Rain: dropped dose of lexapro

Rain

I agree with Catnap. This could be a WD wave. Changing drugs is a risk, and you could get much worse WD after CT 6 mg Lexapro. Im still in a mess after CT 2.5 mg after taking Lexapro for only 3 weeks. Cymbalta is a different drug, and it might turn out to be another problem on top of what you got now.

Are you sure the main problem is reaction?

<p>Sept 2015: 5 mg Cipralex for 3 weeks. Lots of side effects. Reduced to 2.5 mg for 2 weeks. Experiencing withdrawal and side effects still after dose reduction. Quit after almost 4 weeks on 2.5 mg because of adverse effects. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms still. Reinstating 1mg after 3 weeks. Reduced to 0.50 after 2 days due to sensitive reaction (dysautonomia) and trip to ER. January 2016: After 14 months of tapering from 0.5 mg im now down to 0.08mg. Planing on one more drop before 4-8 weeks healing, then jump to zero. 14.03.17: Lexapro free!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rain

• Frogie

• Mort81

• Cipramillion

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain, I am so sorry you are still struggling so bad.

when we are going thru a rough time, it's hard to remember that things were better before, and that we had some better days.

on the 15th you wrote:

I did a two hour walking today, feels good. The legs have some weak feeling but still worth to walk. Luckily I didn't hit by panic attack last night, so that's the first time I haven't had panic after cut for 3 days in a row... What a good news!

I really think if you can find a way to ride out this wave, you'll start to feel better again soon-ish.

I know it's very hard when you're feeling awful, to believe that, but it will happen.

often, things will actually be better after a  wave, as it means your brain is working on getting back to its pre-drugged "settings", that's what causes the symptoms.

is there something you can do to distract yourself? watch tv, read, listen to music, go for a walk, take an epsom salt bath?

Many many thanks! 

I hit by reactions badly today again... I got very high heart rate and palpitation today, needling pain in hands and feet as well, it is really hard to deal with both WD and reactions. 

Regards

Rain

2006 October Zoloft 50mg for anxiety.

2013 March Lexapro 10mg for 18 months to 2015 September.

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2016 11th November taper to 9mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

May 22nd- 6.3mg, June 10th- 5.7mg, Nov- 4.4mg, Dec- 4.3mg,

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

I agree with Catnap. This could be a WD wave. Changing drugs is a risk, and you could get much worse WD after CT 6 mg Lexapro. Im still in a mess after CT 2.5 mg after taking Lexapro for only 3 weeks. Cymbalta is a different drug, and it might turn out to be another problem on top of what you got now.

Are you sure the main problem is reaction?

Hi mate, thanks for your suggestion,

Yes, I am pretty sure, because the reactions happened always the same time after I took the med, it is heart beating very fast to 100-135bpm, and whole hands and feet needling pain and numbness, etc... It is very hard to tolerate this because I couldn't get to sleep and eat. 

Do you think If I change to Cymbalta, It means I will get previous lexapro WD like CTed?

2015 September increased to 20mg for 7 weeks but getting worse. 3rd November dropped back to 10mg

2017 3rd March Taper to 8.8mg, then Fast taper start: 10th-8.6mg, 12th-8.2mg, 17th-8.0mg, 22rd-7.7mg, 27th-7.4mg.

April 2nd- 6.9mg (WD start), 19th-6.5mg. Failed one day Cymbalta trial, took back Lexapro, much worse Akathisia torture. Keep holding. 

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Sorry to hear you got those symptoms. Yes, you can get WD from jumping of that those. It is impossible to say what will happen, reaction to drops are very individual. Maybe if you are lucky, bridging to Cymbalta will work for you. Personally i think you take a risk doing a change like that. Not an easy choice for you, considering the reaction you get from Lexapro. 

Wish you good luck. Hope things will work out to the best for you!

<p>Sept 2015: 5 mg Cipralex for 3 weeks. Lots of side effects. Reduced to 2.5 mg for 2 weeks. Experiencing withdrawal and side effects still after dose reduction. Quit after almost 4 weeks on 2.5 mg because of adverse effects. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms still. Reinstating 1mg after 3 weeks. Reduced to 0.50 after 2 days due to sensitive reaction (dysautonomia) and trip to ER. January 2016: After 14 months of tapering from 0.5 mg im now down to 0.08mg. Planing on one more drop before 4-8 weeks healing, then jump to zero. 14.03.17: Lexapro free!

Sorry to hear you got those symptoms. Yes, you can get WD from jumping of that those. It is impossible to say what will happen, reaction to drops are very individual. Maybe if you are lucky, bridging to Cymbalta will work for you. Personally i think you take a risk doing a change like that. Not an easy choice for you, considering the reaction you get from Lexapro. 

Wish you good luck. Hope things will work out to the best for you!

It is so hard for me, i have stucked between WD and reactions badly. Is there any person that you know has got success switch? The reaction I get from Lexapro is a sign that I will get reaction from cymbalta as well? I am bit worrying about that, too. I can feel the reaction is back now, but I don't know how bad it will be if I holding on this dosage, will it worsening? I have no idea...

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Hi Rain:

Thought I would drop by and see how you are doing?

Hopefully you are feeling better. :)

I'm back to the nausea. So tired if it...

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi Rain:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie, 

My nausea has disappeared, however, I started very very intense akathisia, It scared me a lot! Last night even lots of suicidal thoughts came out, it was very very scary... 

Which dosage are you on now? Is it still the same dosage? Hope this can eliminate by time and patience. 

Regards

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Some Updates:

I started very very intense akathisia last night, It was hell, restless legs, stomach not working at all, chest tight, whole body agitated, whole body started to get very weak, then the most horrible thing happened! Suicidal dark thoughts! It jumped out just itself! What the hell! I never thought this will happen on me, but it did last night. I am so scared, I just want to know, is this normal during the WD? Or is this a meds reactions? Should I hold for this get leassened? 

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Hi Rain:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie, 

My nausea has disappeared, however, I started very very intense akathisia, It scared me a lot! Last night even lots of suicidal thoughts came out, it was very very scary... 

Which dosage are you on now? Is it still the same dosage? Hope this can eliminate by time and patience. 

Regards

Rain

Hi Rain:

No I'm still nauseous. Wish it would go away.

You might want to talk to a moderator about your dosage. I was worse than I am now, and they had me updose twice.

I'm still sick, but we are hoping it will go away.

You may need to go up a little in your dosage to get rid of the symptoms. Sounds like me, you tapered too fast.

Hope you feel better. :)

Take care,

Frogie. xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Hi Rain:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie, 

Regards

Rain

Hi Rain:

You might want to talk to a moderator about your dosage. I was worse than I am now, and they had me updose twice.

You may need to go up a little in your dosage to get rid of the symptoms. Sounds like me, you tapered too fast.

Take care,

Frogie. xx

Many thanks Frogie! 

It is great that your nausea is better than before after you updosed! 

I did a cut again due to the reactions to me, so the updose might not work for me because I am now stuck between WD and reactions. 

It is very hard for me to updose because reaction will hit me very very bad... 

But I am recording 4 days symptoms patterns want moderators to have a look, see if they can see some clue that which is WD and which is reactions, I will post them tomorrow. 

Hope you doing better today! 

Regards

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Hi Rain:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie, 

Regards

Rain

Hi Rain:

Take care,

Frogie. xx

Many thanks Frogie! 

I did a cut again due to the reactions to me, so the updose might not work for me because I am now stuck between WD and reactions. 

But I am recording 4 days symptoms patterns want moderators to have a look, see if they can see some clue that which is WD and which is reactions, I will post them tomorrow. 

Regards

Rain

Hi Rain

I hope your symptoms go away soon.

Keep track like you said and hopefully the moderators can help you.

They help me a lot.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Rain:

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hey Frogie, 

Regards

Rain

Hi Rain:

Take care,

Frogie. xx

Many thanks Frogie! 

Regards

Rain

Hi Rain

I hope your symptoms go away soon.

Keep track like you said and hopefully the moderators can help you.

They help me a lot.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Many thanks Frogie:

I post my recent 4 days pattern right now, see if any moderator can help me. 

Hope you are doing better today!

Hugs 

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Ok, Now I am posting my current 4 days symptoms pattern, hope someone can help me to find out if it's WD or reactions, my pattern seems confusing but I feel it has definitely some relationships. 

My record starts the 5th day of my last cut: 6.9mg to 6.5mg, the cutting of the dosage was due to unbearable reactions. For the first 4 days I was having great windows, which only got bit anxiety during the day.

Then the 5th day, symptoms started, the pattern is so confusing me, I don't know which is WD, which is reactions. 

I made all records blue color so it is easier to find out it is a record. 

Many thanks! 

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

5th day of cutting dose

11:00am woke up bunch of anxiety.
Got up, eat, a bit better. 

12:30pm took meds. Still anxiety

1pm throat tight, chest slightly tight. Slight anxious.

3:30pm anxiety waves, hand feet tingling needling pain, heart palpitation starts, inner restless

4:30pm calmed down a bit. But need to walk around at home.

6:30pm dinner, better.

7:30pm took walk outside, after 15mins, bad akathisia starts with first suicidal ideations... 

8:30pm back home, akathisia remain the same, found whole body agitated, feet weak, so layed down.

11:00pm akathisia going down a bit but OCD thoughts, scared feeling still there. 

12:00am insomnia, starts to check website about akathisia... 

4:30am finally felt sleep. 

6th day of cutting dose

11:30am akathisia feeling cleared up, but slightly anxiety thoughts about last night suffering.

12:00pm lunch, still ok. Slightly anxiety.

12:30pm took med. slightly dark thoughts after 40mins

2:00pm chest bit tight, heart rate up to 90bpm, Normally 60-68bpm. Started walking outside. Small legs started feel weak n jelly. 

2:40pm worse, but keep walking.

3:30pm back home, feel better. Slightly heart palp, chest tight, hands tingling. 

4:15pm muscle twitching on legs and arms. 

5:00pm symptoms gone, calmed down.

6:00pm feet start weak feeling again, no appetite to have dinner.

7:30pm take a walk again, brain cleared up, feeling much better.

8:30pm ate again, all good. 

10:30pm try to sleep, but hard to get to sleep, till 2:00am slept. Lots of strange dreams during the whole sleep.

8th day of cutting dose

11:30am woke up, bunch of anxiety and bit dark thoughts, weak n jelly small legs. Bowel movements. 

12:00pm still the same. Having first meal.

12:40pm took meds, nothing changed. 

2:00pm bit dark thoughts, no appetite to have second meal, other things all good. 

3:15pm start to ride bicycle, dark thoughts suddenly came. After half an hour dark thoughts worse and more frequent. 

4:00pm added stomach starts to uncomfortable, back neck tension, eye lid twitching. Pretty much similar to 2 days ago night akathisia feeling. 

4:30pm added heart palpitations heavy n fast. 

5:30pm all symptoms lessened except heart still palp hard n bit fast. 

6:00pm all getting better. 

9:30pm stomach feeling uncomfortable (feel like indigestion), legs weak again, anxious, dark thoughts starts, so lying down, then heart palp heavy, throat tight.

12:00am stomach nausea, insomnia, anxious n OCD dark thoughts.

9th day of cutting dose

10:00am hit by akathisia wave as soon as i opened my eyes, diarrhea, too. Felt weak, stayed in bed.

11:00am got up, having meal, slightly getting better. But still heart palp, small leg jelly and weak.

12:00pm worsening again. Especially some desperate feelings... 12:35pm took meds.

1:05pm heart start palping fast again to 90-100bpm, hands tingling and numb. Akathisia still there, dark thoughts bit more frequent. 

1:30pm back neck tension, panic feeling, arms weak added, akathisia worse...

2:00pm huge dizzy added. 

3:00pm slightly better... heart calmed down for a while.

4:15pm heart palp again, throat tight, chest tight, bit low mood and thoughts come up again. 

4:30pm added bad thoughts wave hit again, it's 4 hours of taking meds.

6:00pm added akathisia, restless again. No appetite to eat. 

6:30pm heart rate much slower, no more restless, but leg muscle twitching, back neck tension. 

7:00pm dinner, symptoms are all getting better. 

10:00pm after an hour walking, stomach bit nausea , throat tight and anxious feeling.

10:30pm go to bed, stomach more nausea. Insomnia. 

12:30am luckily felt into sleep, but still lots of weird vivid dreams.
Edited by AliG
duplicate deleted as requested

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Can anyone please help me, my akathisia is getting worse since last night, if anyone can read my 4 days pattern it would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Can anyone please help? My heart palp is very fast too, i am thinking going to the hospital...

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Rain. If you think there is a problem with heart palpitations, it would be wise to go to the ER and get it checked out. I have had problems with heart irregularities throughout withdrawal and it's always safer to be at the hospital when you are experiencing extreme distress.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Rain. If you think there is a problem with heart palpitations, it would be wise to go to the ER and get it checked out. I have had problems with heart irregularities throughout withdrawal and it's always safer to be at the hospital when you are experiencing extreme distress.

Thanks AliG!

I will go and have a check tonight again.

As no one answer my pattern questions, can I ask you about that? Am I suffering akathisia caused by reactions or WD?

Hoping you can find out some pattern and clue...

Thanks

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Rain. Let's see how you go once these heart palpitations are under control.

You do seem to experience anxiety a few hours after your medication but days * 7 and * 8 are exactly the same so it's hard to tell.

Was that a test to see if we were really reading your notes ?  LOL.  :)  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

You do seem to experience anxiety a few hours after your medication but days * 7 and * 8 are exactly the same so it's hard to tell.

Sorry AliG about my rush, but I feel really bad at the moment, my restless is going to top too! I couldn't stop walking, and only want go to hospital for some treatments. Today my akathisia is way worse than yesterday... I couldn't tolerate anymore...Do you think I am mostly suffering from reactions?

Regards

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Sorry AliG about my rush, but I feel really bad at the moment, my restless is going to top too! I couldn't stop walking, and only want go to hospital for some treatments. Today my akathisia is way worse than yesterday... I couldn't tolerate anymore...Do you think I am mostly suffering from reactions?

Regards

Rain

Sorry AliG can you edit for me, I only got 4 days records, i made mistakes, please delete one of the repeat days, thanks! I couldn't edit...

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Rain. How are you feeling now ? Do you still have palpitations ?  Have you rung an ambulance ? 

Rain. How are you feeling now ? Do you still have palpitations ?  Have you rung an ambulance ?

I just out from Clinic, heart shows ok but it is fast.

But I still had no idea with my restless, I have walked 10.7km today, and my legs are very weak, but i still have urge to walk...

I totally lost my appetite today as well, I feel exhausted today.

I am still wondering if it's meds caused my akathisia or it is WD.

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

What did the doctors say ? Did they find anything or is it just withdrawal ?  Do you feel the akathisia is worse or the same ? If it is  worse - then how ?  We really need a few more symptom notes to ascertain the severity and also the degree of the problem. 

Do you feel you are getting better or worse at this point ? The more details you can give us right now, the easier it is to offer advice, help and suggestions.

Sorry it's so rough at the moment, Rain. I wonder if there are non drug methods of coping that might help your heart rate. A walking meditation perhaps? Something that is slow and won't exhaust you when you can't eat much. Try and eat nutrition dense things if you can stomach them. 

2010: Adverse reaction to citalopram/suicidal.

2010-2014: Venlafaxine doses 75-150-300. Began to cause heart palpitations.

2014: Adverse side effects from Sertraline

2014: Adverse reaction to Mirtazipine/suicidal. CT withdrawal. 

2014: Accute adverse reaction to one prozac pill. Body & brain went on fire. Full WD

2015: Half dose of Lorazepam restarted all the WD symptoms. 

2017: Bad reaction to stopping propranolol beta blockers. Violent shaking WD again.
2023: Severe adrenaline surges triggered by low frequency sound/vibration next door. Heart rate going dangerously high so now 25mg atenolol.

Current Supplements: Omega 3 & Vitamin C, magnesium. 
Current other medications: Metformin (type ii diabetic), Lymecycline (for rosacea), Atenolol 25mg. 

What did the doctors say ? Did they find anything or is it just withdrawal ? Do you feel the akathisia is worse or the same ? If it is worse - then how ? We really need a few more symptom notes to ascertain the severity and also the degree of the problem.

Do you feel you are getting better or worse at this point ? The more details you can give us right now, the easier it is to offer advice, help and suggestions.

Hi AliG, many thanks for your asking and sorry I am extremely weak last night and this morning due to my whole night insomnia and symptoms.

My doctor said he wants to switch meds for me because lexapro did nothing good to me and made me worse. My akathisia and all other symptoms are worsening since 3 days ago. Especially akathisia, anxiety and weakness, the severelarity i should make them 8.

I have no appetite at all at the moment and after an hour I will go to take meds again. I don't know if I will get even worse or not... any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Sorry it's so rough at the moment, Rain. I wonder if there are non drug methods of coping that might help your heart rate. A walking meditation perhaps? Something that is slow and won't exhaust you when you can't eat much. Try and eat nutrition dense things if you can stomach them.

Many thanks!

Sorry about my short reply, I'm currently feeling very weak, I couldn't take a walk for today... i can only lying on the sofa...

Any other good suggestions for me to do?

Thanks!

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Maybe some relaxing music or a calmly read audiobook would be something to distract you and which your brain could apply it's attention to to. Or even some kind of white noise or app that plays a sound you can focus on. I find distractions like that very useful, sometimes it's only by distracting my brain from thinking about symptoms by giving it something else to focus on that I've been able to get a little sleep. Keep the sound low. 

Deep breathing is supposed to be good for calming heart rate. A good balance of food groups in regular meals and keeping hydrated helps, even if you can't eat a lot a little good nutrition goes a long way.

I hope things begin to resolve soon and you begin to stabilise and feel better. 

2014: Accute adverse reaction to one prozac pill. Body & brain went on fire. Full WD

2017: Bad reaction to stopping propranolol beta blockers. Violent shaking WD again.
2023: Severe adrenaline surges triggered by low frequency sound/vibration next door. Heart rate going dangerously high so now 25mg atenolol.

Current other medications: Metformin (type ii diabetic), Lymecycline (for rosacea), Atenolol 25mg. 

Maybe some relaxing music or a calmly read audiobook would be something to distract you and which your brain could apply it's attention to to. Or even some kind of white noise or app that plays a sound you can focus on. I find distractions like that very useful, sometimes it's only by distracting my brain from thinking about symptoms by giving it something else to focus on that I've been able to get a little sleep. Keep the sound low.

Deep breathing is supposed to be good for calming heart rate. A good balance of food groups in regular meals and keeping hydrated helps, even if you can't eat a lot a little good nutrition goes a long way.

I hope things begin to resolve soon and you begin to stabilise and feel better.

Many many thanks for providing me such useful suggestions! I definitely will take that!

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

I switched to take Cymbalta today. Starting at 20mg.

I don't know what will happen next.

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Just wanted to stop by and cheer for you, friend. 

Sometimes we just need to make brave descisions in a very hard time. 

Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully this will run smooth. 

Hugs!

Just wanted to stop by and cheer for you, friend.

Sometimes we just need to make brave descisions in a very hard time.

Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully this will run smooth.

Hugs!

Many thanks my friend!

I am actually in a very desperate situation, your recovery story and word really encouraging me!

Hope you heal soon!

Cheers

Rain

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Im sorry to hear about your situation. Stay strong!

Let us know how things turn out over the next days/week.  

Well things already seems not nice, after taking Cymbalta my heart palp seems bad, too. Is that means, I actually having serotonin syndrome and all ssri meds seems to be the same to me?

Can I just go back to Lexapro again? Any dangerous to do so? I only took one day today, will my symptom been messed up already?

Thanks!

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Switched back to Lexapro, pure hell from Lexapro WD this morning...

2018 Jan- 4.1mg 

Hang in there. This will pass. It will get better. Keep believing. Be kind to yourself.