Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry4949

Why do some people in withdrawel find they feel better when they start a new med

3 posts in this topic

from what I have read on this forum and I must state that I do believe is correct , that when you are in withdrawel from any phycotic medication , that no amount of serotonin etc will make you better the damage has allready been done to your nervous system , so I often look at people's history and read what sort of meds and history and timeline that they have been on and at what sort of recovery rates they have had , some people I have seen have been in withdrawel for long periods months and even years and through frustration and the overwhelming sadness that they have resorted to another medication ,and I think that at some time during our recovery that we all have felt that way , I am just curious to the fact some but not all have reported in the history that they have found relief some have said emidiate relief to the endless suffering , now I was under the impression that when you are in withdrawel nothing will help in recovery , or is it that these people were never in withdrawel , can anyone shed any light , and just for the record I do not plan on ever putting another drug in my body again

Terry, if I understand your question right, there is a YouTube Video from Dr. Peter Breggin named What is medication spellbinding? and in this Video he tries to explain why the People think that their state went better on medication even if in fact it is slowly deteriorating.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwIDfcc5Z3w

Terry, if I understand your question right, there is a YouTube Video from Dr. Peter Breggin named What is medication spellbinding? and in this Video he tries to explain why the People think that their state went better on medication even if in fact it is slowly deteriorating.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwIDfcc5Z3w

Thank you for that video- WOW