Ashley: withdrawal not stopping after reinstating Paxil

Ashley

Hello everybody,

This is my first post here. I'm feeling terrible right now and could really use some help.

Long story short, I reduced my Paxil way too fast. I was taking Paxil 20mg and was reducing it once a week by 2.5 mg. I was coping okay until I reduced from 10 to 7.5 at which point withdrawal started about 5 days to a week later and severe withdrawal began about two weeks at 7.5mg.

After two weeks of 7.5mg and the onset of severe withdrawal I upped my dose to 10mg. Felt a bit better, but the withdrawal did not disappear. One week later upped to 15. Still not feeling better, but my symptoms did improve a bit for a time. I stayed on this dose for another just short of 3 weeks. This brings us to two days ago when I started feeling the withdrawal symptoms worst yet again and decided to go back up to 20mg. Today is my third dose of 20mg and I feel terrible today with withdrawal symptoms.

Please help. I thought that the withdrawal symptoms would disappear quickly after upping my dose of the drug. Is it unusual that it is taking me so long to stabilize again? It's been almost a month since I upped my dose, why am I not getting better?

My withdrawal symptoms are:

-extreme fatigue and lethargy

-chills

-very minor nausea and headache that comes and goes

-anxiety

Any help would be appreciated so very, very much.

-Prescribed 20mg Paxil for anxiety in spring of 2014

-In 2015, began to taper off over a period of many months. Successfully reduced dose down to 10mg.

-Reduced dose from 10mg to 7.5mg and then 5 mg within two week period in August of 2015. Experienced severe withdrawal.

-Reinstated dose of 20mg August 2015.

-Began tapering again in September/October 2015. Reduced dose quickly by 2.5mg every week. Crashed with withdrawal after hitting 7.5mg.

-Reinstated 10mg one week later, then 15mg one week later, then 20mg two weeks later.

I forgot to mention that I also experience:

-severe brain fog

-dizziness

-In 2015, began to taper off over a period of many months. Successfully reduced dose down to 10mg.

-Reduced dose from 10mg to 7.5mg and then 5 mg within two week period in August of 2015. Experienced severe withdrawal.

-Began tapering again in September/October 2015. Reduced dose quickly by 2.5mg every week. Crashed with withdrawal after hitting 7.5mg.

-Reinstated 10mg one week later, then 15mg one week later, then 20mg two weeks later.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ashley

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you aren't feeling great. Reinstatement is a bit of a lottery, the outcomes can vary. Unfortunately, sometimes the original fast taper means and subsequent withdrawal means that your system becomes very sensitive to drugs and reacts negatively to reinstatement. That's why we recommend reinstating a small dose, waiting a week or two to see if you stabalise on that dose.

At this stage it's hard to disentangle potentially ongoing withdrawal effects from potentially adverse reaction so your reinstatement.

How long have you been taking ADs and have you tried to come off before? It would be helpful if you could fill out your signature so that we can see the bigger picture. Instructions on how to do that are here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

It's more likely that your symptoms are a reaction to the reinstatement. This would mean dropping back down. Are you worse now than when you were on 15?

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I am worst now than on 15mg, yes. Can I just go back on 15 safely? I've been on 20mg for three days now.

I have been on Paxil for 1.5-2 years approximately. I don't remember when I began exactly. I took 20 mg a day for anxiety. I tried to withdraw once before about three months ago and had the worst imaginable experience in doing so. That time I went from 10mg to 7.5 and then to 5 in about a two week period. The withdrawal was so severe I went back on to 20mg of Paxil and slowly recovered. My symptoms now are much the same as they were before.

• Moderator Emeritus

Given it's only been 3 days I would drop tom15 and then hold at that for a while to see if your system calms down. Then you can develop a strategy to come off slowly and well

It's quite common that a failed withdrawal attempt will make the next one more difficult. We recommend tapering 10percent of the last dose. We can work with you in your strategy when the time comes

Your key task now is to be patient, minimise your stress and soothe your system. We find fish oil and magnesium can help over the longer term (they are no magic bullet) and like everything from here on in, start on low doses, test your body's tolerance and build up your dose over time.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I'm pretty scared to drop down to 15 in case it makes withdrawal worst. But I will consider that.

If I choose to stay at 20 and I do happen to be experiencing some sort of adverse reaction to reinstatement, will this likely last a long time?

Thank you so very much for your responses.

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately we don't have a crystal ball. It could very well be that your body will never tolerate 20 again. It's about finding the spot where you are taking enough that your body can stabilise on but not so much that you trip off an adverse reaction. You have been getting worse going up, a common experience here, that's why I suggest 15 mg as your first to at finding the spot.

I know it's scary

Dalsaan

Thank you very, very much Dalsaan.

• Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome.

I have moved your topic to the intro forum. This is your thread to keep coming back to. If you bookmark it you can come back to it and update us on how you are going. You can also click follow this topic up the top on the right. This means you will be alerted when someone posts in your topic

Take care

Dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Ashley and welcome to s/a,

Dalsaan had really good advice for you; I just wanted to add this link about non-drug techniques for coping with withdrawal symptoms

There are some very soothing ideas in there which can help you manage this whole process a lot better.  It's been my favourite page on s/a.  I know it can be real scary when you are starting to work all this out, but you will be okay.  The mods here are really experienced and helpful.  Just take your time getting your head around things and come back to this thread with all your questions.

In my own experience, adverse reactions don't end until you reduce the dosage.  They were the reason I had to start tapering. 

Sending you hugs,

KarenB

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Hi Ashley,

Very sorry you are suffering like that. Reinstatement didn't work for me it actually made things worse so it definitely not a magic fall back plan. Maybe my reinstatement dose was too high...

It took me a few months to even aknowledge how my world has flipped 180 degrees. I am still in disbelief how bad in how short amount of time i have become.

But you will get better and this will be all over at some point.

10/2012 - Lexapro 10mg

2013/2014 - Started experiencing visual disturbances, like visual processing was slow, feeling drunk all the time

9/2014 - Lexapro 5mg, didn't notice any withdrawal, drunk feeling went away

2015 - Drunk feeling came back

5/2015 - Lexapro 2.5mg - 1.25mg - insomnia started

6/2015 - Lexapro 0.625mg

7/2015 - Severe symptoms started, in desperation on advice of pdoc restarted 5mg Lexapro - total disaster

8/2015 - Lexapro 5mg, disoriented, sleepless zombie

9/2015 - Very reluctantly started transitioning to Zoloft

as of 10/10/2105 - no lexapro, 37.5mg Zoloft

12/14/2015 - 35mg zoloft, 1/16/2016 - 34mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Ashley,

What I think is most important for you at this point is to understand that after we have destabilised our CNS through too fast tapering stabilisation doesn't happen linearly. It happens through windows and waves. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/page-1

By reacting to waves, that is increase of symptoms by changing the dose we just destabilise our system more. 

I think you would have stabilised at 10 mg but it could've taken more weeks of windows and waves. 

It's important to bear in mind that it's not so much a particular dose but keeping a stable dose over time that helps our CNS to heal. Given that you have already come down to 7.5 and that you have altogether been on a much lower dose for quite some time (we can't see your timeframe), 20 mg might be too much for you. I would also opt to stabilise at 15 mg. But if you decide to stay at 20 ok.

You just have to bear in mind that whatever dose you pick it will take time to go back to your baseline. Changing doses will prolong that period and cause more symptoms.

Also, can you please provide information on your overall drug history in your signature with more details on your Paxil taper (when did you start it, etc.)

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Best,

Bubble

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

I reinstated back to my original dose after I crashed with my taper. I tapered by 1mg every 4-6 weeks (mainly every 4) got down to 30mg from 40mg. I crashed after a over a year taper.

I reinstated back to 40mg and it took a good 6 weeks to feel better and I still have waves and I reinstated in July.

I have heard it can take many months for some people to fully stabilize after a crash..

Been on Paxil since 96”-97”, 40mg tried 3 times to get off and didn’t work, started a very slow taper Jan 2016, have only dropped down by 3 mg.. on 37mg currently.. have very delayed withdrawals. Last drop was in July 2017.. still have waves and windows. 

Magnesium 200mg, foilc acid 1 mg, vitamin d3 5000iu, Blood pressure meds-Verapamil & Irbesartan... Smoke cbd flower once in awhile. 

Thank you so very much everybody for your responses.

I thought that what I was experiencing was really unusual but it seems that it's not after all. I really hope I stabilize soon. I've got some fish oil (squid oil, actually) and magnesium. I may try these and see if they help. Thanks again so much for taking the time to share your thoughts/experiences.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ashley!  Welcome to SA!

The brain is a wonderous thing.  

These drugs don't respect the brain, they invade it (IMO).  And they affect the entire body - much of the serotonin in our bodies is in the gut (our second brain).

When you change your dose, it is akin to bouncing your brain like a basketball.  You just did a lot of really rapid, large adjustments.  It will take time for the basketball to stop bouncing.

I agree with the other mods that 20 mg may be too high after all of that bouncing.  Try 15, and hold there.  And hold there.  And hold there.  And ride those waves like a bucking bronco.  And hold some more.  Time is the best healer, the mag and fish oil will help (but not cure), and your own practices will help.

Tracking your days, your routine, with a log or journal is always a good idea.  You may find that too little exercise is not good, and too much exercise is worse (for example).  Everyone is different.  Pay attention to what sets you off and what soothes you.  It's very important to soothe yourself at this time.  Make a list of distractions, things you can do while you are waiting.  Here is my list, I keep it handy so that when I think I can't, I have something to try:

Qi Gong

Yoga

Mindfulness

Researching, learning on the web

Read SA - especially the links you've been given, also other people's stories to know you are not alone.

Gardening

Walking

Pets

Phone a Friend

Get a massage

Acupuncture

Karate - or Circuit Training, but gently!

Stupid Games on Facebook

Listen to music

Watch a DVD (avoid commercials, horror, anything stimulating) or TV show

Craft - for me it's colouring books

What does your list look like?

Also - were you having side effects from the Paxil before you started tapering?  Was there a reason you started tapering?  Or you just felt it was time?

I hope you start to stabilize soon.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Thank you Jancarol for your response. I am still taking 20mg, I think I may stay on that and see if I stabilize. I just have a gut feeling that reducing to 15 again so soon may not be best, but I could be wrong too. It's so hard to know what to do sometimes. I just try to listen to by body and adjust accordingly. Going up to 20 worked last time I reduced doses too fast, but I suppose that's no guarantee it will this time around. This time it seems to be a bumpier road.

I didn't have Paxil side effects before tapering. I want to go off of the Paxil because I don't feel I need it anymore. I dont want to be on it unless it is necessary.

I really hope I stabilize soon too. If I don't stabilize on 20mg, should I reduce slowly to 15?

• Administrator

Welcome, Ashley.

Given you have more confidence in 20mg, if I were you, I'd stay there for several weeks and see how it goes. If your symptoms lessen, that's going in the right direction.

Be sure to take it at the same time each day. Your system is probably sensitive to any irregularity now.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you very much for your input Altostrata.

At times, I have forgotten to take my Paxil at the same time each day. But I will make sure I am consistent with that. Thank you for that reminder.

I have been doing better these last few days. We will see how it goes over the next few weeks.

• Administrator

Good to hear. Let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Ashley, so sorry to hear you're in the paxil 'club' :( Apart from the length of time you and I have been taking it, I have experienced exactly the same effects, as have TONS of us - and it was very comforting and disturbing to know that it was the drug's effects, not me!

Something to note for the future as well is that the taper below 10mg is when it is incredibly important to go slowly. (go slow the whole time ;)) - don't be like me and think that since I could drop in 5mg drops reasonably ok from 20mg to 15mg then 15 to 10mg (definitely not good but did stabilise ) then the drop from 10mg to 5mg ARRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH TERRIBLE!! had to updose and still not cool.

Very very very best of luck Ashley xxxxx

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Thank you Altostrata, I most certainly will :)

MollyN - I've definitely noticed that as soon as I go below 10mg, things start to get more difficult. The jump from 10 down to 7.5 was definitely too much for me, yet I reduced my doses by the same 2.5mg increments going down from 20 to 17.5, 15, 12.5 and then 10 with few problems. I'll be going much slower and reducing in smaller increments next time around, especially when I'm ready to go below 10mg. Thanks for your comment.

Update: Overall things have improved. Today I am a little more fatigued than usual, but the last few days have definitely been better. I understand it can be a bumpy road.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ashley ,  good to hear things are on an upwards trajectory.

"I've definitely noticed that as soon as I go below 10mg, things start to get more difficult. The jump from 10 down to 7.5 was definitely too much for me, yet I reduced my doses by the same 2.5mg increments going down from 20 to 17.5, 15, 12.5 and then 10 with few problems."

When you were tapering , each time you went down by 2.5mg you were decreasing by an increasing amount.

By the time you went from 10mg to 7.5mg , you cut the dose by 25%.

Of course you crashed.   Stick with 10% decreases next time round and you should be fine going below 10mg.

The other thing to consider is allowing yourself more than 4 weeks after reinstating before tapering again.

Another recipe for disaster - tapering when your brain is just really beginning to get stable.  

I''d give it a good couple of months after your w/d symptoms resolve before starting to taper.

Best wishes ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

"I''d give it a good couple of months after your w/d symptoms resolve before starting to taper."

I absolutely agree. Thanks for your input Fresh.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ashley - glad to hear you are on the road to stability!

Keep breathing, and you can do this.  Hold and hold and hold.

In the meanwhile learn about:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Rhi's description of healing the brain

and maybe be prepared for:  Neuro-emotion

I hope you see the sun today - please keep us posted on how you are travelling!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Thank you for your response JanCarol.  I had a little rough patch there for about a week but I am now doing better again.  I'll certainly be giving myself plenty of time to stabilize before thinking about reducing dosages again.  But I have been familiarizing myself with information on this site regarding tapering such as the info in the first link you provided.  I also found the info in the second link you provided very interesting and informative.      

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update. I am feeling a little better still. Things seem to be looking up, but progress is slow.

• Moderator Emeritus

This is good Ashley, just keep going really gently.

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

I certainly will, thank you KarenB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody. Was doing better, but now I'm afraid I hit a wave. It's so frustrating, I just really hope I will recover from this soon.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody. Just posting an update. I have been feeling better lately. I'm still holding 20mg of Paxil and will continue to for a few months to come.

Reinstating (another ssri) didnt work for me either but welbutrin brought me back to life(from another drug class) helped. Maybe it will help you too?

2011~ lexapro 40-60 mg (mom,why didn't you stop me I was 15..)

2013~ prozac 40mg ,seroquel 25mg (here we go poop-out and merry-go-round!

2014~ paxil 40mg, seroquel 100mg (thanks psych ward for the benzo trial and WD too)

2015~ (worst year of my life):

- basically CT'd from paxil (40 to 20mg in one day,then 10 then 0 in one month total)

and seroquel (cold turkey) in May, horrible withdrawals with every decrease. I said " well Imma ride this out", yeah right.. Two weeks off I couldn't take it anymore.

- Drs. Lab rat( they tried prozac,lexapro,also for a few days cymbalta,venlafaxine,and for anxiety olanzapine and different doses seroquel)

- started wellbutrin (which "cured" my by then 1/2 year withdrawal in a few days,what?)

2016~zoloft 100mg,wellbutrin 300mg,seroquel 50mg

I hope to be med-free one day,I started at such a young age so, Who am I? No idea. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ashley,

Glad you're feeling better, and also glad you're still holding to let things settle further.

Romania - I know you were meaning well, but I'd like to offer a gentle reminder that it's not okay to suggest drugs to members here.  We are a site to help people off antidepressants, and the members here need all the support they can get to stop looking to drugs as a solution. 

Thanks for your understanding,

Karen

8 month hold.

Im sorry didnt know, now i do

2011~ lexapro 40-60 mg (mom,why didn't you stop me I was 15..)

2013~ prozac 40mg ,seroquel 25mg (here we go poop-out and merry-go-round!

2014~ paxil 40mg, seroquel 100mg (thanks psych ward for the benzo trial and WD too)

2015~ (worst year of my life):

- basically CT'd from paxil (40 to 20mg in one day,then 10 then 0 in one month total)

and seroquel (cold turkey) in May, horrible withdrawals with every decrease. I said " well Imma ride this out", yeah right.. Two weeks off I couldn't take it anymore.

- Drs. Lab rat( they tried prozac,lexapro,also for a few days cymbalta,venlafaxine,and for anxiety olanzapine and different doses seroquel)

- started wellbutrin (which "cured" my by then 1/2 year withdrawal in a few days,what?)

2016~zoloft 100mg,wellbutrin 300mg,seroquel 50mg

I hope to be med-free one day,I started at such a young age so, Who am I? No idea. :)