Third Eye Chakra

Shanti

I feel that the Third Eye is especially knocked off kilter with the w/d symptoms. They say the Third Eye corresponds to the Pineal gland in the brain so I can see how this is so. This effects the dreams big time. Having way too intense and vivid dreams. They aren't always nightmares, but even the normal ones are just too creepy feeling. Sometimes I wake up feeling like I lived a whole lifetime in one night! Maybe my Third Eye is stuck wide open lol

Going with that, I think that I'll do things to close my Third Eye. Long ago a spiritual teacher told me not to eat chocolate as it puts a film over your Third Eye. So for three years I never ate a nibble of chocolate to have a good balanced Third Eye. Now I am craving chocolate and wonder if it's Divine Guidance to help cover my Third Eye while I'll sleep. Chocolate might be hard on some peoples system though. But I seem to be doing okay with supplements myself. I think I'll try chocolate before bed and see how that works ^_^

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I want to ask as well, is anyone dreaming of people that have passed away? I am dreaming of relatives and friends that have passed every night since withdrawals. Any idea what this means on a spiritual level? Could it be I'm on the astral and these people are there?

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Shanti,

You're freaking me out! ;-)

I've been dreaming about my 2 chocolate labs who died about 4 years ago (1 kidney failure, 1 diabetic complications). I miss them so much, it brings me to tears. This just started a few days ago for reasons unknown.

I've read a bit about pineal gland/serotonin and 3rd eye. I don't recall exactly what hit home, but I related strongly to something. (Possibly my intense need for sunshine)

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

Withdrawal syndrome can bring vivid dreams. The reason: My guess is you're not sleeping as deeply and waking up more often so you remember your dreams more.

Closing the third eye sounds like it might help!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Shanti,

You're freaking me out! ;-)

I've been dreaming about my 2 chocolate labs who died about 4 years ago (1 kidney failure, 1 diabetic complications). I miss them so much, it brings me to tears. This just started a few days ago for reasons unknown.

I've read a bit about pineal gland/serotonin and 3rd eye. I don't recall exactly what hit home, but I related strongly to something. (Possibly my intense need for sunshine)

Sorry lol. I, too am dreaming of pets that have passed. Maybe they are all trying to help me in spirit through this and that's why I'm seeing them.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Withdrawal syndrome can bring vivid dreams. The reason: My guess is you're not sleeping as deeply and waking up more often so you remember your dreams more.

Closing the third eye sounds like it might help!

That makes a lot of sense. Ty.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 3 months later...

Oh Tezza ~

I went thru a period that I dreamed of my 2 chocolate labs who passed away a few years ago ~i have no human kids and they were my children ~ those dreams brought so many emotions to the surface :-(

Edit: sorry I just realized I wrote that above

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I am constantly dreaming of people that have passed away. I had no idea this was related To WD.

Yes, it seems like it could be. I just posted in another topic about Stramonium, and how it stopped these kinds of dreams for me. I also burn a little piece of White Sage in my room before I sleep.

Third edit: I also put a dream catcher over my bed!

Edited by Shanti

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 1 month later...

I want to ask as well, is anyone dreaming of people that have passed away? I am dreaming of relatives and friends that have passed every night since withdrawals. Any idea what this means on a spiritual level? Could it be I'm on the astral and these people are there?

About dreaming of lost loved ones. I split with my long-term boyfriend and went onto prozac very quickly afterwards. During my time on ssri anti-depressants, I also lost my dear Mum. I noticed, looking back, I didn't grieve for the losses, neither those or other losses. Now I'm off the AD's, all that backed up grief is finally coming out, but for years I dreamed about my ex partner for years, every night, I still love hime even 13 years after the split, but the dreams have stopped. If you are still on ad's it could be they are stopping you grieve, if' you've come off them, the grief may be coming out finally. the think about ad's is they are an emotional anesthetic. YOu still go through life's losses & tribulations but the tablets stop your natural emotional response so you never deal with your losses, I dont' think so anyway....so you end up with a back-log or grief-debt which only cashes in when you come off the ssri's, then you have to go through all the grief you should have gone through at the time of the loss. The body & psyche remembers. It's part of accepting & coming to terms with the loss I belive and you HAVE to go through the black hole of tears & snot & wrung out pain...

does any of this strike a chord with anyone? or does it sound like BS?

OH YES - I'm not certain if there is a specific thread on this but I posted an article (news) called Depression's Upside by Jonah Lehrer--

The viewpoint from Evolutionary Psychiatry is very interesting --

A few people here on the forum have mentioned seeing the 9/11 video for the first time unmedicated and reacting as if it was just happening -

A different aspect of that anesthesia wearing off is that I'm facing all of the life issues that I didn't while on meds for 18 years-

Temperance, that totally strikes a chord with me. I believe that is the case for much of this. I'm not sure it explains all of it though. Well, actually, maybe it does. I was just thinking of how my grandma died 20 years before I was ever put on antidepressants so it's not like AD masked my grief. But then, maybe I did mask some grief on my own and then taking such a deep dive into the pits of my emotional cesspool due to w/d, it might have uncovered some of it and put it out there for me to face.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 2 weeks later...

Dream Catcher, Stramonium....I may have to try these.

I remember always having vivid dreams, but they worsened when I had a meltdown with anxiety/depression back in 1995. After that I was on AD's and dreams really became more vivid.

I have it all the time, and I They are not 'good/pleasant' dreams. They are disheartening or disturbing

"Withdrawal syndrome can bring vivid dreams. The reason: My guess is you're not sleeping as deeply and waking up more often so you remember your dreams more." Alto

There has got to be a Brain Chemistry reason....wish I could straighten this out. Maybe relaxation/meditation tapes would help. I think reading something pleasant may help.

I do notice that I have to be careful about what I watch on TV before bedtime....there is such junk on TV and alot of it is dsyfunctional/violent stuff.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

I have not resumed dreaming or remembering dreams. The drugs wiped that out for me almost completely. I did have very vivid, bad dreams when I tried Prometrium progesterone a few months ago. It was SCARY and put me into a bizarre depressive state. I think i only took 1 or 2 doses. It effected my sleep immediately. Powerful stuff. I've been afraid to try the low dose compounded progesterone I got after that. I'll definitely remove some of the powder to lower the dose more.

I had an Ayurvedic Abhyanga Massage last spring when I was experiencing withdrawal anxiety but didn't realize the cause. It was strange and very messy being drenched in hot oil, but extremely relaxing. I must have had a discount - don't recall paying that much.

Any thoughts on natural mineral springs 'rich in the mood stabilizer lithium...'? (The Grotto page in above link)

That's common in the area. I haven't had a problem although I'm a bit leery now. The water analysis doesn't show lithium percentage unless it's listed as something else (a salt).

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy