squirrel

Recovery Success Stories from Around the Web

158 posts in this topic

I don't know if I can call these success stories,nut what I learned from them is getting back to the same drug after stopping can harm the brain in a different and much greater scale. This is also confirmed by many failed reinstate among SA members here especially for lexapro users including myself (up dosing not even reinstate). I believe in my heart my major harm was caused by the dose increase and hope to bring awareness of extreme caution when considering reinstate/up dosing.

I read from other sources this particular nature is only true to SSIRs not benzo.

It seems this is controversy to the most popular belief and guidance to reinstate for severe WD, I read many got immediate relief after reinstate but those are mostly at initial WD. I feel for those who have their systems oversensitized, reinstate poses greater risk.

Just my thought, but feel important to share.

Yes, Alto I'm glad to. One woman was similar to me. Was on Prozac for years. Stopped. Then went back on and had an adverse reaction of several symtoms of insomnia, akasithia, anxiety, cognitive impairment, and others. Went off prozac. Symptoms went away then some came back 6 weeks later including depression. Reinstated at lower dose for 8 weeks (like me) then got worse. She then went off again and took about 9 months to feel so so. 13 months to feel human. And I think 20-ish months she felt cured. She went 4 months with no sleep in the early days and seemed like once her sleep returned her cog fog improved some. Her story is in the first part of the thread and two others chimed in with their healing as well.

I don't know if I can call these success stories,nut what I learned from them is getting back to the same drug after stopping can harm the brain in a different and much greater scale. This is also confirmed by many failed reinstate among SA members here especially for lexapro users including myself (up dosing not even reinstate). I believe in my heart my major harm was caused by the dose increase and hope to bring awareness of extreme caution when considering reinstate/up dosing.

I read from other sources this particular nature is only true to SSIRs not benzo.

It seems this is controversy to the most popular belief and guidance to reinstate for severe WD, I read many got immediate relief after reinstate but those are mostly at initial WD. I feel for those who have their systems oversensitized, reinstate poses greater risk.

Just my thought, but feel important to share.

She did heal after two failed reinstatements. She healed off the meds 20 months later. Two others did too. But yes reinstating can be dangerous. I know that first hand.

I must missed reading all posts in detail!

Great to know their success!

How are you doing, Christan?

I'm about the same. I'll be updating my thread soon. Been waiting for some Dr visits/procedures to happen first so I can share something other than just "hi, I'm still in agony.....please help me"!

Are there recovery success stories of people who took Risperdal?

i've heard of i think 3 successful recovery stories so far, i have faith that there are more but people just don't post them.

I took risperdal and have fully recovered from going off it cold turkey ;)

Thanking the Lord!!!!

Bumo.

If you really look around there are many success stories although it would be helpful to have even more. It seems that most members just want to move on after recovery and live their life which is totally understandable. 

I love reading them AliG they give me hope. I read this thread a lot!

Dwell: That is why you should do well. You can see the glass not half empty but full.  :)  It's important to have positivity and hope.