Junglechicken

Have resumed floor exercises including using dumb bells and kettle bell.

Was upset to find out that I had lost muscle and gained fat instead.

Currently taking 12+ supplements, and am almost taking more supplements than eating actual food! It's an exhaustive list, but the end game is to get my nervous system, gut and immune systems back up and running again.

My therapist suggested I re-explore religion again, as a means of reaching forgiveness.

I think she's right in that there is no other way I will reach it if I don't do something involving a religious community. She reckons that if I don't try and reach forgiveness then I will not recover properly and remain depressed for the rest of my life. My Naturopath said something similar.

So either i remain depressed or move forward - my choice.

It just isn't worth my remaining depressed for the next 40+ years (if I live that long).

In addition, this is the year I will get extensive health screening done and have my body "MOT'd".

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

Since seeing my Naturopath last month and getting a positive response i.e. NO Candida overgrowth......as mentioned above, I am going to get tested for SIBO in July (when we'll have some money available).

I am also on a range of supplements to boost my immune system and increase the "good" bacteria in my gut.

Going to continue eating "clean" for the rest of my life.......realise my diet wasn't that great, and when training for marathons, I thought it was a green light for eating just about anything I wanted - this just isn't true, and if anything, MORE attention has to be paid to everything that goes down our gullets.  Elite runners have nutritionists and a host of other people monitoring everything they do.  I need to be my own nutritionist here.

Also, although my BMI, weight and body profile have decreased, I have lost muscle mass and increased body fat :( this means I have to step up floor exercises, as I stopped doing them for a month due to recurrent UTIs/Cystitis.

No sign of my TOTM either :(  this month which isn't great.

A "work in progress".

Sorry about your Dad Jungle.  That's always tough.

I am a little confused and haven't been meticulously following your day to day.........perhaps you can recap for me.  Your homeopath person suggested massive systemic Candida or did your naturopath?........I mean awhile back.......or was that something you intuitively suspected(of course with some rational thinking thrown in)?  And now via lab you are clear of it per naturopath.  So was it the dietary changes that did it(got you back to balance) or was it not present at one time?  I mean what do you think now?

I do a bit of religion but mainly have benefited through continuing to grow spiritually and connect that way.  There are differences, I feel, as well as overlap.

Good that you have made so much progress and benefited from your pros at this point.  I don't think the whole deal is that expensive.......I mean the healing, the withdrawal, etc.  or it doesn't have to be.  Sometimes it is........sometimes it isn't........I mean some have lost wages to deal with or people in their lives who just won't hang in during the process..........not all however do the paid professional route.........I mean I did quite a bit before the final withdrawal........now, very little as far as paid professional support because.........well, it's just not available.........they don't get it or understand or have time to educate themselves.  Anyway.......referring to another statement I think you made above.

Good, good all in all......all your progress.

Best, love, peace, recovery/healing, and continual growth........

What is SIBO?  :)   Take care.

manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi MMT,

Thanks for stopping by :)

SIBO means "Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth", so having ruled out the large intestine for Candida, just for peace of mind I'm going to get tested for SIBO as well.  Main reason for this is that I have had multiple Cystitis episodes and still get thrush.  Its unlikely I have it due to the previous testing coming back OK, still its something I would like to rule out.

I self-diagnosed Candida overgrowth a few months ago due to all over body itchiness (skin rashes, eczema etc., and fungal nail, thrush etc.,).  According to the lab results, my GOOD bacterial count is low but apparently this is common in the population, so I'm working on building that back up.

Also, my immune system had been compromised due to stress so by helping my gut get back to healthier state, I should be able to fight off infection better.

In terms of "expense", I lost my career due to anxiety and depression; and a job (having returned to the UK) I started last year lasted a month and I had to quit because I found it too stressful and couldn't handle any stress at all.  I also got sick again and went down with a heavy cold the moment I started working again. 

When I say getting well is costly, it is....especially as I'm not working.  All my effort is concentrated on getting "well" again.

The supplements I am being prescribed by my Naturopath cost $100's each time, lab testing is VERY expensive and the last test cost what would be equivalent of USD$800.00.  Then there are the naturopath consultations at $100 each, I have to eat "special" foods which are bought from an organic health food shop.  I stopped seeing the homeopath as I didn't think it helped, and it didn't.  Then I have weekly therapy sessions at $100 each.  The SIBO testing costs $400.00, and so it goes on.

I have been tracking the costs of all my tests and treatment and its in the $1000's.  Trips to the P-doc cost USD$600.00...........

Forgiving my family is something I have to do in order to move on as I have been stuck in a depressive state for so long now due to the anger and disappointment I have felt towards them.  This is where religion comes in, as I have not been able to forgive "unaided" so to speak and need help in reaching a state of mind that will make it easier for me to be able to do this.

I used to be a church goer (many years ago) but lost my faith due to, well, my life getting messed up.

Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night so sorry if this is garbled.

Take care,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks JC,

That was clear enough and yes, I know what you mean.......especially regarding the stress response just not being right sometimes.  I still can get easily overwhelmed and then frustrated with myself........and then just have to pace it, do my best, stay busy and productive, take a partial day here and there......and all that.  I ask for help sometimes, which is new......for me........and then accept it in the way it comes........not always the way I used to do things.

And woah.....$600.00 for a pdoc!!!!  It's fairly pricey here as well for that but I don't think it is quite that high.  Certainly the labwork costs(without insurance) is comparable depending........supplements and the foodstuff as well I think may be comparable.  So yah.........expensive road to health.  I was so sick for awhile and before "official" withdrawal off and on that I actually managed to live so cheaply that I would save money during those periods.  So now.....being active and out and about it IS more expensive and I really have to budget and then re-budget.  Pretty sure I would be a mess if I was wealthy though.  And the job situation......I can relate in retrospect........I could no longer do all that I was able to for a time while receiving medical/mental health care.......some due to medication effects(withdrawals, alternating medications, etc.), some due to possibly bad job fits and changing job environments.......and then I was in health care........still am to some degree(without pay).......a helping professional at heart I spose I could say........

Forgiveness.  Yup......me too.  Lately......forgiving myself first seems to help a lot.  And spiritual growth.  A day at a time.  I have done church a couple times recently......it was okay.......and yes, some do find a nice community niche in a church group.  Right now......I like the big one where I am fairly anonymous.......I've had good and bad experiences with church people......just like in society in general.   I am......managing stress fairly well and rebounding back from minor glitches pretty quickly.   Oh so thankful that no real biggies have arrived as far as stressors go and trying to just live simply and live well enough.  Life can be tough.......but it sure does have it's joy too.  Don't be losing sight of that or doing the whole comparison thing.

Thanks for clarifying for me and others.  Be well or well enough, stay in the moments and cherish them.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and continued growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thanks JC,

That was clear enough and yes, I know what you mean.......especially regarding the stress response just not being right sometimes.  I still can get easily overwhelmed and then frustrated with myself........and then just have to pace it, do my best, stay busy and productive, take a partial day here and there......and all that.  I ask for help sometimes, which is new......for me........and then accept it in the way it comes........not always the way I used to do things.

And woah.....$600.00 for a pdoc!!!!  It's fairly pricey here as well for that but I don't think it is quite that high.  Certainly the labwork costs(without insurance) is comparable depending........supplements and the foodstuff as well I think may be comparable.  So yah.........expensive road to health.  I was so sick for awhile and before "official" withdrawal off and on that I actually managed to live so cheaply that I would save money during those periods.  So now.....being active and out and about it IS more expensive and I really have to budget and then re-budget.  Pretty sure I would be a mess if I was wealthy though.  And the job situation......I can relate in retrospect........I could no longer do all that I was able to for a time while receiving medical/mental health care.......some due to medication effects(withdrawals, alternating medications, etc.), some due to possibly bad job fits and changing job environments.......and then I was in health care........still am to some degree(without pay).......a helping professional at heart I spose I could say........

Forgiveness.  Yup......me too.  Lately......forgiving myself first seems to help a lot.  And spiritual growth.  A day at a time.  I have done church a couple times recently......it was okay.......and yes, some do find a nice community niche in a church group.  Right now......I like the big one where I am fairly anonymous.......I've had good and bad experiences with church people......just like in society in general.   I am......managing stress fairly well and rebounding back from minor glitches pretty quickly.   Oh so thankful that no real biggies have arrived as far as stressors go and trying to just live simply and live well enough.  Life can be tough.......but it sure does have it's joy too.  Don't be losing sight of that or doing the whole comparison thing.

Thanks for clarifying for me and others.  Be well or well enough, stay in the moments and cherish them.

Love, peace, healing/recovery, and continued growth,

mmt

No worries MMT, thanks again for taking an interest in my situation....and I'm glad your road to recovery is improving (though never easy), and you're right we have to remember the times when the sun shines for us, even if only for a short time.

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

Parkinsons nurse told my father today that he is in the Advanced stages of the disease (we spoke to my mum this evening).

Major Life Events: 

JC:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

It's very hard to lose a parent. I've lost both of mine and I'm an only child. Fortunately, I wasn't in WD when this happened to me.

If you need to talk I'm here.

Take care, lots of prayers for you and your family.

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

JC:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

It's very hard to lose a parent. I've lost both of mine and I'm an only child. Fortunately, I wasn't in WD when this happened to me.

If you need to talk I'm here.

Take care, lots of prayers for you and your family.

Frogie xx

It's still sinking in Frogie...that I could lose my father at any time now.

Thanks for being there and I appreciate the prayers a lot.

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

JC I'm so sorry that you need to go through this, please remember even if death is emanate it's still a shock. I knew that my hubby didn't have long and I think I mourned him before his death but it was still a shock when he died.

Thank you DM for your kind words,

None of us know when he will die, but I've been mourning the loss of who he was for some time now.

Really, when all is said and done, I forgive him for the screw up he and my mother made of things.

They are both in bad shape, and being outwardly angry towards them doesn't help anyone.

I know you lost your husband very recently. How are you coping?

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC I'm in a wave at the moment. Lots of back pain only on the right side and feeling anxious and I hate this just wish it will pass as I was feeling ok for a while . I don't know how to explain to anyone how I really feel because from the outside I look ok but inside I feel I'm dieting. At least I know it will pass. GOD BLESS and hope you feeling stronger

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, doggiemama said:

Hi JC I'm in a wave at the moment. Lots of back pain only on the right side and feeling anxious and I hate this just wish it will pass as I was feeling ok for a while . I don't know how to explain to anyone how I really feel because from the outside I look ok but inside I feel I'm dieting. At least I know it will pass. GOD BLESS and hope you feeling stronger

Hi dm -

Sorry to hear that you are having back pain. I get it pretty much every day now too. Adrenal fatigue often presents as back pain - and most people in withdrawal have adrenal fatigue.

I use a heating pad on my back on and off during the day (do not over do it!). I actually used an Icy-Hot patch the other day and had some good relief.

And very gentle stretching. Very gentle.

I also drink the adrenal cocktail twice a day, right when I wake up and a couple of hours before bed (mainly because my kitchen is downstairs and I don't want to go down right before going to sleep; I end up snacking on carbs and hating myself).

Mix 1/2-tsp of Cream of Tartar and 1/2-tsp of Sea Salt in 4 oz Orange Juice

(You can also use other 100% juices - it's the vitamin c that is important, though many people say that citrus sources for the adrenal fatigue cocktail are best.)

Yeah, it doesn't taste great. But it's only 4 ounces.

Feel better.

SJ

MODERATOR'S NOTE: IMPORTANT!!  PLEASE CLICK ON BELOW LINK REGARDING THE "ADRENAL COCKTAIL" FOR THOSE WITH HEALTH ISSUES:

Edited by Skeeter
Moderator's note added

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

I'm going to try your recipe and at the moment oranges are in season in my past of the country so they cheap. And I will try a heating pad on my back. When I'm like this my energy is so low that I don't want to do anything extra lol. GOD BLESS

Horrified by the state of my father.

He is literally wasting away, (as is my mother).......he used to be a big guy who loved his food.

Now he is doubly incontinent, unable to swallow properly........am completely devastated.

He no longer leaves the house and is bed bound accept for mealtimes and maybe an hour or two when he tries to talk.

I managed to put my lower back out cleaning my folks house yesterday. The place was covered in a thick layer of dust as well as floor to ceiling cob webs. I don't think my mother had got around to cleaning her bathroom once dice they moved in nearly a decade ago.

Well, now it's all clean.

I forgive them.

Major Life Events: 

Forgiveness is more beneficial to you and the greatest gift you can give yourself. It took me a long to forgive someone and I still recall my hurt many days but I have got over it. Strongs

Thanks for telling me this DM.

My parents have been the hardest people to forgive.......

Having been angry with them for over a decade I reached a cross roads in healing.

They aren't going to be around for much longer, and being angry isn't helping anyone least of all me.

My father is suffering from the indignity of this terrible disease and is powerless to stop it from taking his life away. Despite this is is always good natured and deals with it so well.

My mother has been his full time carer and is doing her best.

I admire them both for that.

Major Life Events: 

God bless DM xxx

Major Life Events: 

Lower back has now seized up after I put it out cleaning my parents place 2 days ago :(  have booked an osteo appointment for Tuesday as its a holiday on Monday.

Feel anxious, stressed, laboured breathing, not sleeping well, crying a lot, eczema and rashes have flared up.  Hair continues to fall out..........

This just about sums up the fact that I'm losing my father to Parkinson's.

Very sad.

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

I know exactly how your back feels. I scrubbed 2 bathrooms and did laundry Tuesday. Then spent the whole day driving yesterday. I've been putting the heating pad on it and lots of stretching.

I'm sorry you are going through all your symptoms. I really feel for you. I hope you feel better soon. :)

I had a little "flutter" in the middle of my chest this morning. My EKG was fine at my physical, so don't know what it was. Something to do WD I'm sure.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your father.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Hi JC:

I know exactly how your back feels. I scrubbed 2 bathrooms and did laundry Tuesday. Then spent the whole day driving yesterday. I've been putting the heating pad on it and lots of stretching.

I'm sorry you are going through all your symptoms. I really feel for you. I hope you feel better soon. :)

I had a little "flutter" in the middle of my chest this morning. My EKG was fine at my physical, so don't know what it was. Something to do WD I'm sure.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thank you Frogie for your kindness.

As the saying goes "The mind is willing, but the flesh is weak".

Don't worry about the flutter Frogie, I sometimes get heart/chest related "flutters", and stress/anxiety can cause those as well as medication.  If your EKG was fine, then you are fine although its hard to believe I know.

All my current symptoms are due to my emotional state/anxiety and stress - we had a distressing 3 days with my parents. 

As for my wretched lower back, I'll get a hot water bottle and shove it there......its really hot in southern UK at the moment (28 degrees C), so hubby and I have the curtains closed and are staying out of the sun.

Yesterday I had the first of my Xanthalasma "frozen", the other one I'll get done in a couple of weeks time, and the third will have to be cut out (its right under my eye).  Next up will be a mammogram and liver panel screening.

HUGS,

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thank you Frogie for your kindness.

As the saying goes "The mind is willing, but the flesh is weak".

Don't worry about the flutter Frogie, I sometimes get heart/chest related "flutters", and stress/anxiety can cause those as well as medication. If your EKG was fine, then you are fine although its hard to believe I know.

All my current symptoms are due to my emotional state/anxiety and stress - we had a distressing 3 days with my parents.

As for my wretched lower back, I'll get a hot water bottle and shove it there......its really hot in southern UK at the moment (28 degrees C), so hubby and I have the curtains closed and are staying out of the sun.

Yesterday I had the first of my Xanthalasma "frozen", the other one I'll get done in a couple of weeks time, and the third will have to be cut out (its right under my eye). Next up will be a mammogram and liver panel screening.

HUGS,

JC xx

JC:

I'm sure it is a very stressing time with your parents right now, which will bring all your symptoms raging.

I've had some spots frozen on my hand. I've never had it done, so I was a little nervous. I asked the dr if it will hurt, he said, "It won't hurt me a bit" (referring to himself). It stung a little but not much. I wish you luck on having the one cut out. My Uncle had ring worm back in the 50's. They treated it with radiation back then. Now he has skin cancer spots that they freeze or cut off. One time, he had one too deep they had to scrape clean to the bone on his head. Now he has no hair there. But he is fine. Sorry I'm rambling.

I had a physical last month, my TSH was high, but can't take the medicine because I'm lactose intolerant. If this Raw Thyroid supplement doesn't work, then my dr has to fight with my insurance to get them to allow 1 of the only 2 thyroid medications that don't contain lactose. Hopefully they will allow the medication.

I have a yearly mammogram. Due in September.

I'm glad the flutter is nothing to worry about. My fiancé is out of town, due home today. I read on google it can be caused by anxiety/stress. I took my blood pressure and it was fine 117/72 and heartbeat was 70. Told my fiancé over the phone. He said if you get any chest pain you have your uncle get you to the hospital. My uncle is visiting for the holiday, so I'm not alone. But I feel fine. My fiancé I think feels helpless because he isn't here right now.

I wish you luck in everything. I hope your results are great. :)

I don't know how hot 28 Celsius is, we are ferinheight. It's going to be 72 degrees here today, with a chance of rain this afternoon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

It's 82 Farenheit, Frogie.

JC, just wanted to check in and tell you how sorry I am about your father.  Lost my dad after a 7 year illness 25 years ago when I was 30.  It's never easy and watching them deteriorate is very difficult.  Time will heal and the best thing you can do is live your life well to honor him.

Things will come together for you as your health clears up.  Just stay the course and keep your strong attitude.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

It's 82 Farenheit, Frogie.

JC, just wanted to check in and tell you how sorry I am about your father.  Lost my dad after a 7 year illness 25 years ago when I was 30.  It's never easy and watching them deteriorate is very difficult.  Time will heal and the best thing you can do is live your life well to honor him.

Things will come together for you as your health clears up.  Just stay the course and keep your strong attitude.

Best,

Andy

Thank you Andy, you are a rock for us all struggling along on SA.

I'm so sorry you had to watch your own father's demise.

A lasting image I will have in my head is of my imaciated parents arm in arm in their underwear.....heading to the washroom. We showed up first thing yesterday morning as we had to leave earlier to get back to the southeast for appointments we both had. As my father is now incontinent, when he has to go, he has to go or he has already gone and it's too late.

My mother is suffering from a lot of stress related symptoms, many of which I am very familiar with.

Feel as though I have taken a few steps back....its snakes and ladders of life this.

Got a nasty big canker sore under my tongue, my hair is still falling out, my skin has erupted once again, still have the phlegm thing (Naturopath thinks it could be diet related), except I have been eating a strict detox diet and it hasn't gone. Have injured my lower back, blah, blah, blah.

The doctor I saw yesterday did a skin cancer check....all clear. I am fair skinned so needed to hear that one.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Crying episodes, shakey, weak, chest tightness, anxious.......didn't sleep well as too hot, mouth and lower back really painful.

Visiting my parents is incredibly upsetting.

Major Life Events: 

Oh JC all I can say is this will get better. You have been so strong and this is just another hurdle . When we feeling like this everything and anything can cause huge anxiety Strongs honey

JC-- watching ones parents fade in this manner is extremely stressful.  I went through similar many years ago.  The anger eventually faded into acceptance of the past, which was all I was hoping for.  I'm truly sorry you're having to go through this.

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi JC

Thinking of you during this difficult time and sending lots of hugs.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Oh JC all I can say is this will get better. You have been so strong and this is just another hurdle . When we feeling like this everything and anything can cause huge anxiety Strongs honey

JC-- watching ones parents fade in this manner is extremely stressful.  I went through similar many years ago.  The anger eventually faded into acceptance of the past, which was all I was hoping for.  I'm truly sorry you're having to go through this.

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Brass

Hi JC

Thinking of you during this difficult time and sending lots of hugs.

Flowers xxx

Thank you, you lovely people.

I cried a river yesterday.....indescribable pain just sitting in my chest and felt as though I was suffocating.

Couldn't stop crying about it all.

Hoping my brother can get his ass over here sooner than August when their planned trip is.

Hubby being an angel.

HUGS all,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Feeling run down, didn't sleep well last night.

Back hurts, tongue hurts, feel like I'm going down with something.

Anxious, stressed, and borderline panic attacks.

My brother is flying over mid-June.

Just don't know how to get through this.

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC

I really feel for you. I hope things ease a bit when your brother arrives and you will have his support.  It seems like your physical symptoms could be down to all the stress you are under.

You are fortunate to have such a wonderful supportive husband who will get you through this. 

I was thinking about you today - I have a really swollen eye and face due to an allergy. It is driving me nuts it is so itchy, hot and inflamed. I think you are amazing to cope with your skin flare ups which you have on a much greater scale than I.  I have only had this a few days and I have had enough. Am wearing sunglasses all the time so I don't scare anyone!lol!

Keep your chin up JC.

Love and hugs

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hi Flowers,

No new symptom(s) are easy to cope with, are you normally allergic to anything at this time of year? I'm really sorry you are having to put up with the itchy red skin. Hopefully yours will be fleeting....if you're not an "allergic" person who suffers from eczema etc., then you should be ok and it won't linger.

I'm just like you in that I wear sunglasses whenever I leave the house even when it's overcast.....I look horrendous most of the time.

Am struggling to be brave I really am. My brother was shocked when he got my email suggesting he come to the UK to see his father. I don't think he believed me when I told him how ill our father is.

Hey ho, my immune system is reminding me how much it hates stress.

HUGS,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC:

I hope your brothers visit will help with your mom and dad.

Just take a deep breath and know he is finally there for the right reason. Not to make waves with you.

I hope you are doing as well as you can through this. Know I'm praying and thinking about you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Flowers,

No new symptom(s) are easy to cope with, are you normally allergic to anything at this time of year? I'm really sorry you are having to put up with the itchy red skin. Hopefully yours will be fleeting....if you're not an "allergic" person who suffers from eczema etc., then you should be ok and it won't linger.

I'm just like you in that I wear sunglasses whenever I leave the house even when it's overcast.....I look horrendous most of the time.

Am struggling to be brave I really am. My brother was shocked when he got my email suggesting he come to the UK to see his father. I don't think he believed me when I told him how ill our father is.

Hey ho, my immune system is reminding me how much it hates stress.

HUGS,

JC xxx

Hi JC - how has today been? Hope things have been a little easier for you. 

I expect your brother will get a shock when he sees your father so it's better that he is prepared for that with your email.

My eye swelling is going down at last but it is still itchy. I am trying to resist scratching it but it is so hard as you well know. I think it was something I touched in the garden that set this off. I am not usually allergic to anything but do have skin sensitivities to bath products and mosquito bites. 

Just wanted to stop by and wish you well and let you know I am thinking of you.

Flowers xxx

Could someone very kindly describe to me their food allergy symptoms (with the exception of anaphylaxis).

The canker sore is on its way out, but I've been experiencing a load of symptoms in my throat, mouth and gums and would like to rule out something else.

Thanks guys!

Major Life Events: 

Been feeling "off" the last 2-3 days possibly because my sleep has been erratic. Have resumed meditation:

Nauseous

Weak

Shakey

Trembling hands

Internal tremors

Mid-cycle spotting

Anxious

Dizziness.

Vision feels off.

Hope I'll get through this :0(

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC

Can't help with your previous post re throat, mouth and gums as haven't had problems with anything like that yet.

The way you are feeling the past  couple of days  is just how I  feel most days with varying degrees of severity and not all at once. I know it is all WD related but I think anxiety levels play a big part in this too. 

I have things going on that are causing me stress and I know you are going through an awful time. I think anything you can find to relax you will help - meditation may help or whatever else works for you.

Are you able to take a walk. Sometimes it is so hard but it always works for me. 

Love and hugs

Flowers xxx