well: recovery from antipsychotics

Hi there friends in sorrow...in all this 5 months and 20 days nothing changed except the fact that after 3 months or so I was able finally to say some words to myself in my head, but yesterday my brain blocked this activity again and yesterday after that, I got a non accepting battle with myself because while watching a video I had two different separate feelings on it,the feeling that I like the video and the brain hesitation feeling,

... but because I wasn't able to cogitate about it to understand better if I like it or not I remained in a state of disapproval and uncertainty and feeling like going mad because I didn't want to like this stupid thing since I knew the arguments but my brain wasn't able to ponder and transmit the signal so in that way I can feel otherwise,so I remained in a state of disharmony and conflict with myself and was a very discomfort thing,something like akathisia,to forget about it wasn't able because like I said I don't have control on my mind since thinking doesn't work,

I know it's [messed] up and hard to understand what I'm saying but I don't know if this is some kind of way the emotions return or something else,because I had the same after I took first time ketilept and sertraline togheter and over that had a conflictual situation with someone and after that I wasn't able to get peace because my mind didn't work and I remained with that bad emotion and non acceptance of the situation...I'm thinking maybe some omega 3 will help idk.

...some weeks ago I asked my psychiatry if I can have omega 3 and she said to not take it,didn't speak with her about this situation and don't want to because she will remain with her idea that this is some illness like they always do even if it's not the case,so I'm wondering what's that and if I can take omega in this state

Edited by scallywag
offensive language; inserted breaks and white space for readability

3 weeks on haloperidol

1.5 months on seroquel

1.5 months on triftazin or so I cant rember very good.That was the medication last year in the beggining of 2016 then I left cols turkey then after a year again on risperdal 1 month on 4 mg then 2 months on 2 mg at the day and wanna quit cold turkey

wow... so much replies ..thanks :))

3 weeks on haloperidol

1.5 months on seroquel

1.5 months on triftazin or so I cant rember very good.That was the medication last year in the beggining of 2016 then I left cols turkey then after a year again on risperdal 1 month on 4 mg then 2 months on 2 mg at the day and wanna quit cold turkey

• 5 months later...

Hi again...dont know what update to make here except the fact that I was diagnosticate with a mental ilness this weeks and I dont know what to do...to start again more clearly after a PTSD and long stress period I started to develop strange things and fear for no reason...which lead to a schizophrenia diagnosis but all this after my first psychosis from setraline and seroquel which I think developed the already existent stress paranoia because first time they misdiagnosed me idk...Im on 2 mg of risperdal now and my question is if its safe to taper if this fear and this diagnosis leaded after a long 1 year strong stress? I dont feel anything and dont know what to do with my life I left school and stayed at home for 2 years without going out and this leaded to paranoia after a time then to PTSD...Im not sure where to start the changes...Im more calm now but more stupid after all this and I accepted the pills by myself but I still dont believe the diagnosis and think I just need to make changes instead of pills..my brain doesnt work still but I need an advice what to do and if its safe for my memory and brain to stay on pills 3 months more (Im on them already 2-3 months) but I wanna feel alive again idk...I changed and my relationship with my mom is better but I just wanted to write here even if its non sense maybe some advices from people who won their fears without pills...thanks

3 weeks on haloperidol

1.5 months on seroquel

Pls someone help......my doc says my poor concentration is because my illness not pills I dont know what to do I wanna feel alive again ;( seems Im alone even here

3 weeks on haloperidol

1.5 months on seroquel

Well u are not alone sometimes it takes a while for answers. And most of us on this site are going though our own hell , stay strong and keep yourself as calm as possible this will pass

Well u are not alone sometimes it takes a while for answers. And most of us on this site are going though our own hell , stay strong and keep yourself as calm as possible this will pass

thanks a lot for answer doggiemama even this means a lot,its like my pink glasses broke up and I cant accept the reality and how mean this world is,Ive read your story and hope you get well too!!!

3 weeks on haloperidol

1.5 months on seroquel

• Moderator Emeritus

Is 2 mg of risperdal the only drug you are taking now?

As previously requested please create a drug signature Create Your Signature.

If you are using a phone, you may need to click FULL VERSION at the bottom of the screen.

Please include details for the last 12-18 months of  all drugs, dates, doses and discontinuations & reinstatements.  If you can't remember dates, please write it as "early March" or "mid-August".  Please provide a summary of any drugs prior to that which can just be listed with start and stop years. Please include all prescription, non-prescription drugs and supplements you are currently taking.

It's important for us to have this information so we can offer suggestions based on your individual situation.  Thank you.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Done ...sorry I had the signature but deleted it when was psychotic...I wanna leave cold turkey now as my doc says because dont know how the 10% will work on only 3 months on them dont wanna get longer on them ...whats your opinion ? My prolactine its a bit high so she said to quit cold turkey...

3 weeks on haloperidol

1.5 months on seroquel

my prolactin was also high after risperdal, risperdal made me feel almost like hell.  i don't believe it's your illness causing you problems, i blame it on risperdal, i know how bad the drug is. stay strong and don't lose hope, get off of risperdal as soon as you can.  

i sincerely believe that if these doctors tried risperdal they would never offer it to ANYONE ever again.

stay strong.

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.

my prolactin was also high after risperdal, risperdal made me feel almost like hell. i don't believe it's your illness causing you problems, i blame it on risperdal, i know how bad the drug is. stay strong and don't lose hope, get off of risperdal as soon as you can.

i sincerely believe that if these doctors tried risperdal they would never offer it to ANYONE ever again.

stay strong.

thank you man I will try..any improvements in your case?

3 weeks on haloperidol

1.5 months on seroquel

• 7 months later...

hey how are you well?

July 2017 - 3 shots = one of them haloperidol and only olanzapine 20mg  for 2 weeks , weight gained 

August 2017- waiting recovery from haloperidol , drug tapper 10mg ,weight gained , weak muscle

September 2017- drugs tapper 5mg weight gained , weak muscle

October 2017 - drugs free , no improvment from haldol   , weight gained , weak muscle

November 2017 - waiting haldol recovery since , weight gained , weak muscle

• 1 year later...

Thank You Mortals... There are no more medicines for me. I have regained my human life. Back to full throttle. Now... Ladies, have we met before? 😈

Took RISPOND (RISPERIDONE) 1mg twice daily (morning and night) for 3 months along with Dayo OD 500 at night. Quit cold turkey of all meds in feb 29, 2016. Its been 4 months off the meds now!( as of 29 June, 2016)

Intense withdrawal effect. Not able to focus on something completely. Some memory problems. Passion for everything has died. Everything has to be done forcefully. No enjoyment in listening to a song or watching a movie. Everything seems pointless. Zero libido. Lost the desire and ability to fall in love. Emotions are withdrawn.

its been a while now, taking 2-3 meds in morning and evening. I'll update it tomorrow.
28/03/2017