SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Penfold on mirtazapine

Penfold

I have been taking Mirtazapine on & off for two years and have now become completely tolerant & feel no benefit apart from it knocking me out at night. I have recently been prescribed pregabalin to deal with the anxiety I seem to be suffering as a side effect of mirtazapine. The pregabalin seemed to help at first but the benefits have very quickly worn off. I have really reached the end of my tether with the devastating effect medication has had on my life. I don't think i should have been prescribed an antidepressant in the first place & there isn't a day that goes by that I don't regret taking one. I know I can't change what's happened but I can try to withdraw I try to get my life back.

Edited by scallywag
tags added

Trying to withdraw from 30mg Mirtazapine & 200mg Pregabalin

Currently taking 100mg Pregabalin & 26mg Mirtazapine.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penfold

• Altostrata

• Fresh

• nz11

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Welcome, Penfold.

I moved your post here, to start your Introductions topic, where you can track your progress.

What is your daily symptom pattern? Are you taking any other drugs?

Was the mirtazapine prescribed to help you sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I first went to the Drs as I was not sleeping very well due to stress at home & arguing with my partner a lot. I was prescribed Zopiclone which did help but the marital stress I was under was starting to affect my mood.

I am not trying to apportion any blame but at the time family members had also noticed I wasn't quite myself so suggested seeing if the dr could help.

There isn't a day goes by that I don't regret taking the prescription for Prozac from the dr that day. Since then my life has changed beyond recognition and I still can't see how it's going to get any better.

Medication now totally dominates my life and I am at the point where I am completely sick & tired of it. I am seriously thinking about & have visited a few rehabs to finally be rid of all this crap. I wondered what peoples views were of rehabs as It is a very expensive option but if it's successful it would be worth it?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Penfold , welcome to the site.

It sounds like you have reached opositional tolerance (or "poop-out") on the mirtazapine , which is a

common thing on all ad's.    

You can recover from this , but the way to go is by very slow reduction which you can do at home.

There is no advantage to going to a rehab. centre.  If you stop your meds. abruptly you will get very

sick from discontinuation/withdrawal symptoms.

Please could you fill in your signature so anyone reading has an overview of your drug history.

Hang in there , it's going to be okay.

Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

Penfold, you mention Prozac, did you take that at one time? How did you go off? How long has it been since you took it?

Does the anxiety happen in any daily pattern?

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Magnesium can help anxiety.

If the mirtazapine is helping you sleep, that's important. You'll want to go off it very gradually so as not to suffer rebound insomnia. See Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Did any of the rehab clinics discuss going off psychiatric drugs specifically? Usually they don't know much about this and are not worth the fee.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I was never an overly anxious person before taking antidepressants. I worked as a fitness instructor and was confident & outgoing. I have found that once the efficacy of Mirtazapine wears off I am left with side effects such as heightened anxiety & lethargy. I was under the care of primary, care Liason here in Swindon and they tried me on lots of different meds but I seem to be very sensitive I think my body's had enough of chemicals!! I found them to be very inefficient & should have been honest enough to say they didn't know what to do so they put me back on mirtazapine because it had been partially successful in the past. I was then refered to the recovery service who have diagnosed 'anxiety' and pregabalin even though the psychiatrist said he didn't think medication was the answer as it's just adding toxins to your body.

Amongst all this I have developed a very painful bladder which is giving me constant pain and after researching turns out can be caused by chemicals in medications & stress. A big reason why I want to get off of all this **** as my health is really starting to suffer.

• Administrator

I'm confused about what drugs you're taking now. Are you taking mirtazapine? Does it help you sleep? Are you taking gabapentin? When did you start taking it? What effect does it have on you?

To help us out, see these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

I take Mirtazapine 30mg at night. Makes me sleep too much. Started Pregabalin beginning Sept for anxiety & low mood. Felt a slight lift at first but now nothing but tiredness.

• Administrator

Penfold, you mention Prozac, did you take that at one time? How did you go off? How long has it been since you took it?

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

If the mirtazapine is helping you sleep, that's important. You'll want to go off it very gradually so as not to suffer rebound insomnia. See Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Did any of the rehab clinics discuss going off psychiatric drugs specifically? Usually they don't know much about this and are not worth the fee.

If the pregabalin isn't helping, if I were you, I'd go off it, perhaps 25% every 4 days. All it's doing is confusing your situation.

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the results in this topic.

Also, please write up your signature as requested above.

Had a tough morning. Had appointment with my mental health dr. Took a friend with me for a bit of moral support & also to convince them that medication hasn't worked for me & I want to come off it. The friend ended up telling the dr that I seem to be using the medication as an excuse for not facing up to what's happening in my home life.

This friend also has been telling me I'm worrying about withdrawal effects but I have tried on my own to come off mirtazapine & it's not easy.

No disrespect but I have been seeing a Jnr doctor who isn't even going to go into psychiatry once qualified. When asked what he thought the withdraw effects might be from Mirtazapine he said there aren't any major ones which only sourced to fuel what my friend thinks and makes it look like I'm making it up!! I think that's what I'm really struggling with at the moment is that people think I'm making excuses and not believing what I'm saying. And it's a constant battle which is making me feel defeated & deflated.

I asked the Dr if he could come up with a taper plan and he suggested 30 to 15 then 15 to 0. I challenged him on this as being too quick & said insomnia was the worst thing when I got to 0 last time. This is another thing I'm finding so tough is that I don't trust anyone at the moment because ultimately if I'm misadvised I'm the one that will suffer.

Penfold sorry you are are getting no acknowledgment from the doctors. It sure is despairng at times.

I can remember when i confronted my doctor about withdrawal he denied it existed and when i pushed for answers sent me to a pdoc.

Now get this i asked the pdoc "are you aware of any issues or problems with people getting off paxil" he repled "well if there were problems people would be suing the drug companies"

i took that at the time as meaning no there are no problems and the problem is  me. I went home that day confused convinced something was not right....then i stumbled upon an online support group,,,,oh boy!!

This is another thing I'm finding so tough is that I don't trust anyone at the moment because ultimately if I'm misadvised I'm the one that will suffer.

Aint that the truth ...

You have raised an interesting point about support people ...they really need to be on board dont they.  Perhaps we have reached a stage where one has to interview their support applicants to determine allegiances.

Well we all understand ..no one knows a drug like the one who is and has swallowed it.

Hang in there .

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Are you off all meds now?

28 Sept 2010 drug free.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Was it Paxil you were taking? What were your reasons for stopping? If I taper as slowly as recommended I cannot believe it will take 15 months!!!

• Administrator

Penfold, that friend is what we would call a frenemy.

Please read Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Was it Paxil you were taking? What were your reasons for stopping? If I taper as slowly as recommended I cannot believe it will take 15 months!!!

Yes i was taking paxil called paroxetine in NZ. Why was i on it ? because i presented to the doc tearful saying something is wrong with me i dont know what..but i am agaisnt the taking of all drugs. So what did the doc do he put a prescription for paxil in my hand no discussion whatsoever and assured me it was safe no side effcts and not addictive. This might surprise you but i didnt even know it was an antidepressant.

Why did i present tearful?

Because i had sought answers for a sore hand from keyboard overuse (i had never had any prior issues with psychological distress...except for when the Hadlee boys cheated our nation on the sports field) and told i had a chemical imbalance and given amitryptaline, nortryptaline venlafaxine and clonaxepam not told the nature of these helpful medicines but assured they were safe not addictive and would cure my sore hand.

On complaining about the venlafaxine i was told to double the dose. Later i CT it and at some point later then became uncharacteristically tearful and the rest is history. 

As for the paxil, I wanted to stop it because i felt i shouldn't be on it ..yet a learned helplessness had set in ... i couldn't get off it. The onset of crying spells every time i even missed several doses left me time and time again thinking i needed it. Surrounded by clueless voices. Having been told it was safe and not addictive,

I was completely ignorant at my plight. To be honest i am having a lot of trouble forgiving myself.

i can totally relate to your disappointing support person  ...i had a  different but in some ways similar experience.

Remeron/mirtazapine is a difficult drug to get off i knew several at a prior place (online forum) struggling with getting off this drug.

As for tapering I was clueless and broke every rule in the taper book and suffered for it ...trust me...it is much better to follow the advice on this site especially if you want to save yourself a lot of suffering and harm. Unfortunatley we all think we are the exception to the rule until its too late and one gets to experience full blown withdrawal and that is a place i wouldn't wish on anyone ..except my ex doctor. (is that mean to say that ..maybe).

It would be great if you  would you be so kind as to  put your drug sig up that would  give people your context....and history.

Recovering paxil addict

15 months is nothing if it means you are functioning.

Look at Brassmonkeys taper time....or Songbird.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Don't worry about the timeframe.   It may take you more time, it may take you less.   The key is to come off well rather than quickly.   As you know, the insomnia can be horrendous coming of mirtazapine, as can other symptoms.  

A key part in coming off and recovering from antidepressant use is becoming your own authourity.  You are the expert in how you are feeling, how your body is reacting etc.  You are well placed to make good decisions for yourself.  Its a frightening space but I encourage you to step into it

Dalsaan 

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

My brain is really having a bad week how could i possibly get that wrong ...i meant to say the 'Chappelll boys'; not the 'Hadlee boys'.

Forgive me New Zealand! Im  still recovering from brain impairment.

Recovering paxil addict

The trouble is I'm also taking Pregabalin which is not really doing anything for me either. The recovery team I'm under are very reluctant for me to come off the Mirtazapine but I have insisted. They have relented by saying I need to stay on the pregabalin. My concern is the longer you take something the harder it is to come off.

What do you do about constant suicidal thoughts? And I haven't even begun the taper yet!

I wouldn't be concerned about the time frame if I wasn't having such dark thoughts. But it scares me to be feeling this way for a day let alone 15 months. I'm not meaning to be negative just realistic. I just want to be free of this nightmare and in control of my thoughts & feelings again.

Penfold ,

Could you please do your signature.   :) 

That will make it easier.

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I asked the Dr if he could come up with a taper plan and he suggested 30 to 15 then 15 to 0. I challenged him on this as being too quick & said insomnia was the worst thing when I got to 0 last time. This is another thing I'm finding so tough is that I don't trust anyone at the moment because ultimately if I'm misadvised I'm the one that will suffer.

We have all found that doctors are clueless about tapering safely and really downplay withdrawal symptoms.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm confused about what drugs you're taking now. Are you taking mirtazapine? Does it help you sleep? Are you taking gabapentin? When did you start taking it? What effect does it have on you? To help us out, see these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, seehttp://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

If the pregabalin isn't helping, if I were you, I'd go off it, perhaps 25% every 4 days. All it's doing is confusing your situation.

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html and copy and paste the results in this topic.

Also, please write up your signature as requested above.

The instructions on how to fill out your signature are in this earlier post from Alto. Can you also put all your drugs in the drug checker and cut and paste your results here. Again the link to the checker is in the earlier post

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Just had call from Jnr Doctor. After consulting with Psychiatrist her advice to come off of Mirtazapine would be to come down to 15 from 30 for a week, take 15 every other day for a week & then stop it completely!!! And these are the 'experts'

• 3 months later...

I really need some urgent advice. I am taking pregabalin 200mg and was taking Mirtazapine 30mg. I feel that both of these medications are very sedating for me & make me very lethargic.

I began reducing the mirtazapine late November 2015. I tapered as recommended by 10% every 4 weeks. I got down to 26mg but started to feel really bad & worried about my ability to function if I carried on. I am in the middle of a marriage seperation & house sale & move so can't afford to not be functioning.

I didn't know what to do and no-one else does either so I decided to go back up to 30mg of Mirtazapine. That was two weeks ago and I expected to start feeling a bit better by now. Today I feel really strange, very disconnected & not really with it.

I went to see my GP and she has advised to stop the Mirtazapine withdrawal & taper from the Pregabalin first. Out of the two I would say the Pregabalin is the most harmful to me as I have put on a lot of weight & have had digestive problems since taking it.

I was two months into the Mirtazapine withdrawal so had I gone too far to reinstate? Should I wait to stabilise at 30mg before tapering the Pregabalin?

So many ?s I know I just want this medication to stop dominating my life.

Any advise would be grateful as I feel I'm losing my mind.

Hi Penfold.   Welcome.   If  you feel this is the most harmful,( Pregabalin )  then that is what you should taper first . The Mirtazapine is sedating , and therefore will act as a brake .

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Yes, you should wait to stabilize , first . Give yourself a while to settle your CNS  down . There is no rush . Have a read around and familiarize yourself with the site. This is your thread/ journal to ask questions and monitor progress.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Have I done the right thing in reinstating the Mirtazapine at the original dose? Or had I gone too far with the withdrawal? I have felt very spaced out all day. I just want off of all this stuff & get my life back & feel I've taken a massive backwards step!

I don't believe you went too far as you only tapered 4 mg.  I would stabilize , and then think about tapering . Keep track of your symptoms over the next couple of weeks.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1779-rate-symptoms-daily-to-track-patterns-and-progress/

Ali

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Penfold,

Did you start to feel worse after your up-dose back to 30mg?  Or were you already feeling those symptoms before that? 

I'm just thinking that since you have had about 3 months at lower doses (even though you only got down to 26mg) your Central Nervous System may have already partially adapted.  So the jump back to 30mg may have been a bit much for it.

What was the last dose you felt stable on?  It could be worth moving to that dose and stabilising there.  You will eventually be able to get off this stuff.  The important thing is to move slowly and carefully.

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

I just can't believe how just a few milligrams can make such a difference.

Unfortunately I'm not functioning well on this type of medication & that is the reason I want to come off. But when I try to come off I feel worse which I know I have to expect but what scares me is that others think I'm having a relapse & therefore need the meds!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, it's very common to mistake w/d for relapse.  You don't want to get caught up in that - it just complicates everything. 

So what was the last dose of Mirt you were stable on during your taper?  What do you think about returning to that? 

Once you are stable, you may be interested in doing a micro-taper, which many of us find gentler. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Penfold.  Look after yourself , now.   Who cares what others think ?  Once you have stabilized , it would be wise to taper by 10 % .

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/ 

Ali