SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Junglechicken

Well my result was 5.6 = Borderline / Slightly high. Not AS BAD as I had at first thought, but still requires action on my part.

JC,

That does not sound like a "cholesterol" number. Rather it sounds like a hemoglobin A1C number where 5.6 just below the range where people worry about "prediabetes".  Hemoglobin A1C is a measure over a 3-month period of your blood sugar levels.

Does this sound right to you?

If not, I'm confused by the testing.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Check out the UK NHS cholesterol measurements, and you should come across that number.

The "healthy" number to have for this is actually "4".

This was a specific cholesterol test.

Best,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus
Hi Andy,

Check out the UK NHS cholesterol measurements, and you should come across that number.

Best,

JC

So, I went onto the NHS site and now I recognize that I made the assumption that what we do in the US applies in the UK as well.  Typical of an American!  In any event, I'm sorry to say that in my view that test is meaningless, JC.  All that provides is the "total cholesterol" and without knowing the breakdown between HDL ("good") cholesterol and LDL ("bad") cholesterol it really means very little.  Did they provide those numbers?

I would argue that it would be best to get to next level testing which looks at all of the subparticles of cholesterol such as LPO-a and b, etc. as well as particle size. In the US these are fairly easy to get but I don't know about the UK.  You could have very high cholesterol but if it's all the "fluffy" kind of cholesterol (big particles), it's not an issue at all.

Did they provide any more detail?  If not, prior to your next appointment and changing things up, you should do some research on what goes into the concept of "cholesterol."  It is no where near as simple as the doctors like to portray it.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi Andy,

Best,

JC

So, I went onto the NHS site and now I recognize that I made the assumption that what we do in the US applies in the UK as well.  Typical of an American!  In any event, I'm sorry to say that in my view that test is meaningless, JC.  All that provides is the "total cholesterol" and without knowing the breakdown between HDL ("good") cholesterol and LDL ("bad") cholesterol it really means very little.  Did they provide those numbers?

I would argue that it would be best to get to next level testing which looks at all of the subparticles of cholesterol such as LPO-a and b, etc. as well as particle size. In the US these are fairly easy to get but I don't know about the UK.  You could have very high cholesterol but if it's all the "fluffy" kind of cholesterol (big particles), it's not an issue at all.

Did they provide any more detail?  If not, prior to your next appointment and changing things up, you should do some research on what goes into the concept of "cholesterol."  It is no where near as simple as the doctors like to portray it.

Best,

Andy

Andy,

It's totally fine, one of our challenges on SA, and given how international we are, is making correlations across certain medical measurements from around the world. Having said that, like maths, it's all the same "language".

Anyway, thank you for your detailed response.

The cholesterol test has 3 numbers with my "5.6" being the overall number.

I will be discussing this result with my doc next week, and will get to the "nitty gritty" of what's going on in my arteries.

Best,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi JC:

Wishing you luck at the dr. :)

I did the same thing. I was losing weight so started eating "crap" and now weigh more than I did, so now it's diet time. :)

Right now my blood pressure is a little high. The dr said its nothing to be medicated for, but it just bothers me knowing I have it. I think it's the steroids and pain meds I'm on for the pinched nerve. I googled it and it says steroids will raise your blood pressure.

I'm just falling apart. I was joking with my chiropractor this morning and told him I could go jump off a cliff, but we don't have any. It's all very very flat where I live. He said don't do that it just means more work for him. We just laughed.

I was supposed to see a new therapist today, but she's sick. My regular therapist has been in and out of the hospital since Christmas and hopefully she will be back the end of April. I have an appt fri. Hopefully this one will be there and I can finally talk to someone after a month.

Every nutritionist and dr I've talked to say the Mediterranean diet is the best. I want to do Nutisystem, but it's about $300 month. They have their own food. I keep trying to get my fiancé to let me try it for a month, but he's not buying it, either way lol... (My asking for it or paying for it). :( Oh well, guess I have to cook yuck!

Sorry for rambling. Hope I didn't bother you too much. You just listen and have kind and caring words for me. I need that right now. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Frogie,

Very interesting in that our thinking about the weight loss wasn't so different after all. All down to mental illness, as most normal functioning people would be only too delighted to watch the scales dropping a 1ib a day. For me, that was terrifying.

That was a VERY bad time for me, and I felt so "fu***d up" by everything.

Fortunately I LOVE the Mediterranean diet, having spent a number of years living in southern France. Of course, the fresh produce you can buy at the markets in Mediterranean countries is light years better than the stuff we get at the supermarkets in Northern Europe.

The cynic in me, says that those "nutri-bullet" systems are a marketing gimic, and very expensive indeed. You can get all the nutrition you need from a balanced diet.

Sorry that you've had difficulty getting time with a therapist Frogie. It does disrupt things a lot, as we need that outlet to vent our frustrations and struggles. I hope you can get your routine back ASAP.

Take care,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Frogie,

Very interesting in that our thinking about the weight loss wasn't so different after all. All down to mental illness, as most normal functioning people would be only too delighted to watch the scales dropping a 1ib a day. For me, that was terrifying.

That was a VERY bad time for me, and I felt so "fu***d up" by everything.

Fortunately I LOVE the Mediterranean diet, having spent a number of years living in southern France. Of course, the fresh produce you can buy at the markets in Mediterranean countries is light years better than the stuff we get at the supermarkets in Northern Europe.

The cynic in me, says that those "nutri-bullet" systems are a marketing gimic, and very expensive indeed. You can get all the nutrition you need from a balanced diet.

Sorry that you've had difficulty getting time with a therapist Frogie. It does disrupt things a lot, as we need that outlet to vent our frustrations and struggles. I hope you can get your routine back ASAP.

Take care,

JC xxx

Thanks for listening. You have no idea how your kind words help, especially now.

Did you lose weight on the Mediterranean diet? I know those other ones are probably gimmicks but it looks so good. Guaranteed to lose 20 pounds and 7 inches the 1st month. Probably is too good to be true.

Therapists do disrupt your life when they aren't available. But eventually it will work out.

Good luck on you diet. Maybe we can help each other. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Alas Frogie, when I lived in the south of France all those years ago I was a teenager.

Yes, my weight went up and down but generally I was very N fit and healthy, and it was my parents who put the food on the table. They were always watching what they ate.

During the summer we ate outside and had an outdoor kitchen, and during the winter my mother cooked wholesome stuff.

I definitely think we can do a weekly "check-in" with each other as to our weight loss progress!

Good luck to you too Frogie - you can and will succeed!

Take care,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Alas Frogie, when I lived in the south of France all those years ago I was a teenager.

Yes, my weight went up and down but generally I was very N fit and healthy, and it was my parents who put the food on the table. They were always watching what they ate.

During the summer we ate outside and had an outdoor kitchen, and during the winter my mother cooked wholesome stuff.

I definitely think we can do a weekly "check-in" with each other as to our weight loss progress!

Good luck to you too Frogie - you can and will succeed!

Take care,

JC xxx

I've never been across the world. My fiancé was in the Navy, so he got yo see the world. He said its beautiful.

My grandparents usually fed me. They were into frying and fats. But I was always slender until these stupid ad's. Then I packed on the pounds.

That would be great, checking on each other. Maybe you could give me some tips also.

Thanks again for caring. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

... The cholesterol test has 3 numbers with my "5.6" being the overall number.

I will be discussing this result with my doc next week, and will get to the "nitty gritty" of what's going on in my arteries.

To confuse you some more, :D, the LDL, the "bad" cholesterol, is a calculated value using an equation that includes HDL and triglycerides and total cholesterol. It is not an actual lab tested value.  And, LDL itself is a summary of two types of LDL. I won't bog down your intro with information and links unless you want them. If you do, let me know.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Upper body pain started the day before yesterday just after exercises.....so taking a break from the floor exercises (press ups and plank). As my core isn't very strong it's possible I'm compensating with my back.

Dull pain between the shoulder blades and chest area :0(. Panicked yesterday and the day before which caused shallow breathing and an even tighter chest.

Trying NOT to convince myself that it's a lung issue or worse. Rationing is that my breathing is fine, and I don't struggle with walking up hills or fast.

However, am still determined to get heart and lungs listened to for peace of mind next week.

Gotta do this thing called CBT!

Oh and MIL is helping to pay for therapy after hubs convinced her that she was trying to back out of honoring something she had offered to do.

Major Life Events: 

... The cholesterol test has 3 numbers with my "5.6" being the overall number.I will be discussing this result with my doc next week, and will get to the "nitty gritty" of what's going on in my arteries.

To confuse you some more, :D, the LDL, the "bad" cholesterol, is a calculated value using an equation that includes HDL and triglycerides and total cholesterol. It is not an actual lab tested value.  And, LDL itself is a summary of two types of LDL. I won't bog down your intro with information and links unless you want them. If you do, let me know.

Thanks Scally, your medical wisdom is appreciated:0)

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Here's a series of posts, by an informed consumer not a medical professional, on another forum that inspired me to learn more about serum cholesterol levels and how they're interpreted and how they could/should be interpreted:

Cholesterol: a primer.

The text is a little glitchy and a bit hard to read because a forum software update didn't like apostrophes. So every word with one has code instead of the apostrophe, e.g. "doesn't" instead of "doesn't."

Another link from the blog side of that site: The Definitive Guide to Cholesterol.

Most doctors prescribe statins as casually as they do psychiatric drugs, so it's important to get informed about the difference between LDL and vLDL cholesterol (Pattern B), what lifestyle changes you can make to reduce vLDL, and about the risks of statins.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Have to admit Scally that reading those articles is scaring me.

Thank you very much for sending me the links though, and at least I have them to refer to when I errr, pluck up the courage.

My diet definitely took a turn for the worst last summer......when we lived in Canada we ate very healthily, so it's amazing the difference a year can make when it comes to overall health/wellbeing.

So just got back from doing the food shop:

Substituted cakes for "cherry Bakewell" and "salted caramel" flavored green tea.

Substituted biscuits and chocolate for the lightest least calorie crackers and also Brazil and cashew nuts.

Full fat bio yoghurt for zero fat yoghurt.

Butter for olive oil blended spread.

You get the picture!

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you very much for sending me the links though, and at least I have them to refer to when I errr, pluck up the courage.

JC,

I know it is hard, especially in withdrawal, but I would urge you to "pluck up the courage" to read those and others sooner rather than later.  I appreciate your efforts to "do the right thing" but when I look at the substitutions you made, you went to "reduced fat" which in most cases results in higher carbohydrate/sugar. The latest science will tell you that increases in cholesterol and blood sugar are less the result of ingesting fat than they are the result of ingesting carbs and the conversion of carbs to sugar. I know this flies in the face of what the world's governments have been telling us for years, but fat is no longer the enemy. It just has to be the right kind of fat.  Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, etc. are all great foods to include in your diet and have the added benefit of satisfying you sooner.  

Don't buy into the food manufacturers "low fat" approach to everything.  That's part of how the world's population go so fat and so sick.

Do the research.  It's not as hard as you think once you get going.

Best,

Andy 

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

JC,

I know it is hard, especially in withdrawal, but I would urge you to "pluck up the courage" to read those and others sooner rather than later.  I appreciate your efforts to "do the right thing" but when I look at the substitutions you made, you went to "reduced fat" which in most cases results in higher carbohydrate/sugar. The latest science will tell you that increases in cholesterol and blood sugar are less the result of ingesting fat than they are the result of ingesting carbs and the conversion of carbs to sugar. I know this flies in the face of what the world's governments have been telling us for years, but fat is no longer the enemy. It just has to be the right kind of fat.  Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, etc. are all great foods to include in your diet and have the added benefit of satisfying you sooner.  

Don't buy into the food manufacturers "low fat" approach to everything.  That's part of how the world's population go so fat and so sick.

Do the research.  It's not as hard as you think once you get going.

Best,

Andy

Andy,

Thank you for your message.

I have been cooking with olive oil for years, and recently started cooking with coconut oil (AliG's original suggestion for my skin) which is really great to use.

Actually, I didn't think there were any "low fat" substitutes in that list, as I am well aware of the myth that "low fat" is better for you as food manufacturers put in loads of sugar to make those food products more palatable.

The only item was zero fat Bio natural yoghurt.

The other items don't have sugar and aren't processed.

I was telling Frogie how when I lived in the south of France as a teenager we ate the most wonderful fresh produce from the markets. Cheap and uber nutritious. The "Mediterranean diet" as it's known.

Now it's a case of training my brain to get used to a different way of eating once again, as the depressed brain wanted refined sugar and bad fat all the time.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

OK, JC.  Didn't mean to come across as "talking down" to you.

Sounds like you are on top of things so I'll keep to myself.  

I was concerned about the zero yogurt and blended olive oil spread but you clearly know what you are looking at.

Sorry again.

Andy

OK, JC.  Didn't mean to come across as "talking down" to you.

Sounds like you are on top of things so I'll keep to myself.  

I was concerned about the zero yogurt and blended olive oil spread but you clearly know what you are looking at.

Sorry again.

Andy

Andy,

Absolutely no offense taken, I know you're only trying to help, and very much appreciate it.

It's extremely difficult to gauge what people's experiences are from bite size chunks of info on posts......so don't worry!

Thank you very much for taking an interest in my health issues!

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

So now I am "on track" with the diet change, I have also started looking into Periodontics where I live, as this has been another health issue I have in the back of my mind.

My gums need a big time once, twice, thrice over as we haven't been to the dentist in a year since moving back from Canada, and I am starting to freak out about the never ending build up.

Then there is a list for my GP next week:

Phlegm issue (PND?) - still not resolved

Cholesterol test result / Xanthalasma removal

Mole - get checked for potential removal

Heart and lung function

BP

Pee odour - sorry, too much info but gotta ask her.....just in case.

Not too many things, but desperate for peace of mind.

God I am unhealthy these days :0(

Major Life Events: 

So now I am "on track" with the diet change, I have also started looking into Periodontics where I live, as this has been another health issue I have in the back of my mind.

My gums need a big time once, twice, thrice over as we haven't been to the dentist in a year since moving back from Canada, and I am starting to freak out about the never ending build up.

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Not too much information. Say what you need to say, that's what we are here for. To help each other.

I'm sorry you are going through all of that.

Keep your chin up. It's all W/D, not your fault. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Not too much information. Say what you need to say, that's what we are here for. To help each other.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie, appreciate the support.

The smelly pee is probably a UTI or something, so will present her with a pee sample to test for bacteria. You know the drill....

Am trying to get back to "good health". I SO took this for granted when I was young-er.

Take care,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

The smelly pee is probably a UTI or something, so will present her with a pee sample to test for bacteria. You know the drill....

Am trying to get back to "good health". I SO took this for granted when I was young-er.

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi:

You probably have a UTI. Aren't they fun! Not. :)

Have you eaten anything funky that would have made your urine smell?

Keep your chin up, it will get better.

You'll get some antibiotics and be fine.

Take care,

Frogie xx

On a non-health note, Britain is being battered by 'Storm Doris'. There have been gusts of up to 100mph, which I can well believe.

On my walk today, I had to crawl under two massive trees that had met their fate, and fallen across the road; and not so long after witnessed an old tree toppling over :0(

The wind was SO strong that it literally pushed me into a run!

Wow, the power of nature never ceases to amaze me.

Major Life Events: 

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Don't think I've eaten anything funky, was wracking my brains.

Trouble is, the smell has been going on for a few days now which leads me to believe that it is an 'issue' rather than a one off.

Thanks Frogie as ever,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Trouble is, the smell has been going on for a few days now which leads me to believe that it is an 'issue' rather than a one off.

Thanks Frogie as ever,

JC xxx

It's an issue. Sorry to say.

Hope you can get it taken care of quickly. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie as ever,

JC xxx

Take care,

Frogie xx

Going to go tomorrow xxx

Major Life Events: 

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie as ever,

JC xxx

Take care,

Frogie xx

Going to go tomorrow xxx

Good. Get on an antibiotic and get it overwith. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie as ever,

JC xxx

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Just got back from seeing the doc - NO blood or bacteria found in urine sample.

She gave me amoxicillin just in case it got worse over the weekend, and advised to drink plenty of water.

I also mentioned the phlegm - she was unconcerned and said if there was a low level infection, then the amoxicillin would get rid of that aswell. The steroid nasal spray I have been taking the last couple of weeks isn't really doing anything TBH.

Uggh!

Have booked our dentist appts for full check-up next week.

Working hard at getting my health back!

This morning I held a "plank" position for a full minute, and 6 was ago I couldn't even do 20 secs.

Frogie - how are you? Is that nerve still causing you grief?

Take care,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Heart and lung function

BP

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie as ever,

JC xxx

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Just got back from seeing the doc - NO blood or bacteria found in urine sample.

She gave me amoxicillin just in case it got worse over the weekend, and advised to drink plenty of water.

I also mentioned the phlegm - she was unconcerned and said if there was a low level infection, then the amoxicillin would get rid of that aswell. The steroid nasal spray I have been taking the last couple of weeks isn't really doing anything TBH.

Uggh!

Have booked our dentist appts for full check-up next week.

Working hard at getting my health back!

This morning I held a "plank" position for a full minute, and 6 was ago I couldn't even do 20 secs.

Frogie - how are you? Is that nerve still causing you grief?

Take care,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I'm glad you got an antibiotic. I would take it if I were you. It will clear up that phlegm and whatever else you may have.

I wake up in the morning and my elbow is tingling but I'm not in pain.

I don't know why but had a meltdown this morning. Guess I'll get used to it. :)

I just want to be happy. You know what I mean?

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

I know what you mean (happiness), although curiously, my mood has been better recently.

It's the endless health issues that get me down.....I guess my goal is to get a clean bill of "physical" health?

Therapy starts up again on Monday (phew!), however CBT isn't finished yet.

Like so much of the WD **** we have to deal with, these meltdowns are inclined to come out of nowhere (rather like panic attacks), I think it's previously buried emotions that rise to the surface. The roller coaster ride of a lifetime that is "WD".

Sounds like your elbow is on the mend Frogie, that's good news. How many more chiro sessions do you have?

In two minds whether to take the amoxicillin TBH :0(. ABs seem to be the WD sufferers enemy, and so I am hesitant - yes, it could kill off any lurgies lingering inside me, but then I'll need to order a powerful probiotic to address the internal balance again.

Nothing straightforward any more.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Frogie,

I know what you mean (happiness), although curiously, my mood has been better recently.

It's the endless health issues that get me down.....I guess my goal is to get a clean bill of "physical" health?

Therapy starts up again on Monday (phew!), however CBT isn't finished yet.

Like so much of the WD **** we have to deal with, these meltdowns are inclined to come out of nowhere (rather like panic attacks), I think it's previously buried emotions that rise to the surface. The roller coaster ride of a lifetime that is "WD".

Sounds like your elbow is on the mend Frogie, that's good news. How many more chiro sessions do you have?

In two minds whether to take the amoxicillin TBH :0(. ABs seem to be the WD sufferers enemy, and so I am hesitant - yes, it could kill off any lurgies lingering inside me, but then I'll need to order a powerful probiotic to address the internal balance again.

Nothing straightforward any more.

TC,

JC xxx

I would take it, just because you have been "sick" for so long, that maybe it would clear everything up.

That's just my opinion.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Done some mulling Frogie and yes, you're probably right - I should take the AB.

Thing is I will have to go for a different one to "amoxacillan", as apparently it exacerabates or causes yeast infections, which is another issue I have.

Will see if I can get a different AB which can zap out 3 or 4 things at once.

How are you feeling today?

Take care,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Done some mulling Frogie and yes, you're probably right - I should take the AB.

Thing is I will have to go for a different one to "amoxacillan", as apparently it exacerabates or causes yeast infections, which is another issue I have.

Will see if I can get a different AB which can zap out 3 or 4 things at once.

How are you feeling today?

Take care,

JC xxx

I get yeast infections too. No fun. You'll have to get something for that.

For the 1st time since I started tapering, I couldn't sleep. I think it was the steroids I was on. It will get better.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

I have ordered my 200 billion count probiotic in preparation for the AB when it hits my system.

Have also ordered some "special stuff" for treating candida / yeast infections, so when combined with a virtually refined sugarless diet; I should be in a better place to heal internally.

My skin has become itchy again :angry: so will likely have to reach for the steroid cream <BIG SIGH>!

Next week am gonna be busy: psychotherapy, dentist and doctor.

Keeping my eye on that goal: to get my physical health back to "good" again.

Major Life Events: 

I have ordered my 200 billion count probiotic in preparation for the AB when it hits my system.

Have also ordered some "special stuff" for treating candida / yeast infections, so when combined with a virtually refined sugarless diet; I should be in a better place to heal internally.

My skin has become itchy again :angry: so will likely have to reach for the steroid cream <BIG SIGH>!

Next week am gonna be busy: psychotherapy, dentist and doctor.

Keeping my eye on that goal: to get my physical health back to "good" again.

Forgot to add that on Friday I have a job interview!  Its just part-time carer work, but would get me out of the house.

Major Life Events: 

I strongly believe my eczema is a "secondary" symptom.

Because I'm anxious about other symptoms, it causes the eczema to rear its ugly head each time.

Am still trapped in this horrible symptom cycle.

Face is itchy AGAIN :0(

Major Life Events: 

That's awesome about the job, I'll think positive thoughts for you. :)

I've never had eczema so I don't know anything about it. I hope it heals for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx