Frogie: how to taper off Lexapro and Xanax?

Frogie

Way to go , Frogie.  A  " Scally "  signature.  Nice and clear.  :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Way to go , Frogie.  A  " Scally "  signature.  Nice and clear.  :)

Thanks, I needed that right now.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

I would want to transfer as little of my money to the drug manufacturer as possible. Keeping your dose constant, you can gradually switch over to the liquid by taking ¼ of your dose as liquid, then ½, then ¾, then all of it as liquid.

How long should I hold in between the dosage changes?

Thanks,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Moderator Emeritus

From JC's post #250:

"It sounds like your first taper, then, will not be a taper at all, but taking a month or so to convert over to 10 mg liquid lexapro, as per Scally's instructions.  Please take your time doing this; people get reactions changing form as well as dose - so when you start in January (provided your symptoms are settled by then) - follow the 1/4 liquid+3/4 tablet for at least a week before moving to 1/2 liquid+1/2 tablet.  When you get to all liquid, wait a month before starting to taper it.  You will be tempted to start sooner, but it is wiser to wait until you shake out the change from tablet to liquid before tapering."

Remember to keep daily notes on paper of your symptoms.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

From JC's post #250:

"It sounds like your first taper, then, will not be a taper at all, but taking a month or so to convert over to 10 mg liquid lexapro, as per Scally's instructions. Please take your time doing this; people get reactions changing form as well as dose - so when you start in January (provided your symptoms are settled by then) - follow the 1/4 liquid+3/4 tablet for at least a week before moving to 1/2 liquid+1/2 tablet. When you get to all liquid, wait a month before starting to taper it. You will be tempted to start sooner, but it is wiser to wait until you shake out the change from tablet to liquid before tapering."

Remember to keep daily notes on paper of your symptoms.

I have a new notebook all ready for just my Lexapro taper.

I just wasn't sure how long to do each cut pill with liquid.

What can I expect when I go from pills to liquid, so I kinda can be prepared?

Thanks for answering my questions! I really appreciate it :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi everyone:

I'm hoping someone can answer my question. :)

No matter what I do, eat 3 hours before bed, don't eat 3 hours before bed, or anything else, I wake up with mild nausea EVERY morning.

I haven't done anything different than I did a year ago. This nausea started in June 2016, and has never gone away. BLAH!!!

Been to the dr. They can't figure it out. Except I had a hemogima on my liver that they found on a ct scan. Everything else was fine. And my liver enzymes were out of wack. I had blood work done this month and my liver panel was perfect.

Can you look at my signature and maybe give me some ideas?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

If it's a w/d symptom, then you may just have to wait till it stops by itself.  You've probably already seen the Nausea thread?  It could also pay to have a squiz at BeyondMeds because Monica has very helpful information there too.  I only ever got nausea mildly, so I'm not much help, but I remember that looking out at the horizon line was soothing, and having small sips of cold water. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

If it's a w/d symptom, then you may just have to wait till it stops by itself.  You've probably already seen the Nausea thread?  It could also pay to have a squiz at BeyondMeds because Monica has very helpful information there too.  I only ever got nausea mildly, so I'm not much help, but I remember that looking out at the horizon line was soothing, and having small sips of cold water.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I will try that.

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

If it's a w/d symptom, then you may just have to wait till it stops by itself. You've probably already seen the Nausea thread? It could also pay to have a squiz at BeyondMeds because Monica has very helpful information there too. I only ever got nausea mildly, so I'm not much help, but I remember that looking out at the horizon line was soothing, and having small sips of cold water.

Hi KarenB:

I looked around on BeyondMeds, but couldn't find anywhere to do an squiz or even contact them?

Do you know anything about them or where I might find it?

Thanks,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Frogie, "have a squiz" is slang for "have a look."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Frogie, "have a squiz" is slang for "have a look."

Oh... Duh, that's why I couldn't find it.

I finally got off Prilosec and Zoloft on the 26th.

This morning, I woke up very nauseous. No re-bound acid. Is that a normal WD?

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Whoops, much watch for Kiwi slang slipping in there :P.

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

That's ok, I have blonde in my hair lol...

I just finally got off of Prilosec and Zantac on the 26th. I don't have re-bound acid, but a stomach ache. Do you know if that's a WD?

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Stomach troubles are very common in w/d.  Digestive issues, nausea ... there's the link for you.

8 month hold.

Stomach troubles are very common in w/d.  Digestive issues, nausea ... there's the link for you.

Thanks! You know you always think the worst, you have stomach cancer or something.

I'm such a worry wart, it's not funny.

I appreciate you reassuring me it's just a w/d.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Sounds like you are doing really well, Frogie!

It is my belief that your rapid taper of Lexapro, a very strong drug, set off your nausea reaction, and like Bubble said, it may be your personal cross to bear during withdrawal.

I don't know enough about the stomach meds, other than to say that they affect the way that your Lexapro is absorbed, so tapering them could affect your lexapro, too.  It may be simpler to start with the lex in January.

That's great news about your liver and the liquid lexapro.  

It sounds like your first taper, then, will not be a taper at all, but taking a month or so to convert over to 10 mg liquid lexapro, as per Scally's instructions.  Please take your time doing this; people get reactions changing form as well as dose - so when you start in January (provided your symptoms are settled by then) - follow the 1/4 liquid+3/4 tablet for at least a week before moving to 1/2 liquid+1/2 tablet.  When you get to all liquid, wait a month before starting to taper it.  You will be tempted to start sooner, but it is wiser to wait until you shake out the change from tablet to liquid before tapering.

I hope you see the sun today!

I'm going to start the pill to liquid in December. And then have a month in January where no taper on the liquid. By February I should be able to taper Lexapro by then.

I'm sooooo glad you are back. I survived just fine, but you know all my problems lol...

Hi Frogie- Got your pm. Be happy to answer any questions you have about my nausea. Don't know how much help I'll be, but shoot!

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

Hi Frogie- Got your pm. Be happy to answer any questions you have about my nausea. Don't know how much help I'll be, but shoot!

I was stupid and cut my Lexapro from 20mg to 10mg in June. I have been nauseous every morning since.

I just tapered off of Prilosec before Thanksgiving too.

I went to the dr and he thinks I have a nervous stomach. Rx'd me Levsin. It doesn't help at all.

I just wondered how you handle your nausea everyday? I know exactly how you feel and I really feel for you.

Thanks,

Frogie xx

Hi PatriciaVP:

I forgot to ask you how long you have had nausea? I haven't read your signature.

Thanks again. :)

Frogie xx

My signature doesn't say anything about my nausea. Ok, well let's see (think, think, think!).

Ever since I started this process a year ago - I've had nausea, stomach pain and a general feeling of being "unwell" almost every morning. Since emotions and changing serotonin levels tend to hit me in the stomach, I've chalked all this up to withdrawal. Just like withdrawal, I figure it'll end when it ends. Analyzing it or trying to predict a timeline just stresses me out and makes matters worse. This whole experience is hard enough as it is without causing myself even more distress.

Since I know that in my case it is all withdrawal related and emotional, I try just to relax through it. Deep breathing and repeating mantras like "I am healing" or "Every day, in everyway I am getting better and better" to myself before I get out of bed helps to relieve tension and actually helps my stomach quite a bit - odd as it may sound.

Unfortunately, no matter what I do I usually feel somewhat sick until about noon, and it is totally gone by 3, at which point I actually start to feel hungry for the first time in the day.

I do eat in the morning because I go to one of these intense "boot camp" gyms 4 days a week. I find I have to go to these classes because they give me such relief from overwhelming anxiety. The interesting thing is that even though it relieves the anxiety, it doesn't necessarily take the stomach problems away entirely.

Anyway, between exercising and eating well, I am doing everything in my power to promote my own healing, and I have faith that with time the stomach issues, just like all the other withdrawal symptoms will fade into a bad memory. I will be well, and so will you.

Peace, love and healing.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

He he he, we call squirrels "squizzers", lol!

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

He he he, we call squirrels "squizzers", lol!

That's cute lol... :)

My signature doesn't say anything about my nausea. Ok, well let's see (think, think, think!).

Ever since I started this process a year ago - I've had nausea, stomach pain and a general feeling of being "unwell" almost every morning. Since emotions and changing serotonin levels tend to hit me in the stomach, I've chalked all this up to withdrawal. Just like withdrawal, I figure it'll end when it ends. Analyzing it or trying to predict a timeline just stresses me out and makes matters worse. This whole experience is hard enough as it is without causing myself even more distress.

Since I know that in my case it is all withdrawal related and emotional, I try just to relax through it. Deep breathing and repeating mantras like "I am healing" or "Every day, in everyway I am getting better and better" to myself before I get out of bed helps to relieve tension and actually helps my stomach quite a bit - odd as it may sound.

Unfortunately, no matter what I do I usually feel somewhat sick until about noon, and it is totally gone by 3, at which point I actually start to feel hungry for the first time in the day.

I do eat in the morning because I go to one of these intense "boot camp" gyms 4 days a week. I find I have to go to these classes because they give me such relief from overwhelming anxiety. The interesting thing is that even though it relieves the anxiety, it doesn't necessarily take the stomach problems away entirely.

Anyway, between exercising and eating well, I am doing everything in my power to promote my own healing, and I have faith that with time the stomach issues, just like all the other withdrawal symptoms will fade into a bad memory. I will be well, and so will you.

Peace, love and healing.

Hi PatriciaVP:

Thanks for getting back to me.

I saw on one of your threads (Lois or Catnapt) maybe, that you were nauseous every morning.

So am I.

I was stupid in May maybe, I decided to cut my Lexapro in 1/2, from 20mg to 10mg. I've been sick since June.

I was so scared because I've never been so sick for so long in my life.

They did blood work, my liver enzymes were whacked out. So they did an ultrasound and ct scan and found a hemogima on my liver.

It is not deadly and they do nothing for them. I even sent my scan to a well known dr in New York and he said I was fine. Whew...

I know take milk thistle and had my blood work done last month, and my liver was good.

So, now I know I don't have liver cancer. I was at the dr this week, and asked him if I had stomach cancer. He said no, your blood work was fine, your ct didn't show anything in my stomach. Talked about every organ. He said you would have something show up. And he said I just need to learn to live with it.

I just went off Prilosec before Thanksgiving, so that didn't help.

If you look at my signature, I've gone off 5 meds in a year.

I just don't want it to be cancer, that's what scares me.

Knowing you have the same symptoms, makes me more comfortable. Not that I want you to have this either. I hope you get better soon!

Stupid poison they put in our bodies! I was only supposed to be on them a little while, when I was going through a divorce, 20 years ago. Good one ehe?

Thanks for talking to me. If you don't mind, can we stay in touch and maybe support each other through the nausea? I would really like that :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Going off 5 meds in one year AND having issues with your liver! No wonder why you feel sick every morning.

I know what a distressing symptom it can be, but I believe our bodies and our brains have an incredible ability to heal themselves given enough time. All we can do is support our bodies with nutrition and appropriate exercise and try to relax through the hard times with meditation and positive affirmations. Just let the healing happen.

I would love to stay in touch. I can use all the help I can get.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET 

Going off 5 meds in one year AND having issues with your liver! No wonder why you feel sick every morning.

I know what a distressing symptom it can be, but I believe our bodies and our brains have an incredible ability to heal themselves given enough time. All we can do is support our bodies with nutrition and appropriate exercise and try to relax through the hard times with meditation and positive affirmations. Just let the healing happen.

I would love to stay in touch. I can use all the help I can get.

Yeah I have put my body through way too much for a year.

I could use your help too :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie -

I know that I have told you that I was nauseous for 14 months after coming off Prozac.  I know what an awful feeling it is to have constant nausea for so long.  I really think the only thing that really helped me was time.  I know that doesn't help when you feel awful.  I think having small meals frequently, sipping on water, having some hot tea and even drinking some Coke might give you a little relief.  It doesn't take it completely away but it might provide relief in that moment.   

Try and have hope that you will begin to feel better.  I am a good example that the nausea does get better.  I still have days when my stomach isn't 100% but I am much better then I was a year ago.  A year ago at this time I was in bed, feeling like I was going to throw up and dry heaving. 

Hang in there.

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

Frogie -

I know that I have told you that I was nauseous for 14 months after coming off Prozac.  I know what an awful feeling it is to have constant nausea for so long.  I really think the only thing that really helped me was time.  I know that doesn't help when you feel awful.  I think having small meals frequently, sipping on water, having some hot tea and even drinking some Coke might give you a little relief.  It doesn't take it completely away but it might provide relief in that moment.   

Try and have hope that you will begin to feel better.  I am a good example that the nausea does get better.  I still have days when my stomach isn't 100% but I am much better then I was a year ago.  A year ago at this time I was in bed, feeling like I was going to throw up and dry heaving. 

Hang in there.

Hi:

Thanks for the reassurance. I hope I am not nauseous for that long.

Yesterday I wasn't at all, today I threw up for the 1st time.

I am addicted to coke cola, so that won't be a problem lol...

I have been drinking mint tea. That helps a little.

I just got off Prilosec too, so that doesn't help.

But got the liquid Lexapro, so hopefully it will be a little easier and maybe not so nauseating.

I can only hope.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm glad that you are getter. There really is hope. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi everyone:

I have some questions, hopefully someone can answer.

I finally got off the Prilosec, but my stomach is really nauseous and acidity. I saw on Amazon you could buy something called Acid Ease. It has marshmallow and something else in it, I can't remember. Has anyone tried it?

Also, I'm switching from pill formula of Lexapro to the liquid. Since starting the switch I have been really constipated. I'm miserable. Has anyone gone through that? (I think it's too much TMI), but I need help!

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Frogie - The AcidEase looks like a good product - I take both marshmallow and slippery elm for my digestion (more lower bowel for me, but they are good, gentle ways to coat the tummy).

BUT - you will hear me say this elsewhere - it is a "kitchen sink" formula.  What if you react to one of the ingredients?  Which ingredient are you reacting to, even though other ingredients might help?

I see 3 major components on this product:  Marshmallow, Slippery Elm, and Digestive Enzymes.  And a mysterious rice bran thing which could be helpful.

I have been thinking about digestive enzymes for you.  The gold standard - literally - is Digest Gold.  If you want to start with something, start there.

Then, if that turns out to be helpful, maybe you won't need the marshmallow or slippery elm.  Always try supplements one at a time.  You've had reactions before, so you should understand why I say this.

Are you completely switched over to liquid now?  Did you do that all in the month I was away?  (I thought there were going to be no changes until January?)  So - is constipation the only difference you notice with switching to the liquid?  If so, you are lucky!

It may be just dehydration, which means get plenty of water and electrolytes (pink himalayan salt or celtic salt, or any natural sea salt).  If you need to, you can add fiber later.  There's always the old granny remedy of having 5 prunes a day.  It's not a bad solution, and does keep things going!  Coke can be dehydrating, too, sorry.  It's probably not the best thing to put into your upset tummy.  Tea would be somewhat better, if you like it.

I hope this helps, and I hope you see the sun today.  

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hey Frogie - The AcidEase looks like a good product - I take both marshmallow and slippery elm for my digestion (more lower bowel for me, but they are good, gentle ways to coat the tummy).

BUT - you will hear me say this elsewhere - it is a "kitchen sink" formula. What if you react to one of the ingredients? Which ingredient are you reacting to, even though other ingredients might help?

I see 3 major components on this product: Marshmallow, Slippery Elm, and Digestive Enzymes. And a mysterious rice bran thing which could be helpful.

I have been thinking about digestive enzymes for you. The gold standard - literally - is Digest Gold. If you want to start with something, start there.

Then, if that turns out to be helpful, maybe you won't need the marshmallow or slippery elm. Always try supplements one at a time. You've had reactions before, so you should understand why I say this.

Are you completely switched over to liquid now? Did you do that all in the month I was away? (I thought there were going to be no changes until January?) So - is constipation the only difference you notice with switching to the liquid? If so, you are lucky!

It may be just dehydration, which means get plenty of water and electrolytes (pink himalayan salt or celtic salt, or any natural sea salt). If you need to, you can add fiber later. There's always the old granny remedy of having 5 prunes a day. It's not a bad solution, and does keep things going! Coke can be dehydrating, too, sorry. It's probably not the best thing to put into your upset tummy. Tea would be somewhat better, if you like it.

I hope this helps, and I hope you see the sun today.

I'm glad you're back. :)

I didn't know if I should try that AcidEase or not. Where do I get that Digest Gold?

I was working on the Prilosec when you left. And finally it's gone. Now just full of acid in my stomach. Feels like it's on fire.

I'm doing the switch to liquid Lexapro very slow. Then I can take it for a month before starting anything in Jan.

Ok, I'll drink more water. I have been bad about that. Do I just put the salt in the water and drink it? How much salt and how often? I have been drinking mint tea.

Thanks for helping me. I really appreciate it. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi everyone!

I have a question.

Is zofran, phenagran, or carafate addictive? I am sooo nauseaous  :(

And if so, which ones, and do you have to wd from them?

Thanks,

Frogie xx

Frogie -

I tried Zofran and it only worked for a few hours.  I also tried phenagran and that made me sleep.  Just wondering if you have tried Benadryl for the nausea.  That is what I ended up using when it got really bad.  It took the edge off and helped me sleep. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Frogie -

I tried Zofran and it only worked for a few hours.  I also tried phenagran and that made me sleep.  Just wondering if you have tried Benadryl for the nausea.  That is what I ended up using when it got really bad.  It took the edge off and helped me sleep.

I haven't tried Benadryl, but at this point I'll try anything.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie -

Let me know if you have any success with the Benadryl. 

O2bhappy:

I will.

Went to the store yesterday and forgot it! Walked right past it.

I'll go to the store I'm sure soon again.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie -

I think it is better to try the Benadryl then trying the prescription nausea medicine.  I did read that Zofran was a serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonist and that scared me because I was getting off an SRRI and I didn't want anything that affect serotonin in anyway.  I am not exactly sure what that means, but thought I should avoid anything possibly messing with serotonin.