SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

megb: 3rd time attempt to get off Paxil

megb

Hey Meg,

Don't hurry, it's not worth it.  You're at the end.  make small drops (can do them more frequently) instead of large.  And great news about the sleep!  

All the best.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• megb

• Altostrata

• brassmonkey

• Survivor1

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Meg-- I'm glad to hear that things are going so well at the moment. Please don't give in to the temptation to speed things up, it will end up causing problems in the long run.  The dose range you're entering 14-10mg has been a tough one for many people and needs to be handled carefully.  I don't see a need to really slow things down any, but a different approach to your drops might prove helpful.  I am a huge fan of the Brassmonkey Slide Method because I've seen how well it works for a lot of people.  I suggest that you give it a try.  I think the standard slide of 2.5% a week for four weeks and then an additional two week hold should work quite well for you.  I makes the symptoms from each drop even more manageable and gives the added benefit of making weekly decreases so it feels like you're being more proactive in getting the stuff "out of your system".  If 2.5% (10% per slide) seems too large a cut then 1.25% (5% per slide) a week is very workable too. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks for the reality check y'all! I will continue to drop small in increments. I might do a slide but I am SO worried about accuracy... it's a big time commitment. How do you make sure it's correct every time??

Sep '18 - became pregnant  in late August, then on 9/5 insomnia/anxiety went THROUGH the roof. I tried a lot of things but here is what is current: 

Paroxetine: 6.2mg (began 9/5/18, and there was a new manufacturer of which I just found out 2 days ago) during the day

Olanzapine 7.5mg at night

Ambien: 5-10mg at night

Xanex: 5-10mg at night

Fish Oil: for prenatal things

• Aug '18: Paroxetine 6.6mg, (30mg thyroid hormone, fish oil, vit D3, SBI protect, probiotic. Following AIP diet)
  • Mar '16: began taper from 20mg. Decreasing .75mg or less each month or more. Sporadically used Ambien &/or Trazodone for insomnia. 
  •  Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 
  • Oct'12-Sep'15: 20mg Paxil
  • Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.
  • Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  Other meds taken sporadically: Ativan, Abilify, Xyrem 

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness. 

Hi Meg,

glad to hear that  you are doing well. How do you make reductions ? To measure liquid If you use  1ml syringe then every 0.1ml has concetration.1 mg.  Paxil liquid (prexat) has 10mg/1ml

All the best.

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

Hi Miko, I don't make the reductions myself. Right now I use a compound pharmacy to make all my doses. I'd like to avoid liquid if I can and use crushed pills; the only reason is that I've seen many folks mention they absorb the liquid much faster and have trouble adjusting to it. 

Do you use liquid? I see you are on Paxil as well and at a very low dose, well done!!

Sep '18 - became pregnant  in late August, then on 9/5 insomnia/anxiety went THROUGH the roof. I tried a lot of things but here is what is current: 

Paroxetine: 6.2mg (began 9/5/18, and there was a new manufacturer of which I just found out 2 days ago) during the day

• Aug '18: Paroxetine 6.6mg, (30mg thyroid hormone, fish oil, vit D3, SBI protect, probiotic. Following AIP diet)
  • Mar '16: began taper from 20mg. Decreasing .75mg or less each month or more. Sporadically used Ambien &/or Trazodone for insomnia. 
  •  Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 
  • Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.
  • Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  Other meds taken sporadically: Ativan, Abilify, Xyrem 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Meg!

I'm tapering Paxil as well. You asked about accuracy -- I know a lot of people use a digital scale, and there are recommendations on this site for brands that people find effective. They crush up the tablets and weigh them out. 

I am using liquid and have been for a year and a half. I can decrease whenever I need to and the flexibility has been really important. 

Looks like you're down to 12.75 -- that is great! Keep up the great work. :)

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed as I decrease I am more and more emotional the week before my period hits. Last night I felt super annoyed at EVERYTHING. Literally I could not even make dinner without being upset I had to open certain ingredients...WHAT. I told my husband I was super sorry but I needed to have a moment. Later, I was watching a touching TV show and started bawling at a certain part. Could not get it together! Luckily it was a good moment to grieve for my dad and I did so for a good 30 minutes. Crying is so therapeutic! 

I felt much better after that cry-sesh :) I do enjoy feeling more emotion. Will have to remember that when I feel over the top annoyed it might be because I need to let out a little more feelings! 

This drop to 12.75 has gone well, so I think next I will drop to 12mg. Very grateful. 

LOL I share this! Last time, I was sitting at the table with the family eating dinner and suddenly all I could hear was their loud chewing!! I announce they were too loud and flounced off to sit on the couch by myself to eat... I'm pretty sure they were all eating at the same volume as normal.... lol

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Molly, haha, I'm SO glad it isn't just me : ) How are you coming along? Any memory improvements? 

I so wish I could say my memory has improved, but just this afternoon I started to tell my daughter "some exciting news" and she interrupted saying "you've told me that twice already" and gave me that quizzical look people shoot you when they're not quite sure what to make of your lack of functioning!

It's quite disturbing, sometimes I'll forget things I've known for ever, for instance the names of the Beatles, or I forgot the lead singer of the Rolling Stones. I try not to focus on it too too much otherwise I can become very distressed that I have some sort of early onset dementia - lol that would be blimmin typical, here's me, writing everything off as antidepressant related and miss something important lol.

I loved what you wrote about crying! I've only just realised that I shouldn't be fearful of crying, but kind of embrace it and know that it brings relief xxx I read somewhere years ago (yay I didn't forget) that our tears are full of toxins - although that could be rubbish - but I liked the sound of it :)

Looking forward to your next update and whatever it brings xxxm

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 3 weeks later...

Molly, sorry it took me so long to reply, it has been a busy summer so far! I'm sorry to hear your memory issues are still ever-present :( I've heard nutrition can play a big role in regaining it. Haven't tried anything specific myself except fish oil supplements. I have to write everything and anything down or I cannot remember. My 63 year old manager jokes that I am young and shouldn't have these issues. Haha I KNOW, I definitely did not want them that is for sure. 

I love your wording 'blimmin' ! and just noticed you are located in New Zealand!! I've ALWAYS wanted to visit there... it looks breathtaking from the internet photos. 

Well today is my first day on 12mg and I do hope it is a smooth transition as the last few have been. We go to Colorado on vacation next week and it would be great to be feeling somewhat normal. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope the transition continues to go smoothly, Meg! Have a great time in Colorado; that sounds amazing. <3

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• 3 weeks later...

Well Colorado started out roughhh. My husband and I both got some sort of intestinal bug the day before unfortunately, and so the 15 hour road trip was not the best. We were sick for the first couple days of the trip but it was still a good time! Toward the end started feeling better and went on some very fun adventures! :) The scenery was breathtaking!! Mountains are unreal. 

We decided to try some legal substances while in CO to see if it would help me sleep. (Even though I have been sleeping fine) It was okay for the first night. The second time I took much too big of a hit by accident and it caused an 8 hour horrifying panic attack and suicidal thoughts. Never again! Could it be that it interacted with the Paxil?? I will be staying far away from now on that's for sure. Not worth it!

The drop to 12 has been good and I will be dropping again on July 11th. 

Our CNS is so destabilized that it be best to not add anything (unless in crisis).  Glad you had a good time on vacation.  Am going to the mountains too next week (Banff, Canada), and hope that I am able to enjoy it as I am in the thick of WD.  Hope the scenery does me good!

You seem to be doing well wit the tapering, good for you!  All the best.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

You're so right about the sensitive CNS. Ever since I tried MJ I've felt weird and slightly nauseous most of my day. I will stick to magnesium in the future :) Survivor, Have so much fun in Canada! That is on my bucket list for sure! I think the great outdoors will be soul-medicine for you. It's always good to get away from it all and refocus. How has sleep been?

Luckily sleep has been OK.  With the fatigue from WD, the other meds seem to have an increased soporific effect.  Will be interesting to see how they work after I stabilize ... Cheers!

PAST

CURRENT

Glad to hear sleep has been okay! Much better than terrible :) We reach a new level of 'good' and 'okay' in WD. 

For my own documentation purposes: For the last 1.5 weeks I've had daily waves of nausea (no actual vomiting) sometimes lasting for hours on and off. I did have some sort of stomach/intestinal bug a few weeks ago which has been a bear to get rid of, so it may be residual sickness. It could also be WD as I have def had nausea as one of my symptoms last time I did a taper. Since it is still happening I am nervous to drop again in a few days to 11.25mg. I've already gotten the dose made at the pharmacy so I will probably continue to make this drop. Sometimes these feelings motivate me to continue to get off this poison and sometimes they cause fear of going forward. 

• 1 month later...

Dear SA diary, 

I haven't been nauseous for awhile which has been nice! The drop to 10.5 has been fairly easy and not felt. Until last night I hadn't had any major anxiety, just very small moments that passed quickly. My heart was racing while in bed last night and it took a long time to fall asleep, which has thankfully not been my norm for the last 6 months. It may have been the INTENSE amount of sugar I ingested all day....so so bad. But also it was so delicious. 

I've recently added dairy back for a food allergy test I took this past Tuesday. The amount of ice cream, cheese, and chocolate I've consumed has been significant for sure :) SOOOO good! I'm sure my gut is like WHAT IS HAPPENING. I did not enjoy the anxiety so I'll be taking it easy today and my taking my magnesium. Will need to breathe and keep in mind that this is PART of the process to have anxiety while tapering. It is not the end of the world and doesn't mean I will slide back into a black whole. 

• Administrator

megb, sounds like you've gotten the hang of it. Thanks for updating!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, megb said:

It is not the end of the world and doesn't mean I will slide back into a black whole. 

That's a really great attitude to have!

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks Alto & Chessie! Also, I meant *hole instead of 'whole.' Oops :) Had a much better night last night. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

• Administrator

:)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear SA Diary, 

It's been 3 days since I've decreased to 10mg from 10.5mg. I feel normal at the moment, which is good. I switched from the compounded drug to the regular pharma pill and was slightly nervous I would react - I guess there is still time for me to do so but hasn't happened yet. It's really nice to be paying $4 instead of $45!!! I'll hold for 6 months I think. Last time I did a long hold on 15mg I did have a rush of anxiety and insomnia toward the end of the 4 months - maybe the WD caught up with me? I was also very stressed at the time and in another state. Who knows! 

These next months will be a focus of diet; getting rid of all processed and inflammatory foods. My thyroid autoimmune disease is affected by food so I've gotta do better with it. Sleep is still very good, praise God! It's my 30th birthday today and I just feel terribly grateful to be on the path I'm on, even though it's been hellish at times. The future looks bright today :)

Praying for the rest of you going through the same or worse. 

love, Meg

Happy Birthday  Meg.  It sounds like you got yourself quite a present.

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank you Brass!! :)

Happy Bday to you Meg!  Wow you are the poster girl for patience for holding so long!  Hope the rest of your taper goes well.  Cheers.

PAST

CURRENT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Meg,

Its nice that you switched to the pharma pill and been paying 4$ instead of  45. You can save money.

Yes diet is important as can affect us feel worse or better. Make us sleepy etc.

keep going!!

2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

• 3 months later...

Haven’t updated in quite a bit. Is it really 2018? I’m in my 5th month of 10mg. I have not noticed any side effects or WD from this hold, so I’m thinking of lowering next month to 9.5mg. I hear it can be intense under 10. Very much hoping I’m not terribly affected.

The fall is always rough. Seems I’ve been sick an entire month :( Coughing and coughing. Can’t wait until this passes! It would make sleeping even easier. Antibiotics turned my intestines against me too. Bronchitis can suck it. 

My emotions are all over the place recently. I’m so crazy in love with my husband and then the next second I’m super sad and miss my family. Oh the joy of hormones :) I look forward to what 2018 brings!

Hi Meg -- I so glad to hear that things have really stabilized for you and you're ready to start tapering again.  I wouldn't describe getting under 10mgai as intense, more like unpredictable.  The patterns we have come to recognize might not hold true any longer so each drop can be different.  It's important to go slow, in smaller drops because even a small drop can make a big change on the SERT loading and that's where your symptoms will come from.  Even of you're doing a 5% taper might I suggest doing a Brassmonkey Slide of 1.5% a week for four weeks and an additional two week hold.  It should really help in keeping things under control.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Brass

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brass! Yea i would love to do the slide, but I don’t want to use liquid or crush pills. It’s so unpredictable and prone to error. I gotta go with a compound pharmacy. Getting so many doses from them will get really expensive if i did 3 prescriptions a month too... :( 

ill have to see how i handle the drop to 9.5. 

How is life drug free?!

I can understand that.  It would be a problem going to the drug store that often too.

Drug free life keeps getting better and better.  Lots of projects around the house and some fum hobby stuff going on too.

• 2 weeks later...

Next Wednesday, I will start on 9.6mg from 10mg. It is a 4% drop and really praying I do alright :) 

Been very very tired recently due to an intestinal flare up. I have been losing more blood than normal - I think because of 2 rounds of antibiotics. I HATE to take them but I was sick for over 5 weeks and fairly desperate to get well and return to work. I've got to be better about taking my probiotics. 

Was reading a blog today a friend of a friend posted. Her husband, only 34 years old, is battling an intense liver cancer that is rapidly spreading. He is in constant pain. They have 3 kids and she is sure they won't see their dad much longer without a miracle. Really put life into perspective for me... I may be chronically battling something too, but I'm not near death with babes that depend on me. Praising God for the health I have and the hope I've been given. 

Hi Megb.

You were on paxil from 2012, 6 years , the second time you come off you CT? How long was the withdrawal before you reinstate?

I started from 10mg paxil in 2015 so it took me 3 years to get to 1drop which I am currently.

Very wise for you to hold after each drop for 4weeks or more, What I did these 3 years for my paxil taper. For that said I'm stuck at 1 drop atm. Have reinstated 2 times because of vertigo/dizziness.

Hope your taper goes well.

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

I only cold-turkeyed the first time in 2012 when i had been on for 3 years. The second time I tapered slowly, or so i thought. It ended up being too fast for me. I had been on paxil for 6 years total when I tapered the second time. 

The withdrawal was really bad for 3 weeks- shaking, horrible insomnia, suicidal thoughts constantly. At 3 weeks I couldn’t stand it and upped from 8mg to 20mg again. Cant remember exactly when I started to feel better. I’d say at least a week but probably a little longer. 

Im sorry you continue to deal with vertigo. You’ve only been able to make one drop so far? How big was the drop?  

Had an emotional, had a fight with my friend, said strong and bitter words.

It's not bad, I can function.

What do you mean by one drop? I made cuts every 4-5 weeks and I'm on one drop Really difficult to get off. Have  with father because I'm covered my health  insurance  through the public health care system. AVOID.

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

You said that you were stuck at one drop at the moment, I was wondering what that drop is. Does that make sense? Do you mean drop like decrease or drop as in a medicine dropper?