Junglechicken

That's awesome about the job, I'll think positive thoughts for you. :)

I've never had eczema so I don't know anything about it. I hope it heals for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie!

It's something I can definitely do despite the position I'm in physical and mental. There ar certain things I draw the line at doing but everything else is fine.

The eczema is autoimmune and will continue to flare up so long as I get stressed about something (in this case phlegm); which by the way my therapist told me this afternoon was extremely common in this part of the U.K. (the Thames Valley). The reason for this is because it's even damper, so upper respiratory tract infections just linger.

Don't feel QUITE so unhealthy now. Plan to get a Candida test done so will ask the doc on Thursday.

Will apply tea tree oil to my fungal nails in place of ABs (which don't work either apparently).

Gotta keep healing natural!

Bought a "dessert" herbal tea instead of chocolate today.

Hope you're feeling better Frogie? Have you and Cat started your yoga sessions yet?

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

That's awesome about the job, I'll think positive thoughts for you. :)

I've never had eczema so I don't know anything about it. I hope it heals for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie!

It's something I can definitely do despite the position I'm in physical and mental. There ar certain things I draw the line at doing but everything else is fine.

The eczema is autoimmune and will continue to flare up so long as I get stressed about something (in this case phlegm); which by the way my therapist told me this afternoon was extremely common in this part of the U.K. (the Thames Valley). The reason for this is because it's even damper, so upper respiratory tract infections just linger.

Don't feel QUITE so unhealthy now. Plan to get a Candida test done so will ask the doc on Thursday.

Will apply tea tree oil to my fungal nails in place of ABs (which don't work either apparently).

Gotta keep healing natural!

Bought a "dessert" herbal tea instead of chocolate today.

Hope you're feeling better Frogie? Have you and Cat started your yoga sessions yet?

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC

It's sooo good to hear when your spirits are up. I can tell just by the way you are writing.

Hopefully the AB will knock the crap out of the phlegm and you'll feel better. :)

Your eczema is something you just have to live with. But maybe it will calm down after all of this other stuff going on.

Tea Tree Oil is good for a lot of problems. I've used it quite a bit.

I graduated to 1 day a week at the chiropractor. I was only out in one little spot under my left shoulder blade, but it has to be where it makes my arm tingle. But I told Catnapt this too shall pass.

She showed me some stuff to do with my neck, which I think will help immensely.

Feel better soon. Take the AB and you will feel better in a few days.

Take care,

Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Ahhh, thanks Frogie!

Glad things are getting better with your shoulder.....trapped nerves are extremely painful (been there), and it's the tension in our bodies that causes it unfortunately.

Am off to the dentist tomorrow :0(. Dreading what he might find. I had a wonderful Romainian dentist in Canada - never felt a thing and I have uber sensitive teeth/gums, hence the periodontics.

Been referred by my p-doc to another p-doc, as current p-doc is closing his clinic :0(. Like you I don't like any change in who is looking after me in the medical department whatsoever.

All very disruptive.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Dentist gave my mouth "thumbs up", which was amazing to hear as its been a year since we last went.

Just regular Hygienest appts going forward for now - phew!

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

Sorry to hear about your pdoc, but maybe the new one will turn out fine.

Glad you had an "A" at the dentist. Always makes you feel good. Now just cleanings.

I can still feel my shoulder. It goes down into my elbow. Not painful anymore, so that's good. Just annoying. I didn't know we did them to ourselves. I thought I slept wrong.

Glad you're doing better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Yes, and now my entire right jaw really hurts after having to hold my mouth open wide for a photo shoot of the inside of my gorgeously sexy mouth, lol!

It's amazing how damaging a lot of tension can be to our bodies.

Take care,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Wow that's awesome you gave beautiful teeth.

I have ugly teeth.

It will go away in a couple of days.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Wow that's awesome you gave beautiful teeth.

I have ugly teeth.

It will go away in a couple of days.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

I don't have a beautiful mouth or teeth unfortunately....I wish.  Those photos were just to show me a couple of things that were going on in there, lol.

Struggling with an eczema flare-up on my face :(   Just cannot control these flare-ups other than to slap on steroid cream.

Am in two minds as to whether I can attend the interview tomorrow as my face is red and sore.

Its never ending now...flare up after flare up after flare up, which has been going on for about a year now.

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

JC:

You will be fine.

Go to that interview proud of yourself. Think of all you have accomplished.

You'll always have flare ups. Nothing can be done about it except put your steriod cream on.

Good luck. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie,

These eczema flare ups really get me down TBH.

My skin gets unbearably itchy, and then goes red and has a horrible swollen appearance to it, to the point I don't want to be seen in public.

Then its a never ending cycle of putting on thick layers of emollient numerous times a day followed by steroid cream.

Really tired of it :( and its an indicator of where my immune system is - COMPROMISED!

Take care,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

JC:

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

But you have come a long way and you should be proud.

I know how you feel. My stomach is acting up again. I don't know why. I was doing fine and now I'm sick again. Maybe it was the steroids that made me sick, but I've been off them at least a week. I can't remember.

But you put your cream on and be thankful you have that. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

JC:

I know how you feel. My stomach is acting up again. I don't know why. I was doing fine and now I'm sick again. Maybe it was the steroids that made me sick, but I've been off them at least a week. I can't remember.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

You're sweet, thanks for the sympathy.....lets just say, I hate my skin AND my brain as they are both guilty! You're right, at least I have cream to calm it down for a bit.

Do you mean you are nauseous Frogie (as before)? Do you keep a symptoms and medication tracker? I find it helps to make correlations, although as far as CBT goes, it's kind of a "no no" lol! Have you started your Mediterranean diet yet? Just trying to think of possible contributing factors. Another possibility could be ABs.....maybe these have upset the GI tract? Sorry you're not feeling good :0(

On a positive note, I actually had a good trip to the doctors this evening, will do my update after this.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

You're sweet, thanks for the sympathy.....lets just say, I hate my skin AND my brain as they are both guilty! You're right, at least I have cream to calm it down for a bit.

Do you mean you are nauseous Frogie (as before)? Do you keep a symptoms and medication tracker? I find it helps to make correlations, although as far as CBT goes, it's kind of a "no no" lol! Have you started your Mediterranean diet yet? Just trying to think of possible contributing factors. Another possibility could be ABs.....maybe these have upset the GI tract? Sorry you're not feeling good :0(

On a positive note, I actually had a good trip to the doctors this evening, will do my update after this.

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I'm not quite as nauseous as before. I think it had something to do with the steroids and the oxycodone. We will see if it calms down.

I got a great suggestion from someone here. They take 1/2 of their new prescription and 1/2 of the old one, mix it together (it's the liquid), and they aren't sick if it comes from a different manufacturer. So I did that this morning, maybe that's it. I'm not going to dwell on it. It will drive me crazy, or crazier than I already am lol...

You will be fine. Trust me. If people want to look let them, then ask them if they would like some of this wonderful cream I use. Bet they leave you alone.

Just want you to be happy with yourself. I think everyone has flaws, I do. I have a pretty big belly. People have asked me when I'm due. I tell them I'm not but thanks for asking. That's why I'm going on the diet. We haven't started it yet, we still have food to get rid of before we can. Can't afford to waste it.

It's nice to hear kind words, you help me a lot. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

You help me a lot too - thank you :0)

So my doctor visit yesterday revealed the following:

Cholesterol = only fractionally slightly over, but weight loss will put that right.

Xanthalasma = can get them "frozen" / removed at the surgery.

Blood sugar = Normal. Andy (Apace) you were absolutely right, in that as well as the cholesterol results, the blood sugar # is in there as well.

Mole = benign (still getting it removed).

Phlegm = "Thames Valley Syndrome", in other words completely harmless! Having moved over from an extremely dry part of Canada to a very damp part of the U.K. (Thames River valley), where there is a lot of rainfall, it has made me produce more cattahhr/mucus than usual. Despite eating minimal dairy for the sake of nutrition.

Candida Albicans overgrowth = not possible to have a blood test for this as it doesn't exist here, but have ordered some special probiotic and will also treat externally.

So, all in all, good news.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

JC. This is all good news and hopefully will go a long way to allaying some of your fears. I hope this feels like a weight off your mind. Maybe you can relax now - let that worry start to diminish a little and get back to a stress free place of calm.

Have you looked into meditation ?  It may be helpful for you as it seems to be for most people.  :)  Just a thought....  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

JC. This is all good news and hopefully will go a long way to allaying some of your fears. I hope this feels like a weight off your mind. Maybe you can relax now - let that worry start to diminish a little and get back to a stress free place of calm.

Have you looked into meditation ?  It may be helpful for you as it seems to be for most people.  :)  Just a thought....

Thank you Ali :0)

Yes, that doc visit certainly does allay all my health fears, and now it's time to get meditating and of course losing weight.

My probiotics arrived this morning aswell.....yippee!

I also realize how dangerous my mind is at building things up to a catastrophic level.

Ali - are you out of that wave yet my friend?

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

JC.  In W/D we can all build things up in our minds. It's not us - it's the drugs. We have to remember that.

I'm probably out of the last one and into the next . LOL.  It's choppy waters and I'm becoming an expert surfer !  :D  Onward & upward .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

JC.  In W/D we can all build things up in our minds. It's not us - it's the drugs. We have to remember that.

I'm probably out of the last one and into the next . LOL.  It's choppy waters and I'm becoming an expert surfer !  :D  Onward & upward .

Another brave lady in our midst...you can teach me how to surf, lol. The ocean has always freaked me out.

Yes, onward and upward X

Major Life Events: 

Frogie,

Cholesterol = only fractionally slightly over, but weight loss will put that right.

Blood sugar = Normal. Andy (Apace) you were absolutely right, in that as well as the cholesterol results, the blood sugar # is in there as well.

Phlegm = "Thames Valley Syndrome", in other words completely harmless! Having moved over from an extremely dry part of Canada to a very damp part of the U.K. (Thames River valley), where there is a lot of rainfall, it has made me produce more cattahhr/mucus than usual. Despite eating minimal dairy for the sake of nutrition.

Candida Albicans overgrowth = not possible to have a blood test for this as it doesn't exist here, but have ordered some special probiotic and will also treat externally.

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I'm sooooo glad that you actually had a great dr appt. and a dentist appt the other day.

That makes me so happy. :)

It shows that people like us can actually function and be healthy!

Your kind words help me a lot. You have no idea how much that helps.

Thank you for being there...

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I'm sooooo glad that you actually had a great dr appt. and a dentist appt the other day.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie, my friend :) 

Your kind words have helped me immensely too over the months.

Yes, these results prove that we're not all sick people, lol.  At least I AM having to make some lifestyle changes to improve my health.

However, watch this space, as I haven't started my taper yet!!!

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Frogie,

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie, my friend :) 

Your kind words have helped me immensely too over the months.

Yes, these results prove that we're not all sick people, lol.  At least I AM having to make some lifestyle changes to improve my health.

However, watch this space, as I haven't started my taper yet!!!

TC,

JC xxx

Hi:

I'm tapering. For some reason I've had a hard time with this amount. Don't know if it's the steroids, oxycodone and the pinched nerve, but it will work out.

Not much longer and we will start the diet. We are actually running out of the bad food. Hopefully in the next week or so.

I'm just happy when they do my blood work and my liver panel is ok. That's all I care about right now.

Now on to being healthy and happy together. :)

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement, I really need it right now.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Understandable that you're concerned about your liver panel Frogie.  I remember in the early days of our message exchanges, you were very concerned about them and then got the "all clear".

It certainly feels like an achievement when we can influence our blood test results (whatever they are).

My goal is to reduce my cholesterol and blood sugar numbers through weight loss.

I am very nervous about the taper as that can alter mood, physical state at the drop of a hat and then cause bad eating habits all over again.  I actually feel ready to start the taper now but need to buy scales and a razor blade.

TC,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

Understandable that you're concerned about your liver panel Frogie.  I remember in the early days of our message exchanges, you were very concerned about them and then got the "all clear".

It certainly feels like an achievement when we can influence our blood test results (whatever they are).

My goal is to reduce my cholesterol and blood sugar numbers through weight loss.

I am very nervous about the taper as that can alter mood, physical state at the drop of a hat and then cause bad eating habits all over again.  I actually feel ready to start the taper now but need to buy scales and a razor blade.

TC,

JC xx

I was a wreck... But everyone here got me through it, and you didn't even know me. That says something for the kind of person you are.

Kind and caring...

Tapering does alter things, I'm not going to lie. This one is the hardest. The pinched nerve, the steroids, the oxycodone, and then my daughter in law had a heart procedure done this morning. She's only 32. But she's fine. Her mom text me and gave me the good news and she's on her way home. :)

I think all of that has built up and created some nausea and tears, but happy tears now.

Again thank you for being there when I need you. You are an awesome person. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Thats really kind of you to say so :) 

But you know what? This is a team effort....we're all helping each other through this, and holding each other's hand.

Its all scary, unpredictable, and then having to deal with what life throws at us on top of the poison; just serves to deplete us further.

Right now I'm actually feeling strong-ER physically - wow! I'm also much better mentally than I have been for ages. 

BIG BUT, starting the taper will alter that balance for sure.

Still, I have to take the metaphorical leap into the unknown some time and join the rest of you guys out there tapering.  AliG is right though, it may be that you're going too fast and need to hold for a bit as there are too many "outside influences" affecting your mood/emotional state.

This weekend I'm going to make my final preps and buy the scales and razor blade(s), and then get to it.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Frogie,

But you know what? This is a team effort....we're all helping each other through this, and holding each other's hand.

Its all scary, unpredictable, and then having to deal with what life throws at us on top of the poison; just serves to deplete us further.

Right now I'm actually feeling strong-ER physically - wow! I'm also much better mentally than I have been for ages. 

Still, I have to take the metaphorical leap into the unknown some time and join the rest of you guys out there tapering.  AliG is right though, it may be that you're going too fast and need to hold for a bit as there are too many "outside influences" affecting your mood/emotional state.

This weekend I'm going to make my final preps and buy the scales and razor blade(s), and then get to it.

TC,

JC xxx

Too bad you can't do liquid. It is so easy and more accurate.

I have a scale and started that way until my dr fought the ins company for the liquid and I won :)

Let me know if you have any questions. You are already on such a small amount, go SLOW. Slower than a turtle. Scallywag knows all about it. Talk to her. She is a huge help.

Thanks again,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

TC,

JC xxx

Too bad you can't do liquid. It is so easy and more accurate.

I have a scale and started that way until my dr fought the ins company for the liquid and I won :)

Let me know if you have any questions. You are already on such a small amount, go SLOW. Slower than a turtle. Scallywag knows all about it. Talk to her. She is a huge help.

Thanks again,

Frogie xx

Tell me about it Frogie, I cannot get the 5mg/5ml liquid concentration here. 

However, that was my previous medical centre, so I might try again with my current medical centre and see if they can get hold of some.

Turtle slow indeed (Saw some of those wonderful creatures in Mexico, lol).  Now they look so peaceful, its gorgeous watching them :) 

Yes, Scally is a WD knowledge merchant that's for sure.  I will be asking her as I go along.

TC,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

Forgot to mention that on Thursday, I spoke to my homeopath, who pointed out that the remedies that she has given me to take are pushing out onto my skin whatever my body is trying to "get rid of" = ECZEMA / ATOPIC DERMATITIS.

As such, this is the battle I'm having; in that the nature of homeopathy is to help the body get well naturally, through use of plant remedies that vary in potency. 

However, ALTHOUGH its unpleasant having such an itchy/sore skin condition (my body's dustbin), the obvious reaction is to want to calm the inflamed skin down with a steroid cream.

This creates a "push and pull" scenario, whereby, the homeopathic remedies are in effect "cleansing" the body of ailments and dumping them onto the skin.  The skin is sore and itchy, and as a reaction I put steroid cream on to it to make it easier to live with.

This slows down the overall healing process.

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Could the homeopath prescribe less potent remedies so that the "detox" is milder over a longer period? WHAT is up with these "natural" and "balanced" people that they're in such a rush with OUR bodies?!? :mad:

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Could the homeopath prescribe less potent remedies so that the "detox" is milder over a longer period? WHAT is up with these "natural" and "balanced" people that they're in such a rush with OUR bodies?!? :mad:

Hi Scally,

That's what she's doing. 

She's having to make constant adjustments and phones me to see how I'm doing.  I'll explain that my eczema is flaring up again, and she'll then tailor the next remedies she gives me when I see her accordingly.  I see her once a month now.

Its a very long-winded process which requires a lot of patience.

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

You're more patient than I am JC. I'd bin the stuff or put it on the "try later" shelf.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

You're more patient than I am JC. I'd bin the stuff or put it on the "try later" shelf.

I'm not saying I enjoy the process Scally, lol.  Its a P in the A, but I'm committed to seeing it through.

Major Life Events: 

Gut playing up to latest round of anti-candida probiotics (15bn count ) and 200bn probiotics ........ not suprised at this, was expecting it.

Major Life Events: 

This creates a "push and pull" scenario, whereby, the homeopathic remedies are in effect "cleansing" the body of ailments and dumping them onto the skin.  The skin is sore and itchy, and as a reaction I put steroid cream on to it to make it easier to live with.

JC. As we already know healing can hurt but I believe you're on the right track allowing the body to heal naturally ( as it's designed to do ) and that it will pay off in the long term despite a little pain in the meantime.

Have you tried Aloe Vera yet ? It may be a substitute for the steroid cream while you are going through this cleansing.

• Moderator Emeritus

Your perception is accurate, Scally, in that "natural" and "alternative" people can be a damaging as allopathic doctors if we don't take control and rein them in.  At the end of the day, reminding them it is "our" body and we need to go at "our" speed is crucial.  Most of them have never dealt with someone whose CNS has been as perturbed as ours have from the meds and they are operating on a very "general" level.  The best of them, like the best docs, do individualize and avoid the "one size fits all" mentality but they are few and far between (even if they advertise to the contrary).  

So, while it is better in the long run because the herbs and homeopathic remedies don't have the far-reaching adverse effects of pharmaceuticals, it can create short-term upset to the system because there is "too much of a good thing."

The key is finding the "sweet spot" where you are cleansing the bad stuff but doing it slowly enough that the body can find homeostasis,  Sounds easy but not always the case.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

JC. As we already know healing can hurt but I believe you're on the right track allowing the body to heal naturally ( as it's designed to do ) and that it will pay off in the long term despite a little pain in the meantime.

Have you tried Aloe Vera yet ? It may be a substitute for the steroid cream while you are going through this cleansing.

Hi Ali,

No, I haven't tried Aloe vera yet, although I know its wonderfully cooling on the skin and great for helping to heal open wounds. 

At the moment, lets just say I have rather a lot of skin stuff to put on - can't really keep up.  You will laugh at this one, but the skin stuff the homeopath gave me contains colloidal silver combined with some other remedies!

I should mention that my homeopath is well aware of the dangers of ADs as she was on them herself; and due to her ill health she was "near death" at one point.  She actually cured herself through reading up on homeopathy and applying various remedies until she felt well again. 

JC x

Major Life Events: 

Your perception is accurate, Scally, in that "natural" and "alternative" people can be a damaging as allopathic doctors if we don't take control and rein them in.  At the end of the day, reminding them it is "our" body and we need to go at "our" speed is crucial.  Most of them have never dealt with someone whose CNS has been as perturbed as ours have from the meds and they are operating on a very "general" level.  The best of them, like the best docs, do individualize and avoid the "one size fits all" mentality but they are few and far between (even if they advertise to the contrary).  

So, while it is better in the long run because the herbs and homeopathic remedies don't have the far-reaching adverse effects of pharmaceuticals, it can create short-term upset to the system because there is "too much of a good thing."

The key is finding the "sweet spot" where you are cleansing the bad stuff but doing it slowly enough that the body can find homeostasis,  Sounds easy but not always the case.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Fortunately, my homeopath is well aware of the damage ADs can cause to the CNS.  She is going very gently with me, and has acknowledged multiple times that I am very "sensitive".

Thanks for your interesting comments about Allopathy vs homeopathy.

JC

Major Life Events: