"The Truth About Cancer" , watch for free

Fresh

• Moderator Emeritus

Episode 1: The True History of Chemotherapy and The Pharmceutical Monopoly

avaiable via facebook for the next 15 (?) hours

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/agq/episode-1/#

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks Fresh, you're aces!

One of the biggest detriments to success for the people who find this board is their absolute belief in doctors and medicine. Every time I read a thread of someone who is taking the advice of their 'doctor' over the experience (dreadful though it is) of their peers here in the trenches, I know there's a big chance that not only will they NOT be successful in becoming drug free but that they may suffer further damage. Not everyone is cut out for this, you have to be a special person to endure the suffering this entails. I always think of one of our mods, GiaK, who, can you believe it, was bedridden for what, 2 years? after coming off these drugs. (You may know her better as Monica Cassani of beyondmeds.com but she still uses her pseudonym here.) Look at how much 'modern medicine' helped her, darn near killed her. Think she'll ever take another pill again? Read her blog.

You see it too by how many people ask 'should I take this or that drug that my doctor wants me to take?'

Uh, no. Just Say No.

How many experiences does one have to read about the 'treatment being worse than the cure' does one need to be convinced the DRUGS are not always the best way? I know there are exceptions, but I am talking about the main thrust of 'doctoring', which is what this docu is all about. Oh my, I never even heard of the Flexner report, they seem to have omitted that in my nursing school education.

Ya might know it all started with a buncha rich guys wanting to get richer. But they're dead now, the foockers. I wonder how many of their descendants have suffered because of their greed? 'The LOVE of money IS the root of all evil' and we are the innocent victims of their greed.

Bah!

Stop eating pills, people.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I am making a separate post about something I just remembered from my early, short nursing career, so as not to dilute the thrust of my message above.

I answered an ad a long time ago to do cholesterol screening at a local supermarket , I think it was. Easy to do, easy money, and at that time you had to be an RN because it involved sticking people in the fingers, oh ew.

We were told it was the beginning of a larger program of screenings and a new condition was going to be screened for every year. I never remembered, after the year was over, it they actually screened for other things after that, I probably moved on (my short attention span you know, I am easily bored doing the same thing over and over). I don't think they did.

As I look back on that experience I see now that the main thrust was to get people to go to their doctors to be treated, often with medication. But the problem is, cholesterol is manufactured in the body and some people have a higher level than others AND it has never been conclusively proven (afaik) that high cholesterol contributes to strokes and heart attacks and that the corollary is equally true that a low cholesterol lessens the risk you'll have a coronary or stroke.

But plenty of people get sick from taking those exotic drugs and the pharms (who are the stockholders and CEOs, not the workers) just get richer.

People with more money have better health care and it may very well be possible that they take more drugs too. If their money is coming from pharmaceutical company stock dividends, well then they are a victim of their own system of generating wealth. Weird when you think of it that way, huh?

/soapbox rant

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Actually CW, she posted this on her website and I totally agree with her.

https://beyondmeds.com/2013/02/24/dogma-anti-meds/

I love this exert:

"I don’t think anyone should be chastised nor feel chastised for doing what they need to do to survive. Dogma is dogma whether it’s passed on by psychiatrists telling you you must take drugs for the rest of your life or from anti-med folks telling you you can’t take one dose of drug to save your butt from dangerous sleeplessness. When I was taking micro-doses I even took them daily for several months before that became unnecessary."

And I will go out on a limb even further to say if someone feels they need to go back on meds, they shouldn't be condemned for it as long as they are aware of the risks.

Regarding chemotherapy, I have no idea what I would do if god forbid I got cancer.   I greatly fear I would get all the "fun" side effects that would completely destroy my quality of life.

But I know someone who has lived 15 years with cancer thanks to chemotherapy and she lives a very active life and is now enjoying her grandchild.   So I am not going to condemn it as long as someone is fully informed about the choice they are making.

Please understand that I seem to be quite intolerant of meds and definitely plan to avoid them if I can.  Heck, I got unheard of side effects from IV Sedation for dental surgery for crying out loud.   As a result, I plan to have my colonoscopy with Propofol because I haven't had any problems with that so far.

And statins?  H-ll would freeze over before I ever took one.

And if I am diagnosed with bone loss as I expect I will be, I will be doing it through supplements as I am not touching the bone drugs.

But what is right for me may not be right for someone else and I feel I need to respect that.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Good for you, CS! I was sure I could count on you to weigh in and keep me straight.

I do believe, however, that from reading the above, that she is disaffected with western allopathic medicine.

People take 'drugs' because of their belief in them, which is certainly reinforced every minute of the day in TV advertising. I know this because I have to listen to my mom's TV ALL DAY LONG.

'Natural methods' take too long and you get panicky because YOU WANT RESULTS NOW. You have to use a natural method for a very long time to determine if it will work and since those methods can't be patented, they aren't studied and no clear directions for their use are extant.

I am anti drug and proud of it in case you have not figured that out. BUT:

Here's the thing. I WOULD NEVER ADVISE SOMEONE TO STOP TAKING ANY DRUG, ESPECIALLY A PSYCHOACTIVE ONE, WITHOUT CAREFUL CONSIDERATION OF WHAT IS REQUIRED.

Why? Because if you try and you become very ill from what will surely happen (withdrawal syndrome) you run the very great risk of dying, usually by your own hand. This is serious business and not for the faint of heart. Not everyone survives and is successful. At one time I had to hide all the knives in my kitchen because they were 'talking' to me and saying bad things...... it gets THAT bad.

Proud of it, I tell you and unless something drastic happens (like I am tied down and forced) I will live out the rest of my life without their magical help. There are some exceptions, like dental numbing and if I ever require surgery, well we'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I might just opt to die instead. There's no law that says I MUST submit to medical care afaik. I survived wd syndrome, went to hell and back, with only 2 substances to fight the symptoms: lactium and magnesium. If Jemima had not clued me into the fact I was possibly hurting myself because of TOO MUCH mag, I'd still be sick.

I use heat and cold for aches and pains and food when I feel bad.

Works for me. Like I said, I am anti drug. No need to remind me that others aren't. I leave it up to each individual to make their own choice now.

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/agq/episode-3/

Episode 3 starting in less than 50 min. You can queue up at the link and it will start automatically. Link to Ep 2 is in the fb page,

Getting back to the original topic which I was guilty of deviating from, the problem is if you reject chemotherapy as a solution for cancer, than what is the alternative?   Go see a naturopath?   Hmm, I don't have any faith in these folks either or most alternative professionals.

At least with the issue of osteoporosis, I was able to read through a bunch of what I felt were really intelligent posts on the subject on the Inspire.com website and come to a conclusion as to supplements that I feel will be helpful vs. taking bone drugs that I am sure my doctor will prescribe if my fears about having it are correct.  

But figuring out what viable alternative cancer treatments exist is a whole other ballgame because it is a life and death issue.    How would one decipher what may be helpful vs. what is a hoax? 

A good start is exposure to the 'other side of the coin' that these videos represent. Many people don't know there are other ways of treating disease.

Then you have to do some research on the ideas and treatments people in the videos (and on many other websites) and see if any of those make sense and then make the best decision you can and go for it. There's a lot of cr@p in the alt med world too, people out to make a quick buck on spurious supplement concoctions (Truehope comes to mind) so one has to read some of this stuff with a jaundiced eye. One way to get a feel is look at the money trail..... at this point I have not figured out Ty Bollinger's angle in providing these videos. He sure traveled far and wide and found an impressive group of people to interview. He is offering the videos for sale at only a modest price, how is he (or has he) paying off all that $$?

One thing that came to mind while thinking about how to answer this is something I found while researching magnesium. My memory is a bit spotty as I cannot remember the condition but these people were treating some heart arrhythmia with very high doses of mag and they developed a way of making a super mag solution. If I come across it (maybe I bookmarked it) I'll come back and provide a link.

Right now I am off to do battle at the post office.

It is just not easy, for as you see the medical establishment has successfully quashed any tendency for people to have any belief in homeopathic medicine, it is all geared toward the obscene profits 'patent medicine' produces. Even I, in my own mind, tend to discount a lot of this stuff as 'quackery' and I have to watch my shoot-first-ask-questions-later responses to some of this stuff. I have too much grounding in the 'scientific method'. We only learn by having the courage to try things ourselves at some point. Be our own scientists. Heck, there are a whole cohort of people doing just that right here on this website. All acting outside AMA.

We all kinda accepted the meds our docs gave us without much question, didn't we? Look where that got us. Iatrogenic injury, lifelong disability, a form of PTSD from even LIVING through wd syndrome, and they accept absolutely no responsibility for it, both the pharms and the docs. For the most part, we are not even believed.

Surveys of MDs reveal they, almost to a man/woman, refuse to submit to being coded (resuscitated). You wanna try ripping your doc's shirt next time you are in the office and see if his med alert necklace says 'DNR'? Or maybe just ask him/her. The current (according to recent reading) survival rate for people who undergo cardiac resuscitation is only around 2%. The video reports most oncologists won't touch the stuff they are dishing out.

How would one decipher what may be helpful vs. what is a hoax?

Did you do this when you were prescribed all those meds? I know I didn't. Swallowed the whole thing hook line and sinker. You have to research it and pay attention to who the sources of the research are. Can we trust the current crop of research institutions (with all the shenanigans going on) to give us the real skinny? What happened to 'primum non nocere'? Now it is 'primum non nocere unless I can make a lot of bucks on it and not get caught'.

One thing this whole experience has taught me is I will now have to find out if there are 'natural' non drug ways of treating whatever may ail me from here on in. Of course I might draw the line at something like 'intractable diabetes' but who knows? Maybe I will just take that as my way of cashing in my chips. Insulin replacement does not 'cure' the condition, it just allows you to live with it but not without problems.

Queueing for ep 4, starts 9p EST.

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/agq/episode-4/

Note for CS: I could not find the actual discussion board where I read about magnesium and heart arrythmia but a few clues from my trawling google emerged:

The super saturated magnesium solution is called 'Waller Water' and is made using milk of magnesia. The condion it treats is 'atrial fibrillation'. Just reading those few links something else caught my eye: mag is also helpful for bone density. Here's a link to bone info on one of the sites: http://afibbers.org/magnesium.html#bone

We very probably HAVE to supplement certain minerals because modern factory farming methods aren't really producing the best food from the soil nowadays. But in this subject are wide variations on the proper amount of mag to supplement for general health or to prevent some disease conditions. I had been taking 600-800mg in mag citrate form every day to keep palpitations at bay and as a pain relief for painful tendon sheaths in my elbows and especially the backs of my knees, and I was feeling a peculiar all-over body ache I likened to feeling like my body had been dropped out of an airplane and smashed on the ground. Bringing my mag intake down to 300 mg per day stopped all that, it was weird.

But because of recent events I am back to sitting in the chair too much and the backs of my knees are screaming again so I need to get the mag on.

We probably have to become our own doctors all over again since modern medicine with its quest for mega profit seems bent on destroying us.

Here's a link to another site on magnesium:   http://www.mgwater.com/

Thanks CW.

Unfortunately, I have a horrible time with magnesium, even when I take very small amounts.   What I am going to have to do is start with a drop of magnesium oil and work up very slowly.  This seems to be an important part of the osteoporosis equation and the magwater site you listed has some links on this issue.   So I can't not take it and it is hard to get diet wise.

Agree it is sad we have to be our own doctors.

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/agq/episode-5/   is queueing now.

For future episodes, use the base link and change the trailing number to the one you wish to view:

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/agq/episode-5/

Thanks CW.

Unfortunately, I have a horrible time with magnesium, even when I take very small amounts.   What I am going to have to do is start with a drop of magnesium oil and work up very slowly.  This seems to be an important part of the osteoporosis equation and the magwater site you listed has some links on this issue.   So I can't not take it and it is hard to get diet wise.

Agree it is sad we have to be our own doctors.

I have trouble with mag to grind up a capsule and drop a bit in my water during the day there is an article on here long ago I am afraid about Vit D reactions caused by low mag... thought maybe if I get my mag up I will stop reacting to vit D badly... any...who all that aside cause I was going to bed an hour ago and got side tracked by my own nonsense which I am about to share with you here....

(only cause I read this post last before I left to go to bed only to check one more site)

this one

.Last but not least, Terramin, famous for the research conducted on the mineral by NASA. And YES, we have verified that it IS true that daily supplementation with calcium bentonite in fact CAN REVERSE osteoporosis

from this site 

http://www.eytonsearth.org/drinking-clay-internal-use.php

Maybe I am finally ready to do some weird things like eat clay.... a couple of years ago it was suggested to me at the topix site by a person who said it worked... today I looked it up for other reasons. 

peace ladies and good night

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Thanks BTDT.   Unfortunately, I am having trouble understanding the information on the websites of the links you provided and my rule is that when that situation occurs,  I move on.  I am confident if I stick with my strategy of going very slow with the magnesium oil, I can work up to a good dose.

NASA scientists decided to embark on an extensive study of this powerful ionic mineral clay as an effective osteoporosis calcium supplement.

searching more about that would maybe result in something the thing with mag is 

"Magnesium could similarly reduce the bioavailability of silica by forming .."

if you were to read back if it could be found on how ADs damage our bones the supposed cure was beer... ya cause it had silica or I thought at the time it was called silicone.... will take a look... seems it is the same thing

"One of the things your body needs is silicon, often referred to as silica. ... I go over magnesium and how it assists in bone health in more depth in the Save Our Bones"

There is more to our bone health than we see at first glance one day I may take it on but not today peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I might as well finish this thread off for myself and how I received the information in this video series.

Unfortunately, the only new thing I may have learned was of the existence of that 'Flexner report' and now that I have a link I can read it and see if that is actually what caused medicine nowadays to be pharma based.

I missed viewing Ep 2 though I saved it from the youtube link , have saved all but 2 showings and may never watch them, busy doing other things. I had an inkling it (my email advance notices of the viewings) was going to end with a solicitation for purchase and indeed it has. When the advance emails came for Ep 3 I knew there was probably a lot of bunkum mixed in with a particular slant on things geared to only alt med stuff and trying to discount or discredit medical treatments with a lot of personal 'testimonies'. I have since started researching what others on the web have to say about the whole thing and the producer Ty himself, a lot of ad hominem attacks are the norm (thinly veiled though some may be).

Not interested in purchasing the series and tired of the 3 and 4 a day emails trying to generate enthusiasm for the showings. I unsubscribed this morning and not even a half hour later got another solicitation email. So it appears they aren't interested in honoring unsubs. No matter, they have my junk email addy anyway.

I stopped watching when the promo for Ep 3 warned me I should make an appointment to see my dentist post haste. That thing about amalgam fillings and mercury toxicity. Lots of affiliate marketing afoot here. Get in line, make your own videos. It is so hard to get honest research about all of these claims anyway. Just like it was not easy to get the truth about antidepressants.

So watch them for your own edification or entertainment, whichever happens to come first. All this information is available all over the internet anyway.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just what I have studied today - I have watched parts of Truth About Cancer (and similar docos) - and while most of these views presented below are in lock step with the medical corporate industry which I believe does great harm - I do believe that more improvements have been made in treatment than "Truth About Cancer" gives credit for.    

The Truth About Cancer gives an extremely one sided view of the cancer industry (yes, it's a business first, and a healing protocol second), but it is a view that would be sneered at in a doctor's office.  Having been sneered at by doctors for my views on antidepressants, pharmacology, and radiology - you would think that might put me in alignment with "Truth About Cancer," but - the number of people "cured" by TAC protocols (Rife machines, vegetable juice, etc.) don't have near the number of survivors as modern medicine - on this count.

Here's an example of the bent in the program:  "Oncologists would Refuse Chemo for themselves," explained in this article as UNTRUE, the 1985 survey included a specific, highly toxic, largely ineffective treatment for lung cancer.  Other surveys contradict this:  https://anaximperator.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/do-75-of-doctors-refuse-chemotherapy-on-themselves/

I've seen more than a few who suffered under "Western" protocols, but would have died (they are still suffering, and still alive), and a few who declined very quickly upon rejecting Western protocols.  It is an individual choice.  Think of the children, spouse, loved ones, when you make your choices.

So for a more balanced perspective (the truth probably lies somewhere in between):

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-truth-about-cancer-series-is-untruthful-about-cancer/

Just a little too mainstream for my tastes - does not acknowledge the corruption of medicine by pharma

But does demonstrate the one-sided view of "truth about cancer"

Comments are telling

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/chemotherapy-doesnt-work/

Does not acknowledge that the purpose of screening is to create patients.  But apart from that, an excellent analysis of types of chemo, types of cancer, and discussion of differing rates depending upon these.

Excellent article explaining how cancer & chemo work:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/takeonestep/cancer/interviews-demetri.html

After reading these articles today, if I (or hubby) got a cancer diagnosis (again, for him), I would look up the cancer type (if you can know that - sometimes - that's not possible until surgery) and check on the specific type of chemo.

I would probably pursue both Western and Natural protocols, if I want to live (if my quality of life is gone, that's another matter - but - I have so much I want to do before I die, as it stands right now!).  Cover my ass, adjust my diet, stop feeding the cancer, strangle it if I can, pursue meaningful things to heal.  Pray.  All of the above.

For most types, I would consider chemo.  There are a few where I might not - but I'm far beyond the stage where I will swallow any one viewpoint whole.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy