If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

megb: 3rd time attempt to get off Paxil

tapering Paxil Paroxetine withdrawal

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#37 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,790 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

"Dont worry the 3-4 years will go really fast."

I found that as my dose reduced I started feeling better and tapering has faded into the background.  When I was doing my first few drops I was watching the calendar keen to do the next drop.  Now I find I don't watch the calendar and a month can go by and I think, wow that went quickly.

Let's Talk Withdrawal    Podcasts - James Moore is looking for people to tell their stories

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 28mg (from 3 March 17)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

#38 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

Lengthening my taper plan also means more and more years on this awful poison. 9 more years is a LONG time... how do I know if the benefits of being on this longer and going at a snails pace means less damage on my brain and body than getting off sooner but not as slow?? A little conflicted about this. What should I do?

Because if you try that you may be bounced back to the start for the fourth time.

You are not going to be tapering for "9 more years" Where are you getting that from.

But yes if you have been taking paxil for 6 yrs and plan to taper for 3 then yeah that will total 9 yrs. So from what i see your tapering plan will only take you 3.2 years to get to 1mg.

You should go as slow as you need to. If that takes 5 years then sobeit that is what slowly is.

Here is a piece ive been reading from Glenmullen recently

He says:

"We assume that withdrawal symptoms do not cause injury to brain cells or to other organ systems. But, since it has not been adequately researched, we do not really know the answer to this question. The question [can antidepressants withdrawal symptoms do any injury to the brain or to other organ systems? ] is often asked by patients with severe symptoms like electric zaps sensations in the brains of disabling withdrawal symptoms. Because we lack a definitive answer, patients should be discouraged from repeatedly "toughing out" severe withdrawal symptoms. Instead, the tapering schedule should be paced so that patients experience mild, tolerable withdrawal symptoms. This provides something of an 'insurance policy' since we do not really know the answer to this important question." Glenmullen 2005.

Boy do i feel bad after reading this cos i 'toughed out' my wdl big time.

I am now redoing my taper plan to include much longer holds on 15mg, 10mg, 5mg, 1mg.

Maybe thats how you intend to get 9 more years.

I dont think you need to hold for a year and a half at each of these doses if thats what you plan.

Just do your drop and wait the 4 weeks if stable then do the next drop if not then hold for a couple more weeks.The cns will tell you what to do.

I think your taper plan is very wise and excellent.

Dont worry the 3-4 years will go really fast.

You may like to consider the Brassmonkey taper.

nz11

NZ, I am taking heed of Mapleleaf girl, who I follow. She wished she would have held doses for much longer periods. I plan to do the same so I don't end up in the awfulness she went through by going 'too fast'. 

It will be 8 years total from now and I don't love that but I also won't go faster just to be done. I use a compounding pharmacy so I won't be tapering small amounts weekly/biweekly like Brass does. I plan to hold 4 months at 15 mg, 6 months at 10 mg, 45 days per dose under 10mg, hold for 6 months at 5mg, 6 months at 1mg, and 6 months at .1mg. It might change as I go on, I will listen to my body for sure!

Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  

Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.

Oct'12-Sep'15: 20mg Paxil

Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 

Mar '16: began taper from 20mg- decreasing .5mg or less each month 

Mar'17: 14mg Paxil, Westhroid (thyroid), fish oil, vit D3, Adrenal support, and Magnesium/Trazodone as needed for anxiety/sleep. Gluten-free & dairy free diet.  

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness. 

#39 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

Sounds like you have a great plan.

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#40 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

An update: 

After a few weeks on 15mg I feel fine. Minor things started when I dropped to 15 from 15.5- experienced a bit of anxiety and some nausea randomly. 

Now I have no anxiety and still random nausea, but super rare. The weird thing is that my appetite has diminished quite a bit. I've lost some weight too, but it is most likely due to my restricted diet... no gluten or dairy is limiting what crap I can put in my mouth :) Yay for some lbs dropping!

I had weird insomnia Sunday night. The night before that I slept soooo long and well. Monday I didn't even feel exhausted even though I only got 3 hours! I was up til 1am reading. Hmm.  It resolved the next night so I am grateful. 

Glad to be holding on 15 until February.

Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  

Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.

Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 

Mar'17: 14mg Paxil, Westhroid (thyroid), fish oil, vit D3, Adrenal support, and Magnesium/Trazodone as needed for anxiety/sleep. Gluten-free & dairy free diet.  

#41 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:53 AM

Just kidding I do have some anxiety :) Spoke too soon. Magnesium Taurate seems to help at night though. 

#42 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

I am still working on my very slow taper, but I had a question about a drop. Do y'all think going from 11mg to 10mg is too large of a drop? My usual taper decreases are by .5mg every 30 days until I get to 10mg. Since I am staying at 10mg for 6 months at least, I thought maybe I would go from 11 to 10mg (a 9% decrease) instead of 11 to 10.5 and then to 10. Basically, I want to cut a month out of my taper. 

thoughts?? I am getting my doses compounded at a pharmacy so it is not something I can switch easily once I decide. Pretty expensive :( I welcome any and all feedback. 

Thanks!!

#43 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts
  • LocationRaglan, New Zealand

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

How have you been handling the 0.5mg drops?  If there's been no trouble, then you would probably be okay with a 9% drop.  But if the 0.5mg drops had already been difficult in any way then I wouldn't suggest increasing the reduction.

Good to hear you are having a 6 month hold.  I recently did an 8 month hold and it made things so much better for me.

2010 May Fluoxetine 20mg. Raging mostly stops, become more functional.
2011 February Escitalopram 10mg (sudden switch). 2012 January Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Early June Feeling great, decide to taper. Doc advises alternate days 20mg/10mg for 4 weeks.  Late June Steady. Drop to 10mg daily. Early July Not coping, raging, flu symptoms, shaky, anxious, low, spaced-out, self-destructive.  Mid July Return to alternate days 20mg/10mg - minimal improvement. Early August Return to full dose 20mg. Lost.
2014 February Switch to Venlafaxine. (First reduced Esc. to 10mg/day for a week) Feb-April Lost, 'light' self-harm, exhausted.
April Increase Ven. to 150mg/day. Dizzy. July 75mg twice a day to improve dizziness. Deep depression remains.  2015 Feb Vigilant dose spacing partially eases dizziness. Mar Switch to Effexor 75mg 2x/day. May Cut 10% to 135mg - bad w/d 2 mths, held 1 mth.  Aug 1.3% cut - bad 1mth, held 1mth. Oct 4 wkly 0.4% cuts held 6 weeks. Jan 2016 2 wkly 0.4% cuts. 8 month hold. Sept Wkly cuts: 0.5%, 3 1% cuts.  Oct 4 wkly 1% cuts, hold 3-4 weeks.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamins E & C, magnesium, iron, MSM, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.  My story of healing: ContinuedHealing

***I am not a doctor or counselor; please do your own research and be prepared to take responsibility for decisions you make.*** 

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

#44 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Hi Karen! Hope you're doing well still! I have been mostly fine with the .5 drops, a few sleepless nights here and there and some anxiety, but nothing to prevent me from functioning. 90% of the time I feel normal and good. Thank you for the advice! I may wait to see how I am feeling after a few more .5 reductions. 

Currently at 15mg for 1 more month, so I have time to make the decision. I'm glad you did an 8 month hold - what amount did you hold on? 

#45 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts
  • LocationRaglan, New Zealand

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

I was (and am) still on quite a high dose.  When I held I had got down to about 85% of my original dose.  Slow, but it's doable. 

It does sound like would cope with the 9% reduction.  I like how careful you are being with the whole process.  This is the way! 

2010 May Fluoxetine 20mg. Raging mostly stops, become more functional.
2011 February Escitalopram 10mg (sudden switch). 2012 January Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Early June Feeling great, decide to taper. Doc advises alternate days 20mg/10mg for 4 weeks.  Late June Steady. Drop to 10mg daily. Early July Not coping, raging, flu symptoms, shaky, anxious, low, spaced-out, self-destructive.  Mid July Return to alternate days 20mg/10mg - minimal improvement. Early August Return to full dose 20mg. Lost.
2014 February Switch to Venlafaxine. (First reduced Esc. to 10mg/day for a week) Feb-April Lost, 'light' self-harm, exhausted.
April Increase Ven. to 150mg/day. Dizzy. July 75mg twice a day to improve dizziness. Deep depression remains.  2015 Feb Vigilant dose spacing partially eases dizziness. Mar Switch to Effexor 75mg 2x/day. May Cut 10% to 135mg - bad w/d 2 mths, held 1 mth.  Aug 1.3% cut - bad 1mth, held 1mth. Oct 4 wkly 0.4% cuts held 6 weeks. Jan 2016 2 wkly 0.4% cuts. 8 month hold. Sept Wkly cuts: 0.5%, 3 1% cuts.  Oct 4 wkly 1% cuts, hold 3-4 weeks.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamins E & C, magnesium, iron, MSM, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.  My story of healing: ContinuedHealing

***I am not a doctor or counselor; please do your own research and be prepared to take responsibility for decisions you make.*** 

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

#46 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

I decided after 4 months on 15mg to drop to 14mg instead of 14.5. It was still significantly less than 10% drop so I felt okay about it. After 2 days in I am having sleep issues and feeling emotional. I resorted back to Trazodone and Ambien for help - I HAVE to go to work. I feel I let myself down but I have to get through this. I am taking lowest possible dose of sleep meds and being very careful. 

I know it usually resolves itself after a week - praying this is the case! Thanks for listening anyone who drops by. 

#47 brassmonkey

brassmonkey

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,380 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

Hi Meg-- I'm sorry to hear that your last drop is hitting you so hard. I found the 14mg to 11mg range to be a bit of a problem with stronger than usual reactions to each drop.  Also taking the entire 10% (9.33% IYC) drop all at once will cause the symptoms to hit very strongly also.  I totally understand having to remain functional during WD, it can be a real challenge. Might I suggest that you consider trying a Brassmonkey Slide. It would involve doing 2.5% drops each week for 4 weeks and then holding an additional 2 weeks. This in effect gives you a 10% drop every 6 weeks and really cuts down the severity of the symptoms.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mg it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.008mg 03-17-2016

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

#48 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

Hey Brass! It isn't too bad and I think is resolving even now. I thought about doing that microtaper, but the thing is I get my medication compounded into doses for any length of time. Cutting pills or liquid is so intimidating. How do you do it??

#49 brassmonkey

brassmonkey

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,380 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

Hi Meg-- I can see that, if you're getting the meds compounded it kinda ties you in.  If things are resolving then that's great.  Maybe you can work out a pattern so you know what to expect and when. I've been cutting the pill the entire taper.  I've done that sort of thing all my life so it's no problem.  As  a research engineer I had to do a lot of measuring and mixing of all sorts of things and be accountable for the numbers and materials.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mg it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

#50 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

Hey meg

Just wanted to agree with what Brass is saying the 14- 11 mg range can be a tricky one to get through.

As i read this i'm reminded of a member 'Junior' who had trouble at 13mg.

Be careful out there.

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#51 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Thank you both for your input! I will be careful to watch during these next few drops. I thought it would only get rougher below 10% but there is much I don't know :) Brass, did you encapsulate your crushed tablet amounts or just take with water? It does cost quite a pretty penny to get meds compounded so I would like to do my own measurements. Also, could y'all take a look at my updated taper plan? I'd love advice! Am trying to figure out how to add an attachment...

#52 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,790 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

Just below the post box there is "More Reply Options".  Click on that then you can "Browse", "Attach This File" and "Add Attachment to Post".

Each member has a set total amount they can upload.  If your file is too big you can convert it to a PDF, or save it as a JPEG.  If your program can't do those there are some free converters online.

Let's Talk Withdrawal    Podcasts - James Moore is looking for people to tell their stories

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 28mg (from 3 March 17)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

#53 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Okay here is my updated taper plan attached - anyone who wants to weigh in is welcome!! Yes, I color coded it :) Pretending it's not the worst thing ever. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  PT.xlsx   16.12KB   5 downloads

#54 brassmonkey

brassmonkey

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,380 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

When I bought my scales I also got a bag of 1000 "0" gel caps. I crush my tablets and weigh out the powder and put it into the gel caps. That way I can make up a week or so doses at one time.  I found the raw powder to taste really nasty, but I have sprinkled it on my morning OJ if I happen to run out of caps.

#55 Miko789

Miko789

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

Hi megb, I read your intro. It's your third attempt to get off paxil. In your 2nd attempt in your signature I noticed you dropped from 18mg to 15mg ,that's 16,6% close to 17% , that is 7% more than the recommended 10% reduction from the previous dose. . I'm on paxil too since Jun 2015 and to let you know I followed the 10% rule in my paxil taper .Now I'm on 1mg after 1,5 years with no withdrawal . I dropped from 10mg to 1mg with no withdrawal because I was very carefull with the drops, Friendly advice do not skip doses and don't look at the calendar 20days,hold on the dose longer if you have to You don't have to hold 4 and 6 months at 15mg and10mg, I hold for 35 days at 3mg, If my english is annoying forgive me as I'm not a native english speaker. Good luck.

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013 Started zyprexa 15mg, Risperdal consta 3,33mg/day for nearly 19months
2015 from March 2015 Taper off risperdal to 1,66mg/day (long acting injection) for 4 months
02/15-started seroxat 10mg/day

03/16  Seroxat 3mg/day, Zyprexa 10mg, Risperdal consta 1,66mg

06/16 Seroxat 3mg/day, Zyprexa 5mg, Risperdal consta 2,5mg

09/16 Seroxat 2,7mg,Zypr. 5mg, Consta 2,5mg

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,Zyprexa 5mg,Risperdal Consta 25mg/every 15days

Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 20th Jan 2017

taking omega 3 fish oil, ashwagandha.and melatonin 1mg

#56 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Thanks Miko, when I did my 2nd attempt I didn't know about the 10% rule. Thank heaven for this group!! Now that I am on my 3rd attempt I am holding longer and decreasing slower. I still plan to do very long holds at certain doses to gauge my progress and let my system stabilize/rest. I think it can be beneficial to let our brains catch up after so much change by tapering. Good luck to you too!

#57 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Note to self: dropping 1 mg from 15 to 14 took a little while longer to resolve than a .5 drop. Had to go back on sleep meds :( Trying my best to use as little as possible. Instead of dropping from 14 to 13 as I planned, I am doing 13.5 for 50 days to stabilize and care for myself. Hopefully that will be better!! Fingers crossed. These guessing games are not fun but a reminder to all that we are trying our best and it will eventually end. 

WE CAN DO THIS. #warriors

#58 Survivor1

Survivor1

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

MegB,

Be careful about adding trazodone.  You may have to taper off it if used frequently enough.  Nip it in the bud while you can.

Klonopin: June 2014 - Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, withdrawal hellish

Naturethroid: 65 mcg

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 25 mg alternate nights; July 25-30, 12mg most nights; Sept 1-12, no more than 10 mg for 7 nights. D/C Sept 12.  Severe wd., Dec 7  reinstate 2 mg, Dec 15 updosed to 5mg (not 10 mg as in post dated 12/12)

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d Sx after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25 25 mg; 08/03 50mg;  10/01 62mg.

Mirtazepine: Nov 14 -17,2016 2.5mg; Nov 18-26 1.5mg to fight sedation; Nov 27-Dec 3  2.0 mg, Dec 4 updosed to 2.5, Dec 12 down to 2 mg again because of suspected serotonin syndrome (false alarm), upped again to 2.4 mg Dec 19 since withdrawal was fiercer than ever.

Supplements: Restarted fish oil and Mg 200mg 02/01/17

Synopsis:   Psych meds as of 12/19/2016 - Seroquel 5mg; Mirtazepine 2.4mg, Trazodone 62.5mg

#59 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Survivor, thanks! I have been taking it for some time so I will indeed have to taper it. Not looking forward to it but only on 12.5mg so hopefully not too bad...

#60 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

I plan to politely harass GSK (creators of Paxil/paroxetine) on Twitter which I joined solely to do so :) Follow me at Off2theLuWithYa

I'm going down to 13.5mg this Friday - wish me luck!! I will stay there for 50 days to stabilize. Decided not to do a full 1mg drop again since it took a bit of time to recover. 

#61 SkyBlue

SkyBlue

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, U.S.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Good luck, Meg, and let us know how it goes! 

Long story short: After 18 years on Paxil, "tapered" in July 2015 from 20 to 10 to 5 mg in a month, at doctor's advice. = Essentially a cold-turkey.

*Current*: March: 0.82 mg Paxil. Jan 1:  .88 mg, baby!! …. August 31: Less than 1mg Paxil! ... July 30: 1 mg Paxil! ! ! And 100 mg Zoloft unfortunately!!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Paxil since 1996--anxiety & depression likely caused by (then-undiagnosed) under-eating / eating disorder. 

Rapid "taper" July 2015 and started Zoloft as a "cross-taper". Feb 2016: Found SA!! As of June 2016: Doing 2% cuts (Brassmonkey Slide!). 

Now: fish oil, magnesium; protein; exercise; healthy fats; acupuncture, meditation, & a new doctor.  I am in recovery from an eating disorder!!!  ***Have you had a sleep study?***    *Feel free to message me if I don't respond to a forum thread.* 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tapering, Paxil, Paroxetine, withdrawal