SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

gn11: WD symptoms appearing at 5mg due to cortisol dysfunction after eye surgery

Hello I am new to this forum. I have a particular situation where I had cut down a long time ago from 10 mg of Celexa to 5 mg  and was able to stay in that doe for a long time. However when I tried to discontinue...i had severe withdrawal symptoms. I went back to five and stayed on 5 for over a year.

I had eye surgery due to glaucoma and I believe that the cortisone drops have created a cortisol dysfunction situation. It seems that when I have stress I begin to  have withdrawal symptoms and increasing to 10 mg of Celexa works to ease the symptoms. I will like to eventually get off but now I feel stuck with the cortisol situation. I am taaking a leave from work soon to see if lower stress help with my situation. I believe that I am reacting to relatievely minor situations as if they were threatening. Any thoughts would be appreciated!  

2006-2007 Lexapro (not sure of dose) in 2006

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

November 2013  started 10 mg of Celexa for hormonal symptoms

early 2014 cutdown Celexa to 5 mg.Attempted to get off it November 2014 and had  

Anxiety increased  every time I used  an OTC or had stress.

April-May Cortisol spike problems 

July 2016 Started taking liquid Celexa 7.5 mg

June 2021 I finished my taper en

Severe anxiety and insomnia

June 2022 symptoms omproved

July 2023 gut issues and sleep issues contnue

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome gn!

I don't have any answers for you about the cortisone affecting your cortisol. Someone else might.

Your difficulties going directly from 5 mg Lexapro to 0 are shared by many people. Members on this forum are working toward 0 mg by using tapered doses between 10, 5 and 0 mg that aren't provided by the manufacturers before jumping off.

To minimize the risk of withdrawal symptoms, we recommend the next dose as 90% of your current dose, i.e. reducing by 10%.  The reasons for this are explained here: Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

You're now at 10 mg; if you reduce by 10% the next dose would be 9.0 mg.  You'll  find information about how to do that here: Tips for tapering off Celexa (citalopram)

Before making any changes, please wait until you get some feedback from a moderator. They'll have the word "Moderator" instead of "Members" below their avatar/photo.

It's helpful for the moderators to provide them a quick way to see your current prescriptions -- all of them, not just psych drugs -- and your withdrawal history.  The best tool we have for that is our signatures (the light gray information below my post) Here's how to create yours: Please put your withdrawal history in a signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thank you Silver Star. I've reading some posts and I began to think that perhaps what happened doesn't have anything with the cortisol drops. Due to the stress of surgery and work I may have gone into cortisol dysfunction. I know that my body was acting as if I had multiple allergies in March and April but no allergies were found  I actually have been having symptoms of withdrawal at 5 mg. It may have been that I went up to 10 for a few days and then went back to 5 suddenly.

After reading different posts I decided to get back to ten and stay there for a while. I will then taper off slowly by 10% over the long term.. By the way acupuncture really helps with the symptoms.

I'll wait to hear from a moderator. I am not sure that I am clear about the arrow by my name for the signature??

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome GN11,

I think you may be right that the stress of surgery has caused an increase of symptoms.  Stress of any nature can do this.  When was your surgery, and what were the allergies you were having?  It may be that they were an adverse reaction to Celexa.  Sometimes our bodies reach a point of no longer tolerating a drug, and will give us signs to that effect. 

If you had been at 5mg for a long time, then spiked to 10mg (for how long?) then back to 5mg, you may be better off stabilising at 5mg rather than 10mg.  Especially if your body is now reacting negatively to Celexa.  Changing doses also causes destabilisation for your Central Nervous System - have a read of Keep it Simple; Keep it Slow; Keep it Stable

Instead of changing dose to try to relieve w/d symptoms, there are many Non-Drug Techniques you can use.  This is what most of us are learning to do, and it makes for a much smoother transition off drugs.

It's good to have you here GN11.  Feel free to ask more questions in this thread.  (And thanks Scallywag for a spot-on welcome).

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thanks for the answer! I increased to 10 mg and started to feel better. I still have some muscle twitches but milder and less...I was thinking I will triy to stabilize at 10 mg and then bring myself back down to 5 mg by the suggested 10% and then get off it gradually over a period of time. Any suggestions on how long I should stay  at 10 before I start cutting down?

I was on the cortisone drops longer that I should have and I think my immune system went array. I had several infections and symptoms that mimic allergies. My sinus problems became worse although this has improved. I do a lot of research and have tried many things but any suggestions on supplements will be appreciated!

I just increased my  dose for 5 mg Celexa to 10 mg because of increased symptoms related to surgery. Any suggestions on how long to stay before starting a long tapered withdrawal?? I am going on a leave from work so I want to do it while on a low stress situation.

Edited by KarenB
merged Intro topics

Gn11,

Please put all of your comments and questions in your introductory topic, it is only one topic to a member in the Intros forum (I know it is confusing, I did the same thing when I first got here).

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12344-gn11-wd-symptoms-appearing-at-5mg-due-to-cortisol-dysfunction-after-eye-surgery/

Bookmark it so you can find it every time you want to ask a question or give an update.

It is about your particular situation and is a part of your story. Expect this post to be moved there soon....

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Welcome GN11,

I think you may be right that the stress of surgery has caused an increase of symptoms.  Stress of any nature can do this.  When was your surgery, and what were the allergies you were having?  It may be that they were an adverse reaction to Celexa.  Sometimes our bodies reach a point of no longer tolerating a drug, and will give us signs to that effect. 

whether I perhaps should do 7.5 instead and see how I do or should I stay with 10 for a while since I already started. I was doing poorly aI could do 7.5 tomorrow and see how I do with that and stabilize on thatt 5.

If you had been at 5mg for a long time, then spiked to 10mg (for how long?) then back to 5mg, you may be better off stabilising at 5mg rather than 10mg.  Especially if your body is now reacting negatively to Celexa.  Changing doses also causes destabilisation for your Central Nervous System - have a read of Keep it Simple; Keep it Slow; Keep it Stable

Instead of changing dose to try to relieve w/d symptoms, there are many Non-Drug Techniques you can use.  This is what most of us are learning to do, and it makes for a much smoother transition off drugs.

It's good to have you here GN11.  Feel free to ask more questions in this thread.  (And thanks Scallywag for a spot-on welcome).

Karen

I looked at some of the recommended approaches to get off meds and I already do some of them. I would add acupuncture to the list. On another note, I have been on 10 mg for 3 days...I read that it takes 4 days for the brain to begin to feel the effect. I was wondering whether I could do 8 instead starting tomorrow? 

• Moderator Emeritus

You probably could change to 8mg, as it's only been 3 days.  Finding the lowest workable dose is a good idea, as you will then have less to taper off.  Once you are settled, I'd wait at least a month before reducing again.  More importantly, keep tabs on your symptoms and wait till they are telling you they are good and ready.  It might be two months. 

It's interesting to me that you mention increased infections.  I've been having a similar issue, with hang-nails becoming infected, and a cold/sore-throat I can't seem to shake.  I've started having a good quality vitamin C each day.  The nail infections are now gone, but the cold seems to be taking longer.  I've been thinking that immunity in general seems to become lowered during w/d, so I need to pay attention to building it up.  I plan to start drinking nettle tea too. 

As with any supplement, start at a low dose and slowly build your way up.  And introduce them one at a time so if you get issues, you know what has caused it. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

Than you Gold Star. I will do 8 tomorrow and try to stabilize on that. I feel ten may be too much. I have been doing vitamin D and Lysine for a long time. The only thing I added recently (a couple of weeks ago  was vitamin C due the increase in infections)  Right now I do Vitamins C, D and Lysine. I am also a glaucoma sufferer so I I'm doing 2 different kind of drops in one eye. The other one the pressure is down from the surgery. The drops I've been for a while and I'm trying to stay consistent.  I am ready for the long haul on this one and glad I am going on a leave from work so I can reduce the stress while doing it. I am not able to handle any emotional or physical stress right now. BTW, high cortisol levels depresses the immune system.

I changed from pills to liquid to be exacting in my updose to 7.5 from 5 due to reappearing withdrawal symptoms. I will taper from 7.5  after stabilizing for 2 months. I read that there are some concerns about changing from pill to liquid form because it is metabolized quicker. It is not practical for me to do both at this time...any thoughts about what the concerns are? Are there any suggestions to help the shift.  I understand and appreciate the sharing of info but the variation of advise can be daunting at times. I know I need to do this by paying attention to my body! Some simple hints may haelpme at this time. thanks

• Moderator Emeritus

We've heard of reactions when people try to cut dose and switch to liquid, and when keeping same dose and switching. The fact that you're updosing may compensate for any formulation change reaction.  You could also take part of your dose as liquid, part as tablet. Then increase in a few steps to 100% dose by liquid.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

Thanks Scallywag! I am on my second day of liquid formulation and in my 4th day of updosing to 7.5. I am still having some mild symptoms but nothing to concerning at this time. Mostly when I talk too much at work about issues that are going on. Maybe the updosing will help with the transition to liquid. Using both pill f and liquid right now seems too hard. I may get a digital scale just in case I need to do so. Anyhow, I will keep close attention to any changes in my body

• Moderator Emeritus

If you've already made the change to liquid and you're doing okay, don't worry about trying the combination of pill and liquid. And, save your money unless you've got some interesting home science projects that need the scale. :D

scallywag's Introduction

Thanks scallywag!  Simplicity helps right now. I will be moving at the end of July so I hope to minimize stress. I still have some muscle twitches, ringing in the ears (which I developed 3 months ago) and light headness. I am sleeping well and my anxiety has subsided. I do a lot of alternative approaches such as acupuncture and meditation and this helps a lot.

I have now been in the liquid form of Celexa for a week and 7.5 mg for about 10 days It has been somehow rocky in that it took me a while to get good at doing the syringe. I also went out of town and the syringe I had lost  its  marking. I don't think I was doing the exact dose for a couple of days. It was also a difficult trip as I'm looking for a place to move in a month and half. Anyhow. I got more syringes and found 5 ml and 1 ml. I took the exact dose today. I have been feeling like it is too much. Cortisol level feels high. ..had anxiety. I went to the acupuncture and it help me some...lots of stress at work and it is hot and sunny. I am wondering whether I should hang out here for another 3 weeks and then reduce my first 10 %...on my way back down?  I kind of wish I had updose to 6 mg but I didn't have any information at the time to how to do this effectively so I went higher than I should have.

Any help appreciated!

• Moderator Emeritus

There is certainly no need to rush into making a reduction, in fact it is very wise to hold until you are feeling more stable.  Give it maybe a week of exact doses before you reassess how you are feeling.  Hopefully the anxiety will have reduced a bit.  If it does improve, then it's a good idea to spend at least a few weeks after that to allow further stabilisation.  Reducing too soon after reinstating will just mess you round too much. 

Till then, keep that self-care going!

8 month hold.

• Moderator Emeritus

Just a thought, I wonder if putting clear adhesive tape over the markings would prevent or at least slow down the wear on the gradations. Worth a try?

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you scallywag and KarenB,

I feel better today. I had so much stress over the weekend and early this week that I think it made things much worse. I am now doing 300 mg of magnesium and will have acupuncture tomorrow. I was able to handle a stressful situation at work much better today.

Thanks for the suggestion of using  clear tape. I will try to experiment this weekend with it  scallywag. ..now i have at least 5 1 ml syringes and 3 5 ml syringes. I will order more  through my compounding pharmacist.

At least I'm not getting sick all of the time and having major reactions to all kinds of things like I did for about 3 months. I have learned a lot from reading this site...I'm horrified at the state of western medicine and the privilege given to medical doctors...I knew this before but now when I read all of this horror stories and unmitigated suffering coupled with ignorance...well I have no words ...

Today I seemed to have gone on a little bit of down turn from the cortisol high and better day I had yesterday...I am having dizziness, more sinus problems and general dryness in my eys. I slept longer than I meant and I may have had some apneas which usually make me dizzy. I usually use a nose contraption to help with sleep. I was also doing calming things. Or  I think that there are  waves and windows as my brain tries to stabilize from the up-dose to 7.5 and the fact that I couldn't measure it correctly when  for a few days. A little down and low energy but not extreme. I gave up coffee a week ago and I'm drinking black tea.  Is there a forum for the  updosing...mostly I find reinstating?

Thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

There's this, which covers both:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4244-after-reinstating-or-updosing-how-long-to-stabilize/  There is not much difference between the two in terms of stabilising, as there are so many variables that affect the time it takes to stabilise anyway.   

8 month hold.

I've been observing my reaction after taking the med today: slight raise of heart beat and dryness of eye and mouth after about 1/2 hour. I read on the reinstating/updosing forum that one should check and see if get certain symptoms regularly after taking the drug...something I hadn't done before.

One the other hand my cortisol spike has been going down. After being in low energy,  dizzy state yesterday...I woke up with the discomfort of a cortisol spike it took about 3 hours to get better ...after soothing music, eating etc. I will observe until next Wed when my week on being in an accurate dose.

How can I tell if this is too high of a dose and I'm having a  reaction rather than the withdrawal  effects? Again with exception of slight dehydration yesterday I'm not getting sick...taking it easy seems to help me ...

• Moderator Emeritus

GN11: how you discern about the source of symptoms is by tracking them. Record them on paper with the time they appear and the time of your dose(s). For example:

7:00 am woke up, lower cortisol surge than yesterday

7:30 am 3.75 Lexapro (liquid) with breakfast, took vitamins D, 250 mg C, 1000 mg Lysine

10:00 am heart palpitations

12:30 pm lunch, took other 250 mg C

5:00 pm dizziness when I stood up after sitting

6:30 pm dinner

etc.

scallywag's Introduction

Thanks Scally! I will start this method tomorrow. It is definetely a new habit to have to keep up with this stuff....but hey I'm willing.

Best wishes!

I am worried as I was feeling better by 10 am after struggling with morning  cortisol.. I usually take my dose by 10 am by 10:30 I noticed hear palpitations, dryness, slight anxiety and intensity again. It just feels like too much. I've read that if someone develops sensitivity to a drug they need to cut down or quit pretty quickly to not incur more damage. It seems like I'm having a reaction to the dose??One of the things that happened to me is that I developed multiple sensitivities after my surgery and I was running to the doctor every couple of weeks with something: hives, severe sinus problems , nausea. I had a car accident in the middle of of all of this. I am afraid to go out feeling this way. I have tried magnesium, chamomile tea and loads of water to stay hydrated. I have been dehydrated before and got sick.

I am not sick now but the intensity is paralyzing me. I guess I am afraid that the dose is too much...In the light of past inconsistency, I'm also afraid to change anything. There was a posting ( I think by Alto) about reducing the dose if you are having symptoms to the drug. I will try to find it....trying not get anxious about the symptoms because it adds to it

• Moderator Emeritus

Hives, sinus, nausea - all of these are w/d symptoms. 

Coconut water is great for hydrating, as is water with a teaspoon of honey in it and even a tiny pinch of salt (pink himalayan salt is even better). 

Even when there are adverse reactions, it is necessary to reduce as carefully as possible so as not to create extra destabilisation in your CNS.  Right now your CNS is already pretty stressed out, and needs as much stability as possible.  It is likely that the symptoms you are getting are w/d symptoms from so many dose changes.  Scallywag's idea of closely monitoring those symptoms really is what you need to do for now. 

Please do keep us posted on what is happening. 

8 month hold.

Hives, sinus, nausea - all of these are w/d symptoms. 

Coconut water is great for hydrating, as is water with a teaspoon of honey in it and even a tiny pinch of salt (pink himalayan salt is even better). 

Even when there are adverse reactions, it is necessary to reduce as carefully as possible so as not to create extra destabilisation in your CNS.  Right now your CNS is already pretty stressed out, and needs as much stability as possible.  It is likely that the symptoms you are getting are w/d symptoms from so many dose changes.  Scallywag's idea of closely monitoring those symptoms really is what you need to do for now. 

Please do keep us posted on what is happening. 

I no longer have hives or extremely serious sinus problems. This is what was going for me after the surgery. I had no idea I was having withdrawal symptoms as I had been stable on 5 mg for over a year. I spent 2 months researching for a  possible cause for my situation and had every allergy test under the sun. It was the cortisol reaction that led me to investigate the relationship between cortisol and celexa..  This finally made me realize that I was having w/d symptoms...3 months, 3 doctors, a chiropractor..all .thinking I was dealing with allergies and an a weakened immune system due to the surgery...well, anyhow, at least now I know what I'm dealing with. I will follow yours and Scally's suggestion and try to keep close track and work on my stability.Thanks for the suggestions   

• Moderator Emeritus

gn11, just to validate your experience with withdrawal symptoms while on the drug, I've read others' stories of being supposedly stable on an AD but then a big stressor came, a divorce or something like that, and now the person was having withdrawal symptoms!  I think we can hum along just above the line with these drugs but stress throws us into the reality of the situation, an iatrogenic destabilizing of the nervous system from chronic use.

I am in agreement with the others, that hastening coming off could make things much worse.  It's a fine line we have to walk sometimes.  So, yes, lots of self-care to keep the secondary fear at bay.

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

Thank to all! I started to track my symptoms. I also put a darkening shade on my window. My cortisol reaction was normal but I was dizzy for a couple of hours after waking up. I was afraid to do my dose but this time it didn't affect me the way it did yesterday. Actually today I am kind  in low cycle...not my mood but my energy and not much anxiety but feel likem maybe a little low blood pressured and/or low sugar. I will look at self-care for the physical lows. I do seem to sleep okay for the most part.

I will keep tracking and giving updates. Thinking about finding a solution for my upcoming move so I can minimize my stress.  

• Administrator

Hello, gn.

Are you still taking the cortisone drops? Please track your symptoms and drug dosages as scallywag requested. This will help us determine what's doing what.

Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html
and copy and paste the results in this topic.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

No, I'm not on cortisone drops, I stopped sometime in March. It was during this time that I started having all of the severe symptoms affecting my overall system, I do drops for glaucoma and one of them are beta blockers. I started closely tracking my symptoms after meds. I wiil do the drug interaction checker.

Here is today:

8:00 am woke up dizzy/nausea drank water

8:30 ate oatmeal, 1/2 banana and candied ginger for nausea, more water with about 100 mg of magnesium

9:00  took Lysine 1000 mg and Vitamin D 2000 mg

9:45 nausea began to subside

10:00 took 7.5 mg of Celexa (3.75 ml) ate half a banana. 1/2 cup of milk and some almond butter

10;30 much milder symptoms than yesterday  mild palpitations and some increase in  eye and mouth dryness. Dizziness much better at this point

11 am had black tea with cream and a glass of water at coffeehouse. Some mild discomfort (sinus pressure, light headness when talking)

1;30-2:30 light lunch and more talking

3:00 low energy;light headed; left friend's house

Seemed okay after I've been home for a while

rest of the day: I was okay for the most part in the afternoon!

5-6 Vitamin C and 1000 Lysine

6:30 dinnner

6:45 Dorzalamide

7:30 Meditation group

no reaction but slight dryness after eating...mild stomach upset

Drug Interaction Report
Drug interactions for the following 3 drug(s):

Interactions between your selected drugs:

dorzolamide ophthalmic latanoprost ophthalmic Celexa (citalopram)

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs and diseases that your selected drugs interact with

Monday 27 am  Morning Tracking

Slept well with darkened room

7;30 Woke up and drank water; no dizziness; normal cortisol; no anxiety
7:30 and 9:00 try to read in rooom but ket dozing off
9:00 ate oatmeal, milk, lysine; vitamin C, vitamin D
(9:00-9:30 cortisol spike while sitting in the computer in a room with more light
9:30 went to darkened room and meditated some; started to doze off; ate 1/3 banana with almond butter
10:00 took Celexa 7.5 (3.75 ml)
10 to 11: stay in darkened room; anxiety increased a little within an hour but not much more than cortisol spike earlier
12:00 cortisol decrease a little; some anxiety; getting ready to eat lunch.

Three days of observing more closely and the agitation seems to be related to cortisol in the morning; yesterday I was in a low and din't feel any agitation after meds.

Edited by scallywag
add white space and emphasis; vitamin correction from post below

I meant vitamin D and not C. I take C with my other dose of Lysine in the evening (I take lysine for recurring cold sores...the only thing that worked)

Dizziness when I was low yesterday but not today...some dryness of mouth and sinus

• Moderator Emeritus

gn -- nice job on recording doses and symptoms! :)

scallywag's Introduction

Thanks! I am trying to stay on top of things!

I went to work around 1 pm. I ate something and then I had a stressful meeting ( I work for a graduate  Institute). It was a meeting with the president. I am their academic dean. Lots of instabilities and craziness right now. I basically started getting sicker by the minute talking to her. I felt sad and overly sensitive. This has been happening since March and I've been trying to curtail my interactions. I am waiting to hear about my disability policy...whether I get 3 months with possible extensions up to a year. I went to my doctor to get caught up and asked her to send further information to my insurance policy people. We went over what I had discovered here at SA. She was very supportive and interested.