Hi Charlie, how are you doing nowadays?

Your story has given me a new hope. So beautifully written. I've been off Effexor for 2 months and Amissulpride for around 8/9 months and been feeling anhedonia, apathy, emotional blunting and overall lack of motivation a lot. Some days are worse than others. 

I just hope that in about a year I'll be able to write a success post like yours. It is very comforting knowing people can recover from psych drugs.

Would you say your anhedonia and decreased libido have gone completely? Those are my main issues right now.

September of 2021: Started taking Effexor XR 150mg, two Amissulpride 50mg and Ambien as an SOS. Effexor taken in the morning with the Amissulpride and the second Amissulpride tablet at night.

Somewhere in 2022: I dropped the Amissulpride to one tablet a day and then stopped completely after 3 months.

September 2022: I tapered to 75 mg of Effexor XR

25th of January of 2023: I tapered to 37,5 mg

February 27th: Stopped and been medication free since then. Take around 1/2 ambien a month when I have insomnia

• Mentor

@zepedroj

On 5/3/2023 at 7:19 AM, zepedroj said:

So beautifully written.

No offense, I find that odd, because I was so much younger when I wrote this. But thank you. I'm no linguist.

I'm glad it has given you "A New Hope." ("Yahooo! You’re all clear kid. Now let’s blow this thing and go home!")

[There's only 6 Star War's movies in my universe.]

I'm OK, I'm not great. Stuff is up to 30% more expensive in the store. The government is disconcerting.

I don't like to share my troubles much on this site. Because it is about recovery. My problem's are not related to medication side effects.

I don't have anhedonia, or a decreased libido anymore. I want to do thing's, change my life, grow, exc. I want a wife, and children, my plumbing is in complete working order. Everything is great. I don't have medication side effects.

I believe, with time there will be improvement for you too. If not a total recovery. By the time I noticed I had recovered, everything was better.

I did "give-up" for a while... I let time pass and took care of myself. Then I was better!

Take care zepedroj.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Bold Response To Question

I Am Not A Medical Professional! 👨‍⚕️

Prescribed Various SSRI's/SNRI, Benzos and One Anti-Psychotic at 16, in 2009.

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

Sudden stop of Risperidone. After suicide attempt.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

He's saved me more than once.

• Mentor
On 5/3/2023 at 7:19 AM, zepedroj said:

I just hope that in about a year I'll be able to write a success post like yours. It is very comforting knowing people can recover from psych drugs.

It may be longer than a year. Never give up.

My success story was written when I felt "healed." But after year's I noticed even more improvement. (In all areas, emotion/sexual/exc.)

I wish all the best for you. You can do it. Stick to it.

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, CharlieBrown said:

It may be longer than a year. Never give up.

My success story was written when I felt "healed." But after year's I noticed even more improvement. (In all areas, emotion/sexual/exc.)

I wish all the best for you. You can do it. Stick to it.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I actually went to another psychiatrist (with the slightest hope of hearing someone say that it's withdrawal) only to be prescribed more antidepressants... I won't take and will try to remain strong, even if it takes years to comeback to my previous self

September of 2021: Started taking Effexor XR 150mg, two Amissulpride 50mg and Ambien as an SOS. Effexor taken in the morning with the Amissulpride and the second Amissulpride tablet at night.

Somewhere in 2022: I dropped the Amissulpride to one tablet a day and then stopped completely after 3 months.

September 2022: I tapered to 75 mg of Effexor XR

25th of January of 2023: I tapered to 37,5 mg

February 27th: Stopped and been medication free since then. Take around 1/2 ambien a month when I have insomnia

Hey @CharlieBrown thanks a lot for sharing your story with us.

I am wondering if you also had genital numbness next to the libido loss and emotional blunting?

If so, did that get better too?

I suffer from a severe form of pssd and I am looking for some hope :) looking forward to hear from you!

Januar 2020- one week mirtazapine

June 2020- 3 pills of Fluoxetine

April 2021- July 2021 Zoloft (50mg) - I developed a mild form of pssd
Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse
April 2022 - 2 weeks Wellbutrin (150mg)

April 2022- July 2022 From time to time Promethazin and Tavor
Now I have full blown pssd (emotional anaesthesia and severe pssd)

• Mentor

@Mango123

21 hours ago, Mango123 said:

Hey @CharlieBrown thanks a lot for sharing your story with us.

I am wondering if you also had genital numbness next to the libido loss and emotional blunting?

If so, did that get better too?

You're welcome. Yes, I did. Here is a quote from earlier. "At my very worst I had no libido, no arousal, no erections and I could feel it when touched. But it was like touching my arm or leg. Not as sensitive as it should be."

Everything is fine now. It took about 5-7 years for total recovery.

I don't think about it. I am Christian now. I don't have relations outside marriage anymore.

I do have sexual desires. But I don't act on them. "To look with lust, is to commit adultery in your heart." I do my best, to follow Christ.

I do have unexplained erections. I don't know why they happen. At the time, I am not thinking or looking at anything sexual.

If I leave them alone, they go away. Everything is in working order. I'm saving it for my wife. To have children.

Edited by CharlieBrown
typo

My success story: 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:57 PM, CharlieBrown said:

@Mango123

You're welcome. Yes, I did. Here is a quote from earlier. "At my very worst I had no libido, no arousal, no erections and I could feel it when touched. But it was like touching my arm or leg. Not as sensitive as it should be."

Everything is fine now. It took about 5-7 years for total recovery.

I don't think about it. I am Christian now. I don't have relations outside marriage anymore.

I do have sexual desires. But I don't act on them. "To look with lust, is to commit adultery in your heart." I do my best, to follow Christ.

I do have unexplained erections. I don't know why they happen. At the time, I am not thinking or looking at anything sexual.

If I leave them alone, they go away. Everything is in working order. I'm saving it for my wife. To have children.

Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse

@CharlieBrown I can't put into words how much your message means to me.

I am struggling so badly as I still feel almost no emotions at all (since one year). I even can't feel anything for my family, neither can I cry.

Next to the sexual symptoms it's so hard to move on and keep my hope up as I don't feel any meaning in life anymore. I wish nothing more than getting my hypersensitive personality back.

Can you remember how it felt to get your emotions back?

Did they come back in waves and Windows (fluctuations between strong and flat feelings) or gradually (slowly became more intense)?

I am so worried that my nervous system is permanently ruined and that I am one of these pssd cases who dont recover...

• Mentor

@Mango123

I am happy to give hope. That's why I continue to come to this site. I felt very alone.

(Hope is an emotion) :)

Here's a quote from my story, after completely stopping medications: "It took about 6 months before I felt much of anything. Then the bad emotions came back, sadness, anger.

Slowly over the next two years I had many days that were blank and void of anything, days full of sadness, but also days where a light would shine and I would be happy. Feelings were coming back in waves and leaving again."

Both. My emotions came and went, windows and waves. Starting dull, increasing with intensity over years.

I know people personally who have had PSSD. It went away, and they didn't talk about it.

I think a lot of people experience sexual issues. But it's uncomfortable to discuss and once the problem is gone. They don't want to think/talk about it. They leave the site, and don't write a recovery story. Plus all the people who don't use forums. Millions of people take these drugs.

Sexual dysfunction is a known side-effect. It's probably a bigger issue, being covered/hidden due to a lack of reporting.

"Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are considered first-line treatment for sexual addiction." Not even a side-effect. It's a desired effect for compulsive sexual behavior.

Like I said: "I don't think about it." It's in the past.

I think with time you will improve. It's true that your body replaces, and repairs most parts it can, within 10 years. Bones regenerate after 10 years.

Of course with time, permanent scarring or numerous other health issues, you're going to change and age. With the 100's of millions taking these drugs. I know that sexual dysfunction does improve. Looking at the numbers. In my opinion. From my experience.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Hope is an emotion / Italics

My success story: 

• Mentor

Here is a bell curve I made. Trying to express what I have seen and heard.

Yrs is years. The time scale is completely created by me. What I've read and seen.

The spectrum is "Time taken to feel some noticeable improvements, not total recovery."

Because of the wide range of drugs taken, length/time, doses, exc. I am by no means a Dr. This is only a visual aid.

Some people take 7 years to start improving. Sometimes longer.

If I were to put a "Total recovery" curve. I would shift it to the right, make it wider/longer. But I dare not guess at recovery time. Because amazing thing's can happen. Miracles, I dare say?

Tell me what you think of my scale.

bell-curve.png

Edited by CharlieBrown
grammar/Miracles

My success story: 

• Mentor

@Mango123

I have a T.B.I. (Traumatic Brain Injury) Scarring on my brain, after being punched in the head, repeatedly. (attacked)

It's had an effect on my life that is permanent. I can't shake my head rapidly/side-to-side. It hurts the scar. I can feel it inflaming.

They say there are no nerves in the brain. Which is true. But I still have bad headaches from bright light, rapid motion, or another knock on the head/whack to the face. I live near dense forest, I sometimes walk into branches or whack myself, bushwhacking.

It's one way I stay fit... I and another, rolled a 300Lbs+ Washing machine up a staircase.

Then I took it apart for bulk garbage pick-up. Limited to 150Lbs.

Edited by CharlieBrown
"one, stay" typo

My success story: 

• 2 months later...
  • Mentor

Hi, I'm here. But "one of these morning's. Won't be very long. You will look for me. I'll be gone."

I've been here since 2013. Thing's are changing again in my life. I may be "gone."

My e-mail won't change. 76 posts in a decade, is that a low-ball record? (Give me a Thumbs-up or a Hat-tip if that seems like a low number for 10 odd years.)

One other important thing. The information about time taking drugs, is more accurate in my recovery story compared to my introduction. It's really hard to remember the length of time taken... With more than 7 years post medication. (When I wrote my "success story")

10+ years now. I can't remember much at all. Only trauma. But, Shag that.

Love my dead friends, but I do need to move on.

I'm here, I just won't be checking in. So PM's are the only way to contact me. I will respond in due time.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Paragraphs/Shag?

My success story: 

• Mentor
On 7/4/2016 at 10:46 PM, scallywag said:

Hey CharlieBrown Try as they might to outsmart you like Lucy and the football, you finally kicked the psych drugs but good and for good.  Awesome!

I smooched Lucy, before she moved the ball. Caught her off guard. Punted a "home run." (Goal!)

I don't understand American Football. I'm a Rugby fan myself. Though Canada is all about Hockey, and our official national sport. "Lacrosse."

My favorite sport is Baseball. Even though Basketball was created by a Canadian. (Fun Fact)

My success story: 

Hi Charlie just stopping by to say Hellooo and thank you for giving others hope. Because this really does end. You deserve to fly so good luck on your new journey ahead.

Be free,be healthy and be happy :rolleyes:

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• Mentor

It's "one of those morning's" when I can't sleep.

Thank you... " @pinkfairy " I'm an Osprey, stealing a Bald Eagle's catch. Schwing!

I've seen that, with my very eye's. It's great living near the ocean.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Correct " 's

My success story: 

Hopefully you will be able to get 40 winks later.I bet that was an experience for you to see that. I bet that is beautiful living near the ocean. We have the seaside and country life best of both worlds.

47 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

It's "one of those morning's" when I can't sleep.

Thank you... " @pinkfairy " I'm an Osprey, stealing a Bald Eagle's catch. Schwing!

I've seen that, with my very eye's. It's great living near the ocean.

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• Mentor
1 hour ago, pinkfairy said:

Hopefully you will be able to get 40 winks later. I bet that was an experience for you to see that. I bet that is beautiful living near the ocean. We have the seaside and country life best of both worlds.

@pinkfairy Oh, I will have a 2-3 hour nap later, and ruin my sleep tomorrow night. Thanks :) 

(As most days) Which is why I keep Ephedrine on hand, just in case I become really tired I can't stay awake. I don't like caffeine.

I don't take it every week even.

Only when I become super-duper tired from multiple days, without proper sleep, 9 hours, in 72. Wow, if you don't know.... 3hrs every day.

You feel like a pile of steaming, festering, goopy, degraded trash! That belongs in the nether regions of the dump/landfill.

Unfortunately, I watched my friend drown in the sea. We could not save him, mainly because of tidal strength. That was an "Experience!"

I joke because it's how I deal with stress. No offense to you. Or what you said.

I'm a young sailor boy, where am I to go M'Johnnies? I live on a fairly isolated Island.

I still love the ocean. I could never live on the flat grasslands.

That is normal for me. We have Ravens and Crows. I like to caw at them and see what kind of bird they are. (You can tell by the shape of their tail feathers.) Ha, I even talk to the Robin's Chickadee's and Sparrows. My teeth are damaged from nocturnal grinding. But now shaped amazingly, for sharp whistles at many pitches/tones. I don't need to use nmy fingers. I can almost do the "loud whistle" with just my face muscles. I think it's cool because I can whistle Dixie in perfect tune.

I'm not from the USA at all. It's a catchy song. like "old macdonald" which is actually the same as "He's a jolly good fellow."

WOW!

Edited by CharlieBrown
+(... Fun lingusitics. To me.

My success story: 

9 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

@pinkfairy Oh, I will have a 2-3 hour nap later, and ruin my sleep tomorrow night. Thanks :) 

(As most days) Which is why I keep Ephedrine on hand, just in case I become really tired I can't stay awake. I don't like caffeine.

I don't take it every week even.

Only when I become super-duper tired from multiple days, without proper sleep, 9 hours, in 72. Wow, if you don't know.... 3hrs every day.

You feel like a pile of steaming, festering, goopy, degraded trash! That belongs in the nether regions of the dump/landfill.

Unfortunately, I watched my friend drown in the sea. We could not save him, mainly because of tidal strength. That was an "Experience!"

I joke because it's how I deal with stress. No offense to you. Or what you said.

I'm a young sailor boy, where am I to go M'Johnnies? I live on a fairly isolated Island.

I still love the ocean. I could never live on the flat grasslands.

That is normal for me. We have Ravens and Crows. I like to caw at them and see what kind of bird they are. (You can tell by the shape of their tail feathers.)

I hear you on the sleep i can remember the days well of getting 0-2 hours a night, not pretty so i totally "get it" . No one can function.

Oh man that is horrendous and i am sorry for the loss of your friend, humour will always get us from A-B it got me through the CTs i find i laugh at the most random time when others remain silent.So i fully understand that as well.

Sounds truly perfect been on a isolated island sounds like a dream tbh.B)

• Mentor
38 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

No one can function.

I tell people this. For some reason, they don't understand. (No sleep/No Energy X Hours awake, until hallucinations.)

Thanks, but it's OK. One friend was a child. It was a long time ago, I was with him the day/night before. I didn't see him dead.

It's only because he was my best friend, through elementary school, the lack of support afterward. Left my bum in an icy-cold breeze. (Canada Cold) Then my other friend went, and walked into the ocean gone mad, on drugs. I witnessed that.

Expiative... I can still see it with my eyes open.

Ha-ha-ha! -40c = -40f... Get tough or get lost! I'd rather live with the "wild" Innuit at this point. They know how to survive harsh winters/ Long dark, and I like the idea of having a family in a igloo. I must be Canadian. Some people think I live in an Igloo already!

My son's helping me trap and catch. My wife and daughters making garments and cooking/ Whatever else they want/need to do. I'm a Caucasian sexist! Who wants to live in the Canadian north. (That's a joke, for all the snowflakes) I'm serious about living in the "wild."

The interwebs was down in Canada twice in one day. I was glad it was gone.

Not isolated enough for me. Send me to Iqaluit, Nunavut. Or farther into the wild. With a guide the 1st time please.

I live in one of the most unpopulated metro's of Canada.

I'm either from Victoria, or the Atlantic... What you ya say me Lassie? Where am I to go? What's the cut of your jib? I'm laughing! As far East as you can go! Before crossing the pond. That's me!

I could post links to stuff about where I live. But you'll have to PM me or figure it out yourself! ;) 

Edited by CharlieBrown
Links?

My success story: 

• Mentor

Whoops it's not "Jolly good fellow"

It is "Wish upon A star" and "Old Macdonald."

Like Ba-Ba Black Sheep/ Twinkle twinkle.
 I'm tired. Pippy Long-stockings! It's almost a new day! oh man!

Also, where I live is a Peter Pan Fantasy dream. They filmed the newest "Pan" film mostly on the island where I live.

Ireland. Or a studio.

I could share so many videos of where I live, in Atlantic Canada. It seems to be unique. There aren't any Youtube channels all about Maine. Or any other State in the Eastern USA, that is about Geography/biology/nature.

Edited by CharlieBrown

My success story: 

5 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

I tell people this. For some reason, they don't understand. (No sleep/No Energy X Hours awake, until hallucinations.)

Thanks, but it's OK. One friend was a child. It was a long time ago, I was with him the day/night before. I didn't see him dead.

It's only because he was my best friend, through elementary school, the lack of support afterward. Left my bum in an icy-cold breeze. (Canada Cold) Then my other friend went, and walked into the ocean gone mad, on drugs. I witnessed that.

Expiative... I can still see it with my eyes open.

Ha-ha-ha! -40c = -40f... Get tough or get lost! I'd rather live with the "wild" Innuit at this point. They know how to survive harsh winters/ Long dark, and I like the idea of having a family in a igloo. I must be Canadian. Some people think I live in an Igloo already!

My son's helping me trap and catch. My wife and daughters making garments and cooking/ Whatever else they want/need to do. I'm a Caucasian sexist! Who wants to live in the Canadian north. (That's a joke, for all the snowflakes) I'm serious about living in the "wild."

The interwebs was down in Canada twice in one day. I was glad it was gone.

Not isolated enough for me. Send me to Iqaluit, Nunavut. Or farther into the wild. With a guide the 1st time please.

I live in one of the most unpopulated metro's of Canada.

I'm either from Victoria, or the Atlantic... What you ya say me Lassie? Where am I to go? What's the cut of your jib? I'm laughing! As far East as you can go! Before crossing the pond. That's me!

I could post links to stuff about where I live. But you'll have to PM me or figure it out yourself! ;) 

I stopped explaining myself many moons ago to people who didn't/couldn't understand.

Tough things to witness.

Sounds a lovely family you have. snow flakes haha.

I can imagine its in the middle of know where, really does sound awesome.

5 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Whoops it's not "Jolly good fellow"

It is "Wish upon A star" and "Old Macdonald."

Like Ba-Ba Black Sheep/ Twinkle twinkle.
 I'm tired. Pippy Long-stockings! It's almost a new day! oh man!

Also, where I live is a Peter Pan Fantasy dream. They filmed the newest "Pan" film mostly on the island where I live.

Ireland. Or a studio.

I could share so many videos of where I live, in Atlantic Canada. It seems to be unique. There aren't any Youtube channels all about Maine. Or any other State in the Eastern USA, that is about Geography/biology/nature.

sounds blissful 

• Mentor
1 hour ago, pinkfairy said:

Sounds a lovely family you have. snow flakes haha.

Actually, my family is not emotionally supportive or helpful. In fact, they assume I am angry all the time, and treat me as such.

They start yelling before I do. Then tell me to stop yelling. I shant say more.

Yeah, they are snowflakes. They melt in the sun, under the mildest of conditions. Except sometimes when they melt, they explode.

Canada is actually 50/50 with the whole Who-Ha. Social justice. Banning Canada day, wearing orange instead of Red. Neo-socialist turn-coats!

Ooops! I shouldn't be political or critical of anyone. Especially on the public forum. Whatever. Oh no! A conservative!

It's not the middle of nowhere. It's a "Fly over state." The big island, North East of Maine/Nova Scotia. 16th largest island in the world!

It can be very blissful. I can walk 20 minutes and be in the middle of nowhere. Or a 20 minute drive will have you in the "Sticks." Only ~500 000 people live on the entire island.

I'll mug the mugger's. (With non-lethal weapons) I'm not Charlie Brown. I have a wooden nightstick. 2.5 Ft.

I can strap and hide on my person... I'm a bit rougher around the edges. Also, a bit paranoid because of PTSD symptoms.

I don't carry the thing with me often.

Very rare. But muggers exist here.

Shoplifting is the biggest crime lately.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Location/Sparse

My success story: 

• Mentor

-"I'll be Bach" 🕶️ *Vrooom! Crash, Bang! Boom-boom!

-"Come with me if you want to live!"

-"SKYNET! AGGHH!"

I'm pretty distant and drifting away. It's been so many years. My memories are fading. I have to use old posts, to remember the past.

(5-10 Years ago)

Everyone who I P.M. know's who they are. I won't forget you. I'm still here. You're in my thought's/prayer's

Anyone else. I'll have to check my email.

Wishing everyone well. I know in time there will be improvement for many, if not most.

Ask me what you like. A personal message will be answered faster. Because I have turned off most alerts/emails from this site.

I'm not the only one! To recover and move on. I am not saying: "Good-bye"... I'm saying: "Bye for now."

I will be here. In the background.

Even if things are not as high as expected. "At Least We Tried."

NEVER GIVE UP! EVER!

Edited by CharlieBrown
Clarity, Clarity Clarity.

My success story: 

• Mentor

More clarity. I gave a very wrong impression. The crime rate is so low, for a metro in Canada.

I live in a city that is 1/2 the pop. of the province(state) 250 000. (Total ~500 000)

There are neighborhoods that are basically slums. The walking trails at night, weave through everything.

There have been muggings. Maybe 1-4 times a year total. I walk these trails alone at night, and it's better to be safe than sorry. I've known people who were mugged. Though everything that happens here is just 4 separations apart. (Sibling of, married to, Cousin of, Parent of.)

No, I don't carry around a "nightstick"... I do have a sling, and wooden baton. I might carry alone, during the summer at night. In the dark. There is only dim light from house windows. Some people would consider it pitch black. It's not like, going in the wilderness black. But it is too dark to see in the side-shadows. Anything could be there! Like the tickle monster! 🤡

The old-timey music I listen to, can be creepy for some at night. "Blue Velvet." for example.

Nothing happens during the day, except accidents, domestic disturbances, or 1-3 major crimes a year. A big drug bust, illegal gun's seized, or pedophiles caught. A murder every decade or a little less. Here it is. Find it on a map. Look around. It only shows 2/3rds of the city max. nothing close to the metro area.

People in Toronto drive for one hour to get to work? In One hour driving here, you are absolutely "around the bay." Off in a little town.

It's 2 cities, in fact. You can't see my house! or A lot because of the airport. Of course, there are no panoramic shots of the subsidised housing neighborhood's either.

It's extremely safe. Everyone who moves here says so.

Like anywhere, only certain places, at certain times. The hooligan's come out.

European Fishermen came in ~1500, Queen Elizabeth the 1st, made it officially a city in 1583! But most settlements started in the 1620's to 1680's.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Typo/History

My success story: 

• Mentor

O.K. even "Slums" is an awfully terrible over-statement. Some, everyone I meet loves to live here. It's safe for kids! 

39 Watson St - Google Maps The trails aren't dangerous. I have encountered people in the dark. We say: "Hello/Good evening."

It's very rare goofball(s) who walk a fair distance, into a different neighborhood to mug someone.

Crime is so rare; I can remember the few muggings, over the past 5 years. Most all crime is shoplifting.

I do have a baton. But I've never had to show it. In fact. It's better to not have it. (Which is why it's hidden, and I only carry it after midnight.) Because if people saw it, I would scare them! It's probably, all in my head!

I don't like knives. I've heard of some people carrying them to feel safe. Not here. Well, there are no stabbings... Ever.

It would be a big deal here, if a guy stabbed his girlfriend. Or vice versa. During a domestic dispute.

I'm serious about the "Tickle Monster" though. 🤡

He could be anywhere down there. Imagine this at night. When there is very little/no light! Only 1 streetlight. Once you are on the trail it's quite dark. (Moonlight, but it's overcast here often.)

LIS DEPARTMENT - Google Maps Or the other side of the street, is dark in the "Google day" LIS DEPARTMENT - Google Maps

Take a stroll, when you can only see 20 ft in front of you! That's why I play music at night. So, people hear me coming.

I really should stay off the web when I'm sleep deprived! Oh well, now you can see, how mad I can be! 🤪

I slept properly. (ish) Doesn't this comment seem more lucid than other's? I think so.

Nothing happens here. I'm not afraid. If I was afraid, I would avoid the trails altogether.

It's nice to walk, off the road, in the forest next to a river.

You can walk alone at night safely. "C'mon down!" (Up!) It's only cold and wet, most of the time! You're not made of sugar, are you?

It's still a mere 20-minute drive to "Peter Pan Fantasy Land." No snakes, No skunks. No dangerous spiders. Nothing. Watch out for Ivy/Nettles. That's it.

Docile coyotes' people have been handfeeding?! Are probably the most dangerous thing other than bears. Wait no, the most dangerous animal is a male moose. During "bull season." Run!!! 1 Ton of rage running at you! Break-out the bear-spray if you have it. I know a few who have run from bears and moose. Again, it's a small place. (Relatively)

Coyotes can be curious. But when I moved toward them a little. They ran. In the past, they stayed away from people. Where this guy is walking. VVV That's Bell Island @1:14. You can hear bears and moose coming, as all the trees and branches break. So, no worries! + If you are scared of bears, they don't live on the "Avalon Peninsula" where St. John's is. Only central Newfoundland. 3-5 hours on the highway.

@5:25 A cabin, someone shares with everyone. That's how safe it is. Door unlocked. People left their stuff. I love living here.

-If you wonder about the graffiti covered building @ 3:58... It's an old base, built by the United States during WW2. To guard the coast. It looks like "Red-Cliff." But it could be anywhere. There are a lot of them.

Now if only I could fly... Bye!

Edited by CharlieBrown
Bold my crazy brain, when I haven't slept.

My success story: 

• Mentor

Here is one more neighborhood. That has "unreported" crimes. Like drugs and guns. That I know of. LIS DEPARTMENT - Google Maps It looks really nice. Obviously, I have high standards.

There are no "Slums." I have been in shanty towns/neighborhoods and cities in Central America. It's so safe here, I'm laughing at myself.

Also, yes, "Old Macdonald" and "Wish upon a star" are different notes. Different songs. But look at the music sheets.

HL-133876First_BIG_3.png (1400×1864) (virtualsheetmusic.com)

HL_DDS_1301113Jv7IHd3Fm3.png (1650×1276)

Granted these are "Moderately" and "Chirpily" So not the same tempo. Or the same notes. But they are close.

To my mushy, sleep deprived brain, they were almost the same!

Watch more videos about Newfoundland & Labrador. It's the place to be! I'm very glad I live here.

It really is "Peter Pan Fantasy Land." Don't eat the mushrooms!

One more link: 

I'm more than glad, to live where I do.

If there is one thing people here are known for, it's our hospitality!

Edited by CharlieBrown
Shrooms/Sheet music ♪

My success story: 

• Mentor

A nice history video about where I live. Sometimes it is good, to get away from all the medication talk/stress.

Alright, well this is it.

Except for private messages, I receive though email.

I've been around for a while. Recovery from medication side-effects and other mental problems is very-very possible/probable.

I've experienced it myself and seen it in other's.

I am confident in time, ♪ "though spindrift swirl, and tempest roar..." you will be a changed human. ♪

Signing-off. God Bless.

Edited by CharlieBrown
1 more historical link for fun. Sorry!

My success story: 

• Mentor

thanks for posting those videos about where you live, I love to learn about places I've never been

and thanks for popping in again, quite remarkable that you are still coming back here after what did you say? ten years?

Holy sheep, been a member since 2013!!

wait, how long have *I* been here? holy cow, I've been a member since Dec 2015

wow, where has the time gone?

during WD is dragged by so slowly, now it zips past so fast I can't keep up

anyway I am glad that you've been "sleep posting". I've found your musing quite entertaining!!

I hope you keep popping in from time to time!

Lord knows I'll probably still be here myself LOL

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

• Mentor

@Happy2Heal

You're welcome. I love geography/history. I'm proud to live where I do. It's a hidden gem.

The medication damage happened in 2009.

-It really does drag on when you are struggling. Every week is a trial. Then time flies and years pass.

I stayed away from posting. Because it made me sad. I waited. In time, I recovered completely.

I try to be clear. Posting when I am sleep deprived. ^ I said things that were totally inaccurate/overblown. Compared to reality here.

I had to come back when I woke, and say: "What did I say this morning? Oops!" The words I used. The language I used, creates a much more extreme view in your mind. If you live in a real big city. Now it's clearer. I live in Neverland! (Newfoundland!)

Edited by CharlieBrown
Time flies/I wrote Netherland, Instead of Neverland. Ha!

My success story: 

• Mentor

For all those who like old-timey. Here's Roy Orbison's "Rare Album," written after his wife and son died in a motorcycle accident. 

All the lyrics, from every song. Touch the heart in a way, that only a hurt soul has known. But it's also very uplifting.

I listen to all kinds of music! "You'll never walk alone."

I'm shooting for double digit posts, in a decade. Personal message me. That's the way to reach my email.

Edited by CharlieBrown
New paragraph, Bolded.

My success story: 

• Mentor

Rounding to 99! I won't be using the forum at all. I don't mean to spam. I hope you like the music! It's nothing like "local folk tunes."

If you look for Newfoundland, You will hear enough jigs, to dance your pants off.

PM me. I will be here. It's only that I'm done with the forum.

I prefer older music. Schubert, Vivaldi, Arvo Pärt. I still use BrylCreem. Ha-ha!

I'm not saying good-bye. I know it feels like forever. Or "The end of the world." But it isn't.

I wish there were more success stories! I know that healing can come.

My success story: 

On 7/23/2023 at 4:45 PM, CharlieBrown said:

Actually, my family is not emotionally supportive or helpful. In fact, they assume I am angry all the time, and treat me as such.

They start yelling before I do. Then tell me to stop yelling. I shant say more.

Yeah, they are snowflakes. They melt in the sun, under the mildest of conditions. Except sometimes when they melt, they explode.

Canada is actually 50/50 with the whole Who-Ha. Social justice. Banning Canada day, wearing orange instead of Red. Neo-socialist turn-coats!

Ooops! I shouldn't be political or critical of anyone. Especially on the public forum. Whatever. Oh no! A conservative!

It's not the middle of nowhere. It's a "Fly over state." The big island, North East of Maine/Nova Scotia. 16th largest island in the world!

It can be very blissful. I can walk 20 minutes and be in the middle of nowhere. Or a 20 minute drive will have you in the "Sticks." Only ~500 000 people live on the entire island.

I'll mug the mugger's. (With non-lethal weapons) I'm not Charlie Brown. I have a wooden nightstick. 2.5 Ft.

I can strap and hide on my person... I'm a bit rougher around the edges. Also, a bit paranoid because of PTSD symptoms.

I don't carry the thing with me often.

Very rare. But muggers exist here.

Shoplifting is the biggest crime lately.

Every time i hear "snow flakes" i can't help but laugh its cancel culture these days, speak any truth and your blocked or shut down.

I live in a little fishing village only 12000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

OK, 100 posts! Aucun! Nien mehr! Ya no más! It's all Greek to me! Όχι άλλο! Ha-ha.

This story cover's almost all of the problem's in my life. During that time. (Spare the grittiest, not for public)

I'm completely recovered from PSSD/Anti-depressant side-effects. As far as I can tell. It's been: 09-23=14 Year's

(~13 years off) 100 and done. PM's only... I've wasted time "liking" comments on my page.

I called myself conservative. Whoops!

I've received various reactions. Calm down guy's. I'm Canadian, I help immigrants learn to speak English properly. (Real English/Canadian English, not slang/cursing)

I have many immigrant neighbours. From all over the world. Southern America's, Africa, Europe, Middle-Eastern, Indian, South-east Asian islands and mainland. Chinese. Even Australian's and NZ. Everyone. West to East. Depending on your map.

We have a Neighborhood community.

I am Conservative. "The Who" already wrote a song 50 years ago. Expressing my feelings. They'll sing. Or I can sing to you. ;)

"♪Don't pretend that you know me. 'Cause I don't even know myself... I don't mind if you try, once in a while... I don't mind if I cry once in a while. The doors aren't shut as tight as they might seem, and I'm just tryin' to fight my way out of this dream.♪"

Stay strong, don't give up, be patient, forgive yourself, wait, be as active as possible, eat right, talk to other's.

I've been through many more trials. Did I mention, never give up?

Bye-bye, PM me or Sorry!

My success story: 

• manymoretodays locked this topic
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 7/25/2023 at 10:06 PM, CharlieBrown said:

PM me. I will be here. It's only that I'm done with the forum.

I just locked CharlieBrown's Success Story to further comments, questions after consulting them.

Many thanks again CharlieBrown for your service and sharing and help.  Super.

*and now.......happily reopening after some further discussion 🙂

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• manymoretodays unlocked this topic