erer

Tapering vortioxetine / Trintellix / Brintellix

8 posts in this topic

I have a friend on vortioxetine (Brintellix) so I was wondering, does anyone have any info on how tapering this drug might look like?

Thanks in advance.

I'm on Brintellix to help get me off effexor. Brintellix has a longer half life than effexor.

Even so I would still taper off at the recommended 10% rate.

When I'm done with effexor I will taper the brintellix. Can I ask how your friend is doing?

I'm on Brintellix to help get me off effexor. Brintellix has a longer half life than effexor.

Even so I would still taper off at the recommended 10% rate.

When I'm done with effexor I will taper the brintellix. Can I ask how your friend is doing?

She is not doing well - not feeling any effect from the medicine.

How are you planning to be doing the 10% cuts for those pills?

Hi there.im on brintellix 10 mg.

I started at 5mg, then 10, then 20 mg.after feeling lost and broken my psychiatrist told me to "break the tablet in half " so now im on 10mg.this is a period of around 2 years.i believe its taken me since August to recover from that 10 mg drop.when things settle down, i plan to do a liquid taper @ 10% per month .

Personally I would start with 5-7% taper. You have become sensitized with all the pill switching you have gone through.

I would not want you to destabilize after the all the progress you have made to get to this point.

I'm on 3mg brintellix to help with effexor wds. My doctor who believes in withdrawals prescribed B to help buff out wd symptoms.

I will have to taper of that when I'm done with effexor. Please keep updating your taper journey.

Dear all

Anybody on Brintellix here ? Do you think this is a harsh drug to taper from ? Anybody has increased hunger on Brintellix ? or is this coming from the Anafranil CT ? Thank you. 

Hi Laetitia,

I've added the brand names as drug tags to this topic.  They are at the top left of this page under the topic title.  If you click on them it will bring up other members who have the same tag.