SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ O2bhappy: 9 months off Prozac - does it get any better?

O2bhappy

Hi:

Hope you are feeling just a little better.

We get a new sewer system tomorrow, on my birthday. My fiancé said happy birthday, you get a new sewer system. That's ok, at least I can take a shower and use a real toilet. No porta potty. I did laundry and took showers at the neighbors, which I'm thankful for.

Hopefully you're feeling better. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

O2. 

Yes I understand why you wouldn't want to reinstate. To be honest I didn't have many problems on Prozac, well I still had some anxiety and was often tired but nothing like I am now, I'm totally disabled. There is only one pro of coming off the med and that is I'm not as emotionally numb but I feel peoples pain far too much and spend a lot of time crying so to be honest I would rather be a little numb. 

If I had everything but the depression I would carry on, it is difficult to put into words the total feeling of hopelessness that I deal with on a daily basis and the constant unrealenting tinnitus.

i watched a video on beyond meds about the lady that took 6 years to recover and had many similar symptoms to me but from what she said she never doubted her will to carry and I don't, the depression sucks every part of me into a black hole where nothing has meaning. I know the meds have made the depression much worse than before but it doesn't matter what causes it's if I can keep going year on year out and I can't. 

Im terrified of going back to Prozac but I'm more scared of living like this forever. 

If your body has shown you any sign of recovery hang on and trust your gut. I wish you well. Prozac really is a evil drug I shudder when I think rhey actually give it kids.

Prozac 17 years 20mg.

Cold turkey Feb 2014

Restarted 2mg of prozac 26.8.18..

Eleven10 -

You were lucky that you didn't have any problems on Prozac.  At first my biggest problem was weight gain, but then all the other side effects started.  I believe that was when I started having poop out, but I continued to take it.  I would honestly still be on it today if I didn't have an issue with changing the generic.  It is probably a blessing that it happened to me that way, because I know it isn't good to be on these medicines long term.  I am the same way.  I was very numb on Prozac and now every little thing makes me cry. 

These withdrawal symptoms are very difficult to deal with.  I understand you wanting them to stop and that you are willing to go back on the medicine to try and get some relief. 

In the video you watched, was the woman taking Prozac?  Thinking that I could take many more years to recover does scare me.

My body has shown signs of recovery, but it has been very slow.  I think it is a good sign that my body is showing signs of healing, don't you?  I heard somewhere that when someone hit their 2 year mark off Prozac they started feeling better.

My biggest issues today are the complete brain fog and memory issues, fatigue and right now I am back to being nauseous. 

I agree..Prozac is an evil drug.  Being on it I thought it was a "happy" drug...being off it is hell. 

Please keep me posted on your reinstatement, if you decide that is what you are going to do!

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

My biggest issues right now are brain fog, fatigue, nausea and lack of excitement in anything I do. 

The brain fog is awful. I cannot concentrate, I am not present, I can't remember anything, unless I write it down.  I just feel spacy all the time.

I have also been extremely fatigued.  I am actually getting sleep at night, but when I wake up in the morning I could go back to sleep two hours later.  I can actually fall asleep sitting up in a chair.

My nausea has come back after not having it for 8 months.  I am hoping and praying it isn't from withdrawal and will go away soon. 

I also have no excitement about anything I do.  I have some things coming up that should be exciting for me and I do not feel that way.  I don't feel like I get any joy out of anything.  Why is that?

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Over the past couple of weeks I have been having a lot of pressure behind my eyes. I have even had muscle contraction on my forehead and eyelids. Do I just chalk this up to a new withdrawal symptom. 

Hi O2b

I have just spent a long time reading through your thread.

I am off cold turkey for just over a year since June. I really identify with almost all of your journal.  I feel much the same now as I did just over 12 months ago.

No interest in much and watching other people live their lives and feeling very envious of them all, I am sure the true story of other people is not quite that way at all, it just looks that way to us whilst we are suffering.

I am finding this constant recovery very hard to deal with and feel at the end of my rope some days.

I hope that you will have an ok day today, I find that ok has to be good enough as a great day is too much to ask for.

Various antipressants from 1991 to 2016, Sertraline and many switches over the years.

Last AD's taken:

Citalopram for two weeks only May 2016  to June 2016, last AD taken and CT'd.

2012 to May 2016 Duloxitine 60mg. Doctor switched to Citalopram 20mg May 2016.

Waves12

The constant recovery is difficult but I like how you said the constant recovery instead of constant withdrawal. I keep looking at it as withdrawal and I think that sets up negative thoughts. I go through phases where I call it withdrawal and recovery and healing. 

I am just tired of not feeling how I think I should feel. It's a real struggle. 

I woke up this morning feeling very emotional. I can tell the simplest thing is going to make me cry. It is so hard to control my emotions. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my intro and to respond. 

Hi o2b

Great to hear from you. 

Today I woke up full of fear too and anxiety and sweating.  I  did not know how I would get through the day at first.

I decided to mow my lawn front and back and although I couldn't think of anything worse at the time I just got on with it and was so pleased I completed it.

I went to see a friend, an odd rare occasion, we had a nice chat and then I went for a walk to the beach, I am 5 minutes away in the car, it was a lovely sunny warm day and I normally would like to be by the sea but found it difficult watching all the families having a fun time and I again felt very alone which intensified my symptoms.

Another friend popped in to my house later on, I was expecting her, and we had good chat.

The overall end of today was that I felt ok and not so low or so lonely, therefore for me, it is good to be occupied and have some company, it certainly helped today.

I really struggle at home as live alone and don't usually see many people through the week or the weekends so a bonus today to see two friends.

It is very bad for me to spend so much time alone and easy to just stay home feeling bad which leads to feeling worse. I don't always have anyone to talk to about all this carry on off the meds etc and I think we do need people to talk to through the day/week.

Lets hope for a better week for both of us.

Various antipressants from 1991 to 2016, Sertraline and many switches over the years.

Last AD's taken:

On 28/06/2017 at 11:39 PM, O2bhappy said:

.  This past weekend I went out of town.  While driving it seemed like my brain had a hard time connecting with the new environment I was seeing.  It was weird.  It didn't happen on roads that I had been on before.  This happened on roads that I had never been on.  Even when we got to our destination my mind couldn't really engage and be present where I was at.  It scared me and upset me because this had never happened to me. It made it very hard to enjoy my trip. Was that part of w/d?  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?  

The first time this happened to me was so weird, I think that's why I remember it still, whereas I forget other things.  I felt like I was not part of the experience, but "observing" it all from way back in a dark cave.  It seemed unreal, yet I knew it was real but I couldn't feel like I was there or part of it, yes, very weird.  This happened a year after I began a slow taper.

It still happens, in fact just recently we went to a different town in the same day.  When we got there, I couldn't believe we were in a different place, it seemed unreal, it seemed surreal.  How did I get here?   This is strange, I thought, just this morning I was home and now I am here!  Definitely w/d related!

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

On 07/07/2017 at 11:52 AM, O2bhappy said:

Over the past couple of weeks I have been having a lot of pressure behind my eyes. I have even had muscle contraction on my forehead and eyelids. Do I just chalk this up to a new withdrawal symptom. 

Sounds like a type of migraine?  I had a migraine for 3 days every week for the first several years, and after time went to 2 days and then 1 and now hardly ever, but still get headaches.  Yes, I would chalk it up to a new w/d symptom.  Just throw the dice and see what symptom comes up next in this horrible game of life!

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

Waves12 -

It is awful to wake up and start your day feeling anxious.  It sounds like you managed to have a productive day.  It is wonderful that you were able to visit with two of your friends.  I am sure that brightened your day.

I can relate to watching families have fun while you sit back feeling awful. I understand how that can make you feel worse.  When you don't feel well it seems like everyone else is having a better time then you. 

I also think it helps to be around people.  I think being alone and isolated makes you think more and it makes it hard to get out of your head. 

I agree we need people to talk to about what we are going through.  That is why I joined this forum, because I knew people here could relate to what I was going through.  I also feel like my family and friends were getting tired of listening to me complain all the time. 

I also wish for us to have a better week this week!!!

Hugs to you!

grandmaD -

Thank you so much for responding to my post.  When this happened it totally freaked me out and didn't know what was happening to me.  Feeling like I was observing the experience is exactly how I felt.  It did seem very unreal.  I kept telling myself to be present but it wasn't helping.  It was upsetting because I couldn't enjoy the experience.  I kept telling myself to look around and take it in.  I actually took a bunch of pictures so I could remind myself of my surroundings.  When we got home from our vacation it took me awhile to get

I wonder what is going on in our brains to cause this sensation/feeling.  I hope and pray it gets better.  I am going out of town next week to a new place and I hope it doesn't happen again.  If it does how do you handle it? 

grandmaD -

I have been blessed and never had a migraine.  Can you have a migraine without a headache?  

It is hard to believe that after 22 months off of Prozac that I am still getting new withdrawal symptoms.  I wonder at what point do you stop getting new symptoms. 

17 hours ago, O2bhappy said:

grandmaD -

I actually took a bunch of pictures so I could remind myself of my surroundings.  When we got home from our vacation it took me awhile to get

I wonder what is going on in our brains to cause this sensation/feeling.  I hope and pray it gets better.  I am going out of town next week to a new place and I hope it doesn't happen again.  If it does how do you handle it? 

That is funny, because I took a lot of photos, also.  I remember thinking "this should look beautiful" but it didn't!  I think now, knowing what I have found out in hindsight is called some fancy pancy name but basically means you have lost the ability to "enjoy" or "appreciate" it and lose that "sense of pleasure".  Later on, when I saw the photos, I thought they were lovely!

These episodes come and go now for days,j sometimes months at a time.  I don't realise it is happening and I think now, it is those days I feel very low and despondent and get very discouraged and fed up and lose all hope.  I have been like that for almost 4 months now with the muscle spasms and aches and pains, but for 2 days now I have felt much more reasonable and today enjoyed going out for a coffee and a short drive.

I can't tell you how I handle it because I DON'T REALISE IT WHEN IT IS HAPPENING TO ME!  When I am in that state, I forget to remember what iss happening and don't recognisde it.  It is only when I begin to feel more reasonable, like yesterday and today, that THEN I REALISE I have been in "that place agian"!  So, sorry, not much help, I guess you just have to accept it and if you can remember, tell yourself "it will pass"!!

17 hours ago, O2bhappy said:

grandmaD -

I have been blessed and never had a migraine.  Can you have a migraine without a headache?  

It is hard to believe that after 22 months off of Prozac that I am still getting new withdrawal symptoms.  I wonder at what point do you stop getting new symptoms. 

A migraine to me is a headache, just a very severe one where I usually have to go to bed for 1-3 days.  Thankfully, these have improved heaps after 6 years and I might just get a bad headache now and still get an average of 2 mild to moderate headaches a week.

good question!  I got new symptoms for many years.  I didn't get insomnia right away or anxiety or palpitations.  I have never had the low back muscle spasms this bad EVER for SO LONG.  I still don't know if they are w/d related or osteo or the scoliosis.

What are your worst symptoms nowadays?

20 hours ago, O2bhappy said:

Waves12 -

It is awful to wake up and start your day feeling anxious.  It sounds like you managed to have a productive day.  It is wonderful that you were able to visit with two of your friends.  I am sure that brightened your day.

I can relate to watching families have fun while you sit back feeling awful. I understand how that can make you feel worse.  When you don't feel well it seems like everyone else is having a better time then you. 

I also think it helps to be around people.  I think being alone and isolated makes you think more and it makes it hard to get out of your head. 

I agree we need people to talk to about what we are going through.  That is why I joined this forum, because I knew people here could relate to what I was going through.  I also feel like my family and friends were getting tired of listening to me complain all the time. 

I also wish for us to have a better week this week!!!

Hugs to you!

o2b

Hugs to you too!

How are you doing today?

Nice dark skies here in south of uk this morning, looks like no walk on the beach today.  We have had a good stretch of warm sunny days and I find sunny days help the mood.

I agree the forum is a great place to be as friends and families do get fed up listening.  I think they probably just don't know what to say anymore rather than being fed up with us.

Waves

Last AD's taken:

Hi happy,

I am sorry you are going through so much.

Is your sleep got any better or you still suffering with insomnia?

what are you using for sleep?

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

grandmaD -

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:39 AM, grandmaD said:

That is funny, because I took a lot of photos, also.  I remember thinking "this should look beautiful" but it didn't!  I think now, knowing what I have found out in hindsight is called some fancy pancy name but basically means you have lost the ability to "enjoy" or "appreciate" it and lose that "sense of pleasure".  Later on, when I saw the photos, I thought they were lovely!

These episodes come and go now for days,j sometimes months at a time.  I don't realise it is happening and I think now, it is those days I feel very low and despondent and get very discouraged and fed up and lose all hope.  I have been like that for almost 4 months now with the muscle spasms and aches and pains, but for 2 days now I have felt much more reasonable and today enjoyed going out for a coffee and a short drive.

I can't tell you how I handle it because I DON'T REALISE IT WHEN IT IS HAPPENING TO ME!  When I am in that state, I forget to remember what iss happening and don't recognisde it.  It is only when I begin to feel more reasonable, like yesterday and today, that THEN I REALISE I have been in "that place agian"!  So, sorry, not much help, I guess you just have to accept it and if you can remember, tell yourself "it will pass"!!

I wonder what in withdrawal causes us to lose our ability to appreciate and enjoy things.  It is very frustrating. 

I have noticed that when I am driving places I have been I don't have this disassociation.  It only happens when I go someplace new.  It is like my brain cannot wraps itself around the new sights. 

I am hoping this doesn't happen again, but if it does I will remind myself that this will pass.  I just want to be able to enjoy a drive to a new place without freaking out about it. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, grandmaD said:

A migraine to me is a headache, just a very severe one where I usually have to go to bed for 1-3 days.  Thankfully, these have improved heaps after 6 years and I might just get a bad headache now and still get an average of 2 mild to moderate headaches a week.

good question!  I got new symptoms for many years.  I didn't get insomnia right away or anxiety or palpitations.  I have never had the low back muscle spasms this bad EVER for SO LONG.  I still don't know if they are w/d related or osteo or the scoliosis.

What are your worst symptoms nowadays?

With the pressure that I am getting I don't get an actual headache.  I do have pain associated with it.  I am wondering if it could be related to my sinuses.  Maybe I should try a sinus rinse and see if that helps.

I have three things I am dealing with...withdrawal, menopause and hypothyroidism.  Each have symptoms that I am dealing with.

Withdrawal...Anxiety, crying, being fearful and scared, dp/dr, pressure in my head, brain fog smell hallucination, some nausea, insomnia.  Those are the biggest things in withdrawal.  I have other issues but they are minor. 

Menopause...hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog, insomnia and crying

Hypothyroidism...extreme fatigue, brain fog, weight gain and hair loss

Waves12 -

I am doing okay today.  I am just tired and frustrated dealing with these symptoms.  I am ready for a break.

Sunny days are good for the mood.  It is very hot today so I am trying to limit my outside time.  Makes my withdrawal symptoms and menopause symptoms worse. 

I am sure my family and friends don't know what to say to me anymore.  I wish they did because withdrawal is such a big part of my life right now.  I am sure they are tired of hearing me complain. 

rupa -

I am still suffering with insomnia, but it has gotten better.  Of course some nights are better then other nights.  I certainly don't sleep like I use to when I was drug on Prozac. 

I am not using anything for sleep.  I don't want to take any medicine to help me sleep.  Before I go to bed I do listen to relaxation music.  That helps relaxes me but doesn't help me sleep. 

I have also found that I can't really nap.  I use to love a good nap, but not anymore.  I just can't sleep during the day even when I am exhausted. 

Ho O2bhappy:

I was just reading your thread and noticed you are having a bunch of WD symptoms again?

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I pray you have a speedy recovery from some of it at least.

Keep your chin up. It's really hard for anyone to understand what's going on with you when they have never experienced it themselves. :)

As good as my fiancé is, he still thinks I should be able to just pack up and go like we did before I started tapering. He figured it out on this last trip home.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2016 at 9:01 PM, O2bhappy said:

9 months ago today I took my last Prozac and I am still dealing with withdrawal.  I took 15 mg of Fluoxetine for 12 years from PAR pharmaceuticals.  In July 2015 the fluoxetine I received from the pharmacy was from TEVA pharmaceuticals, apparently PAR pharmaceuticals discontinued the tablets I was taking.  Well, my body did not react well to the TEVA brand.  I started having nausea and tremors.  After a couple of days on the TEVA brand I switched to the MYLAN brand but nothing changed. 

Realizing my body was not going to handle the change I decided to taper but it seemed pointless because my body was in withdrawal from the PAR pharmaceutical fluoxetine my body was use to taking.  On August 27th 2015 I took my last pill.  From July to November I dealt with nausea and tremors and then all hell broke loose.  On top of the nausea and tremors I developed a bad smell in my nose that only I can smell, internal shaking that is constant, the nausea got much worse, I started having hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia and chills.  I also have cried almost every day since November. 

In December I had a gastric emptying study done due to the nausea and lack of appetite.  I discovered I now have delayed gastric emptying. To date I have lost 44 pounds from the nausea and not being able to eat. 

I have also had a CT scan and an MRI for the tremors and internal shaking.  Those results were normal.  I have seen an ENT for the bad smell in my nose, but they can find nothing wrong. 

I have noticed that I am feeling a tiny and I stress tiny bit better but I still have the internal shaking, nausea, bad smell in my nose and crying.  I have read about internal shaking in withdrawal but how long does it go on.  I was put on Prozac for panic attacks and the constant internal shaking is making me feel panicky and anxious.  Does anything help with it?  Has anyone else experienced a bad smell in their nose or heard of anyone having a bad smell in their nose during withdrawal?   

Thank you for any advice or help anyone can offer me. 

Hi I am just ready through your story and so sorry for what you are suffering. Sound similar to my story. I was on Prozac for 18years but I feel I was in either a withdrawal while on the drug a year before I came off or I was in poop out but something wasn't right. I'm off about a year and still unwell. I have delayed gastric emptying aswell and I blame Prozac. I have lots of different symptoms coming and going and also a pattern of symptoms has developed. It's a frightening experience and a worry as to when and if we will heal. I do feel brain damaged. I had the internal shaking but a year in it isn't as bad. Mine starts up again if I try and take any meds, herbs or supplements. My body is intolerant to meds etc. It's awful. I hope you get better soon. 

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:45 AM, Bluebird2009 said:

Hi I am just ready through your story and so sorry for what you are suffering. Sound similar to my story. I was on Prozac for 18years but I feel I was in either a withdrawal while on the drug a year before I came off or I was in poop out but something wasn't right. I'm off about a year and still unwell. I have delayed gastric emptying aswell and I blame Prozac. I have lots of different symptoms coming and going and also a pattern of symptoms has developed. It's a frightening experience and a worry as to when and if we will heal. I do feel brain damaged. I had the internal shaking but a year in it isn't as bad. Mine starts up again if I try and take any meds, herbs or supplements. My body is intolerant to meds etc. It's awful. I hope you get better soon. 

Bluebird2009 -

I have now been off Prozac for 23 months and still suffering.  I also blame Prozac for my delayed gastric emptying.  I can relate to having a lot of different symptoms coming and going.  I have symptoms that I can't even explain without someone thinking something was completely wrong with me.  It is frightening.  Everyday I pray that I will heal, but can healing happen this far of Prozac?  My internal shaking has gotten better, but stress really effects it.  My body is also intolerant to meds and caffeine. 

I sometimes think about going on a different meds only to make myself feel better, but I know there is no magic pill.  I am tired of feeling bad everyday. 

I am sorry that you are also dealing with withdrawal.  These medicines aren't meant to be on long term but of course the doctors never tell you. 

It has now been 23 months since I stopped taking Prozac.  Have I seen improvements...yes.  Have I seen new symptoms develop...yes.  Have I had symptoms the whole 23 months...yes. 

I wonder if it is still possible to heal and see improvements after 23 months off.  Can my body still heal?  I know things could be worse, but for me I feel like everyday is a struggle.  All of these weird w/d symptoms are starting to take a toll on me.  I am not happy, I don't experience joy...I feel like a shell of the person that I use to be. 

I know my attitude is probably not helping me right now. 

Could really use some encouragement right now. 

O2BH,

I have very similar symptoms .. actually i can literally relate each sentence although it was paxil for me.

I have stomach cramps 24/7 .. mild pain and delayed gastric emptying. I feel my situation is better if taken past.. but i feel like in shell. Meds dont work as expected .. breath is short.

Daily my mind wants sth for relief and I hv no answer other than to wait or go to another shrink.

Wishing it gets better for you and all of us as soon as possible.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
2 hours ago, O2bhappy said:

It has now been 23 months since I stopped taking Prozac.  Have I seen improvements...yes.  Have I seen new symptoms develop...yes.  Have I had symptoms the whole 23 months...yes. 

I wonder if it is still possible to heal and see improvements after 23 months off.  Can my body still heal?  I know things could be worse, but for me I feel like everyday is a struggle.  All of these weird w/d symptoms are starting to take a toll on me.  I am not happy, I don't experience joy...I feel like a shell of the person that I use to be. 

I know my attitude is probably not helping me right now. 

Could really use some encouragement right now. 

I think we will heal but it takes a long time. It's how we deal with the suffering in the mean time. Try and stay positive as I know it is very hard some days better than others. Take care x

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

bhasski -

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with the same symptoms as me.  It is awful.

I find myself enjoying to go to bed at night just to try to sleep and forget about what is going on with me.  I am working hard on "allowing" these feelings, but it isn't easy.  I find the things that are going on with me mentally are difficult, because they are so hard to explain. 

I pray that things get better for us too!!!

Bluebird2009 -

Thank you for saying that you think we will heal.  That gives me some hope.  I am trying to "allow" the suffering but it is difficult.   At times I can be positive, but I find that most of the time I am noticing my thinking is all negative. 

9 minutes ago, O2bhappy said:

Bluebird2009 -

Thank you for saying that you think we will heal.  That gives me some hope.  I am trying to "allow" the suffering but it is difficult.   At times I can be positive, but I find that most of the time I am noticing my thinking is all negative. 

I think you are doing a lot better than you were months ago. I wish you nothing but healing.  I think of you all the time :)  Take care, Frogie xx

Frogie -

Thanks for saying that you think that I am doing better.  I appreciate you thinking of me and praying for me!  I think about you and pray for you too.  Thanks for being here for me.  I certainly couldn't do this alone. 

Just now, O2bhappy said:

Frogie -

Thanks for saying that you think that I am doing better.  I appreciate you thinking of me and praying for me!  I think about you and pray for you too.  Thanks for being here for me.  I certainly couldn't do this alone. 

That's what friends are for. I'm glad we met. :)

I had to have the teeth pulled yesterday. That dentist botched my teeth so bad. But I'll have a partial next week and be ok. So glad to have my dentist back.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie -

I am glad we met too. 

Hope everything goes well at the dentist for you this week.

In June I developed a tremendous amount of eye pressure.  The pressure is equal behind both of my eyes.  At first I thought it was sinus pressure, but now I am thinking it has too be something different.  Could it be from withdrawal.  I have tried taking allergy medicine and headache medicine but nothing helps with the pressure or pain associated with it. 

16 hours ago, O2bhappy said:

Frogie -

I am glad we met too. 

Hope everything goes well at the dentist for you this week.

We will find out tomorrow. Now I have a tooth next to the ones that she pulled that is sensitive. She said it could be a number of things and will look at it tomorrow.

Hope you are doing well. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 1 month later...

Dear @O2bhappy

Your story is inspiring! That you have the strength to keep going is amazing. 

This is such a difficult journey. I have just started mine, cold turkeyed Fluoxetine in April and now its hard. What keeps me afloat is some supplements but life is definitely not the same. 

I trust the brain and body to heal if we keep playing our part - faith, nutrition, exercise and relaxation (where possible).

Wishing you much strength and sending you much light!

• Fluoxetine 40 mg: Sep 2014 - Dec 2014 (Cold Turkey)
  • Fluoxetine 60 mg: Mar 2015 - Apr 2017 (Cold Turkey) 
  • Fluoxetine 10 mg: 21 Sep 2017 (Reinstated)
  • Fluoxetine 05 mg: 23 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Down)
  • Fluoxetine 15 mg: 28 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Up)
  • Fluoxetine 20 mg: 29 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Up)
  • Fluoxetine 05 mg: 30 Sep 2017 (Adjusted Down)

Currently taking: Fluoxetine 05 mg, Doxylamine (for insomnia)Multivitamin, Magnesium, Omega 3 Fish Oil & Flax Oil, Green Powder Mix.

"If you fail ten times, do not be disheartened. If you should fail a hundred times, rise up and pursue your way. If you should fail a thousand times, do not despair. When the right Path is entered, success is sure if the Path is not utterly abandoned."

- James Allen