If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

Putting a SHORT version of your recent history of reducing or discontinuing drugs in your signature, with the drugs you are currently taking, when you started taking them, and their dosages, helps people understand your context when they read your posts.

If your drug history is very long, the last few years will do. FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

Your signature appears under all your posts.

If you edit your signature, the new one replaces any prior signature. It will appear in your signature under all your posts, even your old posts. If you want to save the information in the old signature, copy it and save it in a file on your computer or in a post in your Introductions topic.

(As of 12/31/13: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.)

How to add or edit your signature

• Click on the small downward arrow next to your name in the top right corner of any page.
  • Select My Settings from the list.
  • On the left of the My Settings page, click on the Signature tab. You will be able to add or edit your signature.
  • Click on the big black Save Changes button at the bottom when you are done.

FOR READABILITY, SHORT LINES ARE BEST.

(The history you entered when you registered can be read only by you and the administration team. If you wish, you can copy it to your public signature.)

If you are new, start a topic for yourself in the Introductions forum.

Thank you.

PS For phone or tablet users, please scroll further down this page or click this link to go to the first of two posts. The second "how to" post is immediately below the first.

First post on how to add your signature from a phone or tablet

Edited by Altostrata, 16 October 2016 - 05:16 PM.
update

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#2 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

Additional suggestion: Put a link to your Introductions topic in your signature, too! Thanks, Bar, for this suggestion.
This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

#3 Barbarannamated

Barbarannamated

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Additional suggestion: Put a link to your Introductions topic in your signature, too!
Thanks, Bar, for this suggestion.

I believe Shanti deserves the credit.
Thanks for posting this. I didn't know how to get a message out to everyone.
Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

#4 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Newcomers, don't forget to put your history in your signature. It makes responding to your questions easier. See the instructions above.

#5 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

E-mail sent. Also see How to use this site -- Questions and answers

#6 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

As of today: Signatures are limited to 12 lines of text.

It seems the signature length limit got lost in last spring's site upgrade. Those very long signatures are difficult to read.

If you edit your signature now, you will find you cannot go beyond 12 lines. If your signature was longer, you will have to delete some of it.

In terms of withdrawal, your most RECENT drug and tapering history is what's most important in your signature.

#7 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Just thought I would mention this for members who are using phones or tablets to view the site. At the bottom of each page is a button to view 'full version'. If you click this you will then be able to view the signatures of posters. In full view you will also be able to add a signature to your posts as outlined above. Scroll up for those instructions.

This works on android devices. If you have I-stuff, I am not sure how its browser displays the page so YMMV.
What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivinganti...ion/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

#8 HappyFree

HappyFree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationRacine WI USA

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know how to do the introductions on an I-phone? Mine not an Ansroid so doesn't work when I try suggestion above.

#9 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

On your screen, after you sign in, go to the bottom of the page and find the words "Full Version" and tap there. The first picture has a picture with a big red arrow pointing to where it should be. Tap those words and wait a bit. (You can tap on these pictures to make them bigger so you can see what they should look like.)

Capture55a.jpg

The next screen should look like this:

Capture51.JPG

You need to be able to access the 'full version' of the site in order to enter a signature.

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600, 26 January 2015 - 05:31 AM.
removed extraneous text

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

#10 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

Log in and go to full version. Click on any image below to make it larger so you can see it better.

When the page loads, look at the top right of the page, you will see YOUR NAME (not mine)

Capture53.JPG

Click the little downward facing triangle at the end of your name.

Tap the word "Settings"

Wait a bit and you should see a new page with a lot of information. On the left is a list of items, find the word "Signature" and tap on it.

Capture54.JPG

In the lower area is a blank place to type that looks like a posting window. I have erased part of mine so you can see where you will be entering your text:

Capture56a.jpg

Type your signature in there.

Then go down to the bottom of the page and tap "SAVE".

Capture57a.jpg

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600, 26 January 2015 - 05:38 AM.
added images

#11 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Could someone explain how to use the quote function please?

Hi Martina , I can explain how to add pics.      At the bottom of your post , next to the post icon is "more reply options" - click that.

The next screen has a box to Attach Files which opens your own media.     Good luck   ; )

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg
2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta
Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.
July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.
Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.
October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.
March 2016 , 21mg

#12 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Sorry, but on the mobile phone I can not find the button where to press to make my own signature. I would like also to put here some photo,where can I update it?

Martina23,

I will have the information on how to add a signature in this topic tomorrow morning.

Could someone explain how to use the quote function please?

If you are using Internet Explorer you will probably not be able to use the 'quote' function.

What happens when you click the 'quote' button?

#13 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

Thanks C/W . . . when I press quote it opens a blue box with 2 lines that says QUOTE.      I tried dragging a post in . . . nothing.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg
2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta
Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.
July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.
Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.
October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.
March 2016 , 21mg

#14 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

Fresh,

If you are trying to use 'quote' by using the button I have circled in red in the picture below, then you will get a '2 lined' colored box in Internet Explorer. The system default color is 'pinkish'.

What that will do is give you a box to PASTE in the comment you want to quote and speak to but it will not give any attribution markers. I use this method often so I don't have to snip out unwanted text. But as you will note below, you will get the box but are prevented from pasting anything into it if you are using IE.

Now if you want to have the date, time and poster filled into the quote box you click the button under the post you wish to reply to and then snip out any unwanted text. If you are using IE it does nothing, period. No quote box appears and you cannot paste anything into the text editor either, neither by 'crtl+v' or right click submenu paste command.

Everything works as advertised in chrome. I use firefox.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture400.JPG

#15 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

Sorry, but on the mobile phone I can not find the button where to press to make my own signature. I would like also to put here some photo,where can I update it?

Martina23,

please see this and this post for the instructions on how to enter a signature. Please note that to do it on a phone you must be able to view the site in 'full version'.

Where specifically did you want to 'put some photo'? As an avatar or to include in a post? The directions are different for each.

#16 Rhiannon

Rhiannon

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,783 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest US

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

Just a note about the importance of filling in your sig line:  As a moderator, I don't have time to read through everyone's thread from the start to find out their history and what's going on with their meds. So if I come to a thread that doesn't have a filled in sig line and is more than a week or two old, I will just click out and move on to another thread. I'm pretty sure other people do the same thing.

So if you don't fill in your sig line you may be missing out on some help and support.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease" as I was told. Long and tragic story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything.

Now tapering, ironically (but not surprisingly) healthier and more functional than I ever was during the years on the "meds," even with withdrawal (usually fairly mild at this slow pace).

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 14 2011:   86 mg Neurontin   144 Lamictal,    5.5 Celexa   0.42 Xanax      1.9 mg Valium

Feb 16 2012:   10 mg Neurontin   115 Lamictal     3.7 Celexa   0.285 Xanax     2.0 Valium

Feb 22 2013:   86 Lamictal    2.05 Celexa       0.23 Xanax      1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

Now:                43                    0.625                 0.0775            1.3

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

#17 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

New question:    how do I go about putting a link to my thread in my signature?

Thankyou  :)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
March 2016 , 21mg

#18 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

There is a lot of information in this topic and your question has been answered here.

Use google to search the site for topics and answers.

#19 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

How many lines are available for signatures at the moment?

I found it helpful when the limit was 12 lines because members were forced to summarize.

It makes for easier understanding as a reader.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
March 2016 , 21mg

#20 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

There does not seem to be a limit. No matter what Alto sets (750 chars max and 12 lines) users still go over that. The software is not doing its job at the moment.

(I have seen a sig with 35 lines, we just need a brief history and your current drugs, not a life story complete with your epitaph and famous quotes. And if I had a wish it would be that they all remain sectarian and stay in the preferred font and color. Bright colors are murder on the eyes of a person whose nervous system is a wreck with wd, especially first thing in the morning. That is a good reason to use f.lux to adust your screen brightness). Your sig should not be a distraction to your post, but rather drug history info for the reader and mods so we know where you are coming from. But, users being who they are, will do what they want. In all things here, it is up to you to set limits. Put them on ignore if their sigs are a distraction. That's what I do.

When you are logged in, there is an 'X' to the far right at the top of sig area that appears in the light charcoal color that sigs are supposed to be written in.

Clicking that 'X' will allow you to hide sigs either temporarily or permanently. It is a per user (you) setting and allows you to hide certain sigs of posters or all sigs if you wish. A little menu pops up for you to choose.

#21 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:26 PM

The 12-line limit applies to new signatures and signatures that are being revised.

Old signatures will not be affected by the limit until they are edited.

#22 Skyler

Skyler

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

Always check my math! Decimals can move in the wrong direction. For a math tool to calculate the % of your cut, go here.

Once held for NINE months to good effect!  

Lyrica: 6/3 20 mgs.; 5/24 22 mgs.; 5/8 24 mgs.; 4/28 26 mgs,; 4/19 28 mgs.; 4/7/15 30 mgs. (restart taper 1/25/14 207 mgs. (held at this dose for 18 mos)). Highest dose was 300 mgs.

Requip - holding at .15 mgs start hold 1/12/14 (start taper .25 mgs 4/12)

I'm using a step wise wise taper approach. WD symptoms are tinnitus, which has been long standing, and muscle spasms in my legs and feet which are related to the most recent Lyrica taper.

History: After 25 years (including a 3 yr 4 mo. taper), I'm BENZO FREE! Tapered from 7/2010 thru 10/13. Off benzos for the first time in 25 years. Started 4.5 mgs K. cross tapered to 20 mgs. diazepam 10-12/10. On requip .25 mgs. and on and off Lyrica 150 to 300 mgs. for several years prior to tapering, start tapers 3/12. Read my intro thread
here, and check the about me section.

"No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Hooray?

17 lines (blanks count).

Best not do any editing...... you might have to remove the line feeds to make it fit.

I am so stymied with the long sigs.  I'm much less functional as a result.  Shorter sigs mean more we mods can do more... at least means this mod can do more.  On the TRAP forum, we had 4 lines.. which I thought too few.. but way better than what we have had.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

#23 Ibid

Ibid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans LA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

In the lower area [of the edit signature window] is a blank place to type that looks like a posting window. 

I have yet to figure out how to add an image to my signature. Unlike a posting window the edit signature window doesn't contain the "more reply options" button.  Instructions state, though, that two images are allowed in signatures. I have one that would be useful.

Diagnosed w/ ADD and minor depression in 1990. Fluoxetine 20 mg/day. Also methylphenidate, but hated it and quit after about a week. Quit fluoxetine cold turkey (ignorance) 18 January 2013. Experienced brain zaps, flu symptoms, heart palpitations. Nothing after August 2013. Mirtazapine 15 mg/day for sleep beginning around 1999. Began tapering August 2013.  As of March 2015 I'm off mirtazapine and antidepressant free. Don't sleep well after sunrise, feel anxious and sad some of the time, still have tinnitus. Still occasionally take lorazepam for anxiety but never more than 1 mg.  Prescribed metoprolol (beta blocker) for atrial fibrillation diagnosed June 2013. Medical  opinion (two cardiologists) is that it's not caused by fluoxetine w/drawal and is a dangerous, chronic condition requiring lifelong medication. As of Aug 2013 heart palpitations for the most part ceased. Tapered beta blocker and am off of it as of Jan 2015. No wd symptoms or recurring afib at all so far. Maybe it was wd after all, but doctors don't think so, surprise surprise. However, a small victory: the last doctor I related this to shrugged her shoulders. Getting lots of exercise, which has me physically pretty robust at age 71 in spite of persistence of mirt wd symptoms, mainly insomnia and anxiety, but also jaw-clenching annoyance at noises of a certain pitch and timbre. Incessant media fixation on the presidential campaign has ruined my disposition and my faith in the future. My Introduction.

#24 mammaP

mammaP

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,819 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:13 PM

I have problems posting pictures from my computer so I use photobucket, upload my photos there then post the URL here. It is a free hosting site and you can store thousands of photos.  http://photobucket.com/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

See how to create a signature here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Many drugs for many years, prescribed diazepam first 1973, took occasionally. 3 or 4 tricyclics  for short periods.

1993 had a breakdown leading to 10 years of drug experiments with all classes of psych drugs.

2002  effexor. 

Tapered by counting beads from March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Also tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg -hold- Feb2016 46mg  March 8 2016 45 April 44mg  May 11  43mg June 14 42mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, pro biotic.

My story http://survivinganti...king-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Following every sunset is a brand new day