Prohealer: Hello, peoples opinions on my situation?

Prohealer

• Moderator Emeritus

Everyone arrives in their own time, but it is true that focusing on the bad and catastrophising keeps makes things worse, longer.  Seems like those on here who have come to Acceptance end up feeling better sooner.  Those who struggle and fight end up feeling depressed on top of it all, unable to see the good fortune in their lives relative to others like my friend's friend.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3533-acceptance/

Another story.  My husband had neck surgery, two levels of fusion, the day before 9/11.  After the surgery he was is so much pain and said he wished he'd never had the surgery because he hurt more now than before!  Time went by and it dawned on me that he wasn't complaining of the pain much anymore.  I asked him about it.  He said yes, he still hurts, but he discovered that the more he focused on it the worse he hurt!  So, some biofeedback, accepting and allowing himself to be distracted from it made it more tolerable.  15 years later and he hardly uses NSAIDs and has not gone for more surgery even though he was told that was in his future.  I met a young guy today who has had THREE of those surgeries and is lined up for his 4th!  He's probably not even 30!

Ok, 'nuff said - you can do this!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prohealer

• SquirrellyGirl

• savinggrace

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

So lately some of my wd symptoms seem to be exacerbated. I think it's been mainly down to stress, about a week ago I had a meltdown one night and got overtired due to the feeling of everything getting on top of me, ever since iv'e felt an indescribable feeling of intense agitation/dystonia, idk but I just feel really fragile and i find it easy to get startled and this makes my neck feel stiff and my head dizzy (My guess would be an unbalanced HPA). Iv'e taken the week off college and I might have to stop playing games as they arent helping.

I have an operation coming up to remove an ingrown nail which iv'e been holding off for months now due to my distrust of doctors. This and other disabling symptoms are making things hard for me.

Despite this though iv'e been feeling quite hopeful and cheery. After my op I have a few challenges for myself, first being an 8 week mindfulness "course" done at home.

2009: Put on Fluoxetine (20mg) and Risperdal (0.5mg) for OCD. Dose was increased a few weeks later to 40mg Fluoxetine and 1mg Risperdal.

2011: Began experiencing Depersonalisation and Visual Snow, general loss of energy and breast growth. Was kept on 40mg Fluoxetine until Late Dec 2015. Risperdal dosage varied and was kept on 0.5mg for a long while before Nov 2015.

Early Sep 2015: Began having symptoms of extreme anxiety, psychosis and hot flushes due to mixing illegal drugs.

Late Nov 2015: Psych doc raised Risperdal to 8mg. Began having severe and hellish Akathisia. Was kept being given Diazepam to cope.

Early Dec 2015: Began seeing a new psych doc who tapered me off Risperdal over a period of a few weeks and put me onto Quetiapine.

Late Dec 2015: Quick tapered off of everything due to little guidance.

Mid March 2016: Reinstated Fluoxetine (5mg), dose was increased to 10mg a couple of weeks later. Gave me restless legs and stopped taking immediately (RLS was unbearable).

10 May 2016: Unsuccessful Fluoxetine reinstatement at 1mg. Drug free since May 2016.

Diet (When Able): Low carb and sugar, high fat & dark greens. medium protein and fruit. Taking 100mg magnesium, 1000mg omega 3, 0.25mg Melatonin daily,. Drinking at least one mug of chamomile a day. Weekly Light exercise. Meditating daily and practising mindfulness.

"Come back to square one, just the minimum bare bones. Relaxing with the present moment, relaxing with hopelessness, relaxing with death, not resisting the fact that things end, that things pass, that things have no lasting substance, that everything is changing all the time—that is the basic message." – Pema Chodron

Im finding the bingeing and sleeping parts really hard.. Any suggestions on building upon my self discipline?

2009: Put on Fluoxetine (20mg) and Risperdal (0.5mg) for OCD. Dose was increased a few weeks later to 40mg Fluoxetine and 1mg Risperdal.

2011: Began experiencing Depersonalisation and Visual Snow, general loss of energy and breast growth. Was kept on 40mg Fluoxetine until Late Dec 2015. Risperdal dosage varied and was kept on 0.5mg for a long while before Nov 2015.

Early Sep 2015: Began having symptoms of extreme anxiety, psychosis and hot flushes due to mixing illegal drugs.

Late Nov 2015: Psych doc raised Risperdal to 8mg. Began having severe and hellish Akathisia. Was kept being given Diazepam to cope.

Early Dec 2015: Began seeing a new psych doc who tapered me off Risperdal over a period of a few weeks and put me onto Quetiapine.

Mid March 2016: Reinstated Fluoxetine (5mg), dose was increased to 10mg a couple of weeks later. Gave me restless legs and stopped taking immediately (RLS was unbearable).

10 May 2016: Unsuccessful Fluoxetine reinstatement at 1mg. Drug free since May 2016.

Diet (When Able): Low carb and sugar, high fat & dark greens. medium protein and fruit. Taking 100mg magnesium, 1000mg omega 3, 0.25mg Melatonin daily,. Drinking at least one mug of chamomile a day. Weekly Light exercise. Meditating daily and practising mindfulness.

"Come back to square one, just the minimum bare bones. Relaxing with the present moment, relaxing with hopelessness, relaxing with death, not resisting the fact that things end, that things pass, that things have no lasting substance, that everything is changing all the time—that is the basic message." – Pema Chodron

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post to your Introduction topic so that all your information is in one place.

Appetite changes and changes in eating are known withdrawal symptoms. Members have posted about bingeing in this topic about appetite and weight changes.

Have you looked at this topic? If so, which tips have you tried?
Tips to help sleep

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Sorry and thank you for sharing these with me.

Ive breifly looked at some of the tips before. I know i need to stick to going to bed at around 10 and waking up at sunrise and i need to have the tv off but i find it hard when it comforts me. Sometimes i get caught up late listening to music and browsing my laptop.

Right now though i often use lavender oil and a glass of milk or mug of camomile if i really cannot sleep. Im not one to take supplements like melatonin but the bioactive milk peptides look interesting.

Ill be trying to control myself a little better starting today though. Ive put my computer away out of sight.

Just hit a real low again.. smashed everything in my house due to frustration and am now bingeing on chocolate. I'm never gonna get better  :(  Im so pathetic for coming on here complaining all the time too

EDIT: Im so sorry to everyone who helps me on here too. I just get so frightened from time to time. My willpower is so poor

• Moderator Emeritus

As a way to bring yourself into a more positive place, can you follow your up your last post with one outlining your go-to tools for managing tough days?  Or if you don't have any, a list of tools you'd like to put into place? 

Crappy days are crappy (obviously) and they can leave you feeling hopeless, and in w/d when there can be too many crappy days in a row, we can get the impression we'll never get better.  But that's a trap.  We will get better.  Everything in nature does.  The question is, how will we manage along the way?

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Ok, well i guess when im having tough days i put on a film and watch a lot of videos on my phone as a way of distracting myself. I spend the day resting and avoid people to hopefully keep myself stable or go out if that becomes a problem. I also try telling myself that i am infact in a wave even though i find it hard to believe at times..

• Moderator Emeritus

Watching movies is a nice way to get through a hard day.  I do that too.  You could consider adding some more soothing tools to your list, and even things that can change the way you're feeling.  Like soaking in a hot bath with epsom salts, or doing some restorative yoga poses like Legs Up The Wall, or listening to a guided meditation. 

Many of our members learn tools like Emotional Freedom Technique, and CBT.  These enable you to embed messages you really want to believe more deeply into your heart - like how you've been telling yourself you are in a wave.

The more things you can add to your list the better you'll be able to cope with the tough days.  It's like weaving a stronger safety net.

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thank you KarenB.. I'm feeling better now as I write this.

I'll definitely try some of those things and think of more over the next few days. I've already started to take time out of my day to relax to some calming music, hopefully that will help me out of this wave. College will have to be put on standby for now lol.

I think another thing that has thrown me off the fact it's getting colder now and the days are getting shorter.. Last year I had the same problem and the winter has always made me feel miserable so I think that may be playing a part..

Anyway, many thanks i'm really grateful.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

So since my last post i found myself engaging in panic and drama which was really hard for me to part myself from unfortunately, and ended up making myself feel almost as bad as the beginning.. I guess i can only take away from this experience.

Ive managed to get myself "back on track" in healing however i still dont feel as good as i did even a month ago and i keep wobbling.

Anyway, ive had a pretty tough couple of months so I hope things improve again.

I'm keeping in mind what you guys have said to me in the past and it keeps me battling on. 

Guys could you please help me?

Ive been having pain in my right.. "Male area", and its been severly affecting my ability to sleep and cope in healing/getting out of this protracted wave. Ive gotten an ultrasound and went to see a urologist and theres no visible cause. My guess is it may be a nerve thing due to wd perhaps? Its been getting worse over the course of a couple of months now.

Any suggestions would be great im at my wits end and i feel so alone in the relentless hell..

Guys could you please help me?

Ive been having pain in my right.. "Male area", and its been severly affecting my ability to sleep and cope in healing/getting out of this protracted wave. Ive gotten an ultrasound and went to see a urologist and theres no visible cause. My guess is it may be a nerve thing due to wd perhaps? Its been getting worse over the course of a couple of months now.

Any suggestions would be great. I already put this on my introduction but i dont seem to get a lot of attention on there. (Im sorry if i post too much im just in desperate times) i also worry about the constant stress putting me back to square one.

Please delete this if its not appropriate

Edited by scallywag
moved from a symptoms topic

• Moderator Emeritus

To search the site I use google and type in survivingantidepressants.org + topic.  So in this instance you could search test icle (all one word obviously - it became ********) or testicular.

Edited by scallywag

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks for responding, i tried looking but cant find anything like I have, seems like its gonna be with me for a while. Im just despairing I cant cope :'(

Edited by scallywag

i didnt think things could get so bad after so long

Edited by scallywag

• Moderator Emeritus

Prohealer, I'm sorry you're having pain and the sleep difficulties that come with it.

If after diagnostic imaging they say there's no visible cause for the pain, then there's a good chance that it is a withdrawal symptom. That's little real help to you, though.

If you haven't seen this topic, it might be worth scanning/reading:

Non-drug techniques for dealing with physical pain

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you so much scallywag. Hopefully it is just a wd thing, ive never felt physical pain in wd and assumed it was unrelated.

Im feeling so so bad right now so will make an effort to try these asap. To use an analogy I feel like i spent months building a wall which has just been knocked down before my eyes with all the distress everything is causing me.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's frustrating and discouraging, that's for sure.  I hope you can find good news in getting no useful information from the ultrasound. Nobody wants the kind of problems found by medical imaging.

scallywag's Introduction

Hi Prohealer-- Sorry to hear that your WD is being such a pain in the ..... LOL, bad joke. I know how bad it can hurt.

I found it to be cyclical, there for a few weeks or so then gone for a while then back again. Over time it went away.  There are several different things that it could be, provided that you have a clean bill of health like you mention.  The first two things would be an enlarged prostate or secondly PGAD (Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder).  The prostate can be checked by your doctor and frequently responds well to supplementation with Saw Palmetto.  PGAD is fairly common in WD and as of yet I have found no real treatment for it except time. There could also be some physical damage/inflammation to the connective tissues that extend up into the lower abdomen.  This can give intense pain in the lower right quadrant.  Or inflammation caused by over indulgent personal habits, which would give local pain and lower right quadrant pain.  Again the healing factor is time and rest.

Edited by scallywag

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Prohealer,

I have a little bit of experience with this area, from going through mysterious pans with my SO, (he has had 3 different conditions over the years), and I went to see multiple docs with him, plus I have other experience, plus did a bunch of research on my own.  I am not here as a health care provider/professional, or to diagnose, but I might be able to shorten the list of possibilities, anyway. I have several ideas beyond the beyond the excellent conditions provided by Brssmonkey above, a few other conditions also go though my head.  Would you prefer that I ask questions to help narrow down your search, or just name off conditions for you to look up on your own? Or. I will ask easy questions and do some research myself if that is what you choose. I will then provide you with a list of links to some possibilities.  I cannot promise results, but may be able to shorten the list of possibilities for you, if you so choose.  

I actually do have one question that may help figure out if this is related to WD or not, is easy to answer: 

Can you describe the quality of the pain?  Use as many descriptive words as you like (the more the better). 

Does the quality of this pain ever change? 

I just asked my friend to describe the quality if pain one of the conditions he was diagnosed with, and he grimaced, and told me it felt like someone had kicked one of his glands, very hard. He could barely walk as the pain worsened,  It was not an STD, it was something else that was treated with antibiotics. Took 2 docs to diagnose (should have taken only one)! 

Please let me know what you would like.  Please be aware, with no questions answered, the list of causes of that pain is quite large.  If you like to read, I will be happy to just provide a list.  Good luck!!!

Skeeter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Edited by scallywag

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

Thanks both for responding. I did have it intermittently like you say brassmonkey, but its that same pain every night now.

I have actually infact looked into it quite extensively myself and have ruled off a lot of things with the aid of tests ive had done but it may help if i had a list of possible causes. To answer your questions Skeeter. The pain feels both fairly sharp and dull, copeable but annoying and easily throws me off in my weakened state right now. Its actually ok in the day but lying down when my legs are closed seem to trigger it. Its also always on the right side too.

Im going to the docs later today to see if theres anything else like prostate. I just have so many things going on at once right now its a joke and im going a bit crazy with it all.

Edited by scallywag

• Moderator Emeritus

Please update after you doc appt, sorry for that!!! I obviously do not know more than a doc (especially 2 docs), and your extensive research, so I do not want to go over what you have already looked at, of course!

Good luck,

Skeeter

Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

Ok so the doctor didnt really seem to know what to suggest other than painkillers (which obviously i cant take too often). After suggesting a prostate exam was a good idea he examined and said it seems all fine.

And its fine, i need a little extra help here wherever i can get it so i thank you.

I guess ill have to just keep plugging away for answers unfortunately and hope that its something that will subside soon, if things get desperate though i may try the saw palmetto anyway just to see if it helps (and of course the non drug methods for pain)

If i have to cope with this pain for an indefinate amount of time on top of wd.. I cant go on anymore. I feel like this is the end of the road for me.. Idk what else to do :(

• Moderator Emeritus

"Its actually ok in the day but lying down when my legs are closed seem to trigger it."

Have you tried laying down with a pillow between your thighs?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I have tried that and although it remedies it slightly its still causes discomfort for me.

• Mentor

Prohealer, I have a question about your signature. if you have a moment? what is a low histamine diet?
I seem to be having some issues with histamine and would like to try that.

I am doing low carb, low sugar, no or extremely little processed foods, lots of veggies and fruits and almost no meat (the occasional can of tuna with vegan mayo)

I'll be switching off black tea to roobios tea when it arrives (hopefully today) I'm allergic to chamomile :(

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Hi and welcome catnapt, thats fine.

Here is a list of foods i stick to/stay away from: http://www.histamineintolerance.org.uk/about/the-food-diary/the-food-list/

I found out about my histamine problems in summer and theyve been plaguing me since.

Here they also talk about the diet in a bit more depth on the forum: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3503-histamine-food-intolerance/page-1

The diet ur currently on sounds great, I sometimes find that the sugar in too much fruit can set off symptoms for me though, and the omega 3 in fish helps me a lot, something to think about.

Have you tried decaff green tea? Sometimes i switch it up to that when i get tired of chamomile. I also experiment with ice teas too.

Been advised by the docs to try taking ibuprofen for a few days to see if that shifts the pain. I would do this but i worry about having a bad reaction, have to mull over it for now.

Im starting to gain some slight hope ill survive all this but i just need support for now. Im holding on, even if it means lying in bed for a while.

I forgot to mention, they found on my ultrasound i still have an epidimimal cyst that i first discovered back in 2013 and its slightly bigger, apart from that all looks ok apparently..

• Moderator Emeritus

Prohealer,

Please forgive me for giving up on you so easily recently. I got the flu right after I first chatted with you, and am also grieving the death of a loved one. I was feeling quite ill and could not think straight due to fever. Anyway, I did a bunch of research and found a few things for you to read.

For this link, there are some really interesting issues other bring up in response to the poster. Pay attention to the low back pain, the special pants that may help the pain, etc. THESE ARE NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS answering this question! This is more interesting information for you to study further,if you like:

http://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/slight-testicular-discomfort-when-sitting-or-lying-down

Below is anecdotal bits of info from people who had the same type of pan as yu perhaps, and many found the answers after years of looking. Some might be worth writing down and taking to your doctor for your next appointment as possible causes, there are a few pages of this, if you like the dirst page, make sure to read the rest, it may shed some light on what is going on for you (it may not, but it is worth a read):

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/testicular_pain/viewer-comments_em-242.htm

Top 10 insights on testicular pain at night-

https://www.healthtap.com/topics/testicular-pain-at-night

A frank article about this type of pain. The wording is different than most articles, but is not offensive, IMHO, & gives several possible causes:

http://www.prostate-massage-and-health.com/testicular-pain.html

This is just a few of the links I found. If any of these seems to apply to you, let me know, and I will get you more information. If you would like more links to read for possible causes, like I have done above, let me know, am happy to help.

Again, sorry for giving up too quickly before, I was feeling quite ill, and was sleeping a ton, and not thinking straight does not lend to good research!! If any of these do not fit, jus t ignore them. I still have a fever. so am a bit slow!!!

Good luck!!

Skeeter

Hi skeeter, its fine i understand,

Im so grateful, i actually do have slight pain in my lower back funnily enough.

Im going to go back and ask to be referred onto a urologist, and Ill also look into a chiropractor. I now have pain in my perineum AND sciatic nerve.. :( Im really not sure whats going on but im hoping Itll all pass..

Im so fatigued so im going to rest and update later. Thanks again, ill read more when i can mentally cope

Im thinking maybe wd has messed up my peripheral nerves maybe, ik i had the burning sensation in my feet but that came and went. Idk if i can put up with the pain for years tho.. I can barely do that with wd alone.

• Mentor

if it helps at all,  on one of my earlier CTs from 3 or more different psych meds (lost the dr who Rxed them and could not find another) I had neuropathy (burning pain, pins and needles, numbness, coldness and extreme sensitivity to touch) for a while during WD (when I didn't know I was in WD)

it didn't last for years, it went away even before I reinstated one of those drugs (the fool lexapro that I'm trying to get off of now) I think it was only for a few months and it was never every single day (well there would be periods of several days then it would let up and so on)

everyone's different of course but I  think you probably won't have the pain for years.

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Thanks catnapt...

It kinda helps.. Although i wouldve expected this to clear up quickly like u say.

But I really hope i wont have this for that long, this ordeal is seriously messing things up for me, i can no longer think rationally and i feel so ill and im not getting a chance to even begin to self soothe.

Things were going so well too so im just praying i can get back on track.