Eleven10

Eleven10: 30 months off Prozac

199 posts in this topic

Hello Eleven10

I hope you are feeling  a little better tonight.  Perhaps the time has come for you to seek professional guidance, even if the system for psychiatric issues is flawed, it may help.

It would be lovely if, one day in the near future, you could feel a little better and start to enjoy the gift of life.

Let me, and everyone else following your post, know how you are over the next few days, and what you are thinking.  I don't know where you are geographically, but here in the UK we have the Samaritans.

Joy

Thanks.

i think I'm going to try trazadone or Prozac again at a low dose. I can't carry on like this. I'm in hell and what's worse is when I sleep, last night I slept for 8 hrs straight through which I extremely rarely do. Today I feel despair, My mood and physical symptoms are worse and I feel so angry and irritable, I couldn't find my shoes today and I got so angry and upset i started kicking the cupboard door in a frenzy until I collapsed in tears, ( I was alone) I had planned to leave the house to walk around the block but after that was too upset and exhausted to do anything. The tiniest thing is overwhelming and exhausting and leaves me wishing It will all just end. 

I know withdrawal can cause these issues but knowing this doesn't help me at all Iv Been like this for going on 4 years and nothing has changed 

It seems like you are making decisions which is good.  Tell your doctor it exactly as it is especially all your fears surrounding meds.  I hope next time you post it will be to say you have a new plan.  It can be difficult to find things when life is feeling difficult - it makes everything chaotic.  I know - I have been like that at times.  Sometimes it is hard to be organised.  Take care and let us know how you get on.

43 minutes ago, Eleven10 said:

i think I'm going to try trazadone or Prozac again at a low dose.

If you can tolerate Prozac, it is a much better choice to reinstate than trazodone which interacts with many other medications.

For quick reference: About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms.  The first post is the most important one to read. If you've got the time and ability to focus to read the entire first page, please do that. :)

Thank you both. 

I cry when people are so understanding and kind. I know that sounds a bit pathetic.

will try and read the link. 

I hope after so long my brain is not too upset by the reintroduction on Prozac. 

If you're going to reinstate, start with a very low dose, 0.5 mg or 1 mg.  Post any questions you have about this.  We'll do our best to get you information to help you make a decision.

I have asked my dr for liquid Prozac and she has agreed, I'm going to start with 1mg. 

I have tried to do a sleep diary and have noticed a definite pattern between dreaming and depression. When I wake early and can't get back to sleep I'm exhausted but not as depressed, if I sleep until later it's all dream sleep and the depression is deep suidical and hopeless. I'm hoping Prozac stops me dreaming like it did before but doesn't make me more agitated than I am, agitation is the thing I fear the most. 

Hey Eleven10,

I have noticed the same thing at times about the less sleep better mood thing and it's maddening.  my dreams for the past few years have mostly been pretty horrible.  I kept  having 4-5 hours (now it's often closer to 2 hours) of fragmented sleep, with the vivid, depressed, 2 dimensional dreams, that are often nightmarish.  a lot of times if I sleep less, my mood is better, but I can hardly function or do anything.    afternoon naps (a rare occurrence these days, no matter how exhausted I am) are usually bad news.   naps leave me feeling weak and depressed.  I used to occasionally have naps back in normal life that I felt groggy and thick headed after taking, but could shake them off after a couple hours.  now, with my body so weakened from all this sleep deprivation, these crappy naps really suck and I usually feel so much worse after taking one.  I had the same depressed dreams for sleep back in 2005 after withdrawing from Zoloft an zyprexa for a year, and had reinstated after being off the drugs for a year and had gotten my closer to normal dreams back, but had also developed hypersomnia (sleeping all day) later on, but now after doing this for 3+ years my body feels wasted and I feel less and less like myself with each passing day as my soul seem to be getting sucked out of me and my happiness and health go away, but who knows, maybe something can change.  (a common mantra of mine on the downward spiral tour)

I hope something changes for the better for you soon.

poetjester

1 mg Prozac - let us all know how it goes, especially the sleeping, mood and agitation.  I really hope you feel a little better soon.

Joy

Hi Eleven10

Have you started your very small dose of Prozac yet?  Wishing you well

Joy

Hi. Yes have been taking it a week, felt no difference at all, should I move to 2mg? 

I was was supposed to be going on holiday next week but I'm just too unwell and has caused a lot of stress for who I was going with, we were going to book something last minute but I can't go. Iv been away once in withdrawal and it was horrible, I couldn't sleep at all, was too unwell and revved to do anything but too agitated and depressed to stay in the hotel. It was a horrible experience but that was 3 years ago and I thought I would be ok this time but in reality nothing has changed in 3 years in fact I'm more unwell. I'm so depressed as I feel so guilty and angry I'm like this. I hate upsetting others but I can't go a week without any sleep in a unknown place. 

I really feel life is not worth living lately and iv not read a reinstatement story that has worked so feeling even worse 

* a reinstatement that has worked 3 and half years out I meant 

It is good that it hasn't made you more wired?  It has only been a week.  Perhaps one of the moderators could suggest something.  Perhaps you do need to go to 2 mg.  They always say to do things slowly though so as not to destabilise your CNS.  Perhaps try going to 2 mg and then holding it for several weeks.  I suppose it always takes a long while to get the drugs into your system, so it is still early days.

If you were to ask a doctor they would ask you to up the dose to about 5 mg or even 10 mg, but that, from what I am reading on this site would be too quick and drastic.

I am sorry you have had to abandon holiday plans, but holidays are always additional stress anyway.  If your reinstatement works out perhaps you can still go a few months further down the line.

Don't give up hope of an improvement.  I am sure plenty of people will have withdrawn from Prozac and gone back on a few years later.  A week is nothing in terms of psychiatric meds.  They are not like taking an aspirin.

Let's us all know what you decide to do, a better future could be just a few weeks away.  Joy

Since 1 mg didn't make you in any way worse (which was your major concern) I would up to 2 mg just as Joy explains. And reassess after a week.

It's like trying to assess how deep the barrel is as Alto once said. We don't want to flood it with too much water but carefully explore how much it can fit. 

Thank you.

i did have a major panic yesterday as I thought what the f@"k am I doing! This stuff literally almost killed me why am I taking it again and also dr Healy said to me that I was so sensitive to withdrawal from ssris I would do well to avoid them forever but I can't carry on like this I'm so ill and depressed and anxious to a point my life has very little quality but my nervous system is still fried, I cannot handle stress in any form. For example I don't drive much anymore but recently I took my daughter to her friends house for a sleepover, on the way back  a car pulled out on my causing me to swerve and break hard in normal circumstances I would have been shuck up a little but carried on but this time my whole body was shaking I couldn't speak or move or walk for ten minutes I had to sit at the side of the road and wait for my dad to come get me, thankfully it was after I had dropped my daughter so she wasn't upset but for the whole day I was totally incapacitated. Iv been like this for too long I need some improvement even 10% would spur me on. I'm going to go to 2mg 

Let us know how you get on with the 2 mg - it may not have an immediate effect it will need to build up  - wishin you the best possible outcome

Joy

Iv been on 2mg for a few days and last night I had the 'brain boil' iv not had in a year or so. Could be coincidence but I don't know. Today I'm totaally incapacitated and too dizzy to walk from one room to another. 

I just do t know what to do as could be coincidence. 

Im not reinstating for any other reason than the soul destroying depression, all the neurological things I feel would go away in 6 or 7 years like they have for others but this depression and totally inability to enjoy anything is beyond words. 

Not it sure if to tough it out and stay at 2mg which is half a mil if Iv worked it out properly 

1 hour ago, Eleven10 said:

Iv been on 2mg for a few days and last night I had the 'brain boil' iv not had in a year or so. Could be coincidence but I don't know. Today I'm totaally incapacitated and too dizzy to walk from one room to another. 

I just do t know what to do as could be coincidence. 

Im not reinstating for any other reason than the soul destroying depression, all the neurological things I feel would go away in 6 or 7 years like they have for others but this depression and totally inability to enjoy anything is beyond words. 

Not it sure if to tough it out and stay at 2mg which is half a mil if Iv worked it out properly 

Hi Eleven10

So sorry you are feeling like this as well as the depression. I am struggling with these symptoms too so can sympathise.

It sounds like it is the increased dose just getting into your system. Hopefully a mod will be able to advise you what to do soon.

Flowers xxx 

I am with Flowers on this.  It could be a good sign - that it is starting to take effect.

When my daughter started on sertraline she was told she would feel worse before she would feel better.

Perhaps you can stick with it and see where you are in 4 weeks time.

The antidepressant will have to have a chance to work

Joy