If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

Blondiee1915: 3 months off lexapro does it get better?

Lexapro anxiety fatigue escitalopram

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#433 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hi guys, thank you for your kind words and support.  I appreciate it very much.  <3

SkyBlue - you are too funny.  Rockstar lolll 

Resting this weekend did me good (I think).  Today is rainy and gloomy but I feel like I have a bit more energy than I did this weekend.  I was up and ready had a doctor appt in the am.  Then, took my dad's car for emission test.  Then, went to a store to do a few returns.  Then, went to supermarket to get some groceries. Running around all day. Now I am cleaning out my closet and organizing.  Go figure.  Does not make sense - this weekend was sunny and warm and I was super fatigued, and today it is freezing and raining and I am slightly better..... This is how I know this is not an adrenal disorder but WD.   I am still tired but I do not have this super heavy feeling like I need to lay in bed and rest.  I think for me when I have a stressful situation, I end up paying for it the next few days where I need to regain my strength.   I still do not feel my fatigue lifted any time of the day, but I am appreciative that I was able to get out today and do things today even not feeling great.  Note to myself - do not overdo it and listen to your body.  I accepted I do not run on the same mode as the rest of the people not in WD and that is okay because I will be there one day.  And I truly think I will be even better.  This process makes me appreciate such small things - like going to a supermarket and cleaning my closet (well closet cleaning is not too fun ) 

So at my doctor's appointment we went over my results from the adrenal test (this is 4 times a day saliva test).  It looks like I am in range but on the low end which explains my fatigue.  I am happy with the results as I was expecting the worse just by the way I feel.  I read Alto's post how these sort of tests cannot be reliable during WD (if I am not mistaken) so I take it with the grain of salt, but I am glad it did not show anything drastic.  Also, I read the below post 

"  As opposed to adrenal fatigue, elevated cortisol in withdrawal syndrome keeps you going even though you're dead tired. People also report a surprisingly low incidence of colds and flu"  This actually makes sense to me.  I rarely get a cold or a flu.  I never even got a flu shot.  People at work would be sick and all that but I am okay.  Which always seemed strange to me as I feel extremely tired so my immune system should be weak thus I should be getting colds and a flu, but that is not the case.  Basically what I am saying is that I am more convinced that my fatigue is directly correlated with being on lexapro and now being in WD.   Sorry for the word salad.  

At my doctor's we talked about my diet.  And how changing some of the stuff I eat can make a difference.  She recommended eating every few hours.  Making sure I eat enough protein and healthy fats.  She did say I do not have to eliminate all the carbs which is great because I was under impression I need to eat no carbs period.  She suggested if for instance I get a burger I get a salad instead of fries and only eat half a bun.  She also ordered a test to see if I am anemic.  Also, cutting on sugars.  And if I want something sweet I can do a fruit or dark chocolate and some peanuts/almonds.  

I am thankful for today.  I am strong and I can get through this.  I am thankful for this community.  My virtual support is everything <333333

Yours B 

• Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop.  Most lasted 3 months, was forced to reinstate due to severe symptoms 
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other medications: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil (each med about 2-4 months).  
  • MOI Nardil  2014 - 2015
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 

Started to withdraw from Vibryiid around mid -June'16 with last dose in in July. Felt pretty good for the whole summer. Some anxiety, dizziness, short fuse, some weakness but okay overall. Comes October - dizziness, spinning, off balance feeling, FATIGUE, anxiety, fear, racing thoughts, insomnia, DP/DR

Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, then increased to 5 mg  Some relief, sleep better, severe DP/DR decreased.  Still very anxious, exhausted, dizzy. 

Switched 12/26/16 Luvox 50 mg (25 mg am and 25 mg pm).  Dizziness, exhaustion, anxiety, DP/DR

1/13/17 switched to one dose of Luvox 50 mg before bed.  EXHAUSTED, dizzy, weakness, off balance, anxiety, DP/DR

1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM.  Main symptoms: FATIGUE, dizziness, DP/DR, anxiety 

Supplements: iron, fish oil, vitamin D, methyl folate, Mitochondiral NRG (for fatigue)

#434 Alice1

Alice1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Locationcincinnati

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

Way to go Blondiee.
You're gonna be fine. We are gonna be fine. Everybody will be just fine.
I went on a no carb diet virtually overnight. Big big mistake. I got sooooo sick. Went back to eating carbs and eating healthy at the same time. If that makes sense :-/

Ummm. How do you eat a burger with half a bun ? :-/
December 2014 - Lexapro 20 mg
August 2016 Med free (6 week taper)

#435 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

Hi Alice ! Hope you are okay . That is a drastic change to go to no carbs at all . You will just take a top bun off and eat it like that . She said that since my weight is not an issue (I'm like 115 now ) I should be consuming carbs too bc if I don't I can get sick . Just not a lot of carbs so if I do eggs in a morning do a whole wheat toast with that . That actually made sense to me . So hopefully I can implement these changes . I also think WD messes up with blood sugar . So I am going to try snacking every few hours to see if that helps .
  • Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop.  Most lasted 3 months, was forced to reinstate due to severe symptoms 
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other medications: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil (each med about 2-4 months).  
  • MOI Nardil  2014 - 2015
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 

Started to withdraw from Vibryiid around mid -June'16 with last dose in in July. Felt pretty good for the whole summer. Some anxiety, dizziness, short fuse, some weakness but okay overall. Comes October - dizziness, spinning, off balance feeling, FATIGUE, anxiety, fear, racing thoughts, insomnia, DP/DR

Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, then increased to 5 mg  Some relief, sleep better, severe DP/DR decreased.  Still very anxious, exhausted, dizzy. 

Switched 12/26/16 Luvox 50 mg (25 mg am and 25 mg pm).  Dizziness, exhaustion, anxiety, DP/DR

1/13/17 switched to one dose of Luvox 50 mg before bed.  EXHAUSTED, dizzy, weakness, off balance, anxiety, DP/DR

1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM.  Main symptoms: FATIGUE, dizziness, DP/DR, anxiety 

Supplements: iron, fish oil, vitamin D, methyl folate, Mitochondiral NRG (for fatigue)

#436 SkyBlue

SkyBlue

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, U.S.

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

Hi guys, thank you for your kind words and support.  I appreciate it very much.  <3

SkyBlue - you are too funny.  Rockstar lolll 

I still do not feel my fatigue lifted any time of the day, but I am appreciative that I was able to get out today and do things today even not feeling great.  Note to myself - do not overdo it and listen to your body.  I accepted I do not run on the same mode as the rest of the people not in WD and that is okay because I will be there one day.  And I truly think I will be even better.  This process makes me appreciate such small things - like going to a supermarket and cleaning my closet (well closet cleaning is not too fun )

:) A great attitude! 

Soooo important to listen to our bodies. I rarely did before any of this. <3

Long story short: After 18 years on Paxil, "tapered" in July 2015 from 20 to 10 to 5 mg in a month, at doctor's advice. = Essentially a cold-turkey.

*Current*: March: 0.82 mg Paxil. Jan 1:  .88 mg, baby!! …. August 31: Less than 1mg Paxil! ... July 30: 1 mg Paxil! ! ! And 100 mg Zoloft unfortunately!!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Paxil since 1996--anxiety & depression likely caused by (then-undiagnosed) under-eating / eating disorder. 

Rapid "taper" July 2015 and started Zoloft as a "cross-taper". Feb 2016: Found SA!! As of June 2016: Doing 2% cuts (Brassmonkey Slide!). 

Now: fish oil, magnesium; protein; exercise; healthy fats; acupuncture, meditation, & a new doctor.  I am in recovery from an eating disorder!!!  ***Have you had a sleep study?***    *Feel free to message me if I don't respond to a forum thread.* 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lexapro, anxiety, fatigue, escitalopram