Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915: 3 months off lexapro does it get better?

482 posts in this topic

Hi manymoredays - thank you for stopping by and for posting an encouraging post on my thread.  It is inspiring to know that it got better for you so perhaps I will be fine too.  I also love water,  it is soothing and relaxing...  I did take epsom salt baths in the winter,  now I am just too hot.  To be honest do not remember if it was helping or not.  

I do have a few vacation days and I am trying to save them for just in case.  I also plan on taking random days here and there for resting when fatigue becomes too much (like today).  As far as family and friends.  I do not have a big family.  I do have a few friends but I cannot open up to them I did open up to my best friend she was understanding but when we talk I do not want our conversation being depressing and me complaining about my problems as I do not want to lose her as a friend.  Plus my friends do not see me as struggling.  I appear pretty normal and functional and pretty outgoing in real life.  So I am not sure.  

I am praying for the best.  Yesterday was an okay day. I had an event to go to.  I did go even though it was crowded and I had pretty bad dizziness.  My fatigue seemed better.  I even worked out - 2.5 mile walk and 20 mins yoga and some arm work out via vacuuming carpets.  And today I crashed.  Getting all the rest I can for this coming week 

xoxo,

B.

hi Blondie, just stopping by to say hello and to see how you are doing.

I hope you can take advantage of those random days off, think of them as random acts of kindness toward yourself!

you deserve them!

<3

Hi Blondie, 

It's definitely a  sharing with in-person friends and have them understand WD. It's one of those things you really can't understand unless you've been through it (or very close to someone who's been through it). I despaired of this before finding SA, and now it really means a lot to have you guys.

When we feel good we sometimes run around and do everything -- then maybe end up overdoing things and crashing. I can certainly relate! In my window a week ago I was doing sooooo much, then came back home and went to bed at 8:30 because I was wiped out. And came home to a message from Brassmonkey reminding me that a window can cause an almost hypo-manic state where we might overdo it and crash!

Someone I know "in real life" shared the idea of spoon theory with me, which pertains here. The theory pertains to chronic illness or disability but is definitely relatable to WD. The idea is that you have a certain number of spoons each day, which represent your energy level. Different activities use up different amounts of spoons. For some, they may have 16 spoons and taking care of basic self-care takes 6 spoons. So the idea is how can you be as engaged as possible in your life, without using up all your spoons by 2 pm.? 

I would make an addendum that as we progress through WD, we gain more spoons. So the number of spoons you have right now might feel very limiting, but you will likely gain more spoons in the future. 

https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

I'm off to rest in the hammock to accrue more spoons! Hugs and hang in there, sweetie! <3 

1 hour ago, Blondiee1915 said:

Hi manymoredays - thank you for stopping by and for posting an encouraging post on my thread.  It is inspiring to know that it got better for you so perhaps I will be fine too.  I also love water,  it is soothing and relaxing...  I did take epsom salt baths in the winter,  now I am just too hot.  To be honest do not remember if it was helping or not.  

I do have a few vacation days and I am trying to save them for just in case.  I also plan on taking random days here and there for resting when fatigue becomes too much (like today).  As far as family and friends.  I do not have a big family.  I do have a few friends but I cannot open up to them I did open up to my best friend she was understanding but when we talk I do not want our conversation being depressing and me complaining about my problems as I do not want to lose her as a friend.  Plus my friends do not see me as struggling.  I appear pretty normal and functional and pretty outgoing in real life.  So I am not sure.  

I am praying for the best.  Yesterday was an okay day. I had an event to go to.  I did go even though it was crowded and I had pretty bad dizziness.  My fatigue seemed better.  I even worked out - 2.5 mile walk and 20 mins yoga and some arm work out via vacuuming carpets.  And today I crashed.  Getting all the rest I can for this coming week 

xoxo,

B.

Yah.......could be hormonal fluctuations too......some of the decreasing heat tolerance.  Lukewarm baths anyone?

Allow yourself to diverge from who you think you should be for everyone else.......or consider it.........Idk, that helped me alot.  I mean as long as you know it is temporary.......and it is.  Your friend may understand if you explain it to her.......may not either.........maybe give her the option.  None of us are all fun, all the time.  Try some of Brene Browns stuff on youtube about vulnerability and radical acceptance.  She has books too.  Another one of my many helpers in this journey.......and there are many........

I really admire your working on through this......I mean actually working for money and most likely doing a decent job of it.  Enjoy todays crash too.

You are doing it and getting there and wow.........

Love, hugs, peace,

mmt

HappytoHeal - thank you for stopping by, I am trying to be gentle on myself and not guilt myself into not doing anything except laying in bed today.  But it is hard.  I am praying it will get better.  Hope you are doing okay <3 

SkyBlue - spoon theory sounds interesting, and makes perfect sense actually.  I have to remember that next time I have more energy and not overdue it.  Hammock sounds so nice and relaxing.  Enjoy!

mmt - working is truly a challenge, sometimes I dont even know how I do it.  But I honestly feel like I have no options.  I am praying I am truly healing and getting better.  

Gave myself all the rest today.  Hopefully will be good to go tomorrow, with this WD you just never know. 

Yours, B 

Blondiee:

Just wanted to stop by and say I hope you are feeling better.

Hopefully, you'll get some rest this weekend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Frogie - thank you for stopping by and checking in.  I am doing so so .  Fatigue is crushing and making it difficult to function .  

Sorry for not positive updates 

i did receive my blood work results and I tested 2000 in vitamin b13 so I decided to take a break as this is way out of range 

hope you are doing well 

Hi Blondiee:

Hopefully cutting off the vitamin b will give you more energy. They say not enough, no energy. Maybe you are the opposite. Wouldn't that be nice.

I'm really tired, but I haven't stopped since Memorial Day weekend. It's been one thing after another. And a taper in between, but no nausea thanks to Apace41 (Andy). He has really helped me a lot.

Hopefully you can get some rest this weekend.   :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi Blondiee,

Sorry to hear that you are still struggling with so much fatigue. I know it can be immensely difficult to keep going when your body feels like it just wants to shut down.

Glad to hear that you decided to forgo the med that your doctor was offering for the tiredness. Sounds like it might have had some pretty nasty side effects. I've discovered that the better a drug company tries to make it's poison sound, the more dangerous it is. Although I do understand what it's like to feel desperate and willing to swallow almost anything for a bit of relief. Good on you for resisting that temptation.

I've been feeling pretty discouraged myself lately. Ready to give up entirely. If only I knew what that meant.... But we don't give up do we? Everyday we keep putting one foot in front of the other - keeping an eye out for those fleeting signs of healing that we know are there.

Peace and rest be with you, Blondiee. You are not alone.

10 minutes ago, PatriciaVP said:

I've been feeling pretty discouraged myself lately. Ready to give up entirely. If only I knew what that meant.... But we don't give up do we? Everyday we keep putting one foot in front of the other - keeping an eye out for those fleeting signs of healing that we know are there.

PatriciaVP, 

You hit the nail on the head!  What does it mean to give up entirely?  If there was a sure-fire solution, many would probably go for it, but the uncertainty of any option leaves you in the dreaded "limbo" we are in.  I have ZERO desire to be on antidepressants or other psych meds but if someone could GUARANTEE me I'd feel "normal" (whatever that is) it would surely be tempting.  Of course, there are no guarantees so soldiering on and trying to remain optimistic to the extent possible is the best choice I suppose.

Best,

Andy

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, ShakeyJerr said:

I have been using the adrenal fatigue cocktail when I wake up in the morning (the 5am wake up, not the 3am wake up).

4 oz. orange juice

1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar

1/2 teaspoon of sea salt

Some people do it before bed. I have not tried that yet, but I think I will give it a go Friday night (I like to start new things on Friday night or Saturday morning just in case I have a bad reaction to them; gives me the weekend to adjust/recover).

SJ

MODERATOR’S NOTE REGARDING THE “ADRENAL COCKTAIL” FOR THOSE WITH HEALTH ISSUES:

If you are healthy, cream of tartar (aka potassium tartarate) at 1 tsp/day total = 500mg (1/2 tsp 2x/day) with OJ should provide no harm at all. Daily amount needed 3400mg.
Those suffering from Addison’s disease, diabetes, acute renal failure, are on dialysis, or for those undergoing treatments that prevent the excretion of potassium from the body through urine should not use cream of tartar.  If you suffer from any cardiac, kidney, or electrolyte issues, or suffer from severe low blood pressure, or multiple health conditions you are medicated for, you should consult with your doctor/HCP before adding extra potassium bitartrate to your daily diet. When speaking to your HCP, please give both names: cream of tartar, & potassium bitartrate.

It has been a while and I decided to post an update on what is going on with me .  My fatigue was getting the best out of me and it felt as it was not getting any better 8 months after reinstating and 6 months after switching to Luvox .  I know the best thing to do is do nothing and maybe 6 months time frame does not seem that long of a time but being exhausted constantly made me pretty desperate for solution .  I thought that perhaps I need to remove Luvox completely and bridge to something else .  Which is what I am trying to do now .  I am sorry friends for dissapointing you all but I just could not handle this fatigue any longer .  

I decreased luvox from 35 mg to 30 mg (started in the beginning of June every few weeks).  Each time I dropped a dose I got bad tinnitus as well as other familiar symptoms .  At the same time I cross tapered to nortryptoline TCA started at 2 mg on June 9 and now at 8 mg liquid.  I have tried this medication in the past and tolerated it okay thus the decision .  I also want to stay far away from SSRI as possible and I am hopeful with introduction of nortryptoline I can withdraw Luvox quicker and just stay on nortryptoline until I am ready to withdraw that .  I also struggle with severe dizziness and after doing some research on nortryptoline it appeared that it helped some individuals with that (my wishful thinking) 

Things are overall okayish.  I do experience nortryptoline side effects such as dry mouth and constipation (TMI) and when I sleep sometimes I feel my heart beating weirdly (maybe it is anxiety).  I am sleeping okay and I do not have pm anxiety as I did before where I would lay in bed and contemplate and worry about making it at work, so I do think nortryptoline helped me with that .  As far as dizziness that did not lift.  The fatigue is still pretty apparent .  Last week I did have a few days in the beginning of the week where I felt not as fatigued for which I am thankful.  My DP DR is still bad and I just try to breathe and take it a day at a time .  Dizziness and disbalance are pretty annoying too .  Tinnitus and the feeling of my ears full is there as well and I hope it will go away soon .  

I do wish I have found this site prior to quiting last year CT.  I also have a lot of what ifs in my head (what if I stayed strong and did not reinstate) but I cannot drive myself crazy and just have to focus on the present and hope for the best .  

I will update my signature later as I am trying from a phone .  For now I will continue to withdraw Luvox and stay on nortryptoline and hopefully stabilizing .  

I truly hope one day I can be me again ❤️

Hi Blondiee:

I think everyone on the forum wants to see you feel better. At least I do.

You didn't fail anyone, especially yourself. You gave it your best. I don't think I could have done it as long as you. You are incredible!

I really hope this new med will help. Get off the other and stay on it for a long time. 

You will be you again. That's what I keep telling myself. Maybe it will help if we tell each other.

I've had some nausea last week a couple days, and yesterday. But I had dental work done, and I think it was nerves. Novacain always makes me sick even when I wasn't on this horrible Lexapro. Now today, I'm feeling really bloated and not hungry at all.

Keep your chin up. You're doing great. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

as Frogie said, you didn't disappoint anyone.

You need to do what is right for YOU, that's the most important thing.

I hope this change helps you and that you are feeling more and more like yourself every day.

It already sounds like it may be a good switch for you.

I don't know how you've managed as long as you have, you've had the dizziness and fatigue for so long. You're doing great, you should feel good about how well you've done, keeping a job thru all this and keeping it together

I think most of us wish we'd found this site sooner!! but we can only go forward from where we are now.