If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

triplem15: Weaning Bupropion

Wellbutrin bupropion

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#145 triplem15

triplem15

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAppleton , WI.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:50 AM

Thank you ShakeyJerr. Thank you for your response. I know precisely the difference, it is just so angering that this is legal. You know, it is my belief that MOST people have no idea of this truth. If in truth, people were educated and the truth was set before them at the time they opted for and filled their script, how many might choose or have chosen differently. I know I would have. It is as you say, we are choosing withdrawal. Though the process is long and difficult, the hope is for freedom and restoration. I know many individuals who are on and have no intention of ever coming off. I simply long for those of us who want to be healed and set free, to BE healed and set free!!!!
I do take Flonase,also take Zyrtec on and off. Maybe twice per week. I am on Vit. C, B-complex, Vit. D, selenium, Vit E, fish oil, and l-lysine and thats it. No street drugs. No alcohol. 9/2006 Welbutrin XL 150mg, Began Weaning June 15, 2015, Alternating days, changed each mos. Oct 2015 switch to Immediate release 37.5mg. mid october 2015 down to 18.75, (9.37mg twice daily. stayed there one mos.) Dec 2015 down to 9.37mg in AM and 7mg in PM, January 2016 down to 7mg AM and 4.6mg in PM. 4/5/16 cut down what I thought was 2.5 to 3mg. From 4/16/16 until yesterday, was not doing well. 4/20/16, 37.5mg yesterday for first time. 4/21/16 Two days now on 37.5mg. 4/22/16 took monitors advise and dropped dose to 18.75, split dose ,twice daily, now holding.

#146 ShakeyJerr

ShakeyJerr

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:56 AM

Freedom is definitely what we need!

In my case, I resisted going on medications for a long time. Then I read the book "listening to Prozac." The psychiatrist-author said he was against medications for the longest time until he studied Prozac and found it to be helpful. That convinced me to give in to my doctors and say okay. This was almost 20 years ago, and I didn't think to do any further research. Of course, there probably wasn't much information online back then like we have access to now.

I had to come off of the meds. I knew it was negatively impacting my personality. My marriage was in shambles from the angry, rage-filled person I was. And I thought about just wanting to die a lot. As soon as I started my (non-scientific/poorly done) taper, my mood got better and my marriage began healing. Though now I kind of wished I had stayed on a minimum dose (Effexor 75mg). Maybe I could have been in a sweet spot and avoided all of this pain.

SJ

Link to my intro/main thread: http://survivinganti...jerr-say-hello/

Med History
Dates are tentative (my memory is shot)...

Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003 (I don't remember the dosages). Went off but developed symptoms so put back on after 4 months.

Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) some time in 2010 (I think). Did a self-taper during 2016 after losing insurance. Been off since around the beginning of 2017.

Developed Discontinuation Syndrome beginning with uncontrolled/unexplained crying in 02/17.

Moved on to full-blow symptoms from there. Been really bad since late 03/17.

#147 triplem15

triplem15

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAppleton , WI.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

SJ, we are going to heal!!! The hard part for me is the acute slowness of the process. My mind knows that I cannot expect my CNS to just adjust after 8.5 YEARS on the drug, but my heart would like it to do so as of yesterday. In the past year at steady small RI dose, I have seen positive healing all be it at SLOTH pace slow. It is as so many who have gone before us have said, the passage THROUGH is hard and slow, yet they have gone through and they are our great cloud of witnesses. Healing awaits us too. Timeline, who knows, but it is there for each of us. Three deep breaths with exhales and forward we go. A friend here on the site said to me, "maybe the slowness is the bodies natural way to ensure that we don't get too ahead of ourselves and our healing?" Perhaps this is very true. There is so much learning that is occurring in the process. SJ, we will walk this 1000 mile treck, one step at a time , one moment at a time. (((( hugs)))). Jamie
I do take Flonase,also take Zyrtec on and off. Maybe twice per week. I am on Vit. C, B-complex, Vit. D, selenium, Vit E, fish oil, and l-lysine and thats it. No street drugs. No alcohol. 9/2006 Welbutrin XL 150mg, Began Weaning June 15, 2015, Alternating days, changed each mos. Oct 2015 switch to Immediate release 37.5mg. mid october 2015 down to 18.75, (9.37mg twice daily. stayed there one mos.) Dec 2015 down to 9.37mg in AM and 7mg in PM, January 2016 down to 7mg AM and 4.6mg in PM. 4/5/16 cut down what I thought was 2.5 to 3mg. From 4/16/16 until yesterday, was not doing well. 4/20/16, 37.5mg yesterday for first time. 4/21/16 Two days now on 37.5mg. 4/22/16 took monitors advise and dropped dose to 18.75, split dose ,twice daily, now holding.

#148 triplem15

triplem15

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAppleton , WI.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:14 AM

SJ, by the way, Read Hudgens success story if you haven't already. He was on one antidepressant or another for 20 years. His last being Effexor. This fall will be three years off for him. He did an almost four year taper, he is fully recovered. For those of us that tapered too quickly, yes, we can look forward to healing too, there are several success stories on this site.

#149 ShakeyJerr

ShakeyJerr

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for all of your great words, triplem - they help immensely, Though right super-horrible. I ended up taking a tylenol pm because my back hurt and the benadryl in it is like using hydroxyzine, which my doc gave me for when symptoms get really bad. I think it may have been a bad idea. It made my body feel all "floating" in a bad way, like it was about to turn off and I would die (which, by the way, the hydroxyzine sometimes makes me feel like, especially it and lay down... stupid me to do the same thing with the benadryl). So I got up out of bed to force myself to be moving around. I'm at my wits end.

I feel like God is not listening or helping. I know that is not true, but it is how I am feeling. This has been the worst withdrawal day so far over the months.

SJ

Med History

Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003 (I don't remember the dosages). Went off but developed symptoms so put back on after 4 months.

Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) some time in 2010 (I think). Did a self-taper during 2016 after losing insurance. Been off since around the beginning of 2017.

Developed Discontinuation Syndrome beginning with uncontrolled/unexplained crying in 02/17.

#150 MNgal1960

MNgal1960

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Hello MMM and SJ. I just came by to say hi and wish you both well. I am on the benzo board and actually don't post much, but I do read. I think you are both very courageous people!

MN

2005-2006 Rapid taper off of Zoloft. Horrible but survived. Adverse drug reaction to Prozac.

2010-2013 Night panics. All typical sleep aids failed. Diagnosed with complex PTSD.

2013-present: Valium (5mg x 3) prescribed by pro-benzo doctor. Helped me sleep for awhile. Then sleep began to get worse again.

Nov. 2014 Switched doctors. New doctor was anti-benzo but thought a 3-month taper was a slow taper. Failed and reinstated. Added 25mg Seroquel for sleep.

March 2016 Reduced gabapentin by 20% by accident and backed up again. (Was trying to feel less sedated.) Reduced again more slowly to 200+200+300.

October 2016 Liquefied one V tablet. Neuropathy back immediately. Waiting to liquefy another.

November 2016 All 3 tablets now dissolved. I think the windows are getting a little more frequent but they don't last long. Sleep poor.

January 2017 Felt stable enough to try daily microtaper. Started at 3% and inched up to almost 10%. Became very unstable. Terrors back. Neuropathy back.

February 2017 Holding again. Slow improvements.

March 2017 Neuropathy back to tolerable. Making very tiny cuts, about 3%/month.

April 2017 Hold. Lot of stress. Anxiety high and sleep terrible.

May 2017 Trying 1% cuts once/week of the V.

#151 ShakeyJerr

ShakeyJerr

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:46 AM

Hello MMM and SJ. I just came by to say hi and wish you both well. I am on the benzo board and actually don't post much, but I do read. I think you are both very courageous people!

MN

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am drawing my courage from God, my wife, my daughter, my friends and prayer partners, and the people here on SA.

We are in this together! We will heal!

SJ

Med History

#152 triplem15

triplem15

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAppleton , WI.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

Hello all, I have what might seem like an odd question, had anyone gone out on a boat in the midst of waves and windows, and had a setback because of it due to the motion???

#153 Aully

Aully

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLoma Linda, CA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:43 AM

Hey I've been on 300mg Wellbutrin XL for almost the same amount of time. I tried quitting roughly 5 years ago when I was on 150mg/day. After 6 months of tapering down to 75mg I basically gave up. Then within the next 2 years depression got so severe that I was brought back to 150, then 200 then 300 all in 3-6 month intervals back to 300 where I'm currently at now.

One thing about Wellbutrin is that the GENERIC DOESNT WORK. I get all the horrible side effects when I take the generic. Brand name only for me. I KNOW my body and the generic doesn't work. It works for about 4-6 hours only if it's the Watson SR version but got to take 2x a day. Other then that nothing else works.

Good luck with your withdrawal. I'm still not ready to drop the Wellbutrin yet as my life is relatively stable and I'd like to try and keep it that way. Hope things go well and I'll be reading and observing how it goes for you. Seeing stories like this online makes me feel I'm not the only person that I know going through this struggle.
Current daily meds:
Wellbutrin 300mg XL (BRAND-NAME ONLY) - 7 years
Trazodone 50mg - 7 years
Vyvanse 70mg - been on it since it came out, adderall 30 before.
Ritalin 10mg IR - 3 years

On hand: Valium 10mg (rarely take only for panic attacks 1-2x month or less).
Xanex 0.25mg (only for those rare moments - shorter duration)

WD history : lexapro 7 years ago, Ativan 5 years ago.

#154 MNgal1960

MNgal1960

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

Triple, I get a setback if I drive on the freeway (world moving too fast) or try to mow the lawn (vibrations and noise), so I would say a boat could give you a setback!

MN

2005-2006 Rapid taper off of Zoloft. Horrible but survived. Adverse drug reaction to Prozac.

2010-2013 Night panics. All typical sleep aids failed. Diagnosed with complex PTSD.

2013-present: Valium (5mg x 3) prescribed by pro-benzo doctor. Helped me sleep for awhile. Then sleep began to get worse again.

Nov. 2014 Switched doctors. New doctor was anti-benzo but thought a 3-month taper was a slow taper. Failed and reinstated. Added 25mg Seroquel for sleep.

March 2016 Reduced gabapentin by 20% by accident and backed up again. (Was trying to feel less sedated.) Reduced again more slowly to 200+200+300.

October 2016 Liquefied one V tablet. Neuropathy back immediately. Waiting to liquefy another.

November 2016 All 3 tablets now dissolved. I think the windows are getting a little more frequent but they don't last long. Sleep poor.

January 2017 Felt stable enough to try daily microtaper. Started at 3% and inched up to almost 10%. Became very unstable. Terrors back. Neuropathy back.

February 2017 Holding again. Slow improvements.

March 2017 Neuropathy back to tolerable. Making very tiny cuts, about 3%/month.

April 2017 Hold. Lot of stress. Anxiety high and sleep terrible.

May 2017 Trying 1% cuts once/week of the V.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wellbutrin, bupropion