SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Self-reported SSRI/SNRI/TCA/MAOI withdrawal survey?!

Henosis

I'm a software developer by trade and a data nerd in general. I was wondering if anyone has (successfully) developed and reported on an anonymous survey to gather self-reported data in a semi-rigorous fashion. I would be looking to gather the following data (and any ideas members have) and share some interesting charts and tables.

- specific SSRI/SNRI/TCA/MAOI(s) taken

- total length of treatment

- dosage at cessation

- tapering schedule (or lack thereof)

- tapering symptoms

- withdrawal symptoms onset

- specific withdrawal symptoms and severity

- reinstatement attempts and outcome of such

- severity and symptomology of withdrawal at various durations post-cessation

- specific SNP data for those who have submitted to genetic testing, focusing on receptor density, serotonin transporter genes, etc.

- attempted use of pharmaceuticals or supplements to relieve symptoms and success there of

I have to imagine this has been done but I haven't seen data anywhere, nor have I seen anything interesting coming from official academic sources other than a handful of highly generalized "SSRI X seemed to be associated with more discontinuation symptoms than SSRI Y"

Ideas? Suggestions?

Medication before problems: Took Paxil 60-100mg from 2003 to 2014 for OCD.
1) Last pill taken November 2014, horrendous withdrawal started six weeks later.

2) Re-instated successfully @ 20mg May 2015, but accompanied by severe anhedonia, loss of emotion, apathy, and fatigue

3) Switched to Prozac, Viibyrd, Zoloft, Nefazadone, Cymbalta, Nardil in attempt at abating WD symptoms while not re-introducing anhedonia. Each one either failed to relieve WD or brought back anhedonia. So re-stabilized on Paxil at 15mg

4) Tapered down to 7.5mg as of October 2016. More energy, anhedonia/loss of emotions remains apart from short windows.

5) May 2017 - down to 3.5mg of Paxil (no other meds)
6) Early 2018 - added 8mg of Prozac
7) January 2019 - down to 1.05 Paxil / 5mg Prozac and continuing

8) October 2019 - down to 0.2mg Paxil / 3mg Prozac

9) November 2019 - down to 0.1mg Paxil / 3mg Prozac 

10) March 2020 - done with Paxil, 2.5mg Prozac

11) April 2021 - 0.03mg Prozac

• 1 month later...

BTW, I was a software developer; and I am a data nerd, and I like OpenRefine and AntConc.

BTW, today I tried searching this site http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums , Find words: data , Only search in titles ... the search returned 8 results.

2010  tapered venlafaxine from 225 milligrams to 150 milligrams

2011  tapered mirtazapine from 30 milligrams to 15 milligrams

October 2016: started my second attempt to taper 15 milligrams of mirtazapine

2016-10-15 100%

2016-11-15 90%