If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

O2bhappy: 9 months off Prozac - does it get any better?

Proac Withdrawal Prozac fluoxetine PAWS

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#253 O2bhappy

O2bhappy

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

anongrl5590 -

I totally agree that the whole process of w/d is weird and crazy.  I understand the fear about the future and are things going to get worse.  It is awful.  I know the body takes a long time to heal and recover and I just hope that is what happens to us. 

I haven't taken anything for my sleep, but I have nights when I think about it.  Last night I manage three hours of broken sleep.  I am exhausted today and it is making my w/d symptoms worse.  I have been crying on and off today.  I think the song looping and the weird desire to cut my hair are invasive thoughts.  It is just frustrating to have them.  I have had other weird invasive thoughts during withdrawal.  If I told someone who wasn't going through w/d they just wouldn't understand. 

Please let me know the results of your MRI. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: DP/DR, internal shaking, crying, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and scared feelings.

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

#254 grandmaD

grandmaD

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

I have been trying to keep up with people's posts and I did notice a  while back you mentioned the hair cutting thing, but I had too much going on with my son (and still gong on) but anyway, I also had same desire and I actually shaved all my hair off and I did that every year for 3 years!  I think it is out of total desperation, not being able to control anything else in your life and grief!!!  It has just grown back now so i don't look like a boy anymore!  I also had the singing thing that drove me quite batty, it was like a male heavenly choir that went non-stop and was torture.  I had no other thoughts during that time as it was continual.  I had it again recently, but just for 1 day.  Keep turtling on, that's all we can do!

1995                20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  2000-2004 - Years of tapering and up-dosing (fast) (resultant suffering)

2004-2007       Daily 20mg

2008                Switching to Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg (worst year ever for w/d by far, plus gall surgery-developed arrythmia

2015                2.5% taper.  4.4mg - 4.0mg (gall surgery/anaesthetic continued to make things even worse)

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5 (finally imp. from gall surgery)

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;

#255 O2bhappy

O2bhappy

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

grandma D -

I am sorry to hear that you are still dealing with things with your son.  I understand that can be time consuming.  I hope things get better soon.

I am sorry to hear that you had the same desire to cut you hair, but glad I am not the only one.  I almost didn't write anything about it because I thought it was so weird to have those thoughts.  I never thought about it being a control thing, but that makes perfect sense.  I try very hard not to hold onto those thoughts, but it isn't easy.  The constant song looping just started in the last couple of months.  I guess I will chalk that up to another weird w/d symptom. 

The other day I was having a rough time and I thought to myself I need to keep turtling on. :-) 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: DP/DR, internal shaking, crying, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and scared feelings.

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Proac Withdrawal, Prozac, fluoxetine, PAWS