If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Spirituality, Philosophy etc

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#253 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

Mysticism and Madness Lecture

Various psychiatric drug treatments since 1990. Prozac & Stelazine in 1994 for a few years. 1200mg Amisulpride in 1998 for a year. 1999 to current time have maintained 200mg of Amisulpride & increased to 300mg a few years ago, with 2 stopping attempts in 2001 & 2003/4. i stopped all medications 5 times, for around 8 years in total, but the last 3 withdrawal/stopping attempts were disastrous. Am very unsure about stopping medication again.

#254 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

For me this is a very important area of debate - i was forced sectioned / forced treated & forced psychiatric drugs 4 times. What do other people think about it all?

“Psychiatry Unlocked” Researchers Discuss Movements Against Involuntary Hospitalization

A Lancet editorial covers the growing movement aspiring to dismantle compulsory admission

https://www.madiname...ospitalization/

http://thelancet.com...0081-0/fulltext

Various psychiatric drug treatments since 1990. Prozac & Stelazine in 1994 for a few years. 1200mg Amisulpride in 1998 for a year. 1999 to current time have maintained 200mg of Amisulpride & increased to 300mg a few years ago, with 2 stopping attempts in 2001 & 2003/4. i stopped all medications 5 times, for around 8 years in total, but the last 3 withdrawal/stopping attempts were disastrous. Am very unsure about stopping medication again.

#255 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:59 AM

There seems to be a pretty unanimous current consensus within certain circles that 'business as usual' will give us about another 10 years, before potential catastrophic systemic ecosystem & civilisation collapse scenarios.

Published on 12 May 2009

We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth's climate.

#256 manymoretodays

manymoretodays

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationSouthwest.....Mountain time

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:43 AM

For me this is a very important area of debate - i was forced sectioned / forced treated & forced psychiatric drugs 4 times. What do other people think about it all?

“Psychiatry Unlocked” Researchers Discuss Movements Against Involuntary Hospitalization

A Lancet editorial covers the growing movement aspiring to dismantle compulsory admission

I am still digesting the whole of it............and will read and offer up something geared toward the solution once I settle, at least as far as what I can do.  Did you read some of the comments after the madinamerica article?  And woah.........  Thanks again cpuusage.  This is the kind of unsettling I can handle and am thankful for.  In anycase........I've got to get my printer up and running today me thinks.  -_-

Best,  mmt

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once?, Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= approx. 1200/day. Magnesium citrate orally,diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C and E.  B12, melatonin 3mcg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=300 mcg. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.

#257 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

I am still digesting the whole of it............and will read and offer up something geared toward the solution once I settle, at least as far as what I can do.  Did you read some of the comments after the madinamerica article?  And woah.........  Thanks again cpuusage.  This is the kind of unsettling I can handle and am thankful for.  In anycase........I've got to get my printer up and running today me thinks.  -_-

Best,  mmt

Hi. i think it's all dealing with such a massively complex subject & area.

i do think that there are varying degrees of biological etiology, But it's surely obvious biology is interdependent with psychology / environment, regardless of individual weightings.

For me it's a fundamental question as to what is defined as mental illness, & what the best ways are of approaching / addressing / treating it all.

On a broader level imo we should as a society be looking at things from a systemic / structural perspective, & personally from an integral / holistic perspective.

i don't deny that people suffer, Nor that there are what can be considered to be varying degrees of what can be considered to be mental illnesses; psychological / emotional distress, loss of functioning etc - But it's highly debatable within each individual case what is actually going on & what the best ways are of helping / support & healing the individual.

i'm Not however opposed to a more comprehensive psychiatry, potential wise use of medication(s), & judicious use of front end services, & even within a far more ideal / system i would still see a place for it all.

There is a lot of argument & polemics within all these areas. i think that society as a whole needs a very serious discussion around it all.

#258 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

ISEN Crisis Guide -

There is a growing international movement of those who see their mental health experiences primarily in terms of spiritual emergence / emergency / crisis.

There are National & International Spiritual Crisis groups. Among more recent projects are Shades of Awakening, Crazy Wise, Emerging Proud, am i bipolar or waking up, & many others.  

For those who see their experiences more in terms of spiritual crisis, there is this new free guide from ISEN - the International Spiritual Crisis Network -

http://www.spiritual...-emerge-crisis/

http://www.spiritual...twork.org/wiki/

The RCP (Royal College of Psychiatry) runs a psychiatry & spirituality special interest group, which is very popular & has some very interesting articles & publications -

http://www.rcpsych.a...irituality.aspx

Traditionally a lot of what now comes under the psychosis was often seen as Shamanic / Spiritual / Healing Crisis, & addressed as such. There are some good articles on the subject of traditional shamanism / healing here within the Sacred Text Archive -

http://sacred-texts.com/sha/index.htm

There is also a very comprehensive overview on the subject on Wikipedia, that covers the main area -

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Shamanism

#259 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

In 1942 the famous scientist Dr. Nikola Tesla said,

"If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."

“And what we’ve discovered at the core basis of the universe, the foundation of the universe, is a single unified field of intelligence; a field that unites gravity with electromagnetism, light with radioactivity, with the nuclear force. So that all the forces of nature and all the so-called particles of nature – quarks, leptons, protons, neutrons – are now understood to be one. They’re all just different ripples on a single ocean of existence that is the unified field… And that field is a non-material field. It is ultimately a field of consciousness and everything in the universe is nothing but that. Planets, trees, people, animals – we’re all just waves of vibration of this underlying, unified, superstring field…”

–John Hagelin, Particle Physicist

“A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a “mental” construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.”

– R.C. Henry, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Johns Hopkins University , “The Mental Universe”

http://www.collectiv...is-indeed-real/

#260 manymoretodays

manymoretodays

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationSouthwest.....Mountain time

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

Best,  mmt

Hi. i think it's all dealing with such a massively complex subject & area.

i do think that there are varying degrees of biological etiology, But it's surely obvious biology is interdependent with psychology / environment, regardless of individual weightings.

For me it's a fundamental question as to what is defined as mental illness, & what the best ways are of approaching / addressing / treating it all.

On a broader level imo we should as a society be looking at things from a systemic / structural perspective, & personally from an integral / holistic perspective.

i don't deny that people suffer, Nor that there are what can be considered to be varying degrees of what can be considered to be mental illnesses; psychological / emotional distress, loss of functioning etc - But it's highly debatable within each individual case what is actually going on & what the best ways are of helping / support & healing the individual.

i'm Not however opposed to a more comprehensive psychiatry, potential wise use of medication(s), & judicious use of front end services, & even within a far more ideal / system i would still see a place for it all.

There is a lot of argument & polemics within all these areas. i think that society as a whole needs a very serious discussion around it all.

There is......a whole lot of argument and polemics within these areas.  Definitely needs open discussion.  Serious discussion.  Like some kind of summit for positive change and stop the suffering, involving all.  I hope it's not just a pipedream or illusion that someday it may happen.  And honestly..........I do see improvements on a small scale once in awhile.  And hear you.

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once?, Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= approx. 1200/day. Magnesium citrate orally,diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C and E.  B12, melatonin 3mcg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=300 mcg. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.

#261 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

There is......a whole lot of argument and polemics within these areas.  Definitely needs open discussion.  Serious discussion.  Like some kind of summit for positive change and stop the suffering, involving all.  I hope it's not just a pipedream or illusion that someday it may happen.  And honestly..........I do see improvements on a small scale once in awhile.  And hear you.

imo, a majority, some 80% or more of what comes under first episode psychosis is primarily psychogenic; psychological / spiritual crisis, & best understood & approached as such, & when properly treated is fully resolvable / curable in the vast majority of cases, as is a vast majority of everything that comes under mental health.

How as a species we have arrived at & created in many ways such an insane, unhealthy & stupid civilisation / society is a bit beyond me, But the rot i think goes back very far & is very deep.

A genuinely civilised & advanced society / culture / civilisation / system wouldn't be like this one, & it wouldn't treat people the ways that we treat them. But this civilisation isn't civilised nor advanced.

Will we see a genuine transformation to a genuinely humane & civilised Global civilisation / system? i don't know? It remains to be seen. The rate we're going i'm highly doubtful.

#262 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

CONFIRMED: Labour will end Tory persecution of the sick, disabled and poor -

http://voxpoliticalo...abled-and-poor/

"The Labour Party manifesto, released today (May 16) has confirmed what we all saw in the leaked version last week – a bonfire of the cruel legislation that has led to the deaths of thousands upon thousands of vulnerable people.

But remember – this is only what Labour would do, if elected back into office on June 8.

With the mass media lining up to attack Labour over any slightest quibble, that will be hard to achieve.

So please make sure all 12 million sick and disabled people, and all of the unemployed and under-employed get to see this."

Labour’s full manifesto can be read here -

http://www.labour.or.../manifesto2017/

[Rest in Link]

#263 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

New UN Report: Steps Forward, But No End to Impunity

Good article exploring some of the more recent developments concerning some of the area that some people within mental health areas feel very strongly about concerning forced treatment & the rights of people diagnosed as suffering with mental illnesses.

https://www.madiname...nd-to-impunity/

By
Tina Minkowitz, Esq.
May 14, 2017    

https://www.madiname...hor/tminkowitz/

#264 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:54 AM

"Instead of feeling guilty, why don’t you look and see? Listen,
instead of feeling guilty and building something wrong inside of
you, why don’t you say, 'Now let’s see, I did this or I said that,
or I felt that inwardly. Now let’s see, is that something that
caused me to feel nervous, to feel unhappy?'

Ah, now the whole thing is different. In stead of going into guilt
and blaming yourself or someone else, you say, 'Ah, now I under-
stand what it means to live in self-defeating reactions in life.
I am the one who gets punished when I permit myself to be careless,
to be ignorant on how to behave on any level at all, whether it’s
the social level, spiritual level, personal level.'

When you can see self-defeating behavior as self-defeating, where
does guilt have any place in that? None at all. But we love to feel
guilty, falsely so, because it builds up attention to ourse lves. And
then we can do all sorts of other wrong things like pretending that
we’ve been forgiven for it simply because we go through some reli-
gious gesture of some kind. But the basic problem has stayed and what
we are trying to do is get rid of all actions inside ourselves that
cause us to react, not only with wrong guilt but anything else."

Questions and Answers 14

DVD # 18, talk 4  Blu-ray # 7, talk 4

#265 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

Not Broken Biology: Getting Beyond the Disease Model Paradigm of 'Mental Illness'

Very good overview of the emerging paradigm that moves beyond the biomedical Model -

http://peerlyhuman.b...ing-beyond.html

#266 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Daryl Bem Proved ESP Is Real
Which means science (materialism) is broken.

http://redux.slate.c...-is-broken.html

Will the growing evidence for the non-physical / ESP eventually overturn the current dominant materialist paradigm / belief system?

#267 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:54 AM

The First recordings of Ancient Non-Dual / Mystical Teachings -

i'm sure that the actual history of such practices & teachings also extends back considerably further into pre history, & into the orthodox historical view of the the Ancient Indus Valley & Ancient Heliopolitan Cultures, as well as the history of 70,000 years of the Shamanic.

http://onlinelibrary...7.tb00351.x/pdf

https://en.wikipedia...(ancient_Egypt)

The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, & Yajnavalkya -

https://en.wikipedia...nyaka_Upanishad

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Yajnavalkya

#268 cpuusage

cpuusage

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBournemouth UK

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Psychiatry Defends Its Antipsychotics: A Case Study of Institutional Corruption

MIA Report: Lieberman says critics of the drugs "create mischief for their own nefarious purposes."
By
Robert Whitaker -
May 21, 2017

https://www.madiname...nal-corruption/