PatriciaVP

PatriciaVP: #TweetingMyRecovery 140 Characters is all I got

339 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, PatriciaVP said:

Very tired today, but at least I can rest. No adrenaline rushes or heart palpitations as I start to relax. Still with the crazy incontinence same time each morning.

glad you can rest without adrenaline rushes and such.

yeh the incontinence is a weird symptom. thank goodness for what I call "old lady pee pads" although you are far from an old lady

it will get better.

Turns out I spoke too soon. This afternoon as I was dozing adrenaline rushes continued to plague me. I couldn't tell if it was happening just as I was falling to sleep or as I was waking up.

Either way, it looks like it will be quite some time before I resume my taper. I know that the rushes are definitely withdrawal and not side effects.

damn.

sorry!
(((hugs)))

10 hours ago, PatriciaVP said:

Turns out I spoke too soon. This afternoon as I was dozing adrenaline rushes continued to plague me. I couldn't tell if it was happening just as I was falling to sleep or as I was waking up.

Either way, it looks like it will be quite some time before I resume my taper. I know that the rushes are definitely withdrawal and not side effects.

Hi PatriciaVP

I am struggling with similar symptoms too so can sympathise. The bladder problems I get some mornings but never again during the day. Has got to be related to WD hasn't it?

Today I am feeling dopey but these feelings of agitation won't let me rest and if I do manage to nod off I awake with a start!

Holding and waiting is all we can do.

Flowers xxx

Today I decided to stay home and rest. Yesterday I was quite busy (Even after having a meltdown in the morning because I couldn't figure out why something wasn't working). Tomorrow, I plan to spend the day out with my family. To avoid overdoing it, I figured I'd do as little as possible today.

Problem is, every time I start to relax, I have a panic attack. Not the adrenaline surges and shock sensations I was experiencing a few days ago. This is distinctly different. It's so interesting the way these symptoms morph and change. I an taking this as a sign of healing and trying to remain hopeful.

I feel awful today. Anxiety and akathesia are ruling me. I'm still on my period and feel very sick to my stomach. I have to go see my med provider in an hour, and pretend to be OK so he doesn't try to foist more poisons on me. Woke up this morning just wanting this all to end so badly.

I was sick all weekend. Even threw up Sat morning. I think it was just really intense cramps mixed with a green smoothie = bad idea.

Was actually OK on Thurs. Woke with only mild anxiety and spent the whole day out with family. Went on the Mt Washington cruise. Things went downhill quickly after that.

Just want a break. Not sure how many more days like this I can take.

1 hour ago, PatriciaVP said:

Just want a break. Not sure how many more days like this I can take.

Hang in there, PvP!

You're in a wave. But hang on to the good memory of that glimpse through the window you had on Thursday.

I have learned through my research that one of our biggest foes is our own limbic system - where memories are processed and our body reacts to cortisol and adrenaline. The only way to heal the limbic system is to rewire it by bringing up good memories and doing things to form new good experiences. This article might help you. It definitely helped me!

https://www.thebestbrainpossible.com/how-to-help-depression-by-healing-your-limbic-system/

SJ

Thanks SJ. It only makes sense. Power of positive thinking and all. I do try to practice much of what was in the article. Some days are easier than others.

Woke up this morning with knots in my stomach, feeling agitated and anxious. What gets me is that I used to feel this way often when I was on all the drugs. Strange thing was that the Adderall would often quell the sensation. So that brings me back to the question of how much of this is side effects.

What I'm feeling right now is manageable so I think I might try a tiny drop (.25 mg)

Much better this morning. Very little anxiety. Felt pretty good at the gym. Was very tired after. Slept through lunch. Ended up sleeping all afternoon, but was very groggy and a little depressed upon waking. Thankful that the anxiety and agitation have subsided for now.

After talking to my husband, I've decided to hold off on tapering. The next few weekends are quite busy, and it wouldn't hurt to let things settle out a bit more.

13 hours ago, PatriciaVP said:

Much better this morning. Very little anxiety. Felt pretty good at the gym. Was very tired after. Slept through lunch. Ended up sleeping all afternoon, but was very groggy and a little depressed upon waking. Thankful that the anxiety and agitation have subsided for now.

After talking to my husband, I've decided to hold off on tapering. The next few weekends are quite busy, and it wouldn't hurt to let things settle out a bit more.

Glad the anxiety and agitation are gone- hopefully for a long time!

happy that you got some sleep too.

I think your plan is a good one, to hold a bit for things to settle more, esp with busy times ahead.

keeping you in my thoughts, you are an incredible strong woman, who could really use a break!!

Woke this morning with far less anxiety than usual. Almost none really, and my stomach felt fine. Was able to organize my brain well enough to make a quiche in spite of spending most of the day out yesterday and getting back late last night. Have not experienced any incontinence this morning which hasn't happened in a long time.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a window that will allow me to taper in a few weeks.

PatriciaVP:

I'm so happy that you are feeling better.

I hope it lasts a long time for you. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks, Frogie.

Felt decent again this morning. Little to no anxiety. Stomach fine. No incontinence. Had eggs for breakfast because on Friday I had gotten nauseous at the gym during a fairly intense training and thought the extra protein might help me avoid that. Instead of nauseous, I was really dizzy this whole time.

27 minutes ago, PatriciaVP said:

Thanks, Frogie.

Felt decent again this morning. Little to no anxiety. Stomach fine. No incontinence. Had eggs for breakfast because on Friday I had gotten nauseous at the gym during a fairly intense training and thought the extra protein might help me avoid that. Instead of nauseous, I was really dizzy this whole time.

Sorry you got nauseous at the gym. And dizzy today.

I'm nauseous this morning, but mine is nerves. I always do when I go to the dentist.

Hope we both get over it soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx