If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#37 Nadia

Nadia

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

By taking it orally? I have some mag chloride oil. I never thought of ingesting it. I'll look into it.

Thanks, Nadia

Yeah... I find I tolerate it better than the other types of magnesium I've tried (citrate, oxide, and certainly hydroxide!). I get the crystals from a pharmacy and dilute them in water (they are really cheap, too). 50g per 1.5 liters of water. I've gradually worked up to taking 40 mL of the liquid twice a day. Sometimes I split it up more since that is supposed to help with absorption. It tastes bad but the taste doesn't stay in your mouth. If you drink water it goes away right away. And it's weird, I almost don't mind the taste anymore, like my body knows I need it!

My mom and dad have been taking it as well... and they both notice a difference. My mother used to have awful joint pain that wouldn't let her sleep. Now she only has it on really cold, rainy days.

I notice now I am hardly ever constipated, which is a nice plus. I only get constipated now if I eat bread or cookies and such.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

#38 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

When do you take Magnesium? Morning or night? And I bought a magnesium complex pill from GNC.

#39 Nikki

Nikki

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

I checked the dose of the magnesium I have and it is 250 mgs...........way too much. Need to repurchase 50 mgs. to start like Alto suggested.

Intro: http://survivinganti...ndown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

#40 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

I have liquid magnesium citrate. How can I mix that in to water to use as a relaxant? I don't want to have to go to the bathroom all day! Also, can I take it in the morning and night?

#41 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

You can cut tablets up, or empty the powder from capsules into water to drink. sb, you can take magnesium anytime you want to feel relaxed. Nighttime is good. You'll have to experiment with the liquid magnesium. Maybe take less so it's not laxative? Epsom salt baths are a good way to absorb magnesium, too.
This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#42 Barbarannamated

Barbarannamated

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

FYI, Collection of journal articles about magnesium: http://survivinganti...ers/#entry23156
Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

#43 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Thanks, Barb. Good article, moved to http://survivinganti...ther-disorders/ (Media)
This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

#44 jr1985

jr1985

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationBelfast, UK

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

Magnesium makes me jittery and gives me insomnia. My mind races so much I can't sleep. It feels like I'm on opposite land since w/d. :(
2003-2005: Paroxetine
2006-2009: Citalopram
2009-2011: Effexor
Aug/Sept 11: Fast tapered Effexor to Mirtazapine
Oct: C/T Mirtazapine after bad reaction and back on Effexor
Nov/Dec: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell
5/2/12: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg
30/6/12: Dropped to 35.6mg

#45 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

How much did you take, jr?

#46 jr1985

jr1985

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationBelfast, UK

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

How much did you take, jr?

I've tried taking 25mg-100mg magnesium glycinate and citrate. I've also tried 266mg magnesium oxide, which didn't cause any problems (I think) but I wasn't sure it was benefiting me either.

I tried 200g Epsom salts once, but it caused the same problems as the tablets.

#47 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Did you have the same symptoms when you took 25mg mag citrate/glycinate? If not, that might be your upper tolerance. You may be able to take more later on. Mag oxide is not very well absorbed.

#48 jr1985

jr1985

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationBelfast, UK

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Did you have the same symptoms when you took 25mg mag citrate/glycinate?

If not, that might be your upper tolerance. You may be able to take more later on.

Mag oxide is not very well absorbed.

Yes, I still had same symptoms even at 25mg.

#49 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Well, no more magnesium for you! At least for a while.

#50 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

http://drcarolyndean...nesium_miracle/

The Magnesium Miracle
Carolyn Dean MD ND

....all the metabolic processes in the body, ALL OF THEM, depend on vitamins and minerals, which act as necessary co-factors. Magnesium itself is a co-factor and responsible for the function of 325 enzymes; is an absolute requirement for calcium to be incorporated into bone; keeps toxic chemicals out of the brain; dances with calcium to create nerve impulses and muscle impulses; keeps muscles relaxed, including the heart and blood vessels, and triggers dozens of health conditions if it is deficient.

The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for magnesium is between 350 and 400 milligrams per day, which is just enough to ward off outright deficiency. But for optimal health and for the twenty-two conditions that are triggered by magnesium deficiency, perhaps twice as much magnesium is needed. One of the highest sources of magnesium is kelp, but one tsp. only has about 30 milligrams. One tablespoon of almonds has 33 milligrams. Because we probably don’t get nearly enough magnesium from out diet we have to investigate magnesium supplements.

I use several types of magnesium. However, I stopped using magnesium oxide in 2005 when I read a study that showed only 4 percent of the oxide form of magnesium is absorbed. That’s why magnesium oxide is a great laxative but if you want to stock up on magnesium you need to use other forms. I use magnesium citrate and magnesium taurate and also spray on magnesium oil after a shower. Magnesium oil is supersaturated magnesium chloride and because it’s used topically it doesn’t cause a laxative effect. And I find it really does work. I seem to have a very high requirement for magnesium and to get enough by mouth I can have a laxative reaction—but if I use magnesium oil, I only need to take half the amount of magnesium by mouth and therefore avoid loose stools.

You also have read labels when you buy magnesium products. For example a label may say magnesium taurate, or magnesium citrate, or magnesium glycinate, 500 milligrams, but when you look at the fine print on the back of the bottle you will notice the actual amount of magnesium is much less. The actual amount of magnesium in 500 mg of magnesium glycinate is 50 mg. Companies that make chelated minerals like magnesium glycinate and magnesium taurate claim that chelates are more readily absorbed. That may be the case, but how you tell is if they have less of a laxative effect....

#51 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Locationpasco, washington state USA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have great success with a magnesium supplement in lessoning gabapentin withdrawal to a tolerable level, I'm thinking that we know some vitamins and minerals are leached out of the boldy as a result of taking High doses of gabapentin and other medication, Magnesium worked so well in eliminating 90% of the withdrawal I experienced from gabapentin taper, I wondering if the same thing is true with other drugs like benzos and prozac that when we begin to taper off these drugs our bodies have such magnesium a deficite that the chemical recepters in the brain are unable to find enough magnesium to restore the bodies chemical balance. Has any one tried a magnesium supplement for benzo withdrawal or prozac withdrawal to see if the magnesium lessons or eliminates the withdrawal? With hope

#52 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

If you take too much magnesium by mouth at one time, you will get cramping and diarrhea.

It's a clear sign to reduce dosage. If you pay attention to that, you can't overdose.

Hi alto,

Are you familiar with (Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT)? What have you heard about this timed release?

good day

#53 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Sorry, I don't know what that is.

#54 kerrip

kerrip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I currently take magnesium l-threonate, which is supposed to cross the blood brain barrier more effectively. I have noticed a benefit but it is very expensive. I also have taken chelated magnesium, which is supposed to be better absorbed in ones' small intestine. It is pretty affordable, and I find it does help. I have heard to avoid magnesium glutamate and aspartate, as they break down into glutamine and aspartic acid, which are activating neurotransmitters I think.
On 20 mg Celexa for 7 years for insomnia and GAD
Tapered from 20 mg to 0 from Aug 2011 to Dec 2nd 2011
Used Xanax intermittently over the past 7 years, and through WD.
Started 50 mgs Trazodone in June but am starting to taper off due to bad eye twitching, suspected Trazodone is the cause. Went to 25 mg in October and then 12.5 in December and then 0mg on Dec 20th.

Reinstated citalopram at 10 mgs on Nov 26th, then up to 20 mgs on Dec 3rd. Started kindling reaction on Dec 10th. Decided a very quick taper to 10 mgs for a 2 days and then 5mgs for a 2 more. Holding at 2.5 mg and beginning to stabilize. Reinstated trazodone to 12.5 mgs.

#55 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hi Alto, I've been searching the net for information in regards to magnesium and came acrost this web page: http://www.jigsawhea...ments/magnesium Magnesium has done so much for me in such a short time, the best I have felt in a long time however it is difficult to find a magnesium supplement taken through the GI tract which doesn't cause irritation of the GI especially at higher levels. I have found that taking around 750 mg magnesium per day get's rid of all my aches and pains even pain from nerve damage and no withdrawal from the gabapentin I stoped taking, off the gabapentin for 22 days. I feel so good but the consequenses of this high amount is diarea and so I can not sustain this level. While taking lower amounts of magnesium, 300 mg. I can sustain this amount of supplemented magnesium but at this level I experience some pain and still experience some withdrawal symptoms from gabapentin. Still I can tolerate what little withdrawal there is but I have seen what higher doses of magnesium can do and I'm convinced I should be taking 750 mg. My diet has been lousy for a long time, mainly processed foods, I am changing this but my magnesium reserves have been sorely depleted over many years (20 years or more) The sustained release magnesium claims to have solved the problem of GI irritation. Wishing you well.

Edited by Altostrata, 01 November 2012 - 05:08 PM.
fixed link

#56 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Yes, magnesium has many benefits few realize!

Thank you for the link.

The Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT contains in each tablet (they say to take 4 per day):
  • 1.25mg P5P (a strong form of vitamin B6)
    For some people, vitamin B6, especially in the P5P form, might cause anxiety.
  • 50mcg Metafolin (a highly absorbable form of folate, the same as Deplin)
    For some people this might cause anxiety.
  • 125mg dimagnesium malate
    This is the magnesium part.
  • 387.5mg malic acid
    Malic acid is supposed to have some healing qualities on its own, and is touted (with magnesium) for fibromyalgia. I don't know much about it.

A bottle of 240 Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT tablets costs $39.97, which is quite expensive for those ingredients, which are readily available separately.

My policy on mixed supplements is that if your system is hypersensitive, when you take a mixed supplement and have a bad reaction, you won't know which ingredient gave you the bad reaction. This supplement contains 2 B vitamins that can cause anxiety; a lot of people with withdrawal syndrome react badly to B vitamin supplements.

I would not recommend it for people who are tapering or have withdrawal syndrome. I'd suggest buying magnesium maleate and malic acid separately and taking small amounts of the magnesium throughout the day, if necessary by cutting tablets up. (Personally, initially I could tolerate only 50mg-75mg magnesium at a time. I worked up to 100mg with no problem.)

I like the idea of sustained-release magnesium but for people sensitized by withdrawal, I don't think this is the right product.

#57 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

I've decided to give 240 Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT a try, purchased through Amazon for $30.59 total. I'll go slow and relate my experience. The ionic fizz Magnesium pluss 60 day supply (Pure essence labs) about $30.00 on amazon is a mixed supplement with too many add ins to mention (magnesium carbonate) and per serving 300 mg. magnesium, I take on an empty stomach and I tolerate it pretty well. But I have found that my withdrawal symptoms from the gabapentin start to show up a couple of hours before bedtime. Decided on this one as opposed to others, the vitamins and minerals which tend to be leached out of the body useing gabapentin were all contained in this product. Probably not very scientific. I've been taking 150 mg. at bedtime and if I eat some ice cream as a late night snack I sleep better. I was desperate to lessen the withdrawal from the gabapentin, basically I took the magnesium (out of desperation) thought I was going to be stuck on gabapentin for the rest of my life. As I had not yet found this forum but put bits and peices together from the other forums where I read about gabapentin withdrawal and there was only magnesium as an indication of any hope of lessoning or eliminating the withdrawal. Knowing how to taper off of these drugs I think is the NO. 1 most important piece of information to have, without that you can get lost pretty fast. Amazing how fast the magnesium worked. my doctor really had no comment about the ionic fizz. magnesium supplement. She read the contents on the label out loud and that was it. Kinda disapointing that my doctor didn't have anything to say or provide support of any kind. It's as if she left me to fend for myself. May you be well.

#58 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Many of us have had very good results with magnesium supplements. Please let us know how you do with the Jigsaw product.

#59 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Many of us have had very good results with magnesium supplements.

Please let us know how you do with the Jigsaw product.

Hi Alto, I got the Jigsaw Magnesium W/SRT in the mail today. I'm going to start out slow adding one 125 mg. pill adding it at my mid-day and stay at this level for a week or more, no noticable change in how I feel.

#60 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Yes, magnesium has many benefits few realize!

Thank you for the link.

The Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT contains in each tablet (they say to take 4 per day):

• 1.25mg P5P (a strong form of vitamin B6)
    For some people, vitamin B6, especially in the P5P form, might cause anxiety.
  • 50mcg Metafolin (a highly absorbable form of folate, the same as Deplin)
    For some people this might cause anxiety.
  • 125mg dimagnesium malate
    This is the magnesium part.
  • 387.5mg malic acid
    Malic acid is supposed to have some healing qualities on its own, and is touted (with magnesium) for fibromyalgia. I don't know much about it.

A bottle of 240 Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT tablets costs $39.97, which is quite expensive for those ingredients, which are readily available separately.

My policy on mixed supplements is that if your system is hypersensitive, when you take a mixed supplement and have a bad reaction, you won't know which ingredient gave you the bad reaction. This supplement contains 2 B vitamins that can cause anxiety; a lot of people with withdrawal syndrome react badly to B vitamin supplements.

I would not recommend it for people who are tapering or have withdrawal syndrome. I'd suggest buying magnesium maleate and malic acid separately and taking small amounts of the magnesium throughout the day, if necessary by cutting tablets up. (Personally, initially I could tolerate only 50mg-75mg magnesium at a time. I worked up to 100mg with no problem.)

I like the idea of sustained-release magnesium but for people sensitized by withdrawal, I don't think this is the right product.

Hi,

Carolyn Dean MD ND has her own magnesium product called "remag" remag[it is a liquid and she claims it is 100% absorbed, 1/2 teaspoon twice a day provides 500 mg.

She has allso researched and recomends the Jigsaw w/srt

As you know I've been trying the Jigsaw w/srt I take one 125 mg tablet at bed time,

Initial results were not encouraging, gave me a big head ache so I stoped taking the Jigsaw w/srt. I waited for the head ache to go away and I stoped taking the DHEA 10 mg. Waited 3 days and began taking the Jigsaw w/srt again 1 tablet at bed time.

This time I initially experienced a very mild head ache for the first 4 days and then on the 5 day no head ache tonight will be my 8 night. No more problems.

It has reduced my tinnitus by about 75 percent. Still only taking 1 tablet, 2 more days and I will up my intake to 1 tablet at night and one tablet in the morning.

If this works out with no adverse effects than I'll cut back on the amount of the other oral magnesium supplements I'm taking.

Hope all is well

Edited by Altostrata, 21 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.
corrected quote coding

#61 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Many remedies that might cause problems for people with withdrawal syndrome are fine for people without hypersensitized nervous systems. Good to hear this supplement is working well for you. 10mg DHEA is a high dosage of DHEA. Please be careful with this powerful supplement.

#62 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Many remedies that might cause problems for people with withdrawal syndrome are fine for people without hypersensitized nervous systems.

Good to hear this supplement is working well for you.

10mg DHEA is a high dosage of DHEA. Please be careful with this powerful supplement.

Hi all,

Thanks alto for the info on DHEA,

I need to make a correction to my last post in this thread: Regards the dosage of ReMag The following quote is from carolyndean web sight.

"I used to recommend angstrom magnesium however, ReMag Pico-Ionic is a much higher potency at 50,000 ppm compared to 3,000 ppm in the angstrom form. ReMag comes in 8oz. bottles at an average daily dosage of 250 mg per 4 mls (1 tsp = 5 ml). The smaller bottles make it much more convenient and easier to pack when traveling.

5. In my book, The Magnesium Miracle I talked about Dr. Mildred Seelig’s original research with the pharmaceutical industry. She found that most drugs, when taken, cause magnesium to flood the blood stream. Presumably to help detoxify the drug. HOWEVER, the surge of magnesium can greatly benefit the individual who assumes that the drug is causing the benefit. Then after “the honeymoon is over” and all the magnesium stores are depleted, you really begin to notice the drug side effect. The drug companies have not bothered to convey this information to the public."

Really makes me mad that we have been so duped by the pharmaceuticle industry.

ReMag is $29.99 I think you can try to discount by entering the code "the magnesium miracle" or "magnesium miracle" not sure which it is and I can't find the original text. Sorry.

Wish you all well.

#63 flower

flower

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Am I crazy or could these epsom salt soaks cause me anxiety? This is the second time I've done this. Maybe just WDs from the celexa
C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

#64 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Anything might cause a paradoxical reaction. You might wait a week or so before trying again.

#65 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

Many remedies that might cause problems for people with withdrawal syndrome are fine for people without hypersensitized nervous systems.

10mg DHEA is a high dosage of DHEA. Please be careful with this powerful supplement.

Hi all,

Thanks alto for the info on DHEA,

I need to make a correction to my last post in this thread: Regards the dosage of ReMag The following quote is from carolyndean web sight.

"I used to recommend angstrom magnesium however, ReMag Pico-Ionic is a much higher potency at 50,000 ppm compared to 3,000 ppm in the angstrom form. ReMag comes in 8oz. bottles at an average daily dosage of 250 mg per 4 mls (1 tsp = 5 ml). The smaller bottles make it much more convenient and easier to pack when traveling.

5. In my book, The Magnesium Miracle I talked about Dr. Mildred Seelig’s original research with the pharmaceutical industry. She found that most drugs, when taken, cause magnesium to flood the blood stream. Presumably to help detoxify the drug. HOWEVER, the surge of magnesium can greatly benefit the individual who assumes that the drug is causing the benefit. Then after “the honeymoon is over” and all the magnesium stores are depleted, you really begin to notice the drug side effect. The drug companies have not bothered to convey this information to the public."

Really makes me mad that we have been so duped by the pharmaceuticle industry.

ReMag is $29.99 I think you can try to discount by entering the code "the magnesium miracle" or "magnesium miracle" not sure which it is and I can't find the original text. Sorry.

Wish you all well.

Hi,

I purchased the ReMag today the discount code is "magnesium-miracle" I didn't get it right I didn't include the dash between magnesium and miracle.

I paid full price of $29.99 plus shipping and handling total $38.98.

Will let all know how this ReMag works.

Thanks.

#66 Skyler

Skyler

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hi,

I purchased the ReMag today the discount code is "magnesium-miracle" I didn't get it right I didn't include the dash between magnesium and miracle.

I paid full price of $29.99 plus shipping and handling total $38.98.

Will let all know how this ReMag works.

Why don't you call the vendor, explained what happened, see if they will adjust the amount you paid? That has happened to me online, and usually the seller is accommodating.. they want your repeat business!

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

#67 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hi alto,

What have you heard or read about this: FDA moves closer to criminalizing herbs, vitamins, and minerals criminalizing vitamins and minerals

Looks like big pharma is at it again.

Are they serious?

Wish you the best

#68 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

That is a blog post from January 2011. As far as I know, there is no such current FDA criminalization action.

#69 bubbles

bubbles

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationsomewhere

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Alto, I have been re-reading this thread and wonder if you are still using the magnesium cream? Are you still finding it helpful? B

My thread here at AS: http://survivinganti...-bubbles/page-3

2001 Hashimotos diagnosis

2005 St John's Wort

2006 Lexapro 20mg

2 unsuccessful attempts to discontinue

Discontinued successfully over 5 or so months in early 2012

January 2013 started sertraline, over time worked way up to 100mg

July 2014 dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for several months

January 2015 started to taper to 50mg over several months, held for several months

February 2016 at 35mg

6 March 2016 at 33 mg

(also takes Armour Thyroid plus a small dose T4)

#70 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for reminding me to use my homemade cream! It did work pretty well.

#71 aza

aza

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hello,

I have been very busy doing searches for anything related to magnesium as I have had my eyes and mind opened to the miracle of magnesium.

I have been gabapentin free for 52 days now and with very little withdrawal and some days with none.

I have tried servral different magnesium supplements some better than others.

Ionic fizz magnesium plus: it has helped but a lot of acid which can't be good for my teeth.

Magnesium oxide: not much help and lots of diarea.

Cal-Mag Supreme: It works fairly well but again it has acid.

Jigsaw Magnesium w/SRT: (sustained release technology) this one does not cause diarea but may not be recomended for withdrawal because some of the ingrediant's may be activating. Currently this is my primary choice it releases the magnesium over a period of 8 hours and right now I take 2 in the morning and 1 at bedtime, each tablet is 125 mg. dimagnesium malate and malic acid (as dimagnesium Malate), B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) Folate (Quatrefolic 5-MTHF) There is Acid in the tablet which I swallow whole so acid does not effect my teeth. I currently have no side effects from this product.

Remag: A new product which just came out a couple of months ago and has 100% absorption. I thought I was going to get this product sometime next week but it has been back ordered and will now ship on Dec. 6, 2012 this product holds great promise as there is no diarea and has 100% absorption. ReMag

I must admit that I have not been able to try ReMag yet but it comes by good authority. As this is a new kind of magnesium supplement and you can read more about it and it's author at Dr. Carolyn Dean Md. Nd.

I know that I was skeptical about magnesium when I read the forum posts suggesting a magnesium supplement to help reduce my withdrawal but I was just desperate enough to try it. As there didn't seem to be any end in sight to my withdrawal which went on for more than a month and the longer I was in withdrawal the worse it got, to the point that I wasn't eating so I had to reinstate to the 1200 mg. dosage of gabapentin. Then I could eat and no withdrawal but that wasn't good enough for me I simply wanted to stop taking gabapentin and without a magnesium supplement I doubt I would have been able to stop taking gabapentin.

My thinking and understanding about why magnesium is so effective in treating the withdrawal symptoms of gabapentin and many other durgs which cause withdrawal is explained below.

I can only epeculate about this aspect of phamaceutical durgs but could it be that it is the magnesium which is flooding the blood stream that is the most benificial aspect of the drug and posibly a trade secret as to why theses drugs are marketed in the first place. Is it possable that the big pharma knows that it is the magnesium that is the biggest cintributing factor in the success of a drug and why so many of these drugs fail after awile (because all of the magnesium has been deplete from our bodies.

The following quote is from carolyndean web sight.

May you all be well.

#72 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Aza, why do you think some of these preparations contain acid?