☼ DaddyCee: It's me

DaddyCee

Hi DaddyCee, 

thank you for your kind words! I so needed to hear it from someone who went/is going through this. My friends and family are very loving and understanding - but some things, they just CAN´T possibly get (lucky them;)) 
The night was horrible but luckily the day has been OK so far. I am off Escitalopram for altogether 8 months. The WD symptoms only started about 6 months ago. I don´t know from where to count. 
On the really hard days it just seems so hard to remember that this is WD and not something else. Did you ever sometimes lose hope, strength and positivity? 

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

and what where your symptoms in your rough days? 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

The symptoms, I felt low, loss of appetite, nauseous and light headed. I think I can contribute quite a lot to not drinking enough as my fluid intake, which I monitor on my Fitbit was considerably lower than the week previous.

Did I ever feel hopeless. I think yes I did at times but I always know that I am healing it is some kind of internal signal that says to me "you are healing".

8 months off and your WD started 2 months after your last pill.  That's good going in my eyes. If I remember correctly the first 6 months were hard and then it got better but I didn't really notice a good improvement until around month 9 / 10.  I got hit by WD after about 1 month from my last pill and it was sped on by unrealistic deadlines in my job which I had to contend with.

I do feel more alive now than when I was on the med. My wife often comments how she thought of me as being in a zombified state, even though I never saw / thought that when I was on them.

Do take care of yourself.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

2001 - 2013 Escitalopram 10mg

Gradual taper from 10mg to 5mg over 2.5 years (between 2011 - 2013)

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

Have been drug free since Oct 2013.  - Yep 5 years drugs free

That is interesting. You read that about many people. That they were "zombified" while being on the drug. I never had that. I did feel as "better" so to say.. in terms of: when I started, I was diagnosed with a burnout- so I did experience anxiety due to stress, sleeping troubles, loss of appetite, emotional

breakdowns.. when I started the medication nothing major changed for a view months (though even then I felt tons better than now in WD). then I got better but I also started intense therapy and I think that I got better because of that. I would experience "waves and windows" all the time- as well on medication. Maybe that was tolerance, I don't know.

Die the meds work for you?

it is really great that you feel this being sure that you're healing. I usually am but I have to admit that I find myself in doubt on the really bad days.

It's hard to accept that you deal with something that is not measurable.. or proofable.

anyway! My day got better at least in today:)

Do you know any other people in real life around you who have been dealing with ADs/WD?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DaddyCee, 

I just wanted to thank you for your book tipp. Yesterday I finished reading Paul David´s "At Last A Life" and it really brought some good new perspectives for me. 
It is generally what I try doing anyway, but it brings across some good points and gives a hopeful push again:) 

Hope you are doing well!

Best, 
Pepita

That's really good to hear Pepita.

His follow up book reinforces some of the steps from the first so if you get chance to read that one as well it will also help.

Wishing you continued recovery.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Last taper from 5mg to 0 under advice from doctor done in 1 month (too damn fast!) - included missing out days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi D.C.!

I was browsing your thread and thought I'd address your questions regarding family and pressures at work and home life.

I had suffered a few years of panic disorder and resultant general anxiety prior to taking antidepressants and withdrawing.  One of the first things I'd noticed after my initial attacks and diagnosis is that even a slight bit of hunger would send me into sort of a fog and I would get weak/fatigued and shaky.  It scared the hell out of me because my paternal grandmother suffered from type 1 diabetes from a young age until her death in the 80's, and my brother was diagnosed with type 1 in the 90's (he was 14) after a long, horrible flu-like episode.  I feared the same was happening to me, but my blood/glucose levels were always stellar in testing.

Even if your anxiety has been brought on by antidepressant withdrawal, it tends to send your brain and body into an inward hypervigilance.  I don't have a deep understanding into how the brain and body work together through neurotransmission and signaling in regards to hunger and blood sugar, but I can tell you that it is just that: signaling of a chemical nature.  Anxiety has a way of fooling your body into thinking small changes that you have never noticed before are dangerous events, and tries to "prepare" the body by mimicking what it would do in the event you were in true danger- adjusting chemistry, mostly stress hormones such as epinephrine and cortisol, to amp you up in the event you need to escape harm. 

I still suffer the hunger problem, but since it was one of the many details of constant anxiety that I could control and talk myself out of, It has gotten better.  If your anxiety is a direct result of withdrawal, then I can promise you that it will subside with the anxiety as your symptoms level out and your body and brain regain equilibrium.  If you work closely with a doctor, get your blood tested to be sure, if only to bring comfort to the worry- but I can assure that what you mentioned has been a very normal part of my anxiety disorder.

Now, for the work/family situation: prior to taking antidepressants, I maintained working for over two years after my panic attacks started.  It was initially keeping me home, but after learning more about it I was able to continue working comfortably, even with almost daily panic attacks and heightened anxiety levels.  A few months ago, I had started a new job and the pressure from a new environment and unfamiliar work type and responsibilities sent me into somewhat of a nervous breakdown.  I haven't worked since.  You don't sound like your anxiety is nearly this destructive, but I can relate to you that anxiety in general can make the normal pressures of life so overwhelming that you can't even begin to concentrate.  Anxiety serves only one function: to keep you alive in the face of danger by allowing you to fight or run from a threat.  In a brain that is functioning normally, this only happens in rare instances that only lasts moments.  In an anxious brain, it can happen for the smallest stresses and maintain much longer than it is supposed to.  The unfortunate fact is that when your body enters this "escape" mode, it doesn't leave much room for cognition or reasoning- which throws concentration and decision making out the window.  In cases like yours and mine, a person has nothing to escape from, so the anxiety stays without a real reason.  Furthermore, when it happens in places like work, where there really is no escape and there are decisions that have to be made and details that require attention, it can be a cyclical torture- you need to get things done, but you can't concentrate on them, but they need to get done and that worries you, but your worry causes a stronger anxiety reaction and you can't concentrate.  I know how awful it can be, even if it isn't necessarily hurting you.

Family/social life can be similar.  My friends have always known what I go through and are supportive and understanding.  Beyond knowing that, I still have issues being around many of them for many reasons- some friends never have a plan, and fly by the seat of their pants, and the uncertainty comes off as an anticipatory stressor, driving me to panic.  Some friends love to go out and do things that cost money, and that can be a stress we can all identify with.  Some friends like to hang in large groups or noisy places- and the same could apply to family.  Some families have expectations beyond their understanding of a situation.  Some can have many needs present at a time, such as cooking, cleaning, feeding, paying bills, or just being a group of people that is constantly moving at the beat of many different drums.  I know I sometimes can't be around certain family members because the way they interact makes me impatient, or makes me feel a sense of expectation- and that sends me into an anxious flurry and I need to go somewhere quiet to be alone just to calm myself. 

If this continues or seems to get worse, I urge you to seek help from a psychologist  (not a therapist/social worker).  Psychologists, rather than just listen to you talk about your problem, are usually the ones who try to identify the root of your stress reactions and mental patterns.  Rather than just allowing you to release emotions, they try to work with your reactions and behaviors to help you respond better to problems, and many of the techniques, such as biofeedback, are hailed as highly effective.  I'm currently working with a psychologist that I like very much.  I'm only just past the consultation and test phase, but he has outlines possible routes of therapy that I have researched myself, and I'm hopeful they'll put a dent in my anxiety so I can squeeze more purpose and enjoyment out of life.

In the meantime, if you have not found it already, I wish you relief from your symptoms and guidance to help you along.  It's difficult to find, but if you can find medical professionals that actually give you an honest listen and a clear path, it can make a huge difference.

Much luck and peace- Kevro

Initial Diagnosis of Panic Disorder and resulting general anxiety in August 2013, resultant of an initial panic attack induced after a glass of wine and a small dose of cocaine.

Buspirone 10mg: September 2013 - October 2013

Sertraline 50mg: December 2015 - December 2015 (Stopped after 4 days!)

Escitalopram 10mg: December 2015 - March 2016

Prozac 10mg: March 2016 - April 2016, stopped C/T at psychiatrist's advice.

Medicine free ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your message Kevro. I will take it onboard.  I am not struggling so much with work stress / anxiety now so do feel that it was a residual withdrawal symptom that appears to be slowly working its way out of my system. Yay!!

So I am now 32 months free from all meds and I am starting to see very good days and even great days and long may it continue.

There is some good information on this new site https://baylissa.com which is the new Bloom In Wellness site.

I continue to wish you all success on your journeys and please know that you will make through, just keep going and never give up.

Namaste,

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

• 2 months later...

Hi All.

I hope you are all doing well on your recovery journey's.  I have found this great little video about a News Reporter who had a panic attack on air and then sought a way to manage his "in the head voice" which was one of the main causes for his distress oh along with recreational drug use to try to contain the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sXBEfIXUno

It seems to be fairly old but the promotion of meditation is one that is quite novel and unique.

Enjoy and Namaste.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

Just checking in as I am now 35 months free from all meds!!!

I just had a fantastic weekend away where I did have a slight bit of anxiety (it seems to creep up on me when settling down for a meal at restaurants). You know the feeling, electric buzz in the stomach and then the feeling of wanting to escape and then the feeling of "this is happening again, make it stop!!" and then the thoughts of "will this ever go away, or am I stuck like this forever!!"

Any way it does go away and I seriously believe that it does get a lot better in time.  I just need to reassure myself and go through my CBT training and not stress or concentrate on what happens at that precise point.

I hope you are all a little bit further down your road of recovery.

I'm looking forward (with anticipation) to a week in Portugal very soon and then at the end of September it will be 3 years free of meds.

Peace to you all and keep going at what you are doing, changes are happening.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey DaddyCee -- thanks for posting a positive and hopeful update.  I'm glad that you've discovered ways to ride the wave of anxiety, that's not easy to do. Congratulations!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks SC.

Today will be month 36.... yippee!!! 3 years :)

So Portugal was fantastic.... I had one blippy day which I am putting down to an high intake of Sprite and also some very sweet desserts.  Before I went to Portugal my fantastic therapist gave me an EFT session where we worked through the concerns that I had as well as recounting the first episode in Italy.  She was brilliant, gentle and very attentive.  I used some of the techniques during the flight over and I must admit it was one of the best flights I have ever had.

I keep a log of my daily moods via an app "Pacifica". I have been looking back over the past 12 months and can definitely see a positive improvement. My days were kind of OK'ish for the majority this time last year and now I am frequently hitting Very Good and even Great days.  So I have to say to anyone who is currently suffering that things do improve, give it time and you to will come through the bad and see more good times a head.

It's a long and arduous journey for some, but not necessarily for all as we are all different and all heal in our own time. I strongly believe this.

Peace, love and healing to all.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update. Very happy to hear you are doing so well.

You need the sun!

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Well done DC, hope to be were you are someday. Wishing you continued healing.

I am off all meds 16 months I had been on olanzapine, Effexor zanex and assorted sleeping meds for approx 2 years.

Weaned off 375 mg effexor over two years, I had previously come off xanax, rivotrill and olazapine. Reinstated 75mg of effexor on the 22/12/16

Thanks Bubble and Dowdaller.  I really appreciate your time reading my post.

DC

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

This question is for all the gym buddies out there.

I am interested in trying to increase my strength by adding Creatine Monohydrate to my workouts but the instructions says to load by doing 1tsp 4 times a day for the first week which I am not sure whether my CNS is going to be ready for this or even if my CNS will be affected.  So do any of you currently use Creatine and have you noticed any adverse effects or benefits in that matter please?

This is the one I have : http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/usn/creatine-monohydrate.html?mcid=GGL_UK_Products-Products_USN_Creatine_Monohydrate&bbkwid=28488138032&gclid=CKjO1KK20s8CFUsq0wodIZAL_w

I'm still very much scared to take any supplements though I have regularly taken Protein mixes without cause for concern so I'm sure this is just as safe, but I want to make sure before committing.

Cheers all and hope you are having a fabulous healing day today :)

Peace.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Hi All.

This question is for all the gym buddies out there.

I am interested in trying to increase my strength by adding Creatine Monohydrate to my workouts but the instructions says to load by doing 1tsp 4 times a day for the first week which I am not sure whether my CNS is going to be ready for this or even if my CNS will be affected.  So do any of you currently use Creatine and have you noticed any adverse effects or benefits in that matter please?

This is the one I have : http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/usn/creatine-monohydrate.html?mcid=GGL_UK_Products-Products_USN_Creatine_Monohydrate&bbkwid=28488138032&gclid=CKjO1KK20s8CFUsq0wodIZAL_w

I'm still very much scared to take any supplements though I have regularly taken Protein mixes without cause for concern so I'm sure this is just as safe, but I want to make sure before committing.

Cheers all and hope you are having a fabulous healing day today :)

Peace.

I have used creatine in the past before I went on meds, I found it was very hard on my kidneys and made me want to piss all the time, if I was you I would try soya protein, first in small amouts post workout. See how you get on there is also hemp protein which I have used in the past. Let me know how you got on. And well done on your recovery.

I am off all meds 16 months I had been on olanzapine, Effexor zanex and assorted sleeping meds for approx 2 years.

Weaned off 375 mg effexor over two years, I had previously come off xanax, rivotrill and olazapine. Reinstated 75mg of effexor on the 22/12/16

Thanks dowdaller, I will take that on board.

Did you load on Creatine or take on an after workout basis only?

The say you have to keep your fluid intake up when you are on Creatine so that is probably why you were urinating more than usual.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

After training took it for a month or so, its good for building bulk fast, if thats what your after , high weights small sets small reps, you will be like arnie in no time, I was taking it for recovery, I was playing football at the time, and it was the supplement that was in vogue.

• Administrator

Very happy to hear you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

After training took it for a month or so, its good for building bulk fast, if thats what your after , high weights small sets small reps, you will be like arnie in no time, I was taking it for recovery, I was playing football at the time, and it was the supplement that was in vogue.

thank dowdaller, I will still need to watch what I eat though. lol.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Very happy to hear you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Hey thanks Alto.  I've been waiting for this for a long time!!!  Of course I plan to continue updating my thread with progress. This community has been incredibly helpful and continues to be so.

Peace.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

• Administrator

:D

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm 8 months off and can only sleep 4 to 5 hours per night.  I noticed you have been off meds for 36 months. How many months were you med free before you were able to sleep 6 hours a night?

• 1992-Feb. 2016- Took almost every antidepressant on the market. Cold turkeyed most of the medications I took.

Stopped taking Paxil February 8 2016. I tapered the dose from 50 mg to 0 over the course of about 10 weeks

On no medications as of Feb. 8, 2016

As of 10/23/16-Still unable to sleep more than 4 to 5 hours a night, sometimes less

Hi NoMoreADs.

I have responded directly to you.  Sleep will return to a form of normality over time, but it was difficult for the first 12 - 15 months for me.

Namaste,

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

DC.  Congratulations on your " here comes the sun " symbol .  :)   I can almost feel the excitement from your last update. I'm so happy for you. You're a little ahead of me on the timeline but I'm feeling the buzz of recovery as well . I'm 29 months out.

Keep us updated if you can and also write your success story when you feel that it's the right time. I know it's hard to know when the right time is and possibly you're understandably waiting for even more improvement, but please don't forget. It's so important to our community to give hope in this healing and recovery process.

Best wishes,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Many congrats DC on your sun  :)

Hugs,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 1 month later...

Hi all fellow journey makers.

Just a brief update to say I am doing well. I enjoyed a few days in Krakow recently and had only one slight issue which related to a delayed breakfast timing, which I know plays havoc with my blood sugar levels. Other than that, the flight over and back was excellent, the eating out and socialising held no problems for me whatsoever. I also attended my company Christmas party yesterday and again another social event that would usually cause me problems, but (even though the build up made me feel anxious), I enjoyed myself immensely and had a great time. I've just ticked off another month of being med free and feel in a very positive place.

I had a couple of sessions of Metamorphic Therapy and I think that is helping me to reassess my life and what I want to get out of it.

Peace to you all.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Hi all fellow journey makers.

Just a brief update to say I am doing well. I enjoyed a few days in Krakow recently and had only one slight issue which related to a delayed breakfast timing, which I know plays havoc with my blood sugar levels. Other than that, the flight over and back was excellent, the eating out and socialising held no problems for me whatsoever. I also attended my company Christmas party yesterday and again another social event that would usually cause me problems, but (even though the build up made me feel anxious), I enjoyed myself immensely and had a great time. I've just ticked off another month of being med free and feel in a very positive place.

I had a couple of sessions of Metamorphic Therapy and I think that is helping me to reassess my life and what I want to get out of it.

Peace to you all.

DC.

That's great news DC!

Congrats on all your med free accomplishments.......and I hear you re: the blood sugar issues.

Looking forward to catching up with you on the 10th.

Take care,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Thanks JC.

Yes, really looking forward to this Saturday. It will be great to meet a new member of the club as well.

Have a great week.

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Yes DC, it's very exciting having a new member of our club. Very much hoping they will make it.

Have a good week too!

JC

Major Life Events: 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All and Happy New Year, may it bring good steps in your journey.

A quick update.... so I am now 39 months off from Escitalopram, and I can honestly say that the improvements in the last 12 months have been outstanding. I feel that (not wishing to jinx things) my journey is coming to an end. I still have residual problems from time to time, but I am not consumed by them anymore and appear to be better able to cope.  Christmas has always been a pretty difficult time for me, but I can safely say that this year was the first time in a long while where I felt completely at ease with it and as normal as I have felt since stopping the meds.

I hope that you all can find some peace in the turmoil that WD causes. Do remember that "it will pass" and there are brighter and more positive times ahead.

Namaste,

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Hi DaddyCee, 

thank you for bringing these good news:)) I as well can report to get better and better and better...it really DOES get better. I am around 15 months off now - I have always been on a small dose for not such a long time though..so I guess things are improving "quicker" for me (still feels like forever). Anyway, I wish you a happy new year  and to every one else in this forum as well:)) Hope that you are all in good places right  now (or as good as possible, if in a wave)

Best, 
Pepita

Hi Pepita.

That's fantastic news!! and all the best for 2017, it's going to be a phenomenal year I can feel it.

Peace,

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg

Hi All and Happy New Year, may it bring good steps in your journey.

A quick update.... so I am now 39 months off from Escitalopram, and I can honestly say that the improvements in the last 12 months have been outstanding. I feel that (not wishing to jinx things) my journey is coming to an end. I still have residual problems from time to time, but I am not consumed by them anymore and appear to be better able to cope.  Christmas has always been a pretty difficult time for me, but I can safely say that this year was the first time in a long while where I felt completely at ease with it and as normal as I have felt since stopping the meds.

I hope that you all can find some peace in the turmoil that WD causes. Do remember that "it will pass" and there are brighter and more positive times ahead.

Namaste,

DC.

Hi DC,

Happy New Year to you too!

That is great news, and testimony to your will to want to recover, and gives me and others hope in getting off the Escitalopram poison without adverse re-procussions.

Looking forward to the 14th and also reading your success story :)

JC

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC,

Thanks for the kind words. I am also looking forward to the 14th, it will be great to catch-up.

Take Care,

DC.

1997 - 2001 Seroxat 10mg