Frogie

Frogie: Lexapro - how to get below 10 mg

1,028 posts in this topic

Hi:

Is it normal to be wheapy?

My therapist says I have been through a lot in the last few months, and it's perfectly normal.

I hope so.

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Is it normal to be wheapy?

My therapist says I have been through a lot in the last few months, and it's perfectly normal.

You know I care about you, Frogie, and I'm in a really pissy mood so I will tone this response down, but, seriously, what is "normal"?  Generally speaking, there is no such thing as "normal", rather, there is simply what society thinks is the way we are supposed to behave under a given set of circumstances.  So, as a general rule, without the complications of withdrawal, it is "normal" to feel "weepy" (please note the spelling -- sorry, but I said I was in a pissy mood) whenever you feel "weepy".  

Now, when you add in withdrawal, and the fact that it causes a complete frontal assault on your emotional state, coupled with the fact that you have been pushing yourself very hard the past couple of months, it is more than normal for you to have a period where you are feeling low.  You had a ton to look forward to and that is all behind you so you are coming down off the highs, and the adrenaline rushes you used to support yourself are now reversing out.  It is very, very normal to feel "weepy" under those circumstances.

You don't need a therapist to tell you that.

Rely on your gut, Frogie.  You are fine.

Best,

Andy

P.S. Sorry for being pissy.

1 minute ago, apace41 said:

You know I care about you, Frogie, and I'm in a really pissy mood so I will tone this response down, but, seriously, what is "normal"?  Generally speaking, there is no such thing as "normal", rather, there is simply what society thinks is the way we are supposed to behave under a given set of circumstances.  So, as a general rule, without the complications of withdrawal, it is "normal" to feel "weepy" (please note the spelling -- sorry, but I said I was in a pissy mood) whenever you feel "weepy".  

Now, when you add in withdrawal, and the fact that it causes a complete frontal assault on your emotional state, coupled with the fact that you have been pushing yourself very hard the past couple of months, it is more than normal for you to have a period where you are feeling low.  You had a ton to look forward to and that is all behind you so you are coming down off the highs, and the adrenaline rushes you used to support yourself are now reversing out.  It is very, very normal to feel "weepy" under those circumstances.

You don't need a therapist to tell you that.

Rely on your gut, Frogie.  You are fine.

Best,

Andy

P.S. Sorry for being pissy.

Andy: Don't apologize for being pissy. My stupid iPad likes to correct words, so I don't pay attention.

You are right, I don't need anyone to tell me it's "normal". I wasn't even expecting an answer, I just threw it out there.

We will both be ok. You will stop being pissy and I'll stop my crying.

I hope you have a better day. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Being weepy is normal in two ways, Frogie.

1) It is a very common symptom in recovery. It comes unbidden sometimes, and there really is no explanation other than "the brain is reaching for a neurotransmitter and is coming up short." In other words - purely biochemical. And sometimes it is triggered. Just this morning I fond myself getting weepy while my daughter was watching an episode of Girl Meets World. It triggered a few emotions in me, such as wanting to go back to being a kid and having my friends around me and life not being so complicated (despite the tendency for kids to think it is). I self-talked myself through it, realizing that I have much to be thankful for in the here and now, and that I was not sad, but having a bitter-sweet moment.

2) It's normal to be weepy during recovery because we are going through a lot and getting emotional about it is a perfectly normal response!

Plus, the tears we cry in sorrow are actually healing. Unlike the "Ow, I stubbed my toe" tears that are made mostly of water, sorrow tears carry toxins out of our body, cleansing us biologically of the bad chemicals that contribute to grief.

So cry. As Dr. Claire Weeks says "face it as something that is happening, accept that it is a symptom of what we are going through, float through the experience instead of fighting against it, and let time pass and heal you."

Be well, my friend.

SJ

Thanks SJ:

Just this morning the tears are falling again.

Today is my fiancés birthday, and we were planning on going out to dinner. There is actually a nice restaurant 16 miles from us (we live in a town of 600 people no restaurants, just a hardware store, small grocery store and gas station with a convenient store). As he was leaving, he told me he was going to his brothers after work for a birthday beer. Really hurt my feelings. He wanted to do that instead of wanting me.

I talked to him and he said he was sorry he didn't realize he hurt me like that.

I just don't like these "cleansing" tears. They have been flowing quite a bit lately. I guess it's just withdrawl and this too shall pass.

Thanks for stopping by with your kind words, it means a lot. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 hours ago, ShakeyJerr said:

Plus, the tears we cry in sorrow are actually healing. Unlike the "Ow, I stubbed my toe" tears that are made mostly of water, sorrow tears carry toxins out of our body, cleansing us biologically of the bad chemicals that contribute to grief.

So cry. As Dr. Claire Weeks says "face it as something that is happening, accept that it is a symptom of what we are going through, float through the experience instead of fighting against it, and let time pass and heal you."

I find this to be so true!! I welcome tears, as I always always feel better afterward (and often during)

After so many years of being over medicated and not being able to feel or to cry, it's a HUGE relief to be able to cry now- or to feel anything at all (although I admit I could do without the anxiety, anger and other so called "negative" or rather, less than pleasant emotions)

the good thing is, that all emotions ebb and flow- - so Frogie, have no worries, if you're feeling weepy now, just wait a bit and you will feel different.  ;)

The emotions won't stay around for long, unless you fight them, or try to hold onto them.

Some ppl use crying to get things that they want, and may have to learn more productive ways to get attention or to negotiate for what they want or need.

Some ppl try to hold onto anger, but that only makes you a bitter and usually lonely person. Some ppl try to use anger to get what they want.

Not saying you, or anyone else here, does that. :P  but these may be reasons why we think that feeling sad or feeling angry are things to be feared or upset about, but they are not.
They are just NORMAL  human emotions that come and go, come and go, for EVERY one. Ours are a bit more sensitive during recovery, that's all.

with  all emotions, it's best to let them come- acknowledge them and accept them and then let them float thru you and away....

Hi Frogie

It must hurt when you expected to go out with your fiancée and now he is doing something else. Some of your tears may be withdrawal and some situational.  Each will be making the other worse.

Joy

Hey H2H and Joy:

Thanks for stopping by. He is going to his brothers. He said I'm invited, but I don't want to go. They all drink and I don't. They talk about work, I don't like to listen about it.

I'm just going to stay home. He started the grill, so he won't be gone long.

I appreciate all of your kind words from both of you. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

13 hours ago, Frogie said:

Hey H2H and Joy:

Thanks for stopping by. He is going to his brothers. He said I'm invited, but I don't want to go. They all drink and I don't. They talk about work, I don't like to listen about it.

I'm just going to stay home. He started the grill, so he won't be gone long.

I appreciate all of your kind words from both of you. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie - I hope this all played out well for you.

But even if it didn't, remember - we men can be pretty dense and stupid. Forgive and move on - it will be healing for both of you.

SJ

1 hour ago, ShakeyJerr said:

Hi Frogie - I hope this all played out well for you.

But even if it didn't, remember - we men can be pretty dense and stupid. Forgive and move on - it will be healing for both of you.

SJ

Hi SJ:

He went to his brothers, I stayed home. He wasn't gone more than an hour.

We bbq'd and then just watched tv.

Everything is fine now. Just one of those moments lol...

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well, this weekend was not very productive.

Saturday, my fiancé and I woke up at 7. We never sleep that late. Fed the animals, he laid down on the couch, I got in my chair with my chihuahua, and we both fell back to sleep until I think it was 1:00! What a shock. But I woke up with my lower back hurting. It still hurts this morning. Needless to say nothing got done.

Sunday, we got up normal time, I jumped in the shower, and we started laundry. Yuck! But it's done. We watched NASCAR. Good race. My driver didn't win, but maybe next week. Talked to a good friend on the phone for quite a while. It's always nice to hear from her. Fiancé fixed spaghetti for dinner and we were in bed at 8:30!

Got up usual time this morning, 6:15. I get up early so I can feed the dog (she's 15) and whines until I get up. Then I can talk to my fiancé before he goes to work at 7:00. Made the bed, did the dishes, now have to get ready for a dentist appt. Not looking forward to it. My stomach always churns and gets upset before I go. It's just nerves. 

It's going to be 96 today, so I'm coming home to the ac. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

15 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Well, this weekend was not very productive.

Saturday, my fiancé and I woke up at 7. We never sleep that late. Fed the animals, he laid down on the couch, I got in my chair with my chihuahua, and we both fell back to sleep until I think it was 1:00! What a shock. But I woke up with my lower back hurting. It still hurts this morning. Needless to say nothing got done.

Sunday, we got up normal time, I jumped in the shower, and we started laundry. Yuck! But it's done. We watched NASCAR. Good race. My driver didn't win, but maybe next week. Talked to a good friend on the phone for quite a while. It's always nice to hear from her. Fiancé fixed spaghetti for dinner and we were in bed at 8:30!

Got up usual time this morning, 6:15. I get up early so I can feed the dog (she's 15) and whines until I get up. Then I can talk to my fiancé before he goes to work at 7:00. Made the bed, did the dishes, now have to get ready for a dentist appt. Not looking forward to it. My stomach always churns and gets upset before I go. It's just nerves. 

It's going to be 96 today, so I'm coming home to the ac. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

This sounds like a great weekend! Declare victory and revel in it!

SJ

34 minutes ago, ShakeyJerr said:

This sounds like a great weekend! Declare victory and revel in it!

SJ

Thank SJ:

Except for being nauseous because going to the dentist, I'm ok.

Hope you are doing well. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

You asked me recently about diet, and what I eat etc., because my mood has improved so much.  My baseline mood really is much improved from diet, supplements, exercise and weekly therapy etc.,

I wanted to apologize to you, because you also mentioned a while ago that you were thinking of doing the "Nutri bullet" juicing program.

It wasn't my intention to discourage you from doing this, as I honestly think juicing raw fruits and veggies is extremely good for re-building the immune system and general health.  You can't go wrong with this!

My only concern was cost, and that clever marketing has made juicing more expensive than it needs to be.

TC,

JC xxx

HI JC:

i think we are going to try the South Beach diet.

I know a few people that have had really good luck with it.

No carbs, bread, pasta, sugar or fruit for the 1st 2 weeks. I have to give up my bananas. :(

If you can think of anything better, let me know. I'd really appreciate it!

How did the 2nd job go? Hope well...

Take care,

Frogie xx

You do what's right for you guys!

Just didn't want to put you off doing something that is beneficial to your health.

I would say, whatever you choose to go with, ensure you can maintain a healthy diet long-term.  This means getting creative in the kitchen and changing your attitude towards food etc.,.

See food as your medicine and a source of healing yourself from within; rather than something to be shoved down our gullets during times of emotional distress, lol!  (This is also a note to self :) ).

TC,

JC xxx

1 hour ago, Junglechicken said:

See food as your medicine

So very true. When I eat right, my symptoms are low to non-existent. But when I hit the bad carbs (like I did the past few days), my anxiety begins to get a foothold again.

SJ

Hi Frogie

Just catching up after a few 'window' days.

Sounds like you have been up and down lately. Hope you are able to rest and get over all the recent goings on.

Think I am heading into another wave but I have been very busy and am so tired. Nausea is back which is a bad sign! 

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Love from Flowers xxx

Hi JC:

i appreciate your input immensely.

When you were on your diet, did you omit, carbs, bread, pasta, things like that?

That's what this diet is all about. But the 1st 2 weeks you can't even have fruit.

I bought enough food for 2 days to see if we will like it or not. If not, we don't have to diet, just learn to eat healthier. Omit bread and pasta :(

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Flowers:

Good to hear from you. 

I feel the same as you, just been really busy, up and down. Had nausea for a couple of days. But that was nerves I'm sure. With the plumbing, and now needing dental work, while in the middle of a bathroom remodel, hurts the budget big time. But we will get through it. We always do.

Hoping you don't get any waves. Let me know how your nausea is going.

Feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx