superheather Dry cutting Amitryptaline (Elavil)

superheather

Hello Tapering Warriors,

I haven't been on this site in a long time however I am very active in multiple support groups on Facebook and am a polydrug tapering veteran who helps many so I pray I get support here.

I am running into problems tapering amitryptaline using a combination of pills that my body is used to and compounded liquid suspension. For example, right now I am taking 1 10mg tablet and then 2.5mg in compounded liquid. I microtaper the liquid. My body doesn't seem to be registering the liquid compound the same as the pills though. I am curious if others have experienced this problem with compounds.

The challenge with amitryptaline tabs in their minute size and the coating they have. I know I have to work with these tablets for the duration of my taper and I need help from anyone with experience tapering amitryptaline tablets. I briefly soaked a tablet in water to remove the coating and am prepared to order a gram scale and start microtapering that way. I am badly kindled so microtapering is key for success here. Is anyone else tapering a drug with a coating? Is anyone else tapering ami tablets? 

Thank you kindly,

Heather

• Administrator

Welcome, superheather.

We have a number of people tapering amitriptyline; use search in the Introductions forum to find them.

Also see Tips for tapering off amitriptyline

How long do you keep the compounded liquid? Who makes it for you?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.