If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

Junglechicken Intro

Cipralex Lexapro escitalopram reinstate+

• Please log in to reply
811 replies to this topic

#793 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationReading, UK and also Southwest, UK

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Sounds like you have had quite a day!

Do you think the therapy will be enough for you? It sounds like a crash self help course to me!

Sorry about the job but all things happen for a reason. There will be a better one for you around the corner.

Have you ever tried the saline nasal washouts for sinus problems? I swear by them.

Flowers xxx

Hey Flowers,

I'll have to see how the therapy goes and give it a chance. I did expect actual CBT therapy (I had that in Canada), but guess there isn't the budget here? Aren't we all used to doing self-help all the time anyway?

How is your therapy going? Did you have another session this week?

Yup, age ain't on my side with the horses, so have to suck that one up.

We have got a nasal washout, but instead I popped a couple of ibuprofen......
Feb 2014 -Cipralex/Escitalopram 10mg dailyJune 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 daysSept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering.Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms disappeared over a few days.Have been on this dose ever since and am experiencing "windows" and "waves".Nov 15th 2016 Re-start regular counsellingJan 19th 2017 Start CBT<p>Plan to re-start taper (liquid Cipralex/Escitalopram) Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 4th Jan 2017.

#794 Flowers

Flowers

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationGranada, Spain

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Yes I agree with you - we must be experts in self help by now with all this WD stuff! Maybe we should write a self help book!

Hopefully you will get some good 'pointers' to work on from the info provided.

I have had just two therapy sessions so far. The first was just to get to know each other. This week we started doing some CBT to help with my anxiety issues - there are many! So I am practising at home with some relaxation etc.  Still not sure if it will help as a lot of my problems are exaggerated when I am  in a wave which is WD. I am hoping that I can develop new skills to help relax so will see how it goes.

I am prepared to try anything to ease the WD symptoms!

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM
MAY 2014   Increased to 40mgs
SEPT-NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10mgs as per Dr's instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations
 Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.
DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes, limbs, muscle pain, fluct. temp,weakness,depression,anxiety,nausea,giddy,
Walking like I am drunk.
DEC 2014 Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.
DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.
DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. Haven't taken any BROMAZEPAM for 2 weeks +.
APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.

JAN 2016 CIT:Started taper. Reducing by 5%. 28.5mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs

#795 scallywag

scallywag

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

JC have you seen this topic here at SA? Free online CBT.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results
Cymbalta (brand name), 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016 20 mg - 7 mg, detailed taper doses in this post;
Current dose:  7.0 mg (65 beads) 2016-Dec-10, holding into February
+ Supplements: fish oil (1500 mg EPA/500 mg DHA), Vitamins: D3, K2, C; Minerals: Mg, Se, Cr, I, V
scallywag's Introduction Post

Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

#796 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:10 AM

JC have you seen this topic here at SA? Free online CBT.

Thank you Scally, yes I have......will re-visit.

JC
Feb 2014 -Cipralex/Escitalopram 10mg dailyJune 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 daysSept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering.Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms disappeared over a few days.Have been on this dose ever since and am experiencing "windows" and "waves".Nov 15th 2016 Re-start regular counsellingJan 19th 2017 Start CBT<p>Plan to re-start taper (liquid Cipralex/Escitalopram) Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 4th Jan 2017.

#797 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

Yes I agree with you - we must be experts in self help by now with all this WD stuff! Maybe we should write a self help book!

Hopefully you will get some good 'pointers' to work on from the info provided.

I have had just two therapy sessions so far. The first was just to get to know each other. This week we started doing some CBT to help with my anxiety issues - there are many! So I am practising at home with some relaxation etc.  Still not sure if it will help as a lot of my problems are exaggerated when I am  in a wave which is WD. I am hoping that I can develop new skills to help relax so will see how it goes.

I am prepared to try anything to ease the WD symptoms!

I know what you mean Flowers...."problems exaggerated during a wave".

I know I'm guilty of not practicing these skills daily, and so end up falling back into my negative spiral.

#798 Flowers

Flowers

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationGranada, Spain

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:27 AM

I totally get that! I don't like doing the exercises as don't want to focus on what is wrong with me and acknowledge that I have to do these things or I won't feel better.

I prefer to blot it all out but that doesn't help at all!

I am now trying to get into a routine and I have to say that I do feel better afterwards.

xxxxx

SEPT-NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10mgs as per Dr's instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations
 Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.
DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes, limbs, muscle pain, fluct. temp,weakness,depression,anxiety,nausea,giddy,
Walking like I am drunk.
DEC 2014 Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.
DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. Haven't taken any BROMAZEPAM for 2 weeks +.

FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs

#799 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

I totally get that! I don't like doing the exercises as don't want to focus on what is wrong with me and acknowledge that I have to do these things or I won't feel better.

I prefer to blot it all out but that doesn't help at all!

I am now trying to get into a routine and I have to say that I do feel better afterwards.

xxxxx

Well done you :0)

It's very difficult being disciplined when you feel like s**t.

Xxxxx

#800 Flowers

Flowers

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationGranada, Spain

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

Husband got me some adult colouring books and pencils today. Bless him! Don't think it is really me but will give it a try!

How are you doing JC?

xxxx

Walking like I am drunk.

#801 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

Husband got me some adult colouring books and pencils today. Bless him! Don't think it is really me but will give it a try!

How are you doing JC?

xxxx

That's so funny, I have been doing "adult" coloring today. Our laptop is on the blink and hubs was using the iPad as he has been trying to fix it, so had to DO something, lol!

Didn't sleep too well last night Flowers, had Day 2 of sinus headache, went for my 2hr walk. Funnily enough have had 2 days acid reflux FREE.....and this has been since I finished that course of powerful probiotics.

Still Phlegmy :0( The strange thing about it is, it doesn't affect me at night. Just bring up yellowy phlegm during the day.

Hubby keeps telling me not to worry about. It came on VERY gradually over the last 2 months and has lingered.

Xxxx

#802 Flowers

Flowers

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationGranada, Spain

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

That's great to hear about the acid reflux - am so pleased for you.

Do you think the sinuses could be draining down the back of your throat at night (post nasal drip) and causing the yellow phlegm? I know you are worried about it but try not to. If you haven't got a temperature it is probably just catarrh or an allergy? Keeping taking hot drinks as they will help.

Hope you get some good sleep in tonight.

Hugs

xxx

Walking like I am drunk.

#803 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

That's great to hear about the acid reflux - am so pleased for you.

Do you think the sinuses could be draining down the back of your throat at night (post nasal drip) and causing the yellow phlegm? I know you are worried about it but try not to. If you haven't got a temperature it is probably just catarrh or an allergy? Keeping taking hot drinks as they will help.

Hope you get some good sleep in tonight.

Hugs

xxx

It could be PND Flowers, am taking so many herbal remedies now.....groan!

Hope you sleep well too :0)

Xxxxx

#804 Flowers

Flowers

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationGranada, Spain

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

I have slept the past 2 nights - the first time in 5 weeks since this awful wave arrived!

I have had the electric blanket on which probably helped. It has been very cold here and snowed on Weds. It never snows here!

xxx

Walking like I am drunk.

#805 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

I have slept the past 2 nights - the first time in 5 weeks since this awful wave arrived!

I have had the electric blanket on which probably helped. It has been very cold here and snowed on Weds. It never snows here!

xxx

It's "snow" good being too hot or too cold, lol, makes trying to sleep a nightmare. The continent has had a boat load of snow, so am not surprised you guys got hit with it as well.

It sounds like your wave is starting to ease up Flowers. I've been in a wave since Oct 2016, so know what you're going through.

Xxxx

#806 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

Wondered if anyone knew the dose equivalent of 2.5mg Escitalopram to Citalopram?

I'm considering switching over to Citalopram. Would it be 5mg?

Thanks guys,

JC

#807 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Day 4 - NO acid reflux!

However, instead my weight has shot up several Ibs :0(

Have started a mini floor circuits with hubs to try to re-build my strength, and I'm doing that with the walking.

STILL Phlegmy, this is driving me nuts :0( although the amount produced has eased.

My homeopath said that because I used steroid cream on my upper body to blitz the eczema, the result being it disappeared.

However, in homeopathic terms, all the steroid cream did was act as a bandaid and "push the eczema back into my body again"; and whatever illness my body is trying to get rid of, gets manifested on to my skin as eczema.

My homeopath reckons this is why I still have my upper respiratory tract infection.

#808 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

When I stopped the PPI's, my weight shot up too. I wondered if something was wrong with me. :(

Take care,
Frogie xx
Previous medications and discontinuations: Zoloft, 1997 - 1999; switch to Paxil, 1999-2002, switch to Lexapro // Gabapentin, 900mg, 2010-2015: tapered of 9 weeks, last dose Sept. 2015, no symptoms // Lamictal, 300 mg, 2009-2015, taper of 6 weeks, last dose Oct 2015, no symptoms //Valium, 40 mg, 2008-2015, 8-week taper, last dose Dec 2015, no symptoms Current medications: Carafate 1mg (anti-ulcer med) 4x a day as needed. Prescribed but not taking it.Lexapro: 2002 - March 2016: 20 mg; Mar-Apr 2016: 8 week taper 20 mg - 10 mg; 8-June 9mg; 13-June10 mg; 11-Sep 7.5 mg; 25-Sep 5 mg; 5 Oct 10mg; started taking Liquid Lexapro in Nov 2016; started taper with liquid 1/1/17 9mg Xanax, 3 mg in 4 split doses, 2008-present Prilosec 40mg; 28- Aug started 25% taper; 1-Oct 20mg a.m. + 15mg p.m. Stopped Nov 26, 2016 w/rebound acid but not too bad.For nausea as needed: Zantac , 300mg only "as needed". Zofran 4mg for nausea; only take it when nausea is unbearable.Supplements: 150 mg Mag chloride, 400IU Vitamin E, 350mg Krill Oil, Milk Thistle, Probiotic

#809 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:34 AM

When I stopped the PPI's, my weight shot up too. I wondered if something was wrong with me. :(
Take care,
Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

Do you mean probiotic or stomach acid blockers? I finished taking the 200 billion probiotic after 7 days and then my weight shot up, but also the acid reflux stopped.

I took PPIs (Omazoprol) for only 6 weeks last summer, and haven't taken anything like that since.

Take care,
JC xxx

#810 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

Take care,
Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,
Do you mean probiotic or stomach acid blockers? I finished taking the 200 billion probiotic after 7 days and then my weight shot up, but also the acid reflux stopped.
I took PPIs (Omazoprol) for only 6 weeks last summer, and haven't taken anything like that since.
Take care,
JC xxx

Hi JC:

I misunderstood you. I thought you stopped omeprazole and gained weight. That's what happened to me. I stopped omeprazole and gained 6 pounds.

I take a probiotic everyday, but not that strong.

Hope you're doing well :)

Take care,
Frogie xx
Previous medications and discontinuations: Zoloft, 1997 - 1999; switch to Paxil, 1999-2002, switch to Lexapro // Gabapentin, 900mg, 2010-2015: tapered of 9 weeks, last dose Sept. 2015, no symptoms // Lamictal, 300 mg, 2009-2015, taper of 6 weeks, last dose Oct 2015, no symptoms //Valium, 40 mg, 2008-2015, 8-week taper, last dose Dec 2015, no symptoms Current medications: Carafate 1mg (anti-ulcer med) 4x a day as needed. Prescribed but not taking it.Lexapro: 2002 - March 2016: 20 mg; Mar-Apr 2016: 8 week taper 20 mg - 10 mg; 8-June 9mg; 13-June10 mg; 11-Sep 7.5 mg; 25-Sep 5 mg; 5 Oct 10mg; started taking Liquid Lexapro in Nov 2016; started taper with liquid 1/1/17 9mg Xanax, 3 mg in 4 split doses, 2008-present Prilosec 40mg; 28- Aug started 25% taper; 1-Oct 20mg a.m. + 15mg p.m. Stopped Nov 26, 2016 w/rebound acid but not too bad.For nausea as needed: Zantac , 300mg only "as needed". Zofran 4mg for nausea; only take it when nausea is unbearable.Supplements: 150 mg Mag chloride, 400IU Vitamin E, 350mg Krill Oil, Milk Thistle, Probiotic

#811 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

No worries Frogie, I guess we have to expect the unexpected with this stuff.

It was a very potent probiotic so no reason why that shouldn't happen.

The only thing is, the blurb said I would feel "lighter" after taking it, lol.

#812 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

No worries Frogie, I guess we have to expect the unexpected with this stuff.
It was a very potent probiotic so no reason why that shouldn't happen.
The only thing is, the blurb said I would feel "lighter" after taking it, lol.

Might feel lighter, but don't weigh yourself lol...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cipralex, Lexapro, escitalopram, reinstate+