Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:26 PM
We are think that connecting our members geographically will enable
- Face-to-face meetings or phone contacts for those of you who wish to meet
- Support groups
- Sharing information about doctors, clinics, compounding pharmacies, etc.
- Organizing to educate physicians, hospitals, and university professors
- Organizing to contact members of local and national government
- Communicating in your first language
Even if you don't wish to do any of the above, if you are in Finland / Nordic region, please check in here.
Please also click the Follow This Topic button at the top right so you will receive notices about others posting here.
AND -- if you've haven't introduced yourself to the rest of the community yet, please go to our Introductions and Updates forum and start a topic for yourself. You can post updates to your Intro topic to track your progress.
Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta
Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.
July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.
Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.
October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.
March 2016 , 21mg
Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:22 AM
Citalopram 40mg from 2003-2015
Jan 2015 started tapering first dropped to 35mg, Feb 30mg, March 25mg, April 20mg, May 17,5mg, June 15mg, July 12,5mg, Aug 12,5mg,
Sep 0mg for 5 days because of stomac flu and after I raised to 7,5mg. All the symptoms of acute WD shaking, diarrhea, vomiting, barely could walk ect. Still didn't realize that it wasn't only stomac flu but I was also going through WD.
Oct 2,5mg and crashed again badly and quickly raised to 4mg. It was then when I knew my symptoms were due to WD.
Then in November after a month holding on 4mg raised to 5mg due to muscle weakness and had a VERY BAD reaction to reinstatement: akathisia(lasted for one or two weeks), insomnia, anhedonia... Drop quicly back to 4mg, Dec 3mg
Jan 2016 2,6mg( in the middle of Jan after I had been on 2,6mg for a week I tried to updose to 2,8mg and immediately had bad reaction to it: akathisia for a day, andehonia got worse. The next day dropped back to 2,6mg), Feb 2,4mg( a new symptom PGAD lasted 24/7 for 2 months after that on and off), March 2,4mg, April 2,3mg, May 2,2mg, June 2,1mg, July 2,0mg( Pgad almost nonexisting, sleeping pretty good, still some anhedonia but there has been a lot of gradual progress), Aug 1,97mg-1,89mg, Sep 1,88mg-1,49mg, Oct 1,48mg- 1,70mg,
Nov 0,65mg- current dose 0,5mg
Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:27 AM
2010: 150 mg Sertraline, 50 mg Mirtzapine. I tried to quit cold turkey 28 Nov. 2014 but that was simply the worst thing i have ever experienced in my entire life! Tappered into the meds again, and started tappering out again aug. 2015. I quit Mirtzapine 28 Nov. 2015 and Sertraline 4 jan. 2016 (6 months drugfree) Feeling a lot better. 14 months off. Hit a bad wave 25/12/16 and can't function at the moment and isolate and having many symtoms.
Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:45 AM
Estonia. quite close to Finland
For me it seems, that Denmark is very progressive about those subjects. Whitaker's book was published there, etc.
in 2002- cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2006-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer.
current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 10 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013; 4) free form amino acid complex 3 capsules 5) milk thistle 6) niacin 1500mg
25. april'13 fluoxetine 40mg -> 36mg (10%); 25. may'13 fluoxetine 36mg -> 32mg (1 month inbetween, 11%); 4. july'13 fluoxetine 32mg-> 28mg (5,5 weeks, 13%); 27. july'13 quetiapine 50 -> 45mg (10%); 15. aug'13 fluoxetine 28mg -> 24mg (6 weeks, 14%); 29. sept'13 quetiapine 45 -> 40mg (1,5 months, 11%); 14. oct'13 quetiapine 40mg -> 35mg (2 weeks, 13%); 16. oct'13 quetiapine 35mg -> 40mg; 17. oct'13 fluoxetine 24mg -> 22 mg (8%); 4. feb’14 fluoxetine 22mg -> 21mg (3,5 months hold inbetween, 5% cut); 21. feb'14 fluoxetine 21mg -> 20,5mg (2,5 weeks, 2,4% cut); 27 feb'14 fluoxetine 20,5mg -> 20mg (1 week, 2,4% cut); 30 mar'14 fluoxetine 20mg -> 19,5mg (4,5 weeks, 2,4% cut); 17 may'14 quetiapine 40mg -> 31mg (22% cut); 31 may'14 fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 17,56mg (9,9%); 13 july'14 quetiapine 31mg -> 25mg (19% cut); 19 july'14 quetiapine 25mg -> 18, 75mg (25% cut, 6 days); 28. july'14 quetiapine 18,75mg -> 22mg (-15%); 9. aug'14 fluoxetine 17,52mg -> 17,12mg (2,3% cut, 10 weeks, over 2 months); 19. aug'14 back to 17,52mg due to bad withdrawal symptoms; 20. oct'14 fluoxetine 17,52 -> 17,2mg (1,8% cut); 28. nov'14 fluoxetine 17,2 -> 15,6 (9,8%); 9. feb’15 fluoxetine 15,6 -> 14,4 (7,7%); 3. may’15 quetiapine 22mg -> 19mg (-14%); 27. may’15 fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 12,6mg (-12,5%, 1,8mg); 2. july’15 fluoxetine 12,6mg -> 10,6mg (15,9%, 2mg); 26. oct'15 fluoxetine 10,6mg - 9mg (15%, 1,6mg); 18. jan'16 quetiapine 18mg -> 15mg (17%); 16. mar'16 fluoxetine 9mg -> 7,4mg (18%); 22.may'16 fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 6mg (19%); 19.sept'16 quetiapine 12,5 -> 11,25 (10%); 26. sept'16 quetiapine 11,25 -> 10,25 (9%), 3 oct'16 quetiapine 10,25 -> 9,25 (10%); 10 oc'16 quetiapine 9,25-> 8,25mg (11%), 14 nov'16 quetiapine 8,25 -> 7,25 (12%); 9 Jan'17 fluoxetine 6mg -> 5,8mg (3%): 18 jan fluoxetine 5,8mg -> 5,6mg (3%); 6 feb fluoxetine 5,6mg -> 5,4mg (4%); 19 feb fluoxetine 5,4mg -> 5,2mg (4%); 5 mar fluox 5,2 -> 5,0 (4%).
Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:20 AM
1997-1999 Citalopram 20 mg
1999-2014 Sertraline 50 mg
2012 Sertraline very quick taper due to side effects. Switched to Wellbutrin 150 mg-300 mg. Reinstated Sertraline 25 mg-50 mg.
2013 Exhaustion. Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sertraline 75 mg-100 mg.
Sept 2014 Found this site. Started tapering. Sertraline 87,5 mg + Wellbutrin 150 mg
Aug 2015 No more Wellbutrin!! Sertraline 50 mg
2016 Sertraline 35 mg (January) - 33 mg (March 21st) - 32,5 mg (July 11) - 32 mg (July 27)
2017 March 28,2 mg and holding
Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:23 PM
Escitalopram 5-10mg 2006-2008
Fluoxetine 40mg 2008-2010
Venlafaxine 150mg 2010 - December 2014
I tapered off very quickly:
1. week 75mg
2. week 35,5mg
3. week 17mg
4. week 8,5mg
5. week none
Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:47 AM
Checking in, from sweden Iam good today, after 2 years and 6 months suffering. I posted my whole story in the sucess stories forum .. I hope everyone out there feel good soon too! Life without these drugs are beautiful , I love it
2007 - 2013: was on citalopram (tried to quit a few times, never worked, always went back on. max dose 40mg)
2012-2013: was tapering my citalopram all down to 2,5 mg then quit.
2013/aug: Took my last pill
W/D hit me bad after a few weeks off my medicine.
2014/August: 12 months off (much improved)
2015/April: 20months off. ( much improved, still some symtoms comes in waves, but not so intense.)
2015/june: 22months off. FELT different than before, all shakings suddenly stopped, feel much better. a fantastic feeling!
2016/Feb : 2 years and 6 months off, END of my suffering. I feel perfectly fine and back to normal.
Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:42 AM
2013~ prozac 40mg ,seroquel 25mg (here we go poop-out and merry-go-round!
2014~ paxil 40mg, seroquel 100mg (thanks psych ward for the benzo trial and WD too)
2015~ (worst year of my life):
- basically CT'd from paxil (40 to 20mg in one day,then 10 then 0 in one month total)
and seroquel (cold turkey) in May, horrible withdrawals with every decrease. I said " well Imma ride this out", yeah right.. Two weeks off I couldn't take it anymore.
- Drs. Lab rat( they tried prozac,lexapro,also for a few days cymbalta,venlafaxine,and for anxiety olanzapine and different doses seroquel)
- started wellbutrin (which "cured" my by then 1/2 year withdrawal in a few days,what?)
2016~zoloft 100mg,wellbutrin 300mg,seroquel 50mg
I hope to be med-free one day,I started at such a young age so, Who am I? No idea.
Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:40 AM
I'm not a native english speaker, sorry!
My history with Sertraline:
November 2009 - September 2013: most of the time my dose was 100 mg but when I stoped taking it first time my dose was 25 mg.
Unfornately I decided to start taking Sertraline again in April 2014. My new dose was 50 mg.
I took my last pill of Sertraline in November 2014. Then my dose was 25 mg.
Symptoms: PSSD, anhedonia and emotional anesthesia
Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:09 AM
Tapering Zoloft since 2011. Current dose: 0,0003 mg (!)
0,00065 mg 18 May 0.001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March? 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January
2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg
2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg
2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg
2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg
2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg
2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg
Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks, then after two weeks up to 50 mg, which dose I was only on for five weeks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months on 25 mg/12 mg/18,75 mg I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the prevoius dose all the way from 17,5 mg.
Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:13 AM
Sweden checking in!
Effexor 150mg July 2011 - March 2014
Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:12 AM
Clonazepam from 2004 - 2016 (tapered from 2mg to zero) Last day 3.1.06
Lexapro on and off from 2004
Seroquel from 2015
Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Seroquel 25mg
Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:01 AM
Was on Invega "Xeplion" injection for 3 years, and Cipralex for 1-2 years. Has experienced trouble with POTS, memory, speech and other neurological problems. Healing seems to take place, as Im now able to go without heart meds. My brain is still not working very well.
Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:38 AM
Checking in from Finland!
2015 11th Feb Started on Olanzapine 10 mg
5th March Stopped cold turkey, horrible withdrawal with unimaginable anxiety and insomni 5th March Reinstated 15 mg
19th March Down to 11,25 mg, 30th March Down to ~9,38 mg, 15th April Down to 7,5 mg, 26th April Down to ~5,63 mg
2nd May Up to 7,5 mg on due to withdrawal reaction 15th May Down to ~5,63 mg every other day, 8th June Down to ~5,63 mg three of four days,
12nd June Down to ~5,63 mg every day 21st July Up to 7,5 mg every other day due to slight insomnia
9th August Up to 15 mg due to high anxiety and semi-severe insomnia 25th August Down to 11,25 mg, 16th December Down to ~9,38 mg,
2016:18th January Down to 7,5 mg 1st of June 6,45 mg, 1st of July ~6,08 mg, 1st of August ~5,5 mg, 16th of August 5 mg (switched to 5 mg tablets), 1st Oct. 4,5 mg, 1st Nov. 4.05 mg, 1st Dec 3,65 mg
2017: 1st Jan. ~3,3 mg, 1st Feb 2,95 mg, 22nd Feb 2,65 mg (began 3-week taper) 15th Mar 2,38 mg, 5th Apr 2,14 mg, 26th Apr 1,94 mg
Other medications: Temazepam for sleep, using it very sparingly. Melatonin too, which has started working since Jan. 2017, using it sparingly (haven't used in over 9 months).
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: local support groups, Finland, Nordic