Junglechicken

• Moderator Emeritus

Fortunately, my homeopath is well aware of the damage ADs can cause to the CNS.  She is going very gently with me, and has acknowledged multiple times that I am very "sensitive".

JC,

So awesome that you've found one of the "good ones" who understand about ADs and their effect (in some people) on the CNS.  As you gathered, my comments were intended to be general and not focused on your situation.  ANY healthcare provider who "gets it" -- whether a medical doc, alternative doc, chiropractor, acupuncturist, etc. (even a veterinarian I suppose) is worth their weight in gold!

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Fortunately, my homeopath is well aware of the damage ADs can cause to the CNS.  She is going very gently with me, and has acknowledged multiple times that I am very "sensitive".

JC,

So awesome that you've found one of the "good ones" who understand about ADs and their effect (in some people) on the CNS.  As you gathered, my comments were intended to be general and not focused on your situation.  ANY healthcare provider who "gets it" -- whether a medical doc, alternative doc, chiropractor, acupuncturist, etc. (even a veterinarian I suppose) is worth their weight in gold!

Best,

Andy

Andy,

Yes, I definitely "got that"!

She had been so ill herself that she gave up on the allopathic route to getting well and healed herself through homeopathy - amazing thing to do if you ask me as she was her own guinea pig.

Also, she was covered from head to toe with eczema so understands how challenging it is to get rid of "gently" vs using steroid creams which just temporarily "push it back in to the body again" until the body just pushes it back on to the skin again.

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

I think its time for me to go and get an allergy test done, and determine what might be contributing to my eczema flare-ups.

Its worst on my face, and shows no sign of abating.

Cannot keep whacking on steroid creams.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

I think its time for me to go and get an allergy test done, and determine what might be contributing to my eczema flare-ups.

Hi JC:

I don't know anything about eczema, but can it be nerves? Like you are nervous about starting the taper? Or is it food related? If it is, might not be a bad idea to find out what you are allergic to.

Good luck. Feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi JC:

I don't know anything about eczema, but can it be nerves? Like you are nervous about starting the taper? Or is it food related? If it is, might not be a bad idea to find out what you are allergic to.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

I'm damned if I know, lol. 

Hopefully a "naturopath" can shed some light on what keeps it coming back; and undoubtedly stress plays a big part in fuelling it.  Also, the Candida overgrowth issue.

This is the longest "flare-up" I've ever had.....which has lasted a year now :( 

Mustn't go on about it, but its driving me nuts.

Take care,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

I'm damned if I know, lol. 

Hopefully a "naturopath" can shed some light on what keeps it coming back; and undoubtedly stress plays a big part in fuelling it.  Also, the Candida overgrowth issue.

This is the longest "flare-up" I've ever had.....which has lasted a year now :( 

Mustn't go on about it, but its driving me nuts.

Take care,

JC xx

JC:

Whoever you see to find what's going on, I wish you luck in getting it taken care of.

I know you are frustrated, just like I am with my stupid nausea coming back.

We will beat this. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Frogie,

I think the move back to the UK last year was the "last straw" on my already very stressed immune system; and I think it was this that compromised it completely. 

A healthy immune system keeps things like Candida at bay, not to mention eczema.  I've made a start on repairing it by changing my diet.....

All of this takes time though, which is needless to say, frustrating :( 

Hey ho, people have recovered from much more serious illness.

I know where you live is remote Frogie, but there is no reason why you couldn't do health-related consultations online?

Take care,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

Looking at my diet with a microscope, to eliminate all traces of sugar, e.g. breakfast will now be quinoa and not cereal.

Will also start making Kombucha, but need to get hold of a  "SCOBY", lol.

Going to be meeting someone today about potentially working at a local stables - for horses that are coming back from injury, a rehabilitation yard (I know that feeling).

Also, the naturopath will be calling me today for the initial consultation as I have told her about the Candida issues and eczema.  Maybe the eczema is being fuelled by my unhappy gut??

Have been on the probiotics for almost a week now, and I spoke to the lady at the health food shop who said that it can take up to a month for the gut to feel happier.

Have been using tea tree oil on my toe nails for a few weeks now.

No measurable weight loss as yet and its been over a week.  Possibly the probiotics are affecting my weight??  I am eating a lot less and use a portion plate for the evening meal and don't eat much for lunch as well as exercising for 2 hrs plus floor exercises in the morning daily.

Major Life Events: 

I start working at the stables next Tuesday on a volunteer basis, 2 hrs / day only (10 hrs / wk) for the time being  :) 

Its a start, and I know its the right thing to be doing.  Fresh air, horses, dogs, countryside......all good!

Major Life Events: 

JC. That sounds awesome !  :)  I'm quite envious of the place you live in . It does sound beautiful. I would love to have that beauty around me daily. No wonder that you love walking . If I had that scenery I could easily walk 2 hrs a day also.

This sounds like a great move for you at this time. I know it will go well . Enjoy.

Alison

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thank you Ali :0)

It's even more beautiful in the southwest where I grew up. My dream is to return there to live, and carry on working with horses.

Also, it's inspiring to see horses come back from injury and illness. Horses and humans getting well together, lol!

Major Life Events: 

My soft toy seal "sealy" has just has his first bath in 35 yrs, lol!!!

He is now drying in the airing cupboard :0)

Major Life Events: 

Naturopath appointment set for next Thursday.  She is confident she can get me well again, and maybe; just maybe, I have to call it a day with the Homeopathy as it isn't working :( 

Can't afford to do both unfortunately.

Major Life Events: 

JC:

I wish you all the healing in the world. :)

I'm nauseous again, crying all the time, and my anxiety is through the roof. Don't think my body likes this taper. It can only get better. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

Really sorry to hear that :(

I don't think that the symptoms you have are a mystery though, as they correlate with your taper.  Mine hasn't even started yet....

The neuro-emotions are really hard to deal with as is the anxiety - I understand.

A lot of the Mods have been telling me over and over to look at my diet.....and they were right.  Cut out dairy, refined sugar, yeast based foods....and I think once you start your Mediterranean diet, you will start to feel much better.  However, depression doesn't lend itself to making the right decisions or choices; and that junk food binge last summer (due to a depressive episode) completely upset me internally. 

It triggered GERD, rampant eczema, Candida overgrowth, cystitis-like episodes, maybe even those weird hypoglycaemic episodes I was having. Oh, and it pushed up my cholesterol number.

Who knows???

All I know is, that sometimes its hard to take in the messages people are telling us when we're not ready to "listen" to them.

Now, I'm turning myself inside out and looking at whats going on inside under the microscope, and we'll see what we'll see.

Take care,

JC xxx

I will do updates on how things go with the Naturopath.

You will recover Frogie, its so slow, and that's what this journey about....discovery of what works, what doesn't.

Major Life Events: 

Mediterranean diet can sometimes be too much oil but fine in moderation. Have a look also at  Dr Michael Greger's  Nutrition Facts and Dr  John McDougall.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

But fundamentally, the Mediterranean diet is nutritionally rich comprising fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish.  Olive oil in moderation.

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

But fundamentally, the Mediterranean diet is nutritionally rich comprising fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish.  Olive oil in moderation.

When possible, eat olives if you like them.  They are even better than the oil because of the fiber. 

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

I guess so. There seems to be a lot of contention with the "oil factor  ".  It's not really natural - therefore questionable. ( processed). The natural is better - like real olives.  

Thanks Ali and Andy,

I have been reading up on the "Anti-Candida" diet, and yes, olives are mentioned.

The first step is a 7 day cleanse, as "cleansing starts the hard work of resetting my digestive system, and prepares my intestine for the low-sugar diet, probiotics, and antifungals that will form the rest of my treatment".

Can't wait to beat this thing, as I realise I've suffered from it much longer than I had at first thought.

Also booked in to have my "baseline" bloodwork done, just to make sure all vitals are ok.

Major Life Events: 

Ok, so I think I'm starting to experience "sugar withdrawal", as I have had a nasty headache for the last 2 days.

Just finished making 4 liters of saucraut. At least it will take up to 10 days to complete the fermentation process. That took 4 cabbages, lol!

Bought a load of other nutritional things to support coming off sugar, although I did it cold turkey.

Nice clean teeth again after seeing the Hygienest this morning.

Major Life Events: 

You are sweet enough already JC!

Hugs

xxxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

You are sweet enough already JC!Hugsxxxx

LOL Flowers :0)

It sounds like you are riding that wave as your CNS adjusts to the changes that have taken place Flowers. The fact you're having mood swings etc.,

I'm following your progress.

Being quiet and peaceful is what you need as anything else would feel too stressful.

HUGS,

JC xxxx

Major Life Events: 

Picked out several horses hooves and cleaned two bridles and a saddle this morning........just like riding a bike, you never forget things learnt during childhood.

My GP has asked me to call her next week regarding my bloodwork request, as there is no "standard" set of bloodwork apparently.

Going to have to ask the Naturopath on Thursday as to what I should be requesting.

Anti-Candida diet going well, and my weight is just starting to drop (I think). It's taken 2-3 weeks for my body to register changes. It's been through a lot so just got to be patient. Thank god for Brazil nuts and almonds as a go to snack.

Major Life Events: 

OH halleluja!

The itching all over my body has subsided :0)

Could it be that the lack of sugar is starving the Candida??

I feel like Ripley going after the Alien, lol!

Major Life Events: 

OH halleluja!

Hi JC:

Finally some great news!

I'm so happy for you. :)

Now make my nausea go away and we could have a cyber party lol

Take care,

Frogie xx

That is great news JC! You will get some rest and peace at last!

Love and hugs

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

OH halleluja!

Hi JC:

Finally some great news!

I'm so happy for you. :)

Now make my nausea go away and we could have a cyber party lol

Take care,

Frogie xx

That is great news JC! You will get some rest and peace at last!Love and hugsFlowers xxx

Thanks Ladies,

I'm taking it day by day (as with all WD stuff). This time it's sugar WD, LOL!!

Thinking of you both......Frogie, I WISH I had an answer for your nausea, but I don't. Could you try the alternative medicine route? Yes, I know it's difficult for you to get to places because of where you live .....

Flowers, Andy (Apace14) is a really great mentor for you......

HUGS both,

JC xxxxx

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

And there IS such a thing as sugar withdrawal.  In my younger days I went on the Pritikin diet and I experienced sugar withdrawal.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

About to start a 2 week food diary for Naturopath.

Appt went well, very comprehensive.....highly recommend.

After this I will be doing a 6 week cleanse to restore my gut health.

Major Life Events: 

Yay! How fantastic!

Hopefully all this will make you feel so much better.

Will be following your progress.

Love Flowers xxx

JC:

That's great. :)

Keep me informed on how you are doing.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yay! How fantastic!Hopefully all this will make you feel so much better.Will be following your progress.Love Flowers xxx

JC:

That's great. :)

Keep me informed on how you are doing.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thank you both for your positivity.......:0)

This is all about repairing my leaky gut/immune system; and I will keep you guys posted on how it all goes.

As always, thank you for all your support.

Thinking of you.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Well folks, that's 5ibs of weight loss so far! It took 3 weeks before any significant drop in weight occurred.

Working with horses is really helping speed up the weight loss as it requires a LOT of energy and effort....

Major Life Events: 

On my own for the next 7 days <<<<SIGH>>>>>

Hubby has gone on a guys vacation.

Just got to keep busy....have made a "To Do" list, as well as my 10hr work week at the stables.

Probably now is the time to practice meditation.

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

You'll be so busy the time will go by fast.

Oh, by the way, I found your 5 pounds lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx