SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Recovery Success Stories from Around the Web

Terrific!

Thanks so very much OSK!

You are awesome!

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Thank you Osk!

CD off meds in July 2015, not on any medication since. Went through WD nightmare, now dealing with normal anxiety, but decided not to leave this forum yet because I want to support and give hope to others. ♡

I just realized that my previous post retained all the shades of green from the PP website, which I found a little irritating to the eyes, so here's that same post without the green. 

---------------------------------------------

750 DAYS/RECOVERY FROM ADVERSE REACTION

AGUY (from paxilprogress, a now defunct website)

aguy who suffered badly from a severe adverse reaction

Hi,

I couldnt find my old post with my updates on it, but it has been some time (years i think) since I have been on here, and I was just feeling well enough to come on and make a report. Just the fact that I am able to feel calm again while writing would have been enough for me to be happy, I would have settled for semi-functional. I became aware of many things which would aggravate systems in the body, and I cut them out, I just ate natural food as much as possible and basically just allowed my body to do its thing without feeding it extra burdenous waste. There are many things that I believe help the body repair, but many people do not believe the same things that I do so if you want to contact me in private I can give you more information, however many of these things are covered on here at least in part such as Omega 3's etc, but I can go into detail as I know it helps reading things that give you hope.

I am much better, and semi-functional, however I am very sensitive to stress, and assume it will take some time, perhaps years to gain a stress threshold, however it is very likely that my reaction in the first place was caused by sensitivity so just returning to baseline is a huge goal. I just wanted to give people hope because I was under the impression that I would be gone forever because my reaction came from such a small amount, and no one seemed to understand it, so if anyone has such a reaction from a few pills, just know that it has happened to others, probably some of which havent even found this site, these are just the ones we know of. The good news is that if you make it easy on your body, and if you find some way to get through 750 days etc (counting days makes it seem like you are getting somewhere), then you can likely make progress such as I have. Alot of this came all at once to the point to where you feel like you are not making progress at all 2 years into it but then a month goes by and something subtle happens then the same in another couple. It is very subtle in this sense. I did focus on nutrition, which I consider 100 percent essential, but your body will do its best if you cannot afford the best foods, it will extract what it can.

As far as an exact, I would estimate my homeostasis at around 85% when things are optimal, and perhaps peaking at 90 or so functionality-wise. This is obviously subject to stressors. I will continue on my nutrional pursuit, as some things that I believe were caused by the body making repairs, thus robbing other areas of nutrients in order to adapt, has taxed my body, but in reality it is worth it even with the effects I have been left with, just to have a relative calm state. I will keep pushing forward and see if I cannot perhaps feel better than I felt even before stumbling down the dark road of pharmaceuticals. I encourage all to pursue your course, and in due time if you do not give up, you will reap rewards.

--------------------------

#2:

LOV4K9

18 MONTHS AFTER ADVERSE REACTION DUE TO KINDLING REACTION

8 years on Prozac

Restarted under a year later for 8 weeks, kindling/adverse reaction

Here was my recovery timeline:

Adverse Reaction thru month 13: Continuous suffering (see my signature for a list of my symptoms), as I did not experience "windows" or periods of feeling good for a few days or weeks as others on this site have. However, I did note feeling just a wee bit better at night than in the mornings.

Month 14: the intense suffering abated by the end of month 14. I was relieved and amazed to be able to feel positive emotions, sleep through the night, eat food and enjoy it, etc. again.....but I was still out of sorts (like waking from a nightmare).

Month 18: I started to feel like the old me again and was fully functioning. But the nightmare, while clearly over, was still fresh. I did not feel PTSD from the ordeal, but I had yet to shake off the lingering memories of the adverse reaction and protracted suffering. I continued to visit this site often and was still a somewhat active poster at the time, although I did not feel the need to be here 24/7 like I used to.

----------------------------------------

#3.

5 YEAR RECOVERY

HOPE

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well and everyone is doing well and making progress. I wanted to check in because I've recently been talking to someone who is needing to get off their antidepressants. I've referred them to this site.

I was on Paxil for 7 years and it took me about 5 years to completely recover from the discontinuation syndrome. I am doing pretty well. My short term memory took a huge hit and I do miss my brain, but am able to work around it with lists, and post-it notes. I'm working full-time in a pretty rough high school and am managing the stress like any normal person (so much for that anxiety disorder diagnosis). I teach special education. I've been back to work for 4 years.

I did a lot of alternative medicine. Saw a few quacks along the way. But first and foremost, I would encourage anyone going through this to go slow and be patient with the process. For some people, like me, getting off the drugs wasn't the tough part, it was the part afterwards - getting my brain chemistry nervous system to normalize and recover (HUGE), and to learn to deal with life without something to numb difficult situations.

We've been through my husband losing his job, my son doing a tour in Afghanistan, and a few other tough life events. And I got through them without drugs. I began allowing myself permission to feel: to laugh out loud at inappropriate moments, to be really happy, to be really angry, to cry, to worry, and to pray.

I want to add that I've always been sensitive to wheat products. Once I really cleaned the gluten out of my diet, I really began to feel better. I noticed that when I'd eat gluten products, I'd start to feel the blues. A good friend of mine told me about that side-effect of gluten and that was life altering for me. I also don't eat dairy or wheat and try to eat as cleanly as possible.

I hope you guys are all making progress. I don't go through this site. The process for me was traumatic and I really want to move forward. Going back and looking at what I went through is still tough. But I know my situation can help others. So I do feel an obligation to share and give someone else help and hope.

Take care everyone.

Diana

--------------------------------------------------------------

AKAENEW 3.5 YEARS UPDATE

My withdrawal blog: 3.5 years

Hello to my dear paxil progress friends. Before I write these periodic posts I do not go back to look at old ones as, if I have forgotten anything, I prefer to keep it that way. I welcome you to read my progress after CT withdrawal via previous posts- I think it shows how bad you can be for so long, but then start improving. I still continue to improve- and my sleep is the greatest area of improvement. it still! seems to be normalizing. I can have wonderful nights of deep, long sleep. I still marvel at it and am thankful for this miracle, as insomnia along with massive depersonalization were my worst symptoms. It has been 3.5 years since I have taken paxil and three full years since I took the last benzo to cope with withdrawal.

Currently I cope with:

arm pain- better than when I posted 3 months ago and yesterday even pain free for awhile

upper back pain and tension- it is kind of a hardness in my upper back. this is my worst symptom now- it just doesn't seem to remit. Back rubs by my husband are therapeutic and much appreciated.

numbness and tingling in my feet- left foot worse than the right one. The intensity of this does not seem to have changed, however, in my left foot the numbness/tingling seem to be consolidating in my toes which I will consider an improvement.

Every once in awhile I will get clusters of old symptom such as abdominal pain, itching with welts, head pressure, dis-autonomia, even depersonalization - but they seem milder and fewer and farther between. Last night I had the creepy, fearful feeling but I don't have that today. It seems like it gets worse, and then I feel better. Exercise tolerance is improving. On paxil and through much of withdrawal, I was not able to exercise at all.

I keep moving forward and feel like a normal life awaits me. I am working a very challenging professional job full time, and enjoy time with my family and friends. I have had a brutal withdrawal- very bad, and I am emotionally shaken by it- but I am confident I will surmount this challenge of recovery as well, given time. I have no time table for myself as I seem to have recovered very slowly- but I know I will be fully whole someday. If you have stopped taking paxil- resolve to stay that way. Literally nothing but my will and my grit got me through to this point.

I owe my life and everything I have to this board and to three particularly wonderful friends that I met here. Petrified to even post here more than 3 years ago in the depths of CT withdrawal, I eventually began to communicate with them. Now they are vital to my being and my happiness and are, as so much of my recovery has been, a miracle. peace to you all in your road to recovery. It can happen after a CT and for me, it will. akaenew

-------------------------------------

English Annie (idk?)

19 MONTH UPDATE

English Annie!! God Bless Her!!

WELL, I ASKED FOR IT : A RECOVERY STORY

And I did indeed ask for it. In December of 2010, after being sunk in gloom for 2 or 3 months I finally went to my doctor and asked her if she could give me 'something for depression'. I knew (or thought I knew) exactly what I was doing, having briefly taken ADs before, in 1980 (yes, nineteen-eighty) and stopped them with no trouble at all. The doctor, who I'd never seen before, and haven't seen since, incidentally, prescribed Citalopram, 10mg at first ("because it has to build up in your system") then 20mg.

Back home with the filled prescription, I read the 'patient information leaflet', then put the packet on the hall shelf and hesitated for a couple of weeks, worrying.

Christmas came and went, and as soon as it was over, still as miserable as sin, I succumbed and started taking the stuff. I upped the dose to 20mg on January 8, 2011.Very, very slowly, as January went on, I started to lighten up, and life began to seem worth living again. A few minor side-effects, very slight nausea occasionally and some annoying itching, but they cleared up fairly quickly. When the Spring of 2011 came around I was feeling quite a lot better, undeniably.Work got done (although officially retired, I have a large and long-established website on a neglected aspect of medieval culture), friends and relatives were visited. All in all, things felt pretty normal.

But the nagging sense of disquiet persisted (was I really 'better', or was this just artificial contentment? It felt 'artificial' in some vague, indefinable way. Only one way to find out.

On March 6, 2011, I chopped the pills in half and then in half again so that I could make 15/10/and 5mg. Armed with these, I took 15mg from March 6 until March 14, 10mg from March15 until March 20, and 5mg from March 21. On March 30, fed up with the whole shebang, I wrote a quotation from Canterbury Tales - "Nae more o'this, for Goddes dignitie" on my study noticeboard. I have taken no SSRIs or other ADs since.

At first, all seemed to be well. But full-on withdrawal hit me in the summer of 2011. I found PP and started to read other people's posts. It took me until March 2012 to actually join and start to post myself, trying not to be too much of a moaner. Very slowly, the grosser withdrawal symptoms - the worst one for me was the near-constant feeling that I was coming down with 'flu - lethargy, aching everywhere, complete apathy, no motivation or energy to do anything at all - started to fade and then disappeared completely. As I write this, only my wobbly gait and occasional balance problems remain, but both of those are MUCH, MUCH improved now, and continue to improve daily. I get 'cabin fever' if I can't get out of the house - have done for years - so I insist on walking (about 1 mile normally) every day, with longer walks every couple of weeks.

I intend to start regular swimming again after October 31, which will mark 19 months off the Citalopram. Any 'discontinuation effects' I feel after that date I'll regard as merely residual. They will pass. I know that now.

"THE WISH FOR HEALING HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF OF HEALTH" (Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Stoic philosopher)

------------------------------------------

(Seems like 5-7 years later?)

Very interesting story, highly recommended reading:

Shea Carney

It's been a long time since I posted in the general discussion section of this forum. When I visit PaxilProgress, it is generally to answer private messages about how I am doing today. Have I completely recovered? I have received a great many inquiries, so I thought it best to post an update about how I am and what I've been up to. I want to pay forward the hope I gleaned from this site. I feel a great deal of respect and gratitude toward those who keep this site up and running because had I not been a part of this forum, wherein I could communicate with others who truly understood what I was going through, I can honestly say, I don't think I would have made it. I wish I could tell you I visit the site more than just sporadically, but, to be frank, I do my best to avoid pondering the experience, as the trauma still lingers in so much as the memories can stir dormant feelings of loss and disbelief at what occurred. I wish I could say discussing the subject didn't evoke strong emotion; that I could further distance myself from the abyss, but I am not there as of yet. I find myself in tears, at times, when I read emails from individuals who are suffering so terribly, as I once did. How do you tell someone it might take 2 years to feel human again, three years to start building a new life for yourself and 5-7 years to begin to sleep with some regularity? This was my experience, and by no means does it follow that everyone will take the same path to recovery, however, it was my experience and to convey this possibility is daunting at best.

The good news is there is life after Paxil, even after a prolonged, severe discontinuation experience. Good life. You can come through this horror and thrive if given enough time. I am not completely unscathed; I deal with lowered stress tolerance (I am generally more reactive than I used to be) and an aversion to all conventional medicinals, save Tylenol and God bless it, as it got me through my last pregnancy. Mylanta has also been a pal, and I was able overcome my fears and accept that pitocin and an epidural was a necessity (at least for me) during labor and delivery. I cannot say I am surprised by my special brand of hypervigilance. My trauma involved trusting doctors and taking a medication I knew virtually nothing about. Today I ask A LOT of questions, fervently research, weigh the risks vs. the benefits (of any med prescribed to myself or family members) and do my best to cope with whatever somataform physical response occurs when I (or someone I love) try something new, be it over the counter or prescription. This new normal is directly related to my experience and, IMHO, not such a bad thing. If doctor's think I'm nuts, so be it. I endeavor to protect myself and those I love from making the same mistake I did. Always be informed.

So there's the downside. Now on to the good stuff. I have two healthy, beautiful children that I love without measure and there was a time that I wasn't sure I'd ever feel love again or anything positive for that matter. I find that now I want to live life to the fullest everyday; some days I don't even want to go to bed because I want to savor the beauty of the moment....the feelings associated with a deep appreciation for those things I had once taken for granted.....the feeling of deep relaxation that comes with lying in the sun or taking a warm bath. The sense of wonder and joyful anticipation of taking a trip cross country or even to Disneyland...just being able to get up and go to new and exciting places. Not feeling sick all the time. Watching my children learn a grow is endlessly rewarding and fascinating. This is not to say I do not have my dark moments. I lost a great deal during the recovery period. Once in a while I find myself mourning the highly ambitious, carefree person I used to be, but that person took a lot of things for granted and perhaps lacked a bit in empathy and understanding of others. I am forever changed by the experience and grateful that I am able to grasp what is truly important in life. I have abundant blessing in that regard.

AND I sleep 7-8 hours a night most nights. What a miracle. I lived for so long with only sleeping sporadically and then 4-6 hours per night was a "good night." Usually broken sleep to boot. Sleep is a beautiful thing and I cannot tell you how thankful I am that this essential aspect of my being has returned to me. When I wake up in the morning and see that it's 8am...that I'm not up at 3am for a couple of hours and unable to fall back asleep.....I smile and give thanks for such a blessing that I am rested and can enjoy the time I have with my family.

I take vitamins & minerals (magnesium, a multi, vitamin D3, selenium, & inositol), a good probiotic, fish oil, and a couple bioidentical hormones (melatonin occasionally and progesterone cream regularly), which I think have added greatly to my general health and well being. These are not quick fixes by any means, and I was not able to tolerate all of these substances early on in my recovery, but, in the longterm, I believe they have been of great benefit.

I work part time and completed a documentary about my experience. It premiered at the San Antonio Film Festival over the summer and, God and wallet willing, we will participate in additional festivals. You have to pay to enter each festival and with my stepdaughter attending college in Paris, two little ones, and the current economic climate, we do what the wallet dictates.

So this is where I find myself today, far removed from the person who wanted to die every second or every day for so long. That poor individual who could not feel love or enjoyment in life; only fear and searing pain. I was broken, but I am here to tell you that you can put the pieces together again. You will no longer be the same, but you will learn to greatly appreciate the gifts you have been given in life when they return. I remember when I couldn't leave the house. Last summer I went camping...in the rain....slept in.....such a beautiful thing.

I sincerely hope this update gives those of you who are suffering hope that you too will recover. Just give yourself enough time. And try not to identify with what you are feeling. It is not you. No matter how real it feels, it is a manifestation of an injured central nervous system and you can and will heal in time.

~Shea Carney

-----------------------------------

3 YEAR UPDATE/RECOVERY

I wanted to check in one last time. I'm at my 3 year mark since I quit SSRI's cold turkey. It's been one heck of a trip. The first year and a half was total hell. I was on the suicidal edge more than once. I can't thank certain people here enough for talking me through this (you know who you are). I'm not completely recovered, but I will be eventually. Most of the brain fog, lethargic feelings, and anxiety has abated. It all comes down to prayer, time, and taking care of yourself. If you are at the front end of coming off and you feel hopeless, don't give up. This is not an overnight deal. Pray to the Lord for the strength to make it through each day, and eventually...the clouds will start to part and the sun will start to shine. I'm checking out and will not return. I need to move on with my life. Thank you all for all that you have done for me. Take care.

Ricky

----------------------

*Success Story* ~ almost five years since my last pill posted by pinesiskin

Quote:

Hi Paxilprogress Peeps ~

I haven't been on here in ages but was just lying in bed tonight feeling grateful for my journey and for these past few years, and I felt moved to share with you. So here I am! I hope my story gives someone hope that things can get much, much better. I would call myself 500% recovered. I have been recovered for years now...I think I posted about it three years ago, perhaps? But sometimes it's good for people to know that we can improve steadily and permanently!

I love my life, and I feel like I've grown and healed in ways I can't really comprehend. I have a loving family and great friends, a spiritual path that feeds my soul, and I am thankful for every day. My marriage is stronger than it's ever been. I garden, raise chickens and rabbits, and study Chinese Medicine. I am in excellent health and can eat whatever I want! (That has significantly improved over the past few years - I had a lot of sensitivities for a while.) I never thought I'd be here. I want to give my utmost thanks to anyone and everyone who helped me along the way. Please accept my humble gratitude!

So, five or so years ago I was an absolute disaster - after having an impossible time trying to get off AD's and anti-anxiety meds, yo-yo'ing on and off of pills, being hospitalized, put on more pills, and finally cold turkeying off everything, I was in really, really, bad shape. I mean, BAD. Physically, mentally, in just about every way. I attempted suicide. I totally lost touch with myself, with reality, with life...nobody knew what to do to help me. My hair fell out, my body did all kinds of freaky things...I was totally sick, emaciated, and lost for close to a year. It was horrible. The worst of it was, I was caring for an infant and was terrified that I was damaging my daughter, too. I was one of those paxilprogress worst-case-scenarios! Any of my old posts can attest to this (I haven't read them again and don't want to, they are pretty crazy! Please just take my word for it!)

The 'med/med-withdrawal years' were a terrifying time in my life, and it gives me such empathy for anyone who is suffering. Those who haven't been there really can't know. For those of you in the thick of it, I just want to give a gentle reminder that all things really do pass. Sometimes it takes help to get them to pass in a more timely manner, but yes, things really will change. I didn't believe this when I was wrapped up in crisis-mode, and my panic exacerbated my problems. I made all kinds of rash decisions just hoping that something was going to fix it, and I rushed around getting myself further entangled. But I understand how hard it is to not want to run around looking for answers. It's really hard to feel so out of control. I didn't make it through this alone, and I owe much of my success to those who helped me through and kept me on this planet during those dark times.

Yes, healing happens! Miracles happen! Our bodies know how to heal, they want to heal. You can get better. I won't tell you what to do or how to go about it, we are all unique and there's no one-size-fits-all approach. But please, know that there is another side, and that you can get there.

I don't spend much time thinking about what I went through any more, though when I do it serves as a reminder to be grateful for every day and to help others as best I can. I have three children now, and am a very busy being a mom, a wife, a student, and an urban farmer. My daughter, who was a baby during my dark days, is now a kindergartener. She is strong, empathetic, and grounded, with lots of friends. When she was a baby I was so worried that what I went through would 'mess her up' but she is totally solid. I healed, and our family healed too. Even through all my illness, when my mind was in shambles, when I couldn't feel my heart at all, she knew that my heart and soul loved her. We are very close and our bond is unbroken.

We didn't plan to have more children after what I went through, and had two surprises. Both were born natural, without complications - one in a bathtub! At first I was very scared to find out I was pregnant after all I'd been through, but there was nothing to fear. Birthing my son (our second child) helped me to fully understand that the storm was over, the darkness was really behind me.

Thanks for reading my story. If you are reading this and you are suffering, I hope you know that you have every reason in the world to have hope. Don't give up on it. Let your hope guide you, not your panic, or your fears. Please hold onto that, if you are feeling scared or alone. Know that there is a future waiting for you that you can't imagine, and it might be better than you ever dreamed.

Thank you ~

take care ~

<3

Kate

Thank you for taking the time to post these!  I'm going to be honest, I had tears in my eyes reading these... because I do feel that there is hope. I've already gone through so much in CT & too fast tapers...that I feel "semi-healed" just because I'm finally allowing my body to stabilize before beginning my final taper.  Again, just thank you. 

On Zoloft for 10 years (50 mg) for GAD & panic attacks

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Did CT off of Zoloft in May 2014 - bad decision!

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

Its more than hope its reality! 

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

I am reading through it again ..its unreal a true goldmine for us 

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

I am reading through it again ..its unreal a true goldmine for us 

If you enjoy reading through these stories, you may wish to read through that archived link on Paxilprogress I posted - there's a lot more updates and such on there that I didn't include in my posts because they were less straightforward in terms of recovery - but they are even more evidence that healing does take place.

I know there's more success stories on those archived Paxilprogress websites, maybe someone with more computer literacy than myself can mine that old website for success stories that haven't been posted yet? 

Here's a link to the general forum, but you can also search around the old website just as if it were still active:  https://web.archive.org/web/20140806144250/http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Thanks alot Osk! Ill check it out . Ya so much evidence that these things get WAY better like 100% better for most . Its all about time !  1-5 yrs but most people seem to be 2-3 yrs on that site. It seems a minority is longer and im sure lots of shorter ones that never get posted. 

• 4 months later...

My English isn't that good so I didn't understand how long Paul was on antidepressants? Was it three years or longer?

Citalopram 40mg from 2003-2015

Jan 2015 started tapering first dropped to 35mgFeb 30mg, March 25mgApril 20mg, May 17,5mg, June 15mgJuly 12,5mg, Aug 12,5mg,

Sep 0mg for 5 days because of stomac flu and after I raised to 7,5mg. All the symptoms of acute WD shaking, diarrhea, vomiting, barely could walk ect. Still didn't realize that it wasn't only stomac flu but I was also going through WD.

Oct 2,5mg and crashed again badly and quickly raised to 4mg. It was then when I knew my symptoms were due to WD.

Then in November after a month holding on 4mg raised to 5mg due to muscle weakness and had a VERY BAD reaction to reinstatement: akathisia(lasted for one or two weeks), insomnia, anhedonia... Drop quicly back to 4mg, Dec 3mg

Jan 2016 2,6mg( in the middle of Jan after I had been on 2,6mg for a week I tried to updose to 2,8mg and immediately had bad reaction to it: akathisia for a day, andehonia got worse. The next day dropped back to 2,6mg), Feb 2,4mg( a new symptom PGAD lasted 24/7 for 2 months after that on and off), March 2,4mg, April 2,3mg, May 2,2mg, June 2,1mg, July 2,0mg( Pgad almost nonexisting, sleeping pretty good, still some anhedonia but there has been a lot of gradual progress), Aug 1,97mg-1,89mg, Sep 1,88mg-1,49mg, Oct 1,48mg- 1,70mg,

Nov 0,65mg- current dose 0,5mg

It's not really clear. He started on Prozac in 1995, tried to stop after 3 years but was "advised to stay on them". Then he "cycled through" a number of ADs between 2001-2004 finally staying with Effexor up until 4 years prior to whenever the video was recorded.

So i'm guessing something like:

1995-2001: Prozac (with some brief intermissions)

2001-2004: Various ADs

2004-2010(?) Effexor

Effexor 150mg July 2011 - March 2014

Thank you sollicitudo! :) 

Citalopram 40mg from 2003-2015

Jan 2015 started tapering first dropped to 35mgFeb 30mg, March 25mgApril 20mg, May 17,5mg, June 15mgJuly 12,5mg, Aug 12,5mg,

Sep 0mg for 5 days because of stomac flu and after I raised to 7,5mg. All the symptoms of acute WD shaking, diarrhea, vomiting, barely could walk ect. Still didn't realize that it wasn't only stomac flu but I was also going through WD.

Oct 2,5mg and crashed again badly and quickly raised to 4mg. It was then when I knew my symptoms were due to WD.

Then in November after a month holding on 4mg raised to 5mg due to muscle weakness and had a VERY BAD reaction to reinstatement: akathisia(lasted for one or two weeks), insomnia, anhedonia... Drop quicly back to 4mg, Dec 3mg

Jan 2016 2,6mg( in the middle of Jan after I had been on 2,6mg for a week I tried to updose to 2,8mg and immediately had bad reaction to it: akathisia for a day, andehonia got worse. The next day dropped back to 2,6mg), Feb 2,4mg( a new symptom PGAD lasted 24/7 for 2 months after that on and off), March 2,4mg, April 2,3mg, May 2,2mg, June 2,1mg, July 2,0mg( Pgad almost nonexisting, sleeping pretty good, still some anhedonia but there has been a lot of gradual progress), Aug 1,97mg-1,89mg, Sep 1,88mg-1,49mg, Oct 1,48mg- 1,70mg,

Nov 0,65mg- current dose 0,5mg

• 3 months later...

Thank you so much for posting these success stories, it gives me hope!

Was on Paxil 20 mg between 2007-2016 for social anxiety.

Off Paxil since 29 february 2016, after 9 years on the drug.

Tried to reinstate 6 weeks later with no results, tried then Prozac and Zoloft on advice of psychiatrist with bad results. Meds free since 1 of june and in withdrawal which I don't know any more what it is caused by. ( Paxil, Prozac or Zoloft).

Withdrawal symptoms: severe insomnia, nausea, weight loss, anxiety, brain zaps sometimes, strange pains in different places on my body (could be caused by the anxiety though),gastrointestinal issues, jaw pain (gone now), poor memory (could be the lack of sleep), poor concentration, irritability, depression, hopelessness, rumination, tinnitus (gone)

Hi,

I spend way too much time searching for recovery stories online. But every now and then I find one. In this thread I counted three recovery stories. If you are struggling and hungry for something to cheer you up today, I suggest reading this.

http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/13607-adverse-reaction-to-prozac-still-recovering/?page=1

Lexapro: started in 2002 at 10 mgs.

Ambien: started as a as needed sleep aid in 2010.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

10/11/16: Off all psych medications

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

• Administrator

Perhaps you can summarize, Christian?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I don't know if I can call these success stories,nut what I learned from them is getting back to the same drug after stopping can harm the brain in a different and much greater scale. This is also confirmed by many failed reinstate among SA members here especially for lexapro users including myself (up dosing not even reinstate). I believe in my heart my major harm was caused by the dose increase and hope to bring awareness of extreme caution when considering reinstate/up dosing.

I read from other sources this particular nature is only true to SSIRs not benzo.

It seems this is controversy to the most popular belief and guidance to reinstate for severe WD, I read many got immediate relief after reinstate but those are mostly at initial WD. I feel for those who have their systems oversensitized, reinstate poses greater risk.

Just my thought, but feel important to share.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Yes, Alto I'm glad to. One woman was similar to me. Was on Prozac for years. Stopped. Then went back on and had an adverse reaction of several symtoms of insomnia, akasithia, anxiety, cognitive impairment, and others. Went off prozac. Symptoms went away then some came back 6 weeks later including depression. Reinstated at lower dose for 8 weeks (like me) then got worse. She then went off again and took about 9 months to feel so so. 13 months to feel human. And I think 20-ish months she felt cured. She went 4 months with no sleep in the early days and seemed like once her sleep returned her cog fog improved some. Her story is in the first part of the thread and two others chimed in with their healing as well.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.

I don't know if I can call these success stories,nut what I learned from them is getting back to the same drug after stopping can harm the brain in a different and much greater scale. This is also confirmed by many failed reinstate among SA members here especially for lexapro users including myself (up dosing not even reinstate). I believe in my heart my major harm was caused by the dose increase and hope to bring awareness of extreme caution when considering reinstate/up dosing.

I read from other sources this particular nature is only true to SSIRs not benzo.

It seems this is controversy to the most popular belief and guidance to reinstate for severe WD, I read many got immediate relief after reinstate but those are mostly at initial WD. I feel for those who have their systems oversensitized, reinstate poses greater risk.

Just my thought, but feel important to share.

She did heal after two failed reinstatements. She healed off the meds 20 months later. Two others did too. But yes reinstating can be dangerous. I know that first hand.

I must missed reading all posts in detail!

Great to know their success!

How are you doing, Christan?

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

I'm about the same. I'll be updating my thread soon. Been waiting for some Dr visits/procedures to happen first so I can share something other than just "hi, I'm still in agony.....please help me"!

• 2 months later...

Are there recovery success stories of people who took Risperdal?

Took Risperdal (4 mg for one week, 2 mg for some weeks and 3 mg for three days) from early August to early September 2016.

i've heard of i think 3 successful recovery stories so far, i have faith that there are more but people just don't post them.

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.

• 2 months later...
  • Mentor

I took risperdal and have fully recovered from going off it cold turkey ;)

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

• 4 months later...

Bumo.

Paxil 20mg started around 2013 dropped to 10 mg at some point dropped to 5mg for 1 week then C/T August 2016.

Buspar 10 mg 2x daily started 2013 fluctuating amounts.

Tried cylexa 1 week at beginning of August 2016.

Tried wellbutrin 1 week after cylexa stopped both.

I have been off all meds for around 4- 5 years.

If you really look around there are many success stories although it would be helpful to have even more. It seems that most members just want to move on after recovery and live their life which is totally understandable. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I love reading them AliG they give me hope. I read this thread a lot!

Paxil 20mg started around 2013 dropped to 10 mg at some point dropped to 5mg for 1 week then C/T August 2016.

Buspar 10 mg 2x daily started 2013 fluctuating amounts.

Tried cylexa 1 week at beginning of August 2016.

Tried wellbutrin 1 week after cylexa stopped both.

I have been off all meds for around 4- 5 years.

Dwell: That is why you should do well. You can see the glass not half empty but full.  :)  It's important to have positivity and hope.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 6 months later...

http://storage.googleapis.com/wzukusers/user-17253345/documents/56c92b22aa118sjMRtKF/Benzo success stories rev 2 modified.pdf

I found a large collection of success stories online. Most of them are benzo stories but some are ADs and other psych meds as well. 

2011-2014: 25-50mg Zoloft then CT via doctors advice. Some mild physical sx but fully functioning, unaware that withdrawal was a thing. Dr didn’t know why I was chronically dizzy with brain fog & advised to try Zoloft again.

2016: severe adverse reactions to Zoloft (1 dose), Paxil (3 weeks), celexa (2 weeks), buspar (1 dose), lamictal (4 doses). Ativan 12 times within a month. Also tried Xanax & klonopin a couple times. Each reaction became more severe. Kindled. Became disabled from these meds.

Drug free 12-16-2016
Month 1-20: +5% healing every month
Month 21- present: setback to acute from amoxicillin antibiotic (1 dose)
Month 32- 11 months into setback from antibiotic. Seems I was floxed by amoxicillin somehow. Horrific.

Thanks Waiting! Haven't read the stories yet, but I'm sure I and others will at some point. 
Best wishes,

M.

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2012 at 2:23 AM, Altostrata said:

Some of these are stories of living successful lives without psychiatric medication despite extreme diagnoses and some are recovery from psychiatric withdrawal syndromes:

Drug free recovery from depression, anxiety, bipolar, schizophrenia, etc…

http://beyondmeds.com/recovery-stories/

Psychosis recovery: stories, information and resources

http://beyondmeds.com/recoverypsychosis/

Posted by permission of Gianna Kali.

Thank you very much for posting this.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

I love reading the success stories on this site. Has anyone made it through abilify withdrawal. I am weaningoff now and so scared. Thanks for this site. 

Lexapro 2m Feb 2000

Ambien cr 6.5 April 2006

Abilify March 2016

Abilify taper started Feb 5 2018 

started taper at 1.5  now at 1

• 2 months later...

I am glad you wrote "success stories" and not recovery stories, for I do not believe in such a thing as a full recovery story. We are so complicated as people how do you compare a balanced recovery as against completely recovered or even a partial recovery, it does seem to me to be more of an opinion or observation than a fact. Who is the referee. For example I consider myself a success story but not a recovery story. When I was on Zoloft for 10 years 1995 to 2004, After a few years i decided to go of my 250mg zoloft got a few days then back on so my wife and I could have have some pleasure in our relationship. This worked for the most part for a year. My psychiatrist said I am going to stop you doing this for this hit and miss approach to the Zoloft is pointless so he stopped me cold turkey. There were no withdrawal symptoms but my illness persisted  so then I went on a further concoction of drugs.  A year later or more after a huge stress attack I had my self admitted to psych hospital for a week or two. The head psychiatrist put me back on then a gradual increase to 300mg Zoloft for approx 11 years till Dec 18. So far this year I have been drug free, but, experiencing uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that I do tolerate. I accept that I may not have been bipolar. Frankly I don't care what it was, I don't care. I am just grateful I am off zoloft. So yes I am a success story but I am not a recovery story for the real battle has just begun the demons I contended with back before 1970 are still there, but I am happy to be in contention with the former demons than to be in a time warp called the god ofZoloft.  This held me captive as a slave to the elements and contrivances of a stupefying drug than a help. Thank you my former god Zoloft for being such a useless and pointless exercise to my meager existence.  My contempt for you will last a long time into futurity.

After 48 years of illness.🤤 Diagnosed for 34 years as bipolar of which i was on zoloft for 23 years. 300mg for the past 5 years.😲 I stoped zoloft mid  December 2017 tapering 25mg per week.🤒 Stopped completely 4 months later mid April 2018. A good decision but not without its problems. Incessant itching all over my body also patches of welps on my trunk and upper legs. After a trial of various kinds, soaking my body in all kinds of substances, ended up using goat milk soap and PawPaw soap which helps a lot. Eventually my body will forgive me for my excess use of of a drug. The only questions left remaining are 👀will i deal with my future stressors effectively and appropriately, has my 48 years of negative and positive experiances been a help or are there still underlying problems the the "god zoloft"🙏 only covered over since my youth, the comming years will reveal all.

My quote: "you must learn to laugh at yourself then you are a survivor."😉👑

• 3 weeks later...

Old direct message from another member that I received a year ago:

Hello, I was just looking up some old posts and I'm just dropping in to see how you are doing. Have your symptoms seemed to decrease over Time? Or are they still overwhelming to this day? Any information helps, thank you :)

Hi, yes my symptoms have decreased significantly over time so that now the only remaining symptoms are minor and have no impact to my lifestyle. I am confident that the remaining symptoms will resolve over time as the other symptoms have done.

i hope that helps you....

•  

• 8 months later...
On 7/22/2015 at 7:27 PM, oskcajga said:

It's probably a good thing that he accumulated wealth while he was healthy - it obviously buoyed him during WD (that Porsche and house).  Many normal people who don't accumulate wealth could end up losing most of their former life if they are too badly disabled.  It happened to me, and I wasn't even one of the most severe cases.  I was still able to go out into the world and do things. 

I suppose if one has a very supportive family or friend system that doesn't mind having someone around that doesn't work, that's another way to get through this.  That's basically my situation  - living with my father, he's not very pushy about me not working.

Without $$ or a supportive family, this process can get very tricky.  I think I'd be homeless without my father - possibly very sick, or even dead.

Withdrawal and adverse reactions are very very dangerous and highly disabling.

Really we all deserve compensation ( our families too) for the multiplicity of losses but sadly not possible for most of us to mount any legal action. 

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2012 at 8:43 PM, Altostrata said:

lianne, many people, probably the majority, recover within months from withdrawal symptoms. It's a minority who are sensitive to dosage reductions and, if they taper too quickly, suffer for a very long time.

The people who have minor difficulty getting off a psychiatric drug don't join sites like this one because they have no reason to.

Do you still believe this, Alto?

I really hope I can recover in months and not years. 

Originally at 100 mg Zoloft and 150 mg xl Wellbutrin for ten years. 

Abruptly dropped 50 mg of Zoloft April 2018.

Cut Wellbutrin in half (75 mg) for a month in December 2018.

Cold turkeyed Wellbutrin January 2019.

Reinstated Wellbutrin half of 150 xl (75 mg) in January 2019 and added Xanax.

ER visit iv of 5 mg Haloperidol.

Finished Xanax taper, cold turkeyed Wellbutrin February 2019 and added 10 mg buspar twice daily.

Tapering buspar

50 mg Zoloft at 10:00 am

2.5 mg buspar at 9:00 pm