If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

Djderek I had pssd!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Djderek

Djderek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNy

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:23 AM

A year ago I came off effexor and Prozac. !! I developed insomnia, obsessive ruminations.. I felt very stressed!! All the time. Then one day I realized... I have no libido!! No sexual or emotional energy. I felt numb!! I tried suicide.. I somehow believed I was damaged. I went downhill fast. I quit my job, lost my fiance. I tried to end my life. I ended up in the psych ward.

Long story short. I met a yogi. I was in a bad place in my head. Non stop ruminations. Chronic disabling insomnia. Complete numbness. I began to meditate and practice yoga. In other words, I gained awareness of my mind, and how it was making me sick. I abstained from masturbation for the past eight months. I've mastered my mind. I found God!

Now,just in the past two months, my body has regained it's natural warmness. I feel once again , Pleasure! My body tingles with sensations in which I thought I've lost forever. I started feeling emotional last month . Someone in this movie was crying, and I felt his pain.. And I cried.. My stomach dropped and my breath left me. I let go.

My depression is almost gone too!! I find myself laughing..! Even smiling!! Loving. . feeling peace, at last. I haven't felt this in years..

When I used to participate in negative conversations, I became consumed with hopelessness. I negative feedback loop if you will. I bought into the idea that I was damned for life. My mind wouldn't let go of this idea, until I gained awareness of my mind and it's conditioned cycles of repetitive negative thought. Feeding my depression.

Now, I wake up, spend ten minutes watching what my mind comes up with, and I breath..gently.. And they come and go.. As I'm typing this, I have full bodily sensation. The nerves in my body feel alive.

Much love to everyone!! Never give up!!

#2 NoMoreADs

NoMoreADs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hi, I'm so glad you are doing well. How long after taking your last pill did the insomnia to go away?

• 1992-Feb. 2016- Took almost every antidepressant on the market. Cold turkeyed most of the medications I took.
  • Stopped taking Paxil February 8 2016. I tapered the dose from 50 mg to 0 over the course of about 10 weeks
  • On no medications as of Feb. 8, 2016
  • As of 10/23/16-Still unable to sleep more than 4 to 5 hours a night, sometimes less

#3 Djderek

Djderek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNy

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

The insomnia lasted around five month's for me. It was followed by a chronically fatigued like state where I slept and slept . Thanks!

If you have insomnia, your either trying too hard to sleep, or your thinking and thinking over and over and over. Thats how it was for me. I eventually crashed .

Ill pray for you!

#4 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

H Djderek,

Welcome to SA.

It will be helpful if you would Please put your Withdrawal History in Signature.  Details of the 12 months prior to you stopping the drugs and a summary of anything prior.  Please include all drugs, dates and doses and how you decreased/increased your doses.  Did you alternate doses, alternate days or CT?  Did you do a Prozac bridge?  If it was a Prozac bridge, was it a cold switch or a cross-taper?

Also, what was your reason/s for coming of the drugs?  Were you experiencing side effects?  Also, did you follow a doctor's suggestion on how to get off the drug or did you do it on your own?

I am sure many members here will be interested in your drug history.

If you click "Follow" top right you will be notified when someone responds.

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 25mg (from 21 April 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

#5 theloneranger86

theloneranger86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

DjDerek Would you recommend yoga for PSSD ? I dont think Psychiatrist know **** , and I have lost so much trust in doctors. Do you think it was yoga that cured you ?

#6 Djderek

Djderek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNy

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:25 PM

I'm not sure. I think time, rest, exercise and being active eventually changed things for me

#7 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

I'm not sure. I think time, rest, exercise and being active eventually changed things for me

I think this is the key. Also, listen to your body and care for it by giving it what it says it needs. Thanks for telling us about this, Djderek.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.