☼ bromor

bromor

Almost 2 full weeks reinstated on 9 mg. Had some really rough times of anxiety the past week.  Yet, I just don't think updosing to 12.5 mg is the right thing.  I also have to acknowledge that I'm tapering off of the Buspar so the cut from 3.5 to 1.5ish was probably some of my issue (as well as forgetting to take the buspar in the morning...and waiting til evening!)  Learned a valuable lesson that you really need to take the meds at the same dose/same time each day.  Yet, I had an almost full day of "normal" ~ which I thoroughly enjoyed!  Lastly, I found myself getting just downright angry that I've let these darn symptoms change how I live my life!  I just decided that no matter the surges, no matter the anxiety or any other of the crazy things you deal with..... I am going to keep on living.  I'm not going to stop doing the things that I like or enjoying time with family.  Now, I wish I could say that doing this is easy but I still went to church today and sat through the service in spite of the head pressure and tingling.  And I'm glad I did!  I guess I just need to write this so that I can go back and read that I've made the decision to keep going no matter how I feel :)

On Zoloft for 10 years (50 mg) for GAD & panic attacks

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Did CT off of Zoloft in May 2014 - bad decision!

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bromor

• apace41

• brassmonkey

• Altostrata

Had a follow up with my doc as she is walking me thru the taper. Because the last buspar cut gave me fits, we decided to hold at 1.5 buspar & 9 mg Zoloft til after Christmas. Then I'll taper off of the remaining buspar & then start the final Zoloft taper in May. For a regular GP, she has been pretty understanding. She doesn't totally agree with me on the 10% taper but said that due to my crazy cts and doses all over the place that this would be best. In May, I'll go to liquid for an easier time of tapering. I'm already tired of weighing and cutting!

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

• Administrator

Yes, it's very important to be systematic about going off these drugs. It's best to taper only one at a time, so you don't get confused.

Good to hear you can rely on your doctor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Sleep has been much better ~ very grateful for that. I'm happy to be fairly stabilized right now. That's not to say I don't get the occasional panic surge/anxiety and the "out of my head" feelings. But when I do, I just repeat to myself that those feelings are my brain healing. ~ I see so many suffering people on here & know what it feels like to be in the throes of WD. Yet, I also know that my training my thoughts to be positive instead of negative has really helped me! The addition of fish oil has been helpful as well. I do take a lot of supplements but know now to add one at a time. Anyway, just an update. No changes in dosage for me until Jan and will then taper off the remaining 1.5 of buspar and hold til May for the Zoloft.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bromor,

You won't be the only one tapering in January.  I will be too, and I imagine we won't be the only ones.  Hope we won't overload the mods then  :unsure: . No!  Think positively (note to self).

I've also found that thinking positive thoughts instead of negative ones is helpful.  Because of what I have learned here if I'm feeling something bad I understand what it is, which takes away the fear, I accept that it is only for a time (although wish it would go quickly ;) ) and like you remind myself that my brain is healing.  Feeling are just that, feelings, and they cannot hurt you, unless you give them permission.

This is a free online SelfHelpCourse I found recently.  It is very similar to an 8-week online supported course I did here in NSW, Australia this time last year which has been coming in very handy throughout this year.  It is better to learn something like this when feeling stable so that at unstable times you can call upon what you have in your toolbox.

All the best.  CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Bromor - good to hear you've had some positive time, in spite of the large drop in Buspar.

If you stay with your current plan, that sounds like a "harm reduction" (minimize symptoms) approach.  It doesn't mean that you won't have any symptoms, or that they won't be intense - but that you are approaching it cautiously.

Isn't it weird how often we are afraid to go slower?  And yet, that is what we need with these drugs.  You are being very brave and smart in your approach!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hi Bromor,

You won't be the only one tapering in January. I will be too, and I imagine we won't be the only ones. Hope we won't overload the mods then :unsure: . No! Think positively (note to self).

I've also found that thinking positive thoughts instead of negative ones is helpful. Because of what I have learned here if I'm feeling something bad I understand what it is, which takes away the fear, I accept that it is only for a time (although wish it would go quickly ;) ) and like you remind myself that my brain is healing. Feeling are just that, feelings, and they cannot hurt you, unless you give them permission.

This is a free online SelfHelpCourse I found recently. It is very similar to an 8-week online supported course I did here in NSW, Australia this time last year which has been coming in very handy throughout this year. It is better to learn something like this when feeling stable so that at unstable times you can call upon what you have in your toolbox.

All the best. CC

CC & Jan Carol ~ thank you for stopping by & your words of encouragement! Appreciate it. Glad to know there will be others joining me in my "new year taper" ~ and yes, I am all about minimizing symptoms for sure! I have already incorporated a lot of self help. Guess I figure better to have those skills now when Im fairly stable than to wait until if/when the WD symptoms hit. Really praying that with allowing my body to stabilize & supporting with diet & supplements that my final tapers will be easier than what I've already endured.

• Moderator Emeritus

CC & Jan Carol ~ thank you for stopping by & your words of encouragement! Appreciate it. Glad to know there will be others joining me in my "new year taper"

My plan is to restart my taper from 25mg after the end of 2015 so, make room in the boat folks.  ;)

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Been sick for almost 2 weeks & finally broke down and got antibiotics from the doc. Had a moment of panic when I had read about some antibiotics (cipro ect) causing issue ~ but the med I'm on isn't in that class. Also learned that generic mucinex may help with the terrible congestion but isn't great for anxiety. Yes, I know there is plenty of info on taking OTC stuff ~ but guess I have to learn the hard way. Looking forward to much needed rest this weekend. I try to be very positive but feeling worn out from all I went thru in oct/nov & now feeling so bad since thanksgiving has taken a toll. But! Have to remind myself that my brain is healing, my body is healing & I'm going to be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

The naturopath doctor I'm working with recommended waiting til mid/end of Jan to taper buspar. This will allow more time to get my body supported. Have to say I agree ~ as I had a major senior moment when I was cutting and making up my capsules ~ I did the math wrong and did a 50% cut of the buspar dose I was on!!! Oy! Felt it within 2 days and quickly fixed the remaining capsules to what they should have been. Definitely had a few surges and such ~ which being without those for a few weeks made me dread tapering. Had to remind myself that I won't be tapering like I have before which should help to minimize the side effects. My husband and I did an outreach project with our church this weekend & I have to say that focusing on others and getting my mind off of any "feelings" I have sure makes a huge difference! I know this is a long journey but I am choosing to live life and serve others when I can.

On another note, I seem to be doing ok with the new supplements I'm slowly introducing.

Lastly, had major pain in my back around to my right front under my rib. I thought it was muscle or spine but my chiro said I should get it checked out. Well, after a week of intense pain, had a CT scan, bloodwork & urine test. Trace of blood in my urine but everything else came back fine. Still have the pain but it is lessened. Doc wrote it off ~ I felt like a fool but seriously, the pain was like being in labor! Feel like I've had a lot of muscle pain over the past few years.... Results of my ct and tapers? Also wondering if I can still experience some WD symptoms even though I'm fairly stabilized on the low doses of Zoloft and buspar? Any thought are appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for my own benefit. Still holding at my current doses ~ get WD symptoms from time to time but feel fairly stable. Been through the wringer with gallbladder pain ect the past few weeks. The doc gave me a script for pain pills but I didn't fill it. Last thing I need is to put that crap into my body.

Found out I have high cholesterol ~ does seem there might be a connection between Zoloft & that. Refused the statins & am going the natural route. I feel like I have absolutely no faith in regular doctors anymore. All they do is hand out pill prescriptions. No trying to find out WHY I'm having symptoms. My TSH doubled in the past year & I was told it was part of getting older. Ugh! I don't believe it ~ just like I don't believe I had a Zoloft deficiency. Anyway ~ taking a break from social media type stuff for January. Here's to a happy slow tapering 2016!

• Mentor

Hi Bromor,   you are going well

I was on effexor, and got high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stage 3a kidney disease and stuffed liver from it, and all the other rubbish..........  been off that for couple of years now,   anyhow, these things, just went back to all normal readings.                         Yes refuse the statins, that was the jolt I needed to get off of the stuff, I didnt realise how hard the journey would be, but so, so glad I started the journey.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Started my buspar taper ~ I'm on a very low dose just since Oct so hoping I can taper a bit quicker. Yes, Ang ~ ssri prolonged use is a cause of impaired liver detoxification & adrenal fatigue. As well as contributing to insulin resistance. I fight with wanting to just be off but I've gone the ct route & have no desire to revisit!! I'm truly supporting my body with good food (following the trim healthy mama plan) & working with my natural doc. I have found my mind wandering down the "anxiety paths" again lately & I really have to stop myself and focus on the truth. I'm not far out from a Zoloft ct & reinstatement. It's ok if I feel anxious sonetimes.

I was able to work on refinishing an antique bed on Saturday. It felt great to be able to go that again. Very sore yesterday & today ~ so had to talk myself down off of the health anxiety ladder. I do feel calmer now though. L theanine is a huge help to me.

Here's to a smooth taper!

• Moderator Emeritus

Started my buspar taper ~ I'm on a very low dose just since Oct so hoping I can taper a bit quicker.

All of that post sounds good, Bromor, but please be mindful of how you are feeling and if you sense going too fast is not working out for you, step back, recognize and slow down.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Thank you, Andy. Yes ~ I am going to listen to my body. Today was my first lowered dose & I feel no different.....but I've read enough to know it could be a few more days or week before any symptoms would hit. Appreciate your comment.

Definitely some symptoms this morning. Just increased anxiety & the arm tingling. Ugh!!! I'm not going back up for sure ~ guess this just shows me how sensitive my CNS is & I'll be holding! (Dang it ~ I was so hoping that because I've only been on buspar for a bit that it would be easier)

• Moderator Emeritus

Definitely some symptoms this morning. Just increased anxiety & the arm tingling. Ugh!!! I'm not going back up for sure ~ guess this just shows me how sensitive my CNS is & I'll be holding! (Dang it ~ I was so hoping that because I've only been on buspar for a bit that it would be easier)

Hi, Bromor.  Always remember that symptoms are the sign your brain is healing.  If they last for a short while and then disappear that is a perfect setup.  Let's see how you do over the next few days and hopefully they will lift!

By the way, I highlighted one thing in your post that it is important you "lose."  Nobody wants to go back up or go backwards or do anything except as is frequently said "to get off the poison."  At the end of the day, you do what you body tells you.  I very much doubt you will need to increase Buspar but if you did need to that is what you would do.  Don't ever fight your taper -- not matter how much you want to do so.

I have needed to be constantly reminded of that by people on this site so I'm paying it forward.

Best,

Andy

You are so right! Thank you for the reminder ~ I need that as I fight the oftentimes overwhelming urge to just get off the drugs. I'm going to give it 3-4 more days & be grateful that it's no where near as bad as my other taper attempts. Always good to keep learning even in my middle age ;)

Yesterday was good symptom wise. Today ~ back to the arm tingling (which is hard for me because my thoughts want to go down the health path) & anxiety. Because yesterday was good, I'm going to stay the course a few more days....especially since I have a long weekend coming up. On the bright side, seem to be sleeping better. Grateful for the small things. I keep telling myself that my body wants to heal and is healing.

Really rough day & night Friday. Just being totally honest here ~ I went back up on buspar & decided to hold. I was really beating myself up for this....but, I decided to be brutally honest with myself. I've done a few ct ~ the latest was in Oct. I'm on the lowest dose of Zoloft that I've ever been & on an extremely low dose of buspar. It's not wrong to let my body simply rest and heal at these doses. In the grand scheme ~ what's a few more months?? 2 years ago I was on 100 mg of Zoloft & trazodone to sleep. I've made progress for sure.

I'm deeply appreciative of what Andy had posted ~ to listen to my body and not fight my taper.

My plan is to continue working with my functional med doc to heal my body & continue with my biblical counseling. I'm not even going to consider tapering for at least another 2 months. So, if I forget this ???? ~ anyone can feel free to remind me if I get the crazy taper ideas in the near future.

• Moderator Emeritus

Bromor,

Good on you for being willing to step back and take the careful approach.  You HAVE made a ton of progress so further kudos for being able to see that.  Let it all settle in for a while.  Listen to your body and your symptoms and when the time comes you will be able to gather yourself for the next leg down.

Hope you are feeling better.

Andy

Still riding the wave ~ at least that's what I'm assuming it is even though I'm still on the meds. Doing lots of praying, meditating & reassuring myself that my body is healing. I have no idea when I'll try to taper again & honestly don't care right now. I'm doing the best I can dealing with this & still working, being a mom & wife. On the bright side ~ my sleep hasn't been too bad.

Almost 2 weeks of "surges" ~ had a panic attack at work today. This is the worst I've felt since the ct and reinstatement in oct/nov. It's been constant anxiety since I attempted the small buspar cut. Wondering if I should increase the Zoloft to 12.5 & hold for 3-4 months? Advice greatly appreciated please

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi bromor ,    it looks like you've been on zoloft 9mg for a few months now.  

There is no reason to increase it by 25% in the hope it will make you better quicker.  Chances are you'll get terrible side effects.

I totally agree with Andy's approach.   I've been tapering since Feb. 2015 , and did a 10 week hold after decreasing

25mg , just to  allow things to consolidate.  And I have to say , I'm alot stronger for it.

Are you taking magnesium?  Most people find it a bit relaxing , and it helps all your organs to function easier.

I'd try magnesium before increasing anything.

bw ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

After reading on here last night ~ I know I'm just dealing with the effects of my CT & too fast tapers. But sheesh! It's sometimes hard to remember this when you're in the trenches. I took my regular 9 mg last night and will just continue to hold for as long as I need. This isn't a race. Yes, I do take magnesium but had run out & didn't take any for 2 days. Got some yesterday so I'm taking it again. I sure do appreciate your response. It helps SO much to know I'm not crazy & I'm not the only one walking this path. ????

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have a glimmer of a window opening today! I also managed to get the flu ~ been a rough couple of months physically. But I feel in a much better place emotionally & mentally with my counseling and working on retraining my brain/thoughts. It's a definite process. Only thing I've added supplement wise is ATP cofactors (b2&3) to take with my magnesium. Few days in and who knows ~ maybe this is why I'm feeling better? Also I did change to half magnesium glycinate & half magnesium taurate to help with those annoying heart palps. Seems to be helping!

Seems like there are a lot of new people just since I joined. So sad that so many of us bought into the chemical imbalance lie! Yet grateful for SA & the wealth of info. ????

• Moderator Emeritus

That is great news Bromor!  Hopefully, this is the start of many more and longer windows!

I must, however, take umbrage at this statement:

So sad that so many of us bought into the chemical imbalance lie!

Bought in suggests that patients are supposed to know.  The doctors don't know -- how could we?  The drug companies don't want us to know.  We were duped -- we didn't "buy in".

Not criticizing -- just correcting.

And, I'm happy you are feeling some goodness.

Best,

Andy

I'm sorry. I never meant for it to be mean spirited or to make anyone feel as if I was judging. Of course none of us knew ~ if we had, if I had ~ I never would have taken the drugs. Again, I apologize.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry. I never meant for it to be mean spirited or to make anyone feel as if I was judging. Of course none of us knew ~ if we had, if I had ~ I never would have taken the drugs. Again, I apologize.

Oh, no, Bromor!  I didn't mean for you to take it that way.  The difficulty with written word in text, post, e-mail... so hard to convey meaning and intent.  I know you didn't mean it that way -- I was using your words to reinforce one of my key themes.  Self-blame for any of this is such a damaging approach and that the need for self-compassion is critical in these difficult times.

You are great and very supportive to all.  You would never be someone that anyone would accuse of judging.

No need for apology.

Best,

Andy

So very true, Andy, about the self blame. I have indulged in that way too much! Always thinking "if only" ~ I can't (none of us can) go back and change my trust in what I was told but I can tell my story & hopefully help others. Grateful for your support on this journey we've found ourselves on. I hope you are feeling better yourself with the dizziness. Have a great day ????

Been a different kind of window for me ~ definitely still have that underlying anxiety but I'm able to get some sleep. Which is good because the flu knocked the crap outta me. Health anxiety is where I fight my daily battle. Just continuing on in the good fight of taking my thoughts captive & replacing with truth. Not much to update but I know in this withdrawal journey that can actually be a very good thing! Still holding on my doses ~

I just started reading "the dare response" ~ great self help tool! It's not about getting rid of the anxiety & panic sensations but defuse, allow/accept, run toward & engage. Hence dare. Based loosely on Claire Weeks info. Anyway, I'm finding it helpful in dealing with the very persistent "neuro anxiety" sensations which insist on staying around. That's not to say that I'm not still hopeful that these surges & panic feelings will someday be gone!

• Moderator Emeritus

I just started reading "the dare response" ~ great self help tool! It's not about getting rid of the anxiety & panic sensations but defuse, allow/accept, run toward & engage. Hence dare. Based loosely on Claire Weeks info. Anyway, I'm finding it helpful in dealing with the very persistent "neuro anxiety" sensations which insist on staying around. That's not to say that I'm not still hopeful that these surges & panic feelings will someday be gone!

Cool, Bromor.  I like Barry McDonagh.  He has an audiobook version that I think you can get for free with the written version (I think that's how I got it).  I have it downloaded to my phone and listen to it from time to time.  His Irish voice is rather soothing.

Best,

Andy

Yes, his voice is quite soothing! I really like the fact that he had major issues with panic & anxiety. I joined the FB page & found someone who used SA to taper along with dare & found great success. ????. Hope your dizziness is better.

The dare response has really helped me!! I'm learning to not fight against the sensations & to accept them. It's not easy, in fact it's hard work but SO very worth it!! Will consider tapering buspar sometime in March. Always listening to my body as well. Sugar definitely has an adverse effect ~ wish I didn't crave it so much. I was off of sugar completely for a month & unfortunately allowed myself to eat small things here & there. Gotta get back on that wagon as well.