If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

Class action lawsuit? Drug-induced movement disorders

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 geminigirl

geminigirl

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationBritish Colombia, Canada

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

Hi,

I am wondering why there hasn't been a class action lawsuit yet against the drug makers of ssris and other poisons.

I would like some money from the government and apologies. Big ones. Preferrably with them on their knees.

I feel that if there isn't some class action lawsuit of some sort, or action, which I would very much like to be a apart of, but with a group of people, I would be broken hearted in a way.

I would like justice for all the people and poor children harmed by psychiatry.

I would like this done yesterday,

Anybody have any ideas on what we can do? If the mainstream media does not want to address it, is there any way then we can create change in the US internally? Get rid of the dirty politicians and other corrupt systems such as FDA? Somebody brave needs to step in.

2010 started 10 mg celexa, 2011 went up to 20 mg
06/2014 started tapering (20 mg,10 mg alternate days)
19/09/2014 crashed at 10 mg
20/09/2014 updosed to 20 mg to try and stabilize- Never stabilized and CNS basically plummeted
August 31 2015- Started my 5% taper anyways

May 3 2016- At 14 mg the tapering caught up with me- Withdrawal included severe anxiety, feeling like im on speed, suicidal and homicidal ideation, akathesia, feeling like I was on heroin, memory loss, PGAD, feeling like I was on an acid
May 4 2016- Updosed to 15.5 mg to try and stabilize
​June 4- Started taking 2 mg 5 times a day which adds up to 10 mg because of akathesia when taking my full dose. Akathesia symtpoms smaller
July 27th- Dropped from 15.5 mg to 10 mg because could no longer tolerate taking drug- bad side effects mainly akathesia and emotional deadness.
​Oct 11- Improved a lot since May 4th after my crash. Withdrawal symptoms still left- DR/DP, emotional anasthesia, akathesia, tingling in head, feeling like my body and face disappears, messed up sound interpretation, perception and difficulty reading social and emotional cues during DR/DP, apathy, inability to tell if I am in dream or reality, disturbed sleep. Started having few windows

#2 zandro

zandro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

Because it's pretty much impossible to defeat big pharma.

#3 Martina23

Martina23

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:40 AM

In Europe there is also this possibility to ground a citizen initiative with some programm like idea to abolish or diminish the use of the psychiatric drugs, which has to get 1 million of signatures and the European Commision has to check this proposal and build it into the law. It has to have 7 members from 7 countries of EU. If anyone thinks that he would try it with me, I would be prepared to try it. For 1 million of signatures we would have one year from signing of initiative.
05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-
symptoms OCD

#4 Mea

Mea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSydney, NSW Australia

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:27 PM

What about starting a petition on change.org?

1997 - 2011: Diagnosed with anxiety & insomnia at age 16 put on 50mg Amitriptyline

2011 - 2013: Diagnosed with BPD & depression. Went through a number of medications including Nortriptyline, Seroquel & Lexipro
2013 - 2015: Switched to 225mg of Effexor and made major diet & lifestyle changes plus explored vitamin supplementation while working with a functional practitioner. Saw a major improvement and by 2014 no longer displayed BPD symptoms and psychiatrist decided I was "misdiagnosed" and only had depressed & anxiety.
March 2015 - October 2015 - Spent 5 months going off of Effexor and was completely off for 8 months. Experienced major and severe depression, anxiety and insomnia - Tardive Dysphoria/Oppositional Tolerance. Consistent thoughts of suicide, couldn't function, work, get out of bed or look after myself so I went back on Effexor 150 mg.
October 2015 - Present - Effexor 150

I’ve made every lifestyle change possible (regular meditation/exercise, eating cleanly and have no micronutrient or mineral deficiencies thanks to working with a functional practitioner) and although I think it has helped greatly in stabilising my mental health it was not enough when I tapered off over 5 months in 2015.

Thanks to the wonderful people in SA I have realised my last taper was way to fast and now I finally have a plan to go off of Effexor and plan to start this week! 24/7/2016

#5 WiggleIt

WiggleIt

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:59 PM

Actually, there IS a class action lawsuit being led by a group of people, and a law firm has agreed to represent if they can get enough plaintiffs!  The lawsuit is for people in the US who have come down with movement disorders from psych meds.  That means if you have akathisia, dystonia, or dyskinesia, or myoclonus, you PLEASE need to call this firm!!  Pasted below is the info that I found online.  I have already called:

"Have you come down with a movement disorder from psych meds, whether they were prescribed to you on-label OR off-label? Did you come down with permanent or temporary dystonia or dyskinesia or akathisia or myoclonus from psych meds?

Please join me and others who are working through a law firm to hold the pharma companies accountable!!! Me and other victims are joining forces to hold the pharma companies accountable.

Call Grisham and Barnhardt at 434-293-2939. Ask to speak with attorneys Tyler or Addison, or with their assistant Bethany. Please, we need ALL the victims to come forward, no matter how long ago this happened to you!"

-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in October 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014, off-label for pain

-Meds were prescribed for an "autoimmune chronic pain disease."  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but did not find out until AFTER meds had caused total damage.  All med tapers & cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline from May 2012 - Dec 2013

-Desipramine from Jan 2014 - October 2014. 60 mg reduced by 10 mg each month. Held 30 mg for 3 months. Rapid taper over 1 week from 30 mg down to 20, 10, 0

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night in 2011. In 2012, used 1 mg per month or less.  Lorazepam on & off Dec 2013 - Aug 2014, did not exceed 1.5 mg, did not exceed 3x a week

-On desipramine had muscle tremors & rigidity. Were they side effects or withdrawal effects as I reduced desip throughout 2014? Or was I in WD from nortrip as I was on desip? First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs were too stupid to help me figure it out

-Last dosage desip 10 mg on Oct. 29, 2014. Last dose lzpam 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Paradoxical reactions to benzos after quitting TCAs

-Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7 off meds: hair falling out; no improvement in vision; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8 off meds: thrown back to acute, including Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9 off meds: tardive dystonia worsened, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat.
-Month 13 off meds: Back to total acute, brain zaps back, plus developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs are now damaged

#6 Martina23

Martina23

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:53 AM

Mea, I think it is quite a good idea.Ok, but maybe first we should make the text of the petition, what we stand for.If you want, just PM me and we can compile something together.
05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-
symptoms OCD

#7 Martina23

Martina23

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:04 AM

Wiggelt, I have this problem that I did not get any movement disorder only mental symptoms. So I can not use it.
symptoms OCD

#8 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationCuenca, Ecuador

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

Actually, there IS a class action lawsuit being led by a group of people, and a law firm has agreed to represent if they can get enough plaintiffs!  The lawsuit is for people in the US who have come down with movement disorders from psych meds.  That means if you have akathisia, dystonia, or dyskinesia, or myoclonus, you PLEASE need to call this firm!!  Pasted below is the info that I found online.  I have already called:

"Have you come down with a movement disorder from psych meds, whether they were prescribed to you on-label OR off-label? Did you come down with permanent or temporary dystonia or dyskinesia or akathisia or myoclonus from psych meds?

Please join me and others who are working through a law firm to hold the pharma companies accountable!!! Me and other victims are joining forces to hold the pharma companies accountable.

Call Grisham and Barnhardt at 434-293-2939. Ask to speak with attorneys Tyler or Addison, or with their assistant Bethany. Please, we need ALL the victims to come forward, no matter how long ago this happened to you!"

Yes I am joining this also, so if you want to participate in a class action suit, we are needing to gather more people to form a group of plaintifs now, so if possible you should call right away, and you can ask to join the facebook group, Tardive Dyskinesia/Dystonia Lawsuit. There are 164 people in that group, but we are currently needing at least 50 people to contact the lawfirm and apply to get this going. So, if you have a movement disorder that you believe is caused by antidepressants, and you want to be part of a lawsuit to sue for this, please take action on this now! Thank you.

April 20 2017 Stepping down to Venlafaxine 50mg

February 12 2017 Stepping down to Venlafaxine 53mg
January 1 2017 Stepping down to Venlafaxine 56mg

November 9 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 59mg

September 1 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 62mg

June 16 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 65mg.

May 21 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 70mg. Taking Omega 3 fish oil every day (with food). Taking some other theroadback supplements.

April 22 2016 switched from Venlafaxine XR 75mg to: a different brand, Venlafaxine non-extended release 75mg.

Taking Effexor XR 75mg, which I've been taking for many years. Tried reducing last year on my own, and began having bad side effects. Planning to try reducing again this year (2016) and am currently taking supplements that are supposed to help (following theroadback.org program). 

#9 downtongirl

downtongirl

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

does this also apply to akathisia and myoclonus jerks?  Does anyone now how severe of a case you have to have to participate and do you need to be diagnosed by a dr. as to having either td, akathisia, myoclonus jerks etc. to participate?

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

#10 Sheri755

Sheri755

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNear McKinney, TX

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

Hi,

I am wondering why there hasn't been a class action lawsuit yet against the drug makers of ssris and other poisons.

I would like some money from the government and apologies. Big ones. Preferrably with them on their knees.

I feel that if there isn't some class action lawsuit of some sort, or action, which I would very much like to be a apart of, but with a group of people, I would be broken hearted in a way.

I would like justice for all the people and poor children harmed by psychiatry.

I would like this done yesterday,

Anybody have any ideas on what we can do? If the mainstream media does not want to address it, is there any way then we can create change in the US internally? Get rid of the dirty politicians and other corrupt systems such as FDA? Somebody brave needs to step in.

There is a Facebook group that I'm a member of who has a class action lawsuit in the works.

If you have this or know someone who has this disorder, please let them know.
https://m.facebook.c..._comment_follow
Effexor XR 300 (brand) mg & various SSRIs 15 yrs (Effexor XR 300 mg past 10 yrs
Clonazepam, 1.0 mg. am, .5 mg pm. - 15 yrs, 7-17-16- Began .5 three times a day
Vyvanse 60 mg, - 2 yrs, Cut to 50 mg for 6 mths, Cut to 30 mg. on 4-1-16. Tapering.
Approx. 4-1-15 began Effexor XR 300 taper, very slowly for a year. Held at 37.5 for about 3 mths. Cut to 18 mg for 2 wks to 0. WD began 2 wks later. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, low appetite, nausea.
7-14-16-Reinstated 5 beads Effx after 4 mths misery.Pooped out 10 days.
9-12-16-to present- Wide eyed terror, bedridden fear, no appetite/feeling of being full.
10-30-16- Began 15% liquid tapering of 30 mg Vyvanse. (25 mg)
11-13-16- Liquid Vyvanse 22 mg,11-27-16- Liquid 15 mg, 12-12-16- Vyvanse 12.5 for 5 days. 12-16 - 12-29, 15 mg.
11-20-16- Switched back to 1.0 clonazepam am & .5 bedtime
12-30-16- Moved to 15 mg COMPOUNDED Vyvanse.Current 4/11-4/25 7.5 mg.(10% ev 2 wks)
Current meds:Effexor XR- 5 Beads, Clonazepam-1.0 mg am, .5 mg bedtime,Vyvanse-(tapering) Estradiol- 2
mg,Progesterone 200 mg,Testosterone 30 mg/ml,Nature Throid- 48.75 mg.(12-21-16-65 mg.) (4-18-17-81.25 mg) Current supplements: Fish Oil-1360 mg, Curamin- 2706 mg.

#11 SillyFilly55

SillyFilly55

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAnza, CA

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:34 AM

Yes, there is indeed a class action lawsuit being prepared, and looking for people to join. It is unfortunately only for people in the US. I have all the information here for those who might be interested. The parameters of harm are very wide, there are many aspects of movement disorders that are considered as such. Akathisia for one. Seizures. Yes those are movement disorders. Many others people aren't even aware of.
We can have a voice-we have been dismissed, ignored and blamed long enough....the more people call the law firm, the more likely success in this endeavor,

Info here:
debdaletoday.wordpress.com

#12 WiggleIt

WiggleIt

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

does this also apply to akathisia and myoclonus jerks? Does anyone now how severe of a case you have to have to participate and do you need to be diagnosed by a dr. as to having either td, akathisia, myoclonus jerks etc. to participate?

Yes, it applies to akathisia, myoclonic jerks, and seizures.

No, you don't have to be diagnosed by a doctor as having TD in order to join. You just need to be able to honestly say that meds caused your movement problems.

You do need to be in the USA.

Call the law firm. 434-293-2939.

-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in October 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014, off-label for pain

-Meds were prescribed for an "autoimmune chronic pain disease."  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but did not find out until AFTER meds had caused total damage.  All med tapers & cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline from May 2012 - Dec 2013

-Desipramine from Jan 2014 - October 2014. 60 mg reduced by 10 mg each month. Held 30 mg for 3 months. Rapid taper over 1 week from 30 mg down to 20, 10, 0

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night in 2011. In 2012, used 1 mg per month or less.  Lorazepam on & off Dec 2013 - Aug 2014, did not exceed 1.5 mg, did not exceed 3x a week

-On desipramine had muscle tremors & rigidity. Were they side effects or withdrawal effects as I reduced desip throughout 2014? Or was I in WD from nortrip as I was on desip? First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs were too stupid to help me figure it out

-Last dosage desip 10 mg on Oct. 29, 2014. Last dose lzpam 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Paradoxical reactions to benzos after quitting TCAs

-Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7 off meds: hair falling out; no improvement in vision; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8 off meds: thrown back to acute, including Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9 off meds: tardive dystonia worsened, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat.
-Month 13 off meds: Back to total acute, brain zaps back, plus developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs are now damaged

#13 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationCuenca, Ecuador

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:55 AM

does this also apply to akathisia and myoclonus jerks?  Does anyone now how severe of a case you have to have to participate and do you need to be diagnosed by a dr. as to having either td, akathisia, myoclonus jerks etc. to participate?

The requirements to join the lawsuit are to have taken a medication and then to have developed movement symptoms, the severity isn't an issue. It is helpful to have some medical records and doctor diagnosis, but I think that may not be necessary. I am looking now for more people to join my group, those who've taken Effexor XR and developed a movement disorder. To join this group, please message me here in this forum. We have 4 people and need at least 20 to have the suit filed.

April 20 2017 Stepping down to Venlafaxine 50mg

February 12 2017 Stepping down to Venlafaxine 53mg
January 1 2017 Stepping down to Venlafaxine 56mg

November 9 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 59mg

September 1 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 62mg

June 16 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 65mg.

May 21 2016 Stepped down to Venlafaxine 70mg. Taking Omega 3 fish oil every day (with food). Taking some other theroadback supplements.

April 22 2016 switched from Venlafaxine XR 75mg to: a different brand, Venlafaxine non-extended release 75mg.

Taking Effexor XR 75mg, which I've been taking for many years. Tried reducing last year on my own, and began having bad side effects. Planning to try reducing again this year (2016) and am currently taking supplements that are supposed to help (following theroadback.org program). 

#14 megb

megb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

Is this lawsuit still going on?? I'd love more info and to join. I recently joined twitter to make a case against GSK and big pharma. I'd love to help however I can!!!

Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  

Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.

Oct'12-Sep'15: 20mg Paxil

Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 

Mar '16: began taper from 20mg- decreasing .5mg or less each month 

Apr' 17: 13.5mg Paxil, Westhroid, fish oil, vit D3, Adrenal support, and 8-12.5mg Trazodone as needed for sleep. Gluten-free & dairy free.  

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness.