

Zoloft: 2002 - sometime 2003 CT
Celexa: 2004 - 2007 20 mg
Effexor XR: 2007 - 2009 300 mg!!!
Effexor XR: 2010 - 2011 tapered down to 18.75 mg, hard time with interdose withdrawal
Prozac: 2011 5 mg till October, then got more depressed tried to updose to 10mg for three days and I became suicidal and very ill
tapered to 2 mg then stopped Feb 20, 2012. Restarting Celexa 10mg March 2017 due to rough patch in my life (anxiety and depression).

Link to my intro page here

Also : was addicted to Klonopin 2004 - 2008, tapered in 2008. Still have on hand for panic, but rarely used.

Suspected mold infection living in moldy room 2012.

Supplements I take: Multi, probiotic, wild Alaskan salmon oil, C, D3, methylB12, niacinamide, whey protein isolate

UPDATE:

Continue w/ bowel problems of severe nature. No feeling in colon. No movements. Improvement with eating after meeting w/ chrio. Bowel obstruction ruled out. Severe head/neuro symptoms due to toxicity and autonomic derangement. Severely messed up. Fearful brain damage. death. Somehow though feeling better. Slept 8 hours last night. About to go to appt. Really disoriented thou. Jason, not a good time for questions.

ALex

- Zimmerman

Oh, Alex, I'm so sorry.  I do think, though, that the worst, worst, worst case scenario would be a colostomy, not death.  But I would gladly bet my life that it won't happen.  I think you are in a totally expected place given what your body has been through over the years.  Keep putting one foot in front of the other, keep following through with the people who are trying to help you, and I think you'll have a great outcome some day.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

I'm so sorry you're not doing well, Alexejice. :(

Zoloft: 2002 - sometime 2003 CT
Celexa: 2004 - 2007 20 mg
Effexor XR: 2007 - 2009 300 mg!!!
Effexor XR: 2010 - 2011 tapered down to 18.75 mg, hard time with interdose withdrawal
Prozac: 2011 5 mg till October, then got more depressed tried to updose to 10mg for three days and I became suicidal and very ill
tapered to 2 mg then stopped Feb 20, 2012. Restarting Celexa 10mg March 2017 due to rough patch in my life (anxiety and depression).

Link to my intro page here

Also : was addicted to Klonopin 2004 - 2008, tapered in 2008. Still have on hand for panic, but rarely used.

Suspected mold infection living in moldy room 2012.

Supplements I take: Multi, probiotic, wild Alaskan salmon oil, C, D3, methylB12, niacinamide, whey protein isolate

• 2 weeks later...

How is it going? Your fans are concerned.

56 years old

I'll have more of an update in a few days. Right now I am seeing a doctor working on getting the colon to work again. I am feeling hopeful tonight.

- Zimmerman

UPDATE:

STILL ALIVE!

Retuned to Texas after medical treatment in St Louis for Christmas. Repair jaw bone infection to alleviate sm intestine and heart infection. Continued large intestinal malfulnction. Got a lot of relief from chiro for lg intestine. Seems the lg intestine damaged by parasite treatment and oxypowder. Doing colon cleanse to clean it and hopefully help to heal. Possible shiga toxin released when parasites killed, nerve toxin.

Considering meeting w/ father and Dr Caring to forgive and let go. Going to take a long time to clear this infection from intestines, probably had it for lifetime and it flared after psych med d/c and after mold exposure. Very very important that I eat perfectly if I want to live. No processed food at all. Meat and veggies.

Prayed a lot in St Louis to survive. Very difficult trip. No sleep for days. Liver pain. Colon pain and nerve pain absensce.

Basically, infection + toxicity = my illness. Cont' w/ hair mineral replacement. Cont w/ colon treatment. Increase vitality. Heat, movement, hydration, adrenal, acupuncture, and so on. Build digestive strength. Build spiritual strength.

2014 will be a great year, or the end of me. I am strong for great year.

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

Oh, alex, I am strong for great year for you, too.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Stayin' alive, stayin' alive...some years that is enough.

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

You finally have some answers and a plan, I see a great year.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I have a damaged colon that is not improving. THe reason I went to the ER with a suspected intestinal blockage is because I could not expel waste and I thought I could feel a stoppage. However the images and the aftermath show that there is no physical blockage. What I felt was the result of nerve damage in the colon the cause is unclear. Ive had problems with nerves and feeling in the bowel for over six months (or even longer) but the effects were sporadic. My recent decision to undergo treatment for infection and then to try a colon cleanse both made the problem worse.

It also seems that nervous system damage from psychiatric medication may be involved.

I am very depressed about this turn of events. Two months ago I had a working colon and now I do not and the damage may be lasting. I am very tired of being ill. If I do not return to nerve function I will not have the extensive medical interventions. I can not eat a lot of food and I spend most of my day thinking about food. I am bloated and suffer painful hemerroids. I have been acutely ill for three years this month and my own reserves are exhausted.

Like many other severely sick people, I think back on how I got here and I entertain hopeful wishes for the future and I dream of spontaneous recovery at the hand of God and dream of going back in time to do things differently and I feel sorry for myself and I set my boundaries for which disabilities will be too much to live through. Mostly I am very tired.

I've seen a chiropractor for a while and he thinks I can recover the nerve function but this is not based in any specific belief but his own general ideology of natural healing of the body. I have seen many miracles and I believe I am a great candidate for a miracle...

I remember how unhappy I was as a bankrupt alcoholic just four years ago. My emotional state is much higher today but this is no consolation since my physical state is greatly weakened. I'd like to eat a normal meal and wake up from the dream. I try not to be angry or feel stuck victimhood but I struggle with both. I have read that letting things go is of prinicipal importance, particularly with colon problems, and I believe it is time to forgive my own doctor and family members and the choices I have made and so myself. I want to forgive so that I can move on from this place of stuckness whether I heal or not.

Of everyone I need to talk to my father and Dr FG.

- Zimmerman

I hope you can talk to them in a helpful way. Do you think the nerve damage just happened, or you just recently became aware of it?

56 years old

I don't know for sure why the nerve damage. My case contains multplie factors that the Why on anything is very tricky. My mold doctor thought the problem was caused by mold in the intestines the metabolites of which may be neurotoxic. I am not 100% sure except the parasite treatment and then the oxy powder colon cleanse, particularly the oxypowder made it much much worse and I went to the hospital. I do not know. There are probably many factors. As always psychmed damage plays a part and I am thinking of the past too much. It is time to let it go to save my life but so hard to let it go.

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

Hi Alex

Often when I'm having difficulty letting something go I ask myself, "what is the benefit you are getting by holding on?"  For me sometimes it is just that it is familiar to hold someone or something in a particular light.  If I let it go I'll have to find a different way to hold the thing or the person and that feels uncomfortable.  Just something to think about.

I believe you can heal.  If you get a chance read about Jill Bolte Taylor.  She experienced a severe hemorrhage in the left hemisphere of her brain.  She could not walk, talk, read, write, or recall any of her life.  It took the support of her mother and about 8 years for her to recover, but she did.  The human body is amazing - and not just the brain, but the whole body!

I believe if you set your intention to heal and imagine what that would feel like, you will be guided to move in the right direction.  I'm rooting for you, Alex, and I'm strong for a great year for you, too.

Posted Image

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

I am sorry even tho I know that doesn't fix a damn thing. You are in my prayers. 

And, the respond box on my screen blocks out your post so that the only thing I see is this:

"You didn't know it, you didn't think it could be done, in the final end he won the war,

After losing every battle."
-R. Zimmerman

I have every faith in you. 

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.