SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

AmieE: Coming off risperdal

AmieE

I have had nothing but trouble from this drug and I was never warned of all the side effects and the withdrawal side effects ...I want to come off of risperdal and I'm really scared after reading all that could happen ...I am going to my reg doc tomorrow and I'm gonna ask him to help me come off this drug since my phyc want all they want to do is up it :-(

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi AmieE ,   welcome to the site.

We have loads of information and resources to help you come off risperdal if that's what you want to do.   It's a slow

process , but slow is the way to avoid serious withdrawal symptoms.

Please could you fill in your signature with your med. history , dates doses etc.   This comes up each time you post

so people know your background.  See instructions here  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

There are lots of articles to read , but let's do one thing at a time.

Best wishes ,  Fresh

(This thread will be moved to the Introductions section)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg