SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Recovery Success Stories from Around the Web

• Administrator

Thanks, @boost909

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

This YouTube channel is run by Angela Peacock MSW. She is a US Army veteran. She was featured in the film 'Medicating Normal'. She has lots of helpful videos that are free in addition to being a coach that you can pay for. She had a very bad when she came off the meds and in watching these videos she has quite obviously made a spectacular recovery.

https://www.youtube.com/@AngiePeacockMSW/featured

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Does constant stress affect the time of recovery? ie lifting weights, walking at night, etc

2021 mid February  lexapro 10 mg

2022 start Jan - end January  (30 day taper to 10 mg - 0 mg of lexapro using nail filer) ,

100mg of 5HTP mid feb- end feb 

mid may 2022 - mid november 2022 taper 1.0 mg lexapro unorthodox taper to 0.0 mg by mixing it up with salt water

Hi there it takes time and monitoring of how much you can exert yourself it can easily tip you into a wave be very careful as if you have just started your recovery your much more at risk unfortunately there is now precursor to indicate what level of level of  energy or time that may set off a wave or how delayed it may be for onset it the only signs I can think of is the it causes nervous  muscle strain into anxiety and the other it converts work out fatigue into muscular pain and then triggers a wave with all or most symptoms this all in my experiences I do power walking jogging  and cycling and three half hour gym works a week it's taken me years maybe 6 or 7 years remember it's not a race of how far or hard you can go time is of the essence little by little until you get a feel then you may take it up a notch hope this helps all the bro.

I've been medication free for 65 months and a half months as posted of May 30th 2021 , stopped   med's December 14th 2015,  history  20 years on  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide sometime in 2012 then about a year later lowered Prozac  dose to 20mg  per day, then changed to Paroxetine, then change to a Mirtazapine,  then change to Lexapro,  then changed to Brintellix,  then changed to Edronax  all at 10mgs or less  over a period of about  year,   Edronax tapered 4mg to 2mg over  10 weeks, 2 mg for 8 weeks 1 mg for 10 weeks  stopped all meds completely 14 December 2015  3 months later all HELL broke loose 

18 Jan 2019 reinstated Prozac  .25 mg then ceased 8/8/20

ty 

Do your cumulative waves from stress affect the length of total time of PAWS? Will I get the same amount of recovery in a day if I was stressed as opposed to not being stressed?

I was lifting 4 days a week for a few months, but I took a week off and have 25% less symptoms than I would have had if I was lifting that week. 

I'm 16 months out from my last dose of Lexapro. 

2021 mid February  lexapro 10 mg

2022 start Jan - end January  (30 day taper to 10 mg - 0 mg of lexapro using nail filer) ,

100mg of 5HTP mid feb- end feb 

mid may 2022 - mid november 2022 taper 1.0 mg lexapro unorthodox taper to 0.0 mg by mixing it up with salt water

Do your cumulative waves from stress affect the length of total time of PAWS?     i think i know what you mean i would say yes and by keeping  your body calm and keep added stressed down  your not adding to your present symptoms.... What you say  makes sense it appears your exercise regime looks like your aggregating your nervous system the load is to much that's why you have lesser symptoms or no symptoms when you miss out or abstain from exercise find a lower level of exercise or  by spread it over time in the day  until you  find a level where you get no added  symptoms then you can  monitor yourself as you increase the workload gradually as your body and nervous system can get use to or adjust  without any symptoms flair up. Fatigue worn out feeling can trigger symptoms and an all over nervous trembling  from over straining will do it as  I mentioned before can all trigger symptoms and prelong PAWS  i think but can't prove it whose to know how long your PAWS is going to last in the first place but I have experienced in the past  from over exercising 

I've been medication free for 65 months and a half months as posted of May 30th 2021 , stopped   med's December 14th 2015,  history  20 years on  Prozac 80mg & Moclobemide 150 mg  per day,  stopped  Moclobemide sometime in 2012 then about a year later lowered Prozac  dose to 20mg  per day, then changed to Paroxetine, then change to a Mirtazapine,  then change to Lexapro,  then changed to Brintellix,  then changed to Edronax  all at 10mgs or less  over a period of about  year,   Edronax tapered 4mg to 2mg over  10 weeks, 2 mg for 8 weeks 1 mg for 10 weeks  stopped all meds completely 14 December 2015  3 months later all HELL broke loose 

18 Jan 2019 reinstated Prozac  .25 mg then ceased 8/8/20

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 5:29 PM, Joeindians said:

ty 

Do your cumulative waves from stress affect the length of total time of PAWS? Will I get the same amount of recovery in a day if I was stressed as opposed to not being stressed?

I was lifting 4 days a week for a few months, but I took a week off and have 25% less symptoms than I would have had if I was lifting that week. 

I'm 16 months out from my last dose of Lexapro. 

sounds to me like you should definitely stop the exercising routine and keep exercising to going for a walk etc. exercising is pretty much the worst you can do to your body. For me it has worse effects than drinking alcohol, or even caffeine... I know it sounds mad and infuriating, but I think it's like this for a lot of us.

Nov 2019: put on amitriptyline 100mg for insomnia. Worked great, sleep back to normal by March 2020

Jan 2020: Amitriptyline down to 50mg. Some withdrawal for two weeks.

April-May 2020: tapered off amitriptyline a first time over 6 weeks. withdrawal.

June 2020: reinstated amitriptyline 50mg a first time. Things improved progressively for 6 months. Backto normal in November

December 2020: new attempt at tapering amitriptyline (from 50mg), slower this time

February 2021: 30mg amitriptyline... withdrawal starts

March 2021: reinstatement 35mg amitriptyline, then 50mg late march.

April 2021: increased dosage to 75mg; Kindling started, HORRIFIC.

July 2021: reinstatement clearly made things worse so I decide to taper slowly again, at 2.5mg per month

March-April 2022: I hit 45mg amitriptyline dosage, withdrawal has drastically improved, symptom intensity down to 2 or 3 out of ten. Able to exercise, drink etc no issues. I pause the taper. I have stayed on 45mg of amitriptyline ever since.

May 2022: New wave of withdrawal, lasts until January 2023 (nerve pain in my skull)

May 2023: New wave, this time anxiety and pins and needles in my head, much like the kindling reaction in 2021. Not sure what caused it. Wave still ongoing.