• Mentor

It has been years since I took medications, I was 16 when I took them in 2009, and went through a few different brands.

I have copied some of my introduction story to make things easier for me.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5232-%E2%98%BC-hello-charliebrown-script-free/#entry67166

Starting with Fluoxetine 10mg for 1 month.

Then Venlafaxine for 1 month at 75mg then, 3 months at 150mg.
1 month of Clonazepam 0.5mg as I was tapered off Venlafaxine and onto Sertraline 50mg.

Then I took Sertraline 100mg for 4 months.

Still experiencing panic attacks, agoraphobia and paranoia. I went to the hospital during a panic attack and was given Lorazepam 1mg for 1 week.

This is when my psychiatrist added Risperidone on top of the Sertraline.

Risperidone started at 0.25mg for 3 days, then 0.5mg for one week, raised to 1.0mg for one week. After two weeks I had a check-up I told the Dr. I wasn't feeling anything and I believe he may have misinterpreted that as "no effects" but when I said it I meant that I felt no emotions. My dose was raised to 1.5mg daily.

After 3 days of 1.5mg I began experiencing Akathisia with no relief of anxiety. With no options in perceived sight I took all of the remaining Risperidone. Approx forty 0.5mg pills. My Parents caught me and called 911.

At the hospital I was given charcoal and passed out, waking hours later. After being discharged I continued to take Sertraline as prescribed for 2 months.

With no reduction in my anxiety and my emotions being basically non existant I decided to "take the good with the bad" and feel some kind of emotion. Over the next month and a half I slowly weaned myself off Sertraline. Popping open the capsule and throwing away 3-5 tiny XR beads a day.

So that's my age, meds and taper strategy.

How long it took to regain all my emotions and bodily functions is a hard one to answer.

It took about 6 months before I felt much of anything. Then the bad emotions came back, sadness, anger.

Slowly over the next two years I had many days that were blank and void of anything, days full of sadness, but also days where a light would shine and I would be happy. Feelings were coming back in waves and leaving again.

I joined this website in late 2013 and at that point I had some emotional range, a libido but no sexual pleasure.

So i guess it took about 3 years off medications to regain a good emotional range and my youthful lust.

I'm finally writing this success story because in the past year the lack of sexual pleasure and anhedonia are not a problem for me anymore.

The feelings slowly came back in waves, sometimes weak, but getting stronger and stronger.

Now I feel great when I hug someone or see a friend smile. Sometimes the feelings can even be overwhelming.

Like my heart is ready to burst.

I don't know what else to add except, it's been almost 7 years since I took medications and I am a whole new person!

Don't give up hope! Things are constantly changing, even if you don't notice.

I didn't notice the change until it was right in my face! :D

Edited by Altostrata
changed at request of OP

I Am Not A Medical Professional! 👨‍⚕️

Prescribed Various SSRI's/SNRI, Benzos and One Anti-Psychotic at 16, in 2009.

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

Sudden stop of Risperidone. After suicide attempt.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

He's saved me more than once.

Thank you CharlieBrown for coming back and sharing how you're doing now! So glad you're feeling great!!

It's so comforting for all of us who are still in the battle to know there are people like you who have recovered!

1997-1999 Citalopram 20 mg

1999-2014 Sertraline 50 mg

2012 Sertraline very quick taper due to side effects. Switched to Wellbutrin 150 mg-300 mg. Reinstated Sertraline 25 mg-50 mg.

2013 Exhaustion. Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sertraline 75 mg-100 mg.

Sept 2014 Found this site. Started tapering. Sertraline 87,5 mg + Wellbutrin 150 mg 

Aug 2015 No more Wellbutrin!! Sertraline 50 mg

2016 Sertraline 35 mg (January) - 33 mg (March 21st) - 32,5 mg (July 11) - 32 mg (July 27)

2017 March 28,2 mg and holding

Thanks Charlie Brown. Great story, great courage. I don't know you but I'm so so happy for you. Wishing you years of happiness and good health.and thanks for coming back and sharing x

<p>Various benzos 4 months for insomnia prior to Effexor 37.5mg may 2014 for two weeks, Mirtazapine 30mg june 2014 - feb 2015.Pristiq 50 mg Feb 2015. six weeks later attempted coming off with a six week taper. ten days off and it got ugly. Tapering now using compounded pristiq with slow release agent. 37.5 mg 3 weeks, 30 mg 6 weeks, 25mg 4.5 weeks, 20mg for 6 weeks, 17.5 mgs 7 weeks, 20 mg 8 weeks, 19 mg 3 weeks, 18 mg 3 weeks, 17 mg 3 weeks, 16 mg 3 weeks, 15mg 2 weeks, 14mg 2 weeks, 13 mgs 2 weeks, 12 mgs 6 weeks, 11mg 3 weeks, 10.5mg 2 weeks, 10 mg 3.5 weeks. 9mg 4 weeks. Jumped at 8mg currently 16 months free

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey CharlieBrown Try as they might to outsmart you like Lucy and the football, you finally kicked the psych drugs but good and for good.  Awesome!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thanks CharlieBrown. Have a wonderful life ahead. :)

Took RISPOND (RISPERIDONE) 1mg twice daily (morning and night) for 3 months along with Dayo OD 500 at night. Quit cold turkey of all meds in feb 29, 2016. Its been 4 months off the meds now!( as of 29 June, 2016)

Intense withdrawal effect. Not able to focus on something completely. Some memory problems. Passion for everything has died. Everything has to be done forcefully. No enjoyment in listening to a song or watching a movie. Everything seems pointless. Zero libido. Lost the desire and ability to fall in love. Emotions are withdrawn.

its been a while now, taking 2-3 meds in morning and evening. I'll update it tomorrow.
28/03/2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Wonderful success story, CharlieBrown. Thank you for writing it. Wishing you a happy and healthy drug-free life. 

i'm sure many people still recovering will find hope from your post. congratulations on your recovery  :) .

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks you for sharing your story of success. It gives me hope!

My suggestions are not medical advice. They are my opinions based on my own experience, strength and hope.

You are in charge of your own medical / healing / recovery choices.

My success story |  My introduction thread

ZOLOFT FREE - COMPLETELY DRUG FREE 4/28/2019! - total time on 28+ years

BENZO FREE! 4/7/2018 - total time on 27+ years

REMERON FREE! 12/11/2016 - total time on 15 months

Caffeine & Nicotine Free 2014 / 2015 - smoked for 28 years

Alcohol Free 4/1/2014 - drank for 30 years

• 3 months later...
  • Mentor

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! This website and its community have helped me when no one else could! Thank You!
It feels good to let others know they're not alone, and that things can change for the better!

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

It is so so good to read you tonight, Charliebrown.

I´m very happy for you.

I passed the most bitter year last winter and after that on summer I had a window when i recovered a little of my libido and my feeling come back.

Now i´m again bad and my sexual pleasure and libido are 0. I´m worried about this improvement was a unique fact and stay like now forever.

reading you cheer me up. Thanks

PROBLEM. PSSD 
Symptons:- 1 Not arousal, not libido: the sensation of "I could live without sex" - 2 I can get orgasms but they are much weaker. -3 I have noticed that my breast  don´t get swollen before menstruation (This has improved) -4  Lack of vaginal discharge (this has improved)- 5 Barely absence of vaginal odour
Induced by In Escitalopram 1 year and two months
Begining:10 mg per day -Jun 2013 to May 2013-
Reduce to 10 gr every two days - Jun 2013 to Aug 2013

Eventually quit on September 2013.

Slight Improvements. Window:  3 days on August 2015

WHY STARTING WITH IT?Great general anxiety that Esc. cured . Novemb 2015 anxiety hasd returned
Natural suplements or herbs you are having?: 1500 mg oil fish omega 3 daily since 28/1/2014.

December 15. 0,5-1 gr lorazepam per day. 

"if you come up with any good ideas, please let me know"

• 7 months later...
  • Mentor

I've received a few personal messages asking about the severity of sexual dysfunction I experienced. I thought I would post a few more details here.

At my very worst I had no libido, no arousal, no erections and I could feel it when touched but it was just like touching my arm or leg. Not as sensitive as it should be.

In 2013 I had a libido, arousal, erections but was still suffering from lack of sensation in my genitals. Upon climax I would have no pleasure, only muscle movements.

I thought I would never get better, I didn't try much or do anything special. But in time everything returned to normal and I have sexual pleasure again.

Hopefully that clears up the more private questions people may be left with after reading my story. Good Luck to you all!

My success story: 

On 7/5/2016 at 0:03 AM, CharlieBrown said:

It has been years since I took medications, I was 16 when I took them in 2009, and went through a few different brands.

I have copied some of my introduction story to make things easier for me.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5232-%E2%98%BC-hello-charliebrown-script-free/#entry67166

Starting with Fluoxetine 10mg for 1 month.

Then Venlafaxine for 1 month at 75mg then, 3 months at 150mg.
1 month of Clonazepam 0.5mg as I was tapered off Venlafaxine and onto Sertraline 50mg.

Then I took Sertraline 100mg for 4 months.

Still experiencing panic attacks, agoraphobia and paranoia. I went to the hospital during a panic attack and was given Lorazepam 1mg for 1 week.

This is when my psychiatrist added Risperidone on top of the Sertraline.

Risperidone started at 0.25mg for 3 days, then 0.5mg for one week, raised to 1.0mg for one week. After two weeks I had a check-up I told the Dr. I wasn't feeling anything and I believe he may have misinterpreted that as "no effects" but when I said it I meant that I felt no emotions. My dose was raised to 1.5mg daily.

After 3 days of 1.5mg I began experiencing Akathisia with no relief of anxiety. With no options in perceived sight I took all of the remaining Risperidone. Approx forty 0.5mg pills. My Parents caught me and called 911.

At the hospital I was given charcoal and passed out, waking hours later. After being discharged I continued to take Sertraline as prescribed for 2 months.

With no reduction in my anxiety and my emotions being basically non existant I decided to "take the good with the bad" and feel some kind of emotion. Over the next month and a half I slowly weaned myself off Sertraline. Popping open the capsule and throwing away 3-5 tiny XR beads a day.

So that's my age, meds and taper strategy.

How long it took to regain all my emotions and bodily functions is a hard one to answer.

It took about 6 months before I felt much of anything. Then the bad emotions came back, sadness, anger.

Slowly over the next two years I had many days that were blank and void of anything, days full of sadness, but also days where a light would shine and I would be happy. Feelings were coming back in waves and leaving again.

I joined this website in late 2013 and at that point I had some emotional range, a libido but no sexual pleasure.

So i guess it took about 3 years off medications to regain a good emotional range and my youthful lust.

I'm finally writing this success story because in the past year the lack of sexual pleasure and anhedonia are not a problem for me anymore.

The feelings slowly came back in waves, sometimes weak, but getting stronger and stronger.

Now I feel great when I hug someone or see a friend smile. Sometimes the feelings can even be overwhelming.

Like my heart is ready to burst.

I don't know what else to add except, it's been almost 7 years since I took medications and I am a whole new person!

Don't give up hope! Things are constantly changing, even if you don't notice.

I didn't notice the change until it was right in my face! :D

This gives me hope. I have faith :)
i can feel sadness ,anger now

Took RISPOND (RISPERIDONE) 1mg twice daily (morning and night) for 3 months along with Dayo OD 500 at night. Quit cold turkey of all meds in feb 29, 2016. Its been 4 months off the meds now!( as of 29 June, 2016)

Intense withdrawal effect. Not able to focus on something completely. Some memory problems. Passion for everything has died. Everything has to be done forcefully. No enjoyment in listening to a song or watching a movie. Everything seems pointless. Zero libido. Lost the desire and ability to fall in love. Emotions are withdrawn.

its been a while now, taking 2-3 meds in morning and evening. I'll update it tomorrow.
28/03/2017

• 2 weeks later...

yeah!!! thanks for your story!!!!!❤️

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

• 1 year later...
  • Mentor

Hey, Chiming in again!

After some personal messages and recollection. I thought I should add some information about my improved libido.

I started taking meds when I was 16 and going through puberty, I don't think I ever had a proper reference point to start from.

I stated that I felt my libido was improved 3 years post medication. It's true that I had regained a steady libido, but looking back now I can see that it was still not as strong as it should be for a young man of that age.

After 3 years without medication my libido was much closer to what I remembered when I was 16. Now I can look back and see, that there has been a continued gradual improvement in my libido. It probably took closer to 5-6 years post meds, for me to have a completely "normal" libido.

My success story: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey @CharlieBrown thanks for continuing to come back and update. There is such little info out there, I personally really appreciate hearing about first person experience. I notice my libido increasing too as I get off the drugs. This, anecdotally at least is good news for many :)

Edited by elbee
typos

My suggestions are not medical advice. They are my opinions based on my own experience, strength and hope.

You are in charge of your own medical / healing / recovery choices.

My success story |  My introduction thread

ZOLOFT FREE - COMPLETELY DRUG FREE 4/28/2019! - total time on 28+ years

BENZO FREE! 4/7/2018 - total time on 27+ years

REMERON FREE! 12/11/2016 - total time on 15 months

Caffeine & Nicotine Free 2014 / 2015 - smoked for 28 years

Alcohol Free 4/1/2014 - drank for 30 years

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator

How are you doing these days, CharlieBrown?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Mentor
On 7/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, Altostrata said:

How are you doing these days, CharlieBrown?

These days can be tough. But that has to do with the economy and how much my money is worth at the store. Prices are going up, that's tough. But I live in Canada and I know I am blessed while others are starving. (Lets not get too serious, but I know Canada is riding on top of other countries poverty, I know some places don't have meat or even grains.) I have a loving family and desires for the future, that's what matters to me, in this life.

I have my troubles just like others around me. But medication side-effects are a thing of the past. That's why I visit this website.

I am 100% recovered from all the problems I came to this website with.

New problems may have replaced them in my mind, but I am free from the "distress and worry that I am permanently damaged, and I can't have a family of my own."

I can say that despite serious traumas in my life. That I haven't always publicly shared on this forum. (Witnessing the death of a friend) A newfound faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, prayer and submission in his name alone. Has brought me peace, when nothing else could.

I have dabbled with illicit drugs for 1 year, what a waste... (I don't mention them in my story, because they came after years of abstinence from drugs. Post drugs 5-6 years? And not really part of my recovery, the memories are still painful. And I don't feel they are relevant.) I don't want to lie by omission, but I also feel my use of illicit drugs had very little, if any affect on my recovery from medication side-effects.

I feared many would discard my story, with any excuse they can use. Because they don't have much hope. One excuse being that I once used street drugs, I can't be trusted. But if anything, it proves recovery is still possible! So forgive me for not disclosing that information, but believe my success story.

I only come back after 10 years off medications, to say that recovery is there, with time, and hope/faith. I didn't pray or have faith in Jesus when I had sexual problems, I was not with Christ at all when I first joined this site. But I had hope I would recover... Now I am whole again. My greatest desire is to have a family of my own, and be a good Father.

My life has it's waves and crests. Who's doesn't? I am not the boy I was in the past. I am a new man!

I hope to continue to come back to this site and give hope to those in need. I find it amazing I only have 28-29 posts over all these years.

My success story: 

• Administrator

CharlieBrown, your continued participation in our community will give many people exactly what they need -- hope and encouragement. Thank you again.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Mentor
23 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

These days can be tough. But that has to do with the economy and how much my money is worth at the store. Prices are going up, that's tough. But I live in Canada and I know I am blessed while others are starving. (Lets not get too serious, but I know Canada is riding on top of other countries poverty, I know some places don't have meat or even grains.) I have a loving family and desires for the future, that's what matters to me, in this life.

I have my troubles just like others around me. But medication side-effects are a thing of the past. That's why I visit this website.

New problems may have replaced them in my mind, but I am free from the "distress and worry that I am permanently damaged, and I can't have a family of my own."

I can say that despite serious traumas in my life. That I haven't always publicly shared on this forum. (Witnessing the death of a friend) A newfound faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, prayer and submission in his name alone. Has brought me peace, when nothing else could.

I have dabbled with illicit drugs for 1 year, what a waste... (I don't mention them in my story, because they came after years of abstinence from drugs. Post drugs 5-6 years? And not really part of my recovery, the memories are still painful. And I don't feel they are relevant.) I don't want to lie by omission, but I also feel my use of illicit drugs had very little, if any affect on my recovery from medication side-effects.

I feared many would discard my story, with any excuse they can use. Because they don't have much hope. One excuse being that I once used street drugs, I can't be trusted. But if anything, it proves recovery is still possible! So forgive me for not disclosing that information, but believe my success story.

I only come back after 10 years off medications, to say that recovery is there, with time, and hope/faith. I didn't pray or have faith in Jesus when I had sexual problems, I was not with Christ at all when I first joined this site. But I had hope I would recover... Now I am whole again. My greatest desire is to have a family of my own, and be a good Father.

My life has it's waves and crests. Who's doesn't? I am not the boy I was in the past. I am a new man!

I hope to continue to come back to this site and give hope to those in need. I find it amazing I only have 28-29 posts over all these years.

Thank you for sharing your story. It helps me out a lot! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Mentor
3 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Thank you for sharing your story. It helps me out a lot! 

You are more than welcome! I am glad to help. Take it easy, take it slow, take care! 😊

My success story: 

• Mentor
9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

CharlieBrown, your continued participation in our community will give many people exactly what they need -- hope and encouragement. Thank you again.

That is what I aspire to do through this website. Thank you! I know you are a cornerstone of this website. Your continued service to others, over all these years is amazing. Selfless and kind, Bless you!

My success story: 

Thanks for sharing your story, CB!   God bless you.

2010:  Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg.   Mirtazapine (Remeron) 15 mg. 

2011:    Tapered Mirtazapine: 5 month successful taper.  Then tapered Lexapro:  4 month successful taper

May 2011 to August 2017:   No medications, full recovery

September 6, 2017:  started Mirtazapine (Remeron) 15 mg  - due to severe sudden insomnia (I believe caused by statin use)

November 16, 2017:   started Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg

January 1, 2018 to October 30. 2020 -- 34 month taper off of Mirtazapine 15 mg to 0.00 mg

June 16, 2018:  Started slow taper of 10 mg Escitalopram (Lexapro)

Current (mgai):    0.23 mg  Escitalopram

Supplements:  Fish Oil, Curcumin, bio active B vitamins, zinc, magnesium glycinate, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, saffron, citrus bergamot, ashwagandha

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34

Thank you so very much for sharing your story of recovery. It gives me hope! May God richly bless you and your family. 

2002 - 2014, 500mg Keppra 2x’s/day (anti-seizure med)

2003 thru 2004 - 10 mg Remeron

2005ish - Adverse reactions to single doses of Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and Lexapro (no long-lasting problems)

2012 - Buspar (overly energized, stopped immediately, no long-lasting problems)

2014 - 1 month taper off of 500mg Keppra (Leviteracitam) - seizure free for 12 years 

2017 - 500mg Leviteracitam (generic keppra) 

2017 - Mid-Dec experienced adverse reaction to Leviteracitam due to different manufacturer. Stopped on Dec 20.

2018 - Jan 1st, 10 mg Fluoxetine (generic prozac) experienced severe adverse reaction after 3 doses and continue to experience issues today. 

2003 - 2018 Ativan, occasionally/rarely

On 7/4/2016 at 12:33 PM, CharlieBrown said:

On 12/15/2018 at 7:45 PM, CharlieBrown said:

It probably took closer to 5-6 years post meds, for me to have a completely "normal" libido.

I'm glad you are back and now a mentor, CharlieBrown.

I was encouraged by what I quoted because I have only been off Lexapro just over a year and I frequently fear that I should be all better by now. if someone as young as you takes years to recover, I find that encouraging because it means I am still going to get better than this. 

thank you!!

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• Mentor

Everyone thanking me is more than welcome. I feel you deserve it. Thank you for your well wishes!

I keep coming back because it was a struggle all those years, and I did not have much encouragement.

I feel obligated to tell others that in time... Sometimes a long time, you will recover.

You're all very welcome! Blessings, Chuck!

My success story: 

There are no more medicines for me. I have regained my human life. Back to full throttle. Now... Ladies, have we met before? 😈

28/03/2017

• Mentor
12 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

There are no more medicines for me. I have regained my human life. Back to full throttle. Now... Ladies, have we met before? 😈

Careful, don't break hearts! Including your own. 👼

My success story: 

• Moderator Emeritus

It's wonderful to read this success story.  It's gives me hope, and I'm happy for you that you recovered. 

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• 2 months later...
  • Mentor

"I'm going to win! I'm going to win the decathlon! They'll treat me like Bruce Jenner! Parades, flowers, Wow!

It's great being a winner! So peaceful and quiet!"

Well wishes and all my best, to everyone still running the race!

My success story: 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:46 AM, CharlieBrown said:

This is an amazing thing to read. Congrats.

What about your cognivity?

1999:  Paroxetine (20mg). Age 16. 2007-2008: Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 years (age 25) Citalopram 20mg 2002-2005, 2009: Escitalopram (20mg), 2 weeks, (age 26) (adverse  reaction)/*Valium 5mg/Temazepam 10mg 2010: Mirtazipine (Remeron)( do not remember dosage) 2010, 5 months.                     2010-2017: Citalopram (20mg) (age 27 to 34) 2016: i.1st Sept- 31st Oct Citalopram 10mg , ii.1st November 2017-30th November 2017, Citalopram 5mg iii.1st December 2017- 4th February 2018, Citalopram 0mg, iv.5th February 2018- March 2018 Citalopram 5mg (10mg every other day) 28th February- tried titration of 5mg ( some adverse effects)

2018: 1st March 2018- 1st June Citalopram 10 mg (tablet form) /started titration 8mg , then 7 mg.2018: June 15th- 10th July Citalopram 10 mg pill every other day 2018: 10th July - 13th Sept Citalopram- 0mg  (CBD oil first month of 0mg, passiflora on and off) 2018 13th Sept Citalopram  2mg ,  approx 16th Sept 4mg , approx 25th Sept 6mg held.  2019: 11 Feb 19: 7mg (instant bad rxn) 12 Feb 19 6mg held 1 May 19 5.4mg held 5 Oct 19 5.36mg 22 Oct 19 5.29mg 30 Oct 19 5.23mg 4/NOV/19 5.18mg 12 Nov 19 5.08mg 20 Nov 19 4.77mg 7 May 22 2.31mg 17/09/2023 0.8mg

(Herbal/Supplements since 1st September: Omega Fish Oil 1200mg, 663mg of EPA- 2 tablets a day, magnesium and magnesium bath salts)

I did not die, and yet I lost life’s breath
- Dante

• Mentor
On 9/30/2019 at 12:32 AM, CharlieBrown said:

"I'm going to win! I'm going to win the decathlon! They'll treat me like Bruce Jenner! Parades, flowers, Wow!

It's great being a winner! So peaceful and quiet!"

Well wishes and all my best, to everyone still running the race!

Haha! That video made me laugh.  Thank you for coming by and touching base! Such an inspiration to read success stories. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Haha!  Great video, CB!

2010:  Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg.   Mirtazapine (Remeron) 15 mg. 

2011:    Tapered Mirtazapine: 5 month successful taper.  Then tapered Lexapro:  4 month successful taper

May 2011 to August 2017:   No medications, full recovery

September 6, 2017:  started Mirtazapine (Remeron) 15 mg  - due to severe sudden insomnia (I believe caused by statin use)

November 16, 2017:   started Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg

January 1, 2018 to October 30. 2020 -- 34 month taper off of Mirtazapine 15 mg to 0.00 mg

June 16, 2018:  Started slow taper of 10 mg Escitalopram (Lexapro)

Current (mgai):    0.23 mg  Escitalopram

Supplements:  Fish Oil, Curcumin, bio active B vitamins, zinc, magnesium glycinate, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, saffron, citrus bergamot, ashwagandha

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34

• Mentor
On 10/7/2019 at 6:30 AM, India said:

This is an amazing thing to read. Congrats.

What about your cognivity?

Thanks,

My cognitive function is back to what I would consider normal. It all came gradually, feelings good and bad, less brain fog.

I am a kinesthetic learner, I have the will, and attention span to do things! I am not so sharp at math, but I never have been. I can think quite clearly now, or at least I think I can. ;) 

My success story: 

• 1 year later...
  • Mentor

Hi there! I hope you're feeling better!

I have a different life, and I am quite busy. So I don't frequent this forum often.

My email has not, and will not change. You can personal message me if you have questions about "my story", or would like to talk.

My email is not connected to a phone. I do not get alerts. I still check it like a mailbox, so I may not respond right away.

I'm old fashioned I guess.

Please do reach out if you want.

P.S. Stick to it, you're worth it.

P.P.S. Man, Youtube sucks now... Can't even have Charlie Brown clips.

Here it is! 

Edited by CharlieBrown
Added P.P.S.

My success story: 

• 1 year later...
  • Mentor

It's been almost 2 years.

Hear that? Marcy said I'm a real gentleman. She think's I'm the greatest!

As a Canadian I'll mention a hero of perseverance: Terry Fox. Jogging half of Canada on one leg. + Prosthetic leg. While having cancer.

Stick with it guys/gals/whatever. The human body is capable of so much!

Give yourself a chance. Dare I say: put a foot forward, one step at a time! As they say in AA "One day at a time."

Popping in to say. PSSD has continued to be completely gone!

Now where did Marcy go? I could use a polite date! ;)

Do you like Italian? Greek? I can make a fantastic fettuccini. With your choice of spice and meat.

Or A side salad with, fried pork, cheese and Greek rice!

Sorry if you don't eat meat. I'll make a chile... oh wait... How about a stir-fry instead? I can do wonders with a wok! :)

I am basically bumping my thread. Forgive me, I know bumping is bad. But this is a success story.

Since I mentioned Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. I thought I would tip my hat to Terry Fox... Someone who has strived and pushed towards their goal.

If you don't know about Terry Fox, read about him.

Never give up!

Keep your chin up,

Chuck!

Edited by CharlieBrown
Tiny typo, I forget Bruce is Caitlyn. Fixed. Added Terry Fox link.

My success story: