Junglechicken

Junglechicken

1,278 posts in this topic

Hi JC. 

I guess we have the 30 plus Celsius here now.  S'okay.  I may have to go swimming in one of the velly cold reservoirs soon.  It's also a great time to practice the "siesta" way of slowing on down mid to late afternoon for a bit.  Which ironically just occurred to me.

Not a ton of humidity here.....which I like.  So.......just an adjustment.

Oh no.....on the coconut water.......I couldn't tolerate that either.......no runs but just queasy stomach after using it.  I generally just use my various teas, can do iced now.......and Brita filtered water.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and grow baby grow(said to myself a bit)

manymoretodays

Sunblock, my friends, sunblock! I shiver - or should I say "shake" - to imagine how a sunburn would effect our moods during recovery. Yeah, I know sunblock are chemicals, and using it did give me pause, but I have used it twice now over the past 2 weeks with zero reaction. If you are worried about using it, do what you do with fabric products - just test a little bit on one very small area of your body and see if after a day or so you have any reaction.

SJ

SJ,

Whether i I like it or not, my skin has been reacting to sunscreen.  It's still in bad shape, but I'm using pure aloe Vera instead of steroid creams to calm it.

I have to say, it never used to react to sunscreen.

JC

We go to 34 yesterday and are forecast for 40 today.  Don't think we'll make it though, which is fine by me.  Fifty miles east of here they are meant to hit 45C today and forecast 48 for later in the week.  Been there, done that, it's no fun.  I need to check the forecast for Death Valley (150 miles east of here).  Just checked at 9:30 am its 97F/36C and this afternoon it is going to 125F/54C.  Not their hottest days but pretty close.  I just might plan a road trip for August when it gets hot there.

Brass, I'm terrible in the heat.....sweat buckets, struggle with temp regulation, and my brain just stops working.  Yesterday, I nearly crashed the car due to too much sun.

Oh, and my guts hate it too.

maybe I'll become an ice cream seller and lie in the freezer, lol!

Saw the news re: high temps in the southern US.  Not being flippant, but you could cook up a meal on a hot rock in those temps!

Trying not to laugh Brass re: the egg cooking, but I guess park visitors all want to 'film' their Facebook videos?

Probably time for the Death Valley park staff to create a 'designated' egg cooking spot, lol.

Yes, I've been staying in the shade and all that jazz, but it still feels like I'm in the Far East, but without the aircon.

Would sleep outside if it wasn't for my Hayfever and the bugs :(

Hey Jungle.  How is the UK in the fall.....temperature wise and all that?  There is an open dialogue training going on there then.......hmmm, I think mid September.  I don't even know though if they would let an Americano attend.  It sounds geared for the UK MH system.  Which is great!  Oh......I am a dreamer all right, but one never knows.

Seems strange to me that people in other countries/continents are always following U.S. stuff........well.....not strange........just is I guess.  Weather and politics and stuff.  Especially now though.......what an embarassment.  It is STILL however the great melting pot of all people......for all people.

I might sleep outside too......go on up the canyon or pitch a tent in the yard.  It's not bad in the SW, where I am.  East Coast got some high, high temps and woah........sauna I imagine.

Have you tried any of the tea bags on the skin sort of stuff.  That works well for sunburns.......maybe for other stuff too.  Ginseng is agreeing with me, as far as teas go.......to drink.........I generally do a blend.

mmt

I'm sorry guys but as an Aussie, it always amuses me when you all go on about the heat!

Stay cool, JC.

45 minutes ago, AliG said:

I'm sorry guys but as an Aussie, it always amuses me when you all go on about the heat!

Stay cool, JC.

LOL, yes Ali, I know, we're wet blankets over here.........we're just not used to the heat, our houses don't have aircon or air circulation, and we just want to wallow in either a mud bath, or an ice hole in Siberia!!!

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Hey Jungle.  How is the UK in the fall.....temperature wise and all that?  There is an open dialogue training going on there then.......hmmm, I think mid September.  I don't even know though if they would let an Americano attend.  It sounds geared for the UK MH system.  Which is great!  Oh......I am a dreamer all right, but one never knows.

Seems strange to me that people in other countries/continents are always following U.S. stuff........well.....not strange........just is I guess.  Weather and politics and stuff.  Especially now though.......what an embarassment.  It is STILL however the great melting pot of all people......for all people.

I might sleep outside too......go on up the canyon or pitch a tent in the yard.  It's not bad in the SW, where I am.  East Coast got some high, high temps and woah........sauna I imagine.

Have you tried any of the tea bags on the skin sort of stuff.  That works well for sunburns.......maybe for other stuff too.  Ginseng is agreeing with me, as far as teas go.......to drink.........I generally do a blend.

mmt

Hey MMT,

I haven't forgotten you, just needed more time to respond to you that's all.

Have been busy "cooking" this afternoon - healthy snacks that is.

Watch this space.......

TC,

JC x

S' okay.  I will watch your space........no immediate reply necessary.  Good to dream of big things and all........for me.  Some travel across the pond would be cool and especially so if it was kind of a working trip.  Busy out and about today.  Might need to run and get some fresh cilantro.......or not.......having a snack now...... but need to do a repeat black bean taco recipe tonight or tomorrow night.

Heat is on......outside........for today.........hopefully cooler tomorrow.  :rolleyes:

You sound real good lately.  Where did your signature go.  Me thinks you are maintaining on the 2.5 of Lexapro, which is amazing!

mmt

Lol.....the Brits and the Aussies........Love you guys!

:)  p.s.  yah we do go on about weather here in the States as well dear AliG.

Hi JC:

Just thought I would stop by and see how you are doing? I hope you're feeling better.

I'm still being lazy from our trip. But this weekend, have to get our rental house ready to rent again. So guess vacation is over lol...

I tapered a small amount, 3rd day, no nausea, so maybe I'll make it this time.

It's been 100 degrees here, so you don't want to do anything except stay in.

Hope you are staying cool. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, manymoretodays said:

Hi JC. 

I guess we have the 30 plus Celsius here now.  S'okay.  I may have to go swimming in one of the velly cold reservoirs soon.  It's also a great time to practice the "siesta" way of slowing on down mid to late afternoon for a bit.  Which ironically just occurred to me.

Not a ton of humidity here.....which I like.  So.......just an adjustment.

Oh no.....on the coconut water.......I couldn't tolerate that either.......no runs but just queasy stomach after using it.  I generally just use my various teas, can do iced now.......and Brita filtered water.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and grow baby grow(said to myself a bit)

manymoretodays

Hi MMT,

Sorry it took so long to reply, funny you should say you're thinking about swimming in one of your local reservoirs........I've seen quite a few people swimming in the river Thames (its 2k away from where we live).

Absolutely when its so hot, we are forced to slow down.....something I struggle to do.

I shouldn't have downed an entire litre of coconut water.....it definitely upset things as its pure electrolyte.  My GI tract, I'm pleased to say has returned to normal, lol :D

Anyway, we are back to reasonable temperatures again (20 degrees C) - whoppee!! So relieved!

Love, peace and healing to you too.

JC

17 hours ago, Frogie said:

Hi JC:

Just thought I would stop by and see how you are doing? I hope you're feeling better.

I'm still being lazy from our trip. But this weekend, have to get our rental house ready to rent again. So guess vacation is over lol...

I tapered a small amount, 3rd day, no nausea, so maybe I'll make it this time.

It's been 100 degrees here, so you don't want to do anything except stay in.

Hope you are staying cool. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

Welcome back! I need to have a read of your thread and catch up on what you've been up to, but the driving bit for these trips is never fun.  I loathe long journeys these days.

Sounds like you've made a big breakthrough in your healing.....continued no nausea! 

Do you mean the house you're living in now has to be rented out again, or a house somewhere else?  Has your Landlord given you guys notice?

We're staying cool now, its a huge relief that heatwave is over....we're just not used to it in this country.

My baseline mood has increased a fair amount now, and I can attribute this to totally "clean" eating and all the supplements I take.  What hasn't improved is my skin, and being in the peri-menopause......my body is all over the place (weight gain when it should be the other way etc., missed periods). 

Last night I had really bad hayfever and had to take an anti-histamine in the middle of the night.  AND I was so itchy everywhere again, it just wasn't funny.

Hey ho! we soldier on....

Take care,

JC xxx

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:15 AM, manymoretodays said:

S' okay.  I will watch your space........no immediate reply necessary.  Good to dream of big things and all........for me.  Some travel across the pond would be cool and especially so if it was kind of a working trip.  Busy out and about today.  Might need to run and get some fresh cilantro.......or not.......having a snack now...... but need to do a repeat black bean taco recipe tonight or tomorrow night.

Heat is on......outside........for today.........hopefully cooler tomorrow.  :rolleyes:

You sound real good lately.  Where did your signature go.  Me thinks you are maintaining on the 2.5 of Lexapro, which is amazing!

mmt

Lol.....the Brits and the Aussies........Love you guys!

Hey MMT,

I finally got around to replying to your lovely messages!

Did you use to travel a fair amount?  Trips overseas are so much fun without the hassle of airport security these days and cramped air travel.

Now last night I cooked Huevos Rancheros........DELICIOUS!!  Guilt free too, as all nutritious veggies and eggies, brown rice and black beans.  Thanks to the healthy eating, I'm actually now MORE adventurous with the cooking.

Was explaining to Frogie that my baseline mood is MUCH better now which is down to a "clean" diet and all the supplements.  3 of them are for the CNS.  Mustn't forget weekly therapy sessions and other treatments when needed, and daily exercise.

Have been applying for jobs too as we need the money.  Also bored of hanging around the house.

Actually, hanging at 2.5mg Lexapro isn't as great as you think.  Have been at that "dose" for well over a year now, and its time to taper now that my mood has finally stabilised.

As for the signature, I was trying to update it with all the supplements I take, and despite meeting the 12 line restriction, it wouldn't allow me to update it.  Grrr!  It'll be back just as soon as I've worked out what to do about it, lol.

Stay cool yourself, and thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

JC xx

No on travel for work really.  Once.....long ago I traveled across the country for my first "career/professional" job.  To the state I reside in now.  And for a professional conference in Texas once.......I think I paid partial for that, employer paid some.

I was wondering on fall weather patterns in the UK really.  It would be an expensive trip to serve dual purposes really.  Learn more on "open dialogue" and get across the pond.  I have always enjoyed travel where I am not restricted to just the usual vacation/tourist spots.  Or travel with some sporting activity involved is always great as well.  Unlikely to occur this fall and I have seen the training also given in Finland.......so I expect I will see it offered somewhere again.  I haven't seen it at all offered here in the States.

I thought it rained a lot in the UK.......in my fledgling knowledge of other countries/continents........:mellow:  Just speaking for myself, I am not all that cultured and knowledgeable really.  Current times also do seem to make want to be sure that I am safe, prepared, and knowledgeable of how other countries judge us here in the U.S.A.  It's not good everywhere anymore.......well, never was as far as safety goes.......I'm just guessing that it is worse now.

Hopefully off to the East Coast after Labor day and one thing at a time you know?

No......I can't imagine 2.5mg. to be great at all......it always gets better however........it has for me.......the resiliency champ that I am. :)

I'm not really officially applying for work......yet.......working on skills and my reliability in other areas........being honest with myself and all.  Sometimes I just have to trust that things will continue well enough, good enough and all that..........

Soooo.......cooler here yesterday but next week kaboom.........hot.........so hoping for some outside, early in the day work outside today.

Love, peace, recovery/healing, growth

manymoretodays