☼ Rockingchaircat: recovery from psychotropic drugs that were prescribed willy nilly.

Rockingchaircat

Day 488.

I've been getting adequate sleep- but not quite enough to my liking.  I still wake up with cortisol spikes to a lesser extent, and I spend far too much time staring at the ceiling. But after the DST swap, I find myself not going back to sleep and I seem to be OK with it for the most part. 

I'd just prefer to sleep all night long.  I've done it a couple fo times, just not often enough in the last few weeks.

Of late it's a difficulty with fine motor skills between my hands and my mine. Many are the times it's almost painful to not have a coordination between the two. And my short term memory is impaired. On Lumosity, they are the most challenging tasks to complete.  Often I get better, and then I backslide.

Memory- this morning (again) I realized I was missing a plate to put my breakfast eggs onto. I remembered frantically that I had picked one up for just that very purpose. But I couldn't find one, until it struck me that that plate was in the microwave nuking up some banana bread... that I was going to eat with breakfast.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

Day 489

Generally a good day. I slept well, despite waking up at 3 in the morning and just lazing about until getting up at 3;30.  Some of the symptoms but mostly in the minor or not really noticeable unless I concentrate on them.

I've been eating some turmeric with my eggs during breakfast. It seems to help a bit with the mood. It's a concentrated form available on the supermarket shelf. Thusly I'm able to cut it down with some mayo and it's quite palatable.  As opposed to the turmeric supplements which seem to jack the price up something fierce.

I'm still pushing myself on my memory skills on Lumosity as that is the brain skill I'm most deficient on.

I've also noticed that when I take some Motrin for some pain killing- it also seems to settle me down in other areas. It's an anti-inflammatory which seems to settle down no few symptoms as well.  I'm still taking aminos though.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

Day 490

I awoke at 3 this morning. I stayed in bed anyways for about another hour. Definitely a window. See how long this lasts.  I try not to worry the way things are going. It's too easy to fall into despair. Many good things happened today.

Day 491

Cortisol Spike last night- along about 2 in the morning. But I still managed to get some sleep despite. End of the window. But I have hope, it's not as intense as it was, and it comes and goes- the resultant anxiety.  It'll get better soon. And some day, maybe soon, the anxiety attacks will cease interrupting my sleep.  The last few nights have been good that way.

You're doing well , Rock. Cheering you on  !  :)   

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

You're doing well , Rock. Cheering you on  !  :)   

Thank you AliG. I'm sorry to hear about your own flareup. But, like all things- it'll get better. We endure.

Day 492

I'm feeling a bit better today- it's a weird cold, but then it's been a weird year. I'm a bit sleepy right now in the afternoon, but it's of the level that I've been able to avoid falling asleep- though dang it, I've been wanting to. At home now, I can do that. A bit of brain fog, but I was still able to work through it and fix something fairly important- with some guidance from a mentor. 

The window was good, I was getting adequate sleep for several days in a row. But now it's that danged cold- and one of my cats is dragging fleas in with her and leaving them around the house. It's maddening to be falling asleep and then feel one of the little beasties on me. Time and again at night.  Flea treatment for her, some flea spray for the house.  Another cat has decided that the litter box is a perfect spot for a nap. She's an old kitty.

Day 493.

Some application of flea spray allowed for an improved sleep last night. No leg twitches or urges to do so has occurred in the last couple of days. Skin burn comes and goes. 

All in All, I'd say that my 'withdrawal' is in a holding pattern, albeit in a VERY slow descent.

Day 494

Another year of being ignored by my old man. Another Thanksgiving, I don't have to put up with his or the rest of his family's attitude of superiority and arrogance.  The wife mentioned to me that she suggested to her own mother that she say to her mother that she loves her. Wife's mother reply: She's not done so in 30 years, why start now?

My autistic daughter has blossomed on her own. I still get a chill at the thought of her living on her own. But she prepped an entree to bring to the dinner for us. It's such a good feeling to see her doing so well.

Mine own anxiety comes and goes.  And I'm afraid, so very afraid at what the Trump Regime will do to my job, my country, and the world. 

Day 495.

I shouldn't have taken the day off.

Empty house, the wife has to work, it's raining. I've raked leaves, and my existential dread continues. But I got to sleep in a bit today. So that's not so bad. Now the kid texted, she wants to go shopping ...on Black Friday.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yeah that sounds like a day that would be better spent working. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Day 496.

A somewhat improved sleep. I only woke up with a restless leg urge once. And it didn't last anywhere near as long. Anxiety is at a low ebb (for now). I just took my morning Tyrosine so it hasn't kicked in yet.  Cognition is still touch and go- I nearly dropped my tea wrapper into my cup instead of the tea bag. 

Ultimately I took the kid where she wanted to go- long lines and heavy traffic. But it got me out of the house. I'll take it. I also helped out a coworker last night/evening. He needed someone to drop his kids off with his own parents. Long story with that. Then a 40 minute drive home for me.

Mayhap I'll be able to get a bike ride in this afternoon without getting TOO wet.

Day 498

Skipped a day. One day seems like the next. Yesterday I saw Fantastic Beasts with the wife and kid. Made it through the movie complete with credits, and only felt a slightly desperate need to pee.  Overactive bladder is dying down a bit more. A bit of restless leg the last couple of nights- somewhat suppressed. Myclonic jerk during today's meditation- slight. 

Still depressed about Trump. I need a portmanteau word that combines Twitter and Hissyfit.

like Bill Maher says...WHINY LITTLE B*TCH.

How can this guy be President?!

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

like Bill Maher says...WHINY LITTLE B*TCH.

How can this guy be President?!

Electoral College and no paper trail voting.

I discovered one online: TANTRUMP.

Day 499.

Blood pressure spikes. The occasional anxiety attack, even though mild, still flows. I've got to stop watching the news about what the Elect does next. But if I don't, I get even more anxious.  He may be a President, but he will never be a Leader.

Day 500.

I'm coming down with a cold. Which didn't make sleeping any easier. Nor anything else.

Celebrating day 500.  That's a milestone. Well done , Rock.  :)  Keep on keeping on . We are following your path. Don't underestimate that . 

A lot of people are following your journey.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Celebrating day 500.  That's a milestone. Well done , Rock.  :)  Keep on keeping on . We are following your path. Don't underestimate that . 

A lot of people are following your journey.

I would imagine that at least a couple of them are from the FBI, what with my criticisms of Our Lord and Messiah- Trump. If these entries stop suddenly- you can guess why.

Brain fog is more than a bit much, I've managed to fall asleep on both my regular breaks and lunch break. I was going to be taking an old friend to dinner today, but I had to beg off. I should be keeping my driving to a minimum.

• Moderator Emeritus

Maybe he'll follow the other chubby president with weird hair, Kim Jong-il, and insist on "Dear Leader."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Maybe he'll follow the other chubby president with weird hair, Kim Jong-il, and insist on "Dear Leader."

May His Shadow fall upon you.

Day 501 (Jeans?)

I'm still not feeling well sickness wise- but since I got to 'enjoy' the long game of Flu-like withdrawals, I went to work anywho. All day fatigue and near constant headache, stuffy nose? Meh.  Occasionally I have to stop and work on suppress my anxiety. Most times I can do it after a few minutes, other times it's like trying to nail gelatin to the wall.

Productive day at work- not one but two long standing problems taken care of. One that started months ago, and one that started years ago.

Day 502

Almost enough sleep. I've noticed that for 'whatever' reason, I'm awoken fairly shortly after falling asleep- I will get some restless leg.  But it only seems to occur on those days I don't manage to get a nap/meditation. And I've got to remember to close my bedroom door so I can meditate- sans housecat. It appears that my attempting to meditate invariably gets the attention of an otherwise comatose house cat who suddenly needs petting.  

Last night's restless leg- was subdued, and fairly easily suppressed. I still have some flu/cold symptoms today, along with cold sensitivity and a headache that reoccurs whenever I breathe in cold air. I'm still getting tired, but it's nowhere near the level of fatigue that I had several months ago, and is much easily overcome. 

Of course it'd be nice to win big in the lottery so I could contribute to mine own well being by sleeping in every day for a few years.

Day 503

It's a rare morning I get to enjoy lying in bed. No headache, no scratchy throat, no clogged nose. No anxiety attacks (yet). No massive hunger pangs from low blood sugar as a result of middle of the night cortisol spikes. Overactive bladder? Dropping off of late. Only twice during the night. And even then the second time was the 'normal' wake up time.

Still.

I continue the amino acid therapy.  It may be nothing more than a placebo.  But even that Placebo is better than the crapola the medicos pawn.

It's gone. That God Damned Tree.  It was expensive getting rid of it, but it's gone now. That Goddamned Douglas Fir- that was WAY too close to the house, dropped innumerable pine cones upon my house roof and dreadfully heavy limbs upon it as well. As well as the seemingly infinite number of pine needles. The yard' is tore up a bit, but it'll grow back. And there is a whole lot of sawdust lying around, and adorning some of the broadleaf trees.  But that dying fir tree that was starting to lean towards my house Is GONE! I went up there last week onto the roof. The shingles look like I'd not spent several days scraping moss off of the roof.  Jeez.  That's the next expense to pay- a new roof. I've got sheet plastic on a significant portion of it- the roof leaks in several places and dryrot is evident in many spots too.

But I also notice that the right here right now is better than it was a year ago.  I don't wake up in the middle of the night feeling like a corpsicle. I can tolerate the cold much better, and I don't feel like I'm starving to death if I miss a meal.  And I don't automatically have to fight down the urge to fall asleep after eating a meal. This time last year I was having my thyroid hormones being checked. Now? I had to stop and remember what it was called (Thyroid).

My lumosity scores have increased. (Brain training games). And I've reached peaks that I just thought was impossible to achieve. 

Now- it is slowly increasing the number of times I can just sit and enjoy the moment- as opposed to just siting and staring off into space because of the incessant overwhelming sensations.   There's still the day to day nitnoid stuffs.  And I'm sure the current good feeling will pass.  But right now- it's fine.

Day 504

And yesterday was going so nicely. 

I held off eating at a  favored restaurant (Toshi's Ramen) because I was going to be seeing a movie with the family today, (lots of soup/leg edema) result- whiz a lot during the movie. So instead I got a lark and had a sub from some place called Jersey Mike's. It was a good sub, but apparently the mayo was made with soybean oil. What little anxiousness I was getting- flared up.  Not quite a wave, but pretty darn close. Not very good sleep- about the only saving grace: day off, sleep in and battle the morning anxiety.

24 hours later- feeling a bit better, but I had to go through a bit to get here. Nice movie (Moana). Not your usual Disney Princess. 

Things have improved- though it's hard to remember. My brain games, worsened last night- but I kept pushing myself to do well. Railroad- I played that for pretty much 2 and a half hours. Sometimes being stubborn isn't a good thing- and yesterday was no different. 

But I played it often enough to notice that there was a problem- I just couldn't hold the attention long enough or in the proper spots to successfully get a 'perfect' game on the 12th level. I came within 1 train of it, and then decreased in quality since.

Today I'm doing better.  I just gotta keep plugging at it, and I still have to learn when to let something go.

Day 505

I had a nightmare that woke me up last night. But I didn't have the inevitable high blood pressure. Today- fatigue and I didn't wanna go to work. Some energy this morning- but being out in the cold for several hours seems to have sapped my drive.  Brain fog today, along with the fatigue. I'd prefer to be over this now, but the recovery period has different ideas. My appetite is returning, but the headaches aren't quite so eager to depart.  I have noticed that the skin burn does come but it seldom sticks around for long. I had a couple of toe twitches before falling asleep. I shall have to wait and see how that turns out.

Day 506

Overactive bladder, yesterday and last night, something fierce. It's not so bad now. So I'd say it's improving.  Freezing cold out this morning with snow. And yesterday I got caught in the rain during my bike ride and got drenched. It did taper off almost to nothing- AFTER my bike ride.

I find myself short tempered today, along with an endless parade of nit noid problems.  Skin burn came and went, and it wasn't in the usual spot, and it was much milder.  My appetite has returned albeit more ravenous for sugary treats. And I'm facing a headache that appears to be an after effect of the sickness of last week. It only comes on if I'm out in the cold for a while, of which I seem to be doing much more of of late. 

I'd say last weeks sickness was a flu. Since I'm coughing and hacking and actually feeling more tired now as a result.  

Day 507

I was dozing at 3:17 in the morning, when I got the Cortisol Spike. I could feel it. My blood pressure spiked, and it became a bit harder to breathe. My heart started beating faster. But, even from a few months ago- it wasn't nearly as bad as it had been before. I've gotten both kinds of skin burn today. The peppermint kind in my right arm- but below the elbow now. And the full burn in both arms, back of the arm. They all come and go.   Even the fatigue that I get, where I want to nap- doesn't last as long or as intensely. Headache comes, headache goes, more often with cold weather. I'm still sensitive after the flu I think I had last week.

Someday I will sleep well and not have to worry/wonder about all this. But not today apparently.

Orgasms do occur. The desire for such has increased to 'more often'. And when the opportunity does occur- they feel- ...'more'. I can feel them more. Not necessarily more intense, just...'more'. 

The overactive bladder, isn't quite so much overactive today. I noticed that when I take pain killer- that my 'need' to get up in the middle of the night to whiz, is much reduced. 

Sorry for the rambling- I'm just trying to notice patterns.  For all I know there are none. It just seems that some things make certain things more likely to occur.

Day 508

Nothing quite like a bunch of freezing rain and having to work and drive in it to inspire jolts of adrenaline to one's system.

Day 509

Even though I go through windows- they're not completely free of hard emotion times. I got antsy a bit ago. But I was able to bring myself down. I think (ironically) that of late the thought of getting anxiety is enough to give me anxiety. PTSD?

Another day, just like the previous ones. 

Day 510

It's nice to sleep in, even if I still get anxiety attacks for it.   About the only significant change: the skin burn on my right arm- is migrating. It's moved down past the elbow now. When it's cloudy and rainy it's cold. When the sun is out, it's warm. Weird.

Nearly 30 million people are on Obamacare now. And the republicans- don't give a damn about that. They don't give a damn about nearly 10 percent of the population of the United States, they're quite willing to cut them loose and leave them high and dry. They truly have no kindness in them.

I keep repeating that. And I still find it difficult to comprehend.

Day 511

Delayed breakfast (and aminos) to insure that I had breakfast with the wife and kid.

My blood sugar wasn't out of whack- not leaving me anxious. I was able to feel halfway decent till the food arrived.  There was some anxiety- but it was of a very low level. It did flare up a bit now and then.

And it was nice to sleep in. I remember all not that long ago- the thought of such would've made me scared something fierce.  It's getting better, just not fast enough for my taste.

Day 512

Restless leg- I woke up shortly after falling asleep last night. The restless leg urge was there, but it was far less than it had been the last time. I didn't even get a toe twitch. Within a few minutes it was back to slumberland. Which is a far cry from a year ago- An hours worth of letting my leg quiver. 

Yesterday- I went ahead and purchase regular coffee grounds. I'm going to try real coffee sometime within the next couple of weeks.  The decaf in and of itself was an accomplishment.  And once I'm used to real coffee- eventually I'll be adding a bit of milk. To see if I can adapt to that as well.

Day 513

I'm not as cranky nor as jumpy anymore. It helps that there is plenty to do at work.  Such keeps me distracted. A bit on the chilly side the last few days, but yesterday the sun came out- and I noticed that my fatigue flared up something fierce with the sunlight streaming into my work rig windshield.

I've been eating a bit more carbs such as sugary treats- so that may have something to do with it.

The roof has been replaced. $$$. But apparently it needed it something fierce. 9 panels of dry rot.  Dodged a bullet.

Hey RCC,

Just stopping by to say hello, and also to comment on a symptom you mentioned you had:

"Hunger pangs due to low blood sugar caused by cortisol spikes in the middle of the night".

This makes me wonder if it's the cortisol spikes that have been causing my blood sugar issues. Did you have that confirmed by your MD?

I am not even pre-diabetic, but have been searching for the answer to these weird blood sugar fluctuations I have experienced during WD, and think this may be the answer.

Hugs,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hey RCC,

Just stopping by to say hello, and also to comment on a symptom you mentioned you had:

"Hunger pangs due to low blood sugar caused by cortisol spikes in the middle of the night".

This makes me wonder if it's the cortisol spikes that have been causing my blood sugar issues. Did you have that confirmed by your MD?

I am not even pre-diabetic, but have been searching for the answer to these weird blood sugar fluctuations I have experienced during WD, and think this may be the answer.

Hugs,

JC

Not an actual confirmation from my MD. This whole kit and kaboodle is pooh-poohed by my MD's entirely. Their answer every time I brought it up (months ago) was that it was all psychosomatic and that Antidepressant withdrawal doesn't take this long- and that what I need to do is take these nice pills they have ...

Pills like Benzos and some proton pump inhibitors.  Both of which have support groups to get off of like the Anti-D's. 

According to my last and every previous blood tests-  my insulin levels are Just Fine. All I can go on and what I've researched on the net, and in this site.

Day 515.

Yesterday was a bear- we had freezing rain come in, and just about paralyze everything, I got home after a long day's work, managed to get a decent meal and was settling down to chill when I got 'the call' to return to work. Lots of stuff needing doing. And it did- I managed to get to work dodging fallen trees and Black Ice everywhere last night, and on the way home several hours later, and this morning on the way to work, and on the job.  

Many of the equipment I have to take care of- all commercial power feeds are GONE. And the main most important one claims that it could be between 2 to 7 days before they get power back at all.

And the wife informed me that the house has lost power again. Which is going to make getting a decent night's sleep a challenge to say the least. What with no power for my CPAP.  Luckily the house got the reroofing done when we did.

Ah well, wishful thinking on my part, lol.

We drove up through Oregon a couple of years ago and stopped off in Portland - great city. We started off in Calgary, drove down to San Fran and back.

Another trip was where we started off at San Diego (fly drive), and ended up in San Fran flying out of there back to Calgary.

Hey ho, some great road trips we had. Happier times......

Am following your Intro thread RCC.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Rock . Is it time for an update ?  Before and now  ?  What has changed ?  Day 515 . How did you get through this ?

Ah well, wishful thinking on my part, lol.

We drove up through Oregon a couple of years ago and stopped off in Portland - great city. We started off in Calgary, drove down to San Fran and back.

Another trip was where we started off at San Diego (fly drive), and ended up in San Fran flying out of there back to Calgary.

Hey ho, some great road trips we had. Happier times......

Am following your Intro thread RCC.

Calgary is a nice city too- I've been there a few times on business- nearly 2 decades ago.  

Rock . Is it time for an update ?  Before and now  ?  What has changed ?  Day 515 . How did you get through this ?

Day 517

Busy. I've been working 11-14 hour days. And am on phone standby.  Much of the equipment I've been working does have power now- but only because we managed to snag a portable generator for them. Commercial power- is still not available. And from what I've been told- much of the city and surrounding areas are still without power as well. I borrowed a portable generator from a friend- and managed to get some electricity going for the house for a few hours.  The space heater helped stave off the worst of the cold, and kept the pipes from freezing. After a few hours- power was restored to my place. Then, the the parts of my local city/township- that did have power when we didn't - lost power.   Ice covered trees eventually collapse and inevitably- across power lines.

I've seen no few trees split in half length wise as a result. And now I'm glad that we paid for the tree removal when we did.  Considering the extent of the problem- it would've collapsed, more than likely onto our house. Something a lot of other folks are having problems with as well now.  Ah heck a next door neighbor had one of his collapse falling towards our house. (Just missed). 

Luckily the roads are mostly clear now. 

Anxiety attacks have come up, but I've been busy enough that I just simply have to work through them.  The last couple of years of SHEER FORCE OF WILL practice came in handy.

It gets difficult to speak at times- It's like I've developed an almost stuttering ability now. It comes and goes. 

And the CPAP machine acted up, I got to my appointment and they pooh poohed me.  Of course it worked JUST FINE for them. And when I got it home, it started up with the problem toot suite. Somehow I've been managing to get some sleep.

Loads of fun. The wife still wants to go to a ballet tomorrow. Gee I wonder when I'll get called into work....

Roundabouts + Black Ice = Major Pucker Factor