SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

Hi:

Is it normal to be wheapy?

My therapist says I have been through a lot in the last few months, and it's perfectly normal.

I hope so.

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Is it normal to be wheapy?

My therapist says I have been through a lot in the last few months, and it's perfectly normal.

You know I care about you, Frogie, and I'm in a really pissy mood so I will tone this response down, but, seriously, what is "normal"?  Generally speaking, there is no such thing as "normal", rather, there is simply what society thinks is the way we are supposed to behave under a given set of circumstances.  So, as a general rule, without the complications of withdrawal, it is "normal" to feel "weepy" (please note the spelling -- sorry, but I said I was in a pissy mood) whenever you feel "weepy".  

Now, when you add in withdrawal, and the fact that it causes a complete frontal assault on your emotional state, coupled with the fact that you have been pushing yourself very hard the past couple of months, it is more than normal for you to have a period where you are feeling low.  You had a ton to look forward to and that is all behind you so you are coming down off the highs, and the adrenaline rushes you used to support yourself are now reversing out.  It is very, very normal to feel "weepy" under those circumstances.

You don't need a therapist to tell you that.

Rely on your gut, Frogie.  You are fine.

Best,

Andy

P.S. Sorry for being pissy.

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

1 minute ago, apace41 said:

You know I care about you, Frogie, and I'm in a really pissy mood so I will tone this response down, but, seriously, what is "normal"?  Generally speaking, there is no such thing as "normal", rather, there is simply what society thinks is the way we are supposed to behave under a given set of circumstances.  So, as a general rule, without the complications of withdrawal, it is "normal" to feel "weepy" (please note the spelling -- sorry, but I said I was in a pissy mood) whenever you feel "weepy".  

Now, when you add in withdrawal, and the fact that it causes a complete frontal assault on your emotional state, coupled with the fact that you have been pushing yourself very hard the past couple of months, it is more than normal for you to have a period where you are feeling low.  You had a ton to look forward to and that is all behind you so you are coming down off the highs, and the adrenaline rushes you used to support yourself are now reversing out.  It is very, very normal to feel "weepy" under those circumstances.

You don't need a therapist to tell you that.

Rely on your gut, Frogie.  You are fine.

Best,

Andy

P.S. Sorry for being pissy.

Andy: Don't apologize for being pissy. My stupid iPad likes to correct words, so I don't pay attention.

You are right, I don't need anyone to tell me it's "normal". I wasn't even expecting an answer, I just threw it out there.

We will both be ok. You will stop being pissy and I'll stop my crying.

I hope you have a better day. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Being weepy is normal in two ways, Frogie.

1) It is a very common symptom in recovery. It comes unbidden sometimes, and there really is no explanation other than "the brain is reaching for a neurotransmitter and is coming up short." In other words - purely biochemical. And sometimes it is triggered. Just this morning I fond myself getting weepy while my daughter was watching an episode of Girl Meets World. It triggered a few emotions in me, such as wanting to go back to being a kid and having my friends around me and life not being so complicated (despite the tendency for kids to think it is). I self-talked myself through it, realizing that I have much to be thankful for in the here and now, and that I was not sad, but having a bitter-sweet moment.

2) It's normal to be weepy during recovery because we are going through a lot and getting emotional about it is a perfectly normal response!

Plus, the tears we cry in sorrow are actually healing. Unlike the "Ow, I stubbed my toe" tears that are made mostly of water, sorrow tears carry toxins out of our body, cleansing us biologically of the bad chemicals that contribute to grief.

So cry. As Dr. Claire Weeks says "face it as something that is happening, accept that it is a symptom of what we are going through, float through the experience instead of fighting against it, and let time pass and heal you."

Be well, my friend.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

Thanks SJ:

Just this morning the tears are falling again.

Today is my fiancés birthday, and we were planning on going out to dinner. There is actually a nice restaurant 16 miles from us (we live in a town of 600 people no restaurants, just a hardware store, small grocery store and gas station with a convenient store). As he was leaving, he told me he was going to his brothers after work for a birthday beer. Really hurt my feelings. He wanted to do that instead of wanting me.

I talked to him and he said he was sorry he didn't realize he hurt me like that.

I just don't like these "cleansing" tears. They have been flowing quite a bit lately. I guess it's just withdrawl and this too shall pass.

Thanks for stopping by with your kind words, it means a lot. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Mentor
3 hours ago, ShakeyJerr said:

Plus, the tears we cry in sorrow are actually healing. Unlike the "Ow, I stubbed my toe" tears that are made mostly of water, sorrow tears carry toxins out of our body, cleansing us biologically of the bad chemicals that contribute to grief.

So cry. As Dr. Claire Weeks says "face it as something that is happening, accept that it is a symptom of what we are going through, float through the experience instead of fighting against it, and let time pass and heal you."

I find this to be so true!! I welcome tears, as I always always feel better afterward (and often during)

After so many years of being over medicated and not being able to feel or to cry, it's a HUGE relief to be able to cry now- or to feel anything at all (although I admit I could do without the anxiety, anger and other so called "negative" or rather, less than pleasant emotions)

the good thing is, that all emotions ebb and flow- - so Frogie, have no worries, if you're feeling weepy now, just wait a bit and you will feel different.  ;)

The emotions won't stay around for long, unless you fight them, or try to hold onto them.

Some ppl use crying to get things that they want, and may have to learn more productive ways to get attention or to negotiate for what they want or need.

Some ppl try to hold onto anger, but that only makes you a bitter and usually lonely person. Some ppl try to use anger to get what they want.

Not saying you, or anyone else here, does that. :P  but these may be reasons why we think that feeling sad or feeling angry are things to be feared or upset about, but they are not.
They are just NORMAL  human emotions that come and go, come and go, for EVERY one. Ours are a bit more sensitive during recovery, that's all.

with  all emotions, it's best to let them come- acknowledge them and accept them and then let them float thru you and away....

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Hi Frogie

It must hurt when you expected to go out with your fiancée and now he is doing something else. Some of your tears may be withdrawal and some situational.  Each will be making the other worse.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Hey H2H and Joy:

Thanks for stopping by. He is going to his brothers. He said I'm invited, but I don't want to go. They all drink and I don't. They talk about work, I don't like to listen about it.

I'm just going to stay home. He started the grill, so he won't be gone long.

I appreciate all of your kind words from both of you. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

13 hours ago, Frogie said:

Hey H2H and Joy:

Thanks for stopping by. He is going to his brothers. He said I'm invited, but I don't want to go. They all drink and I don't. They talk about work, I don't like to listen about it.

I'm just going to stay home. He started the grill, so he won't be gone long.

I appreciate all of your kind words from both of you. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie - I hope this all played out well for you.

But even if it didn't, remember - we men can be pretty dense and stupid. Forgive and move on - it will be healing for both of you.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

1 hour ago, ShakeyJerr said:

Hi Frogie - I hope this all played out well for you.

But even if it didn't, remember - we men can be pretty dense and stupid. Forgive and move on - it will be healing for both of you.

SJ

Hi SJ:

He went to his brothers, I stayed home. He wasn't gone more than an hour.

We bbq'd and then just watched tv.

Everything is fine now. Just one of those moments lol...

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well, this weekend was not very productive.

Saturday, my fiancé and I woke up at 7. We never sleep that late. Fed the animals, he laid down on the couch, I got in my chair with my chihuahua, and we both fell back to sleep until I think it was 1:00! What a shock. But I woke up with my lower back hurting. It still hurts this morning. Needless to say nothing got done.

Sunday, we got up normal time, I jumped in the shower, and we started laundry. Yuck! But it's done. We watched NASCAR. Good race. My driver didn't win, but maybe next week. Talked to a good friend on the phone for quite a while. It's always nice to hear from her. Fiancé fixed spaghetti for dinner and we were in bed at 8:30!

Got up usual time this morning, 6:15. I get up early so I can feed the dog (she's 15) and whines until I get up. Then I can talk to my fiancé before he goes to work at 7:00. Made the bed, did the dishes, now have to get ready for a dentist appt. Not looking forward to it. My stomach always churns and gets upset before I go. It's just nerves. 

It's going to be 96 today, so I'm coming home to the ac. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

15 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Well, this weekend was not very productive.

Saturday, my fiancé and I woke up at 7. We never sleep that late. Fed the animals, he laid down on the couch, I got in my chair with my chihuahua, and we both fell back to sleep until I think it was 1:00! What a shock. But I woke up with my lower back hurting. It still hurts this morning. Needless to say nothing got done.

Sunday, we got up normal time, I jumped in the shower, and we started laundry. Yuck! But it's done. We watched NASCAR. Good race. My driver didn't win, but maybe next week. Talked to a good friend on the phone for quite a while. It's always nice to hear from her. Fiancé fixed spaghetti for dinner and we were in bed at 8:30!

Got up usual time this morning, 6:15. I get up early so I can feed the dog (she's 15) and whines until I get up. Then I can talk to my fiancé before he goes to work at 7:00. Made the bed, did the dishes, now have to get ready for a dentist appt. Not looking forward to it. My stomach always churns and gets upset before I go. It's just nerves. 

It's going to be 96 today, so I'm coming home to the ac. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

This sounds like a great weekend! Declare victory and revel in it!

SJ

34 minutes ago, ShakeyJerr said:

This sounds like a great weekend! Declare victory and revel in it!

SJ

Thank SJ:

Except for being nauseous because going to the dentist, I'm ok.

Hope you are doing well. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

You asked me recently about diet, and what I eat etc., because my mood has improved so much.  My baseline mood really is much improved from diet, supplements, exercise and weekly therapy etc.,

I wanted to apologize to you, because you also mentioned a while ago that you were thinking of doing the "Nutri bullet" juicing program.

It wasn't my intention to discourage you from doing this, as I honestly think juicing raw fruits and veggies is extremely good for re-building the immune system and general health.  You can't go wrong with this!

My only concern was cost, and that clever marketing has made juicing more expensive than it needs to be.

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

HI JC:

i think we are going to try the South Beach diet.

I know a few people that have had really good luck with it.

No carbs, bread, pasta, sugar or fruit for the 1st 2 weeks. I have to give up my bananas. :(

If you can think of anything better, let me know. I'd really appreciate it!

How did the 2nd job go? Hope well...

Take care,

Frogie xx

You do what's right for you guys!

Just didn't want to put you off doing something that is beneficial to your health.

I would say, whatever you choose to go with, ensure you can maintain a healthy diet long-term.  This means getting creative in the kitchen and changing your attitude towards food etc.,.

See food as your medicine and a source of healing yourself from within; rather than something to be shoved down our gullets during times of emotional distress, lol!  (This is also a note to self :) ).

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

See food as your medicine

So very true. When I eat right, my symptoms are low to non-existent. But when I hit the bad carbs (like I did the past few days), my anxiety begins to get a foothold again.

SJ

Hi Frogie

Just catching up after a few 'window' days.

Sounds like you have been up and down lately. Hope you are able to rest and get over all the recent goings on.

Think I am heading into another wave but I have been very busy and am so tired. Nausea is back which is a bad sign! 

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hi JC:

i appreciate your input immensely.

When you were on your diet, did you omit, carbs, bread, pasta, things like that?

That's what this diet is all about. But the 1st 2 weeks you can't even have fruit.

I bought enough food for 2 days to see if we will like it or not. If not, we don't have to diet, just learn to eat healthier. Omit bread and pasta :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Flowers:

Good to hear from you. 

I feel the same as you, just been really busy, up and down. Had nausea for a couple of days. But that was nerves I'm sure. With the plumbing, and now needing dental work, while in the middle of a bathroom remodel, hurts the budget big time. But we will get through it. We always do.

Hoping you don't get any waves. Let me know how your nausea is going.

Feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Joy, Flowers, JC, Blondiee and everyone else:

Haven't felt much like getting on this week, except for quick updates.

I've been having a lot of dental work done. One more appt and I'm done! Novocain has always made me sick, even when I wasn't on any meds. So I'm getting it done all at once, so I don't have to be nauseous very long. It usually lasts a day or two after the procedure. But then I'll be done for six months and that's just a cleaning. I haven't been to the dentist in a very long time, so I expected this, but no root canals or major stuff whoooo who!

Joy, I saw you had some nausea. I'm sorry to hear that. It's no fun. Maybe lay off the exercise a little, so you don't get muscles lol... I bet you weigh nothing the way you take care of yourself. :) And your beautiful granddaughter. I got to watch mine when she was younger on the weekends. It was such a pleasure. Now she's going to be 10 next month! Treasure the moments, they grow so fast.

Flowers, how's your nausea been? I hope better. :)

JC you are just so fun to talk to. I love the MIL :) joke. My MIL is a peach, I'm very lucky, it's my FIL I have to watch out for. For some reason, he just loves to cut me down or ignore me at family events, so I just stay away from him.

Blondee, I haven't heard from you forever! How's the fatigue doing? I hope you are able to sleep and recover faster.

I'm sure I'm the oldest one in our group, so I get to complain lol... I don't complain on here. I might ask a question here and there, but my poor fiancé lol... I'm surprised he hasn't moved, or gone to the spare room. He must really love me. We've been together 9 years next month, so he's just used to me I guess lol...

Everyone take care, and write me back. Would love to here from all of you!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Nice to read your update Frogie. So sorry you are having to go to the dentist and it has made you nauseous. Just one more visit and then you will be done and can start to feel better.

Your fiance sounds like a lovely man who really cares for you. I have tremendous support from my husband too. He gets frustrated sometimes because he likes to fix things and he can't fix me!lol!

Think we are slightly under your temps but when it gets humid it feels so much hotter! We had a strong sea breeze today which was so nice but I think it will be back to normal tomorrow. 

I think I have beaten you in the age stakes - I am 64. When I am in a window I feel 25 - in a wave I feel 100!!

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

2 minutes ago, Flowers said:

Nice to read your update Frogie. So sorry you are having to go to the dentist and it has made you nauseous. Just one more visit and then you will be done and can start to feel better.

Your fiance sounds like a lovely man who really cares for you. I have tremendous support from my husband too. He gets frustrated sometimes because he likes to fix things and he can't fix me!lol!

Think we are slightly under your temps but when it gets humid it feels so much hotter! We had a strong sea breeze today which was so nice but I think it will be back to normal tomorrow. 

I think I have beaten you in the age stakes - I am 64. When I am in a window I feel 25 - in a wave I feel 100!!

Love from Flowers xxx

One more visit and a couple of days of nausea, hopefully no more nausea then. I've had a lot of stress too latley. The sewer, our vacation (I was not ready for travel), my fiancé is a charm. Sounds like your husband is too. We are both lucky. My fiancé gets upset sometimes because he wants to do something and I'm not up to it, he wants me to take a pill to feel better. I don't like taking the anti nausea meds unless I have too. Sometimes I will, so he is happy. He deserves it once in a while. You have me beat by 10 years. I just turned 54 July 3, but like you, I feel like 100 when I don't feel good. Day before yesterday,  I had an awesome day. Went out of town (45 miles) to go shopping. Today, I'm paying for it. I see my therapist tomorrow, she will be proud of me for leaving the house. We will make it, one day at a time. :)  What I wouldn't give for a sea breeze. I live in farmland yuck! I'm ready to go home. A couple more years and we are moving home.

Take care,

Frogie xx

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Frogie said:

Hi JC:

i appreciate your input immensely.

When you were on your diet, did you omit, carbs, bread, pasta, things like that?

That's what this diet is all about. But the 1st 2 weeks you can't even have fruit.

I bought enough food for 2 days to see if we will like it or not. If not, we don't have to diet, just learn to eat healthier. Omit bread and pasta :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

Sorry I hadn't replied to your reply!

I am still on the "diet", and have completely changed my eating habits..........My naturopath put me onto an intense 4 week Detox regime which actually went on for several weeks.  To this day I avoid processed food, refined sugar, dairy and gluten and now see organic and nutrient dense food as my medicine.

The weight dropped off me at a rate of 1Ib a week which isn't a huge amount, but a healthy rate.  Now my weight has gone back up by 4Ibs and has been fluctuating between 4-6Ibs more than what I had originally lost.

My Naturopath has also told me NOT to focus on weight loss at this point but improving HEALTH!  She told me to ditch the scales and work on my positivity.  The reason the weight isn't coming off me is because my body is holding on to the fat.  Its to do with my mind.  Make of this what you will!

So, yes I did omit all of those things, but really a detox is very effective way to "reset" your gut and rid your body of toxins that have accumulated over the years.  Its a tough thing to do, but I would do it supervised, AND you have to be committed to get through to the "other side" as it were.  My biggest issue was my skin which just erupted in the worst places.

Think carefully about what you want to achieve though.  

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

On July 20, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Junglechicken said:

Hi Frogie,

Sorry I hadn't replied to your reply!

I am still on the "diet", and have completely changed my eating habits..........My naturopath put me onto an intense 4 week Detox regime which actually went on for several weeks.  To this day I avoid processed food, refined sugar, dairy and gluten and now see organic and nutrient dense food as my medicine.

The weight dropped off me at a rate of 1Ib a week which isn't a huge amount, but a healthy rate.  Now my weight has gone back up by 4Ibs and has been fluctuating between 4-6Ibs more than what I had originally lost.

My Naturopath has also told me NOT to focus on weight loss at this point but improving HEALTH!  She told me to ditch the scales and work on my positivity.  The reason the weight isn't coming off me is because my body is holding on to the fat.  Its to do with my mind.  Make of this what you will!

So, yes I did omit all of those things, but really a detox is very effective way to "reset" your gut and rid your body of toxins that have accumulated over the years.  Its a tough thing to do, but I would do it supervised, AND you have to be committed to get through to the "other side" as it were.  My biggest issue was my skin which just erupted in the worst places.

Think carefully about what you want to achieve though.  

TC,

JC xxx

Thanks JC:

My fiancé and I have decided to just ditch a diet and eat better.

Went grocery shopping and bought fruits, veggies, chicken and turkey. My fiancé bought some Cheetos as a snack when we watched NASCAR last weekend, but that was the only bad thing we ate.

If nothing else, we are at least watching what we eat.

Thanks for all the tips, it's really appreciated. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Quick update:

I tapered a very small amount again.

Then went to the dentist. I was a little nauseous a couple days last week, and yesterday.

Novacain (spelling?) has always made me nauseous, even before I went on these meds.

But then I drove 21/2 hours to my dentist in my home town. Sat in her chair for a couple of hours (she worked me in). Drove 21/2 hours back. Then went to my fiancés brothers and sat on the deck and had pizza. My body isn't used to pizza and it was spicy on top of that. Oh, on the way back from the dentist, I stopped and got an ice cream cone. My body doesn't like milk, so I don't know why I did that. I'm sure it's all anxiety and the ice cream and pizza. It's hot too it's 97 at 12:35pm. Supposed to go down into the 80's the rest of the week, and next week.

No big trips now. I don't do anything until next Tuesday, and that's therapy, so a good thing. I can just kick back and relax.

Tomorrow is my chihuahuas birthday. She will be 16. I'm just going to stay home with her.

My fiancé and I decided to ditch the diet and just eat better. We went shopping last week. Lots of fruit, veggies, chicken and turkey. So just going to eat better. He cheated and bought some Cheetos to eat while we watched NASCAR, but that was it.

So I'm sure my nausea was the dentist the last 2 weeks, ice cream, pizza, and nerves.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

Well done on dropping a little again especially with the dentist thing going on.

Hope the nausea settles again now you have finished with the dentist and the spicy pizza!lol!

I don't know about you but when it's hot I just want to eat fairly healthy anyway. Like you say lots of fruit and veg and salad. Sadly it doesn't always agree with my stomach so I end up eating eggs on toast or similar.

Happy 16th birthday to your little doggie. That is such a good age. My older dog had to go to the Vets yesterday and have two growths cut out. She is quite a large breed and around 11 years. We don't know her correct age because we got her from a rescue shelter. The Vet says they were warts thankfully.  She is home now wearing an elizabethan collar for 10 days until the stitches come out. She is not impressed!  

My nausea has been bad these past few days but today it improved and I managed to eat well. I wish I could work out what brings on these episodes.

Keep well and lots of love

Flowers xxx

Hi Flowes:

I'm sorry to hear about your baby (dog). But at least it was just warts nothing serious. Three years ago my baby had breast cancer. She went through two surgeries like a trooper, and it hasn't returned. I don't know what I would do without her. I don't even want to think about it.

I hope my nausea goes away. It wasn't too bad today, but the Novacain and nerves still were there on top of spicy pizza in my stomach lol...

I can't eat eggs. It's like you eating fruits and veggies. They just don't get along with me. But I do eat toast when I'm nauseous.

If you figure out what brings on the nausea, let me know. Maybe we can get rid of it together. :)

It was nice to hear from you. Stay cool. It's 100 degrees here today.YUCK!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

"spicy pizza" - not a good idea. :o

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

8 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

"spicy pizza" - not a good idea. :o

No it's not. I thought it was "healthy". It was on wheat tortillas and cooked on the grill. Then I took a bite, jalapeños and green chilies in the tortillas. So I ate some fresh veggies that were cut up. But the damage was done lol...

Update:

I don't know why, but I woke up nauseous this morning.

I haven't had any, or enough to call it nausea, that I forgot what it feels like.

I feel like I have the stomach flu, YUCK!

We had bbq'd ribs last night, I wonder if that could have done it.

I might have to take an anti nausea pill the dr gave me, it's that bad today. 

No stress or anxiety, and the weather has been in the 80's, so it's not heat?

I just don't know. :(:blush:

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I might have to take an anti nausea pill the dr gave me, it's that bad today. 

No stress or anxiety, and the weather has been in the 80's, so it's not heat?

I just don't know. :(:blush:

It's only one day, Frogie.  I wouldn't worry and think that it's an issue unless it continues for a couple of days.

It could be from any number of things so don't let it get you upset.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Just now, apace41 said:

It's only one day, Frogie.  I wouldn't worry and think that it's an issue unless it continues for a couple of days.

It could be from any number of things so don't let it get you upset.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy:

I was just doing so well, and then wake up this morning like this.

I'll be ok. At least it's not everyday like it used to be.

I'm going to ride it out through the weekend and go from there. 

Like you said, I'm sure it's nothing. I'm not updosing, it will work out if I have to take something for a few days.

I made it below the 7's!  All downhill from here for me. :D Never made it this far.

Hope you you are doing well. :)

Have a great weekend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie

How are you doing? Did the nausea subside or are you still in the thick of it?

Sending love

Flowers xxx

4 hours ago, Flowers said:

Hi Frogie

How are you doing? Did the nausea subside or are you still in the thick of it?

Sending love

Flowers xxx

Hi Flowers:

I'm doing ok. Really tired. It's the heat.

The nausea was here one morning this weekend but not for long.

How's your nausea? Hope it's left.

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I'm doing ok. Really tired. It's the heat.

Stay hydrated! (But you know that already :P)

SJ