If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

Blondiee1915: 3 months off lexapro does it get better ?

Lexapro anxiety fatigue escitalopram

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#289 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

Blondie, what time of day do you take Luvox? If in the morning, you might want to take it in the evening, you might be less fatigued during the day. To do this, move it an hour or two later each day.

It sounds to me like you have fatigue as a side effect of the drug. You said earlier you've had it ever since you started SSRIs.

Do you get at least a half-hour gentle exercise each day? That's important, too.

The MTHFR mutation probably isn't relevant. You can remedy low folate by eating a lot of fresh leafy green vegetables.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#290 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

Blondie, what time of day do you take Luvox? If in the morning, you might want to take it in the evening, you might be less fatigued during the day. To do this, move it an hour or two later each day.

It sounds to me like you have fatigue as a side effect of the drug. You said earlier you've had it ever since you started SSRIs.

Do you get at least a half-hour gentle exercise each day? That's important, too.

The MTHFR mutation probably isn't relevant. You can remedy low folate by eating a lot of fresh leafy green vegetables.

Hi Altostrata,

I switched a while ago to pm dose, but I still get fatigued. I do agree it is definitely drug induced. I think I do see a slight improvement in fatigue so that is a plus. For the gene mutation I take folic acid (methyl folate) I should be okay in that region. And I just started getting 30 mins a day of walk / light running. It actually helps me to fall asleep very quickly. It has been a month now on 37.5 mg . I think I am going to hold on for a bit longer and then start tapering .

Ty again for your suggestion

B

Edited by ChessieCat, 25 February 2017 - 02:26 PM.
corrected auto-correct error

Lexapro 20 mg since 2007 until 2013 with various attempts to stop.  Most lasted 3 months, was forced to reinstate due to severe symptoms 

During 2013 found a new dr and started trying other medications:  Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil (each med about 2-4 months).  

MOI Nardil (about 1 year 2014-2015) which did help with anxiety, but caused ALOT of weight and had a food reaction that sent me to ER.  

Lexapro 10 mg 2015 -2016, few months 15 mg

Vibryiid 05/16-06/16 10-15 mg 

Started to withdraw from Vibryiid around mid June with last dose in early July 16.  Felt pretty good for the whole summer. Some anxiety, dizziness, short fuse, some weakness but okay overall. Comes October - dizziness, spinning, off balance feeling, FATIGUE, anxiety, fear, racing thoughts, insomnia, DP/DR

Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro.  Some relief, sleep better, severe DP/DR decreased.  Still very anxious, exhausted, dizzy. 

Switched 12/26/16 Luvox 50 mg (25 mg am and 25 mg pm).  Dizziness, exhaustion, anxiety, sleeping ALOT 

1/13/17 switched to one dose of Luvox 50 mg before bed.  EXHAUSTED, sleeping ALOT, dizzy, weakness, off balance, anxiety 

1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg before bed

Supplements: iron, fish oil, vitamin D, methyl folate

#291 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

Hi Blondiee, thank you very much for sharing your switching experience in my thread! It helps a lot!
I'm guessing for meds made in the form of beads, it's the total weight for each capsule they measure, not the number of beads. I would think its quite difficult to have all beads web weight exactly the same.
This makes it challenging for those who taper by counting beads. Giving that you current dose is still at the high side, about 1/3 of the whole capsule, the error rate will be very small even the beads are not consistent.
I think what you did is the correct way, relying on the total number of beads in each capsule, the take the percentage based on total weight then translate it into number of beads.
I'm sorry you have to deal with this hassle everyday. Be very careful though, you may want to write out every step of the math to make sure.
Hope your day is ok.
Lex

Hi Lex -

Thank you for your feedback. It is annoying to count the beads but whatever I have to do to get off this med and get my old self back (I am thinking I would even be a better version of my old self after going through all this ) . I have a running excel spreadsheet with dates bead count and percentage dose ;)

Hope you are doing okay and getting some windows. thinning of you as I know how difficult it is to make a decision about switching . Hang in there it will be okay

Lexapro 20 mg since 2007 until 2013 with various attempts to stop.  Most lasted 3 months, was forced to reinstate due to severe symptoms 

During 2013 found a new dr and started trying other medications:  Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil (each med about 2-4 months).  

MOI Nardil (about 1 year 2014-2015) which did help with anxiety, but caused ALOT of weight and had a food reaction that sent me to ER.  

Started to withdraw from Vibryiid around mid June with last dose in early July 16.  Felt pretty good for the whole summer. Some anxiety, dizziness, short fuse, some weakness but okay overall. Comes October - dizziness, spinning, off balance feeling, FATIGUE, anxiety, fear, racing thoughts, insomnia, DP/DR

Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro.  Some relief, sleep better, severe DP/DR decreased.  Still very anxious, exhausted, dizzy. 

Switched 12/26/16 Luvox 50 mg (25 mg am and 25 mg pm).  Dizziness, exhaustion, anxiety, sleeping ALOT 

1/13/17 switched to one dose of Luvox 50 mg before bed.  EXHAUSTED, sleeping ALOT, dizzy, weakness, off balance, anxiety 

#292 scallywag

scallywag

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,846 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

If you want to impress yourself, figure out how many beads you have already counted. Since last April, I've counted almost 34,000 of the little suckers.  The thought of that then would have sent me to bed with the covers over my head. Now I'm kind of proud of it. :D

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results
Cymbalta (brand name), 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 20 mg to 7 mg in 2016, taper details in this post;
2017: 6.3 (58 beads) Feb. 1; 5.6 mg (52) Feb. 22; 5.4 mg (50) Mar. 15;
Current dose: 5.1 mg (47 beads) 2017-Mar-25
+ Supplements: fish oil (1500 mg EPA/500 mg DHA), Vitamins: D3, K2, C; Minerals: Mg, Se, Cr, I, V
scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

#293 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

Wowzie that is a lot of beads ! But yes you should be proud determination and moving forward. I was looking at all the beads in the bottle and thinking great thing I did not put all of them into my body .

#294 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

I had a glass of wine Saturday night . Big mistake . Felt so hungover exhausted and out of it next day. I also got this weird symptom Saturday night and now Sunday night where my arm during sleep kind of goes numb. Like an arm that fell asleep and I can't feel it. Not sure what to make of this . When I wake up and move around it goes back to normal .

#295 Junglechicken

Junglechicken

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationReading, UK and also Southwest, UK

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

I had a glass of wine Saturday night . Big mistake . Felt so hungover exhausted and out of it next day. I also got this weird symptom Saturday night and now Sunday night where my arm during sleep kind of goes numb. Like an arm that fell asleep and I can't feel it. Not sure what to make of this . When I wake up and move around it goes back to normal .

Were you sleeping on it Blondiee?

Feb 2014 -Cipralex/Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms disappeared over a few days. Have been on this dose ever since and am experiencing "windows" and "waves". Nov 15th 2016 Re-started Therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT. Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 4th Jan 2017. Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment starts - anti-Candida diet starts as diagnosis of Systemic Candida. 24 March 2017 DETOX started for anti-Candida to help "re-set" my gut. April 2017 Gut Cleanse - 6 weeks.
Plan to re-start taper (liquid Cipralex/Escitalopram)

#296 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Were you sleeping on it Blondiee?

I can't remember . Maybe ? I might have been in such a deep sleep and not realized it . Maybe I am freaking out for no reason just hope I am not having a heart attack .

#297 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:14 AM

My arm go to sleep, it really annoying.

It's because I sleep on it, that's probably what you did. :)

You would have other symptoms if you were having a heart attack. Don't worry about that.

Take care,
Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations:  Zoloft,  1997-1999; switch to Paxil,  1999-2002 ___

2009 - 2015: Gabapentin, 900mg, 2010-2015: tapered of 9 weeks, last dose Sept. 2015, no symptoms ___ Lamictal, 300mg, 2009-2015, taper of 6 weeks, last dose Oct 2015,

no symptoms ___ Valium, 40mg, 2008-2015, 8 week taper, last dose Dec 2015, no symptoms ___ 

2016: Carafate 1mg (anti-ulcer med) 4x a day as needed. Prescribed but not taking it. ___ Prilosec 40mg; 28-Aug

started 25% taper; 1-Oct 20mg a.m. + 15mg p.m. Stopped Nov 26, 2016 w/rebound acid but not too bad.

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS---

Supplements: 150 mg Mag chloride, 350mg Krill Oil, Milk Thistle, Probiotic

For nausea as needed: Zantac, 300mg only "as needed". Zofran 4mg for nausea; only take it when nausea is unbearable.

Xanax, 3 mg in 4 split doses, 2008-present

Lexpro: 2002 - March 2016: 20 mg; Mar-Apr 2016: 8 week taper 20 mg - 10 mg; 8-June 9mg; 13-June 10 mg; 11-Sep 7.5 mg; 25-Sep 5 mg; 5-Oct 10mg; started taking Liquid Lexapro in Nov 2016; started taper with liquid 1-Jan-17 9mg; 22-Jan 8.1mg; 22-Feb 7.3 mg,

#298 Chicago77

Chicago77

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

I had this too! My arm would go numb sometimes. It's WD. It went away. Also, I had a couple of glasses of wine on Sat as well. I miss going to dinner with friends and being active. I was feeling pretty good on Sat, so I decided to have 2 glasses of wine. Well yesterday I woke up and my pain, fatigue and burning skin were back. Yuck! 

Took 10 mg of Lexapro for 15 years. Started to taper in October 2015. Took last 1mg dose in March 2016. Started having side effects end of March 2016. Symptoms include: anxiety, heart palpitations, shaky, chronic fatigue, body feels like lead(so heavy), brain fog and dizziness and really bad pain especially on right side of body. 

Symptoms as of 10/18/16- Burning skin, widespread body pain, some insomnia, some fatigue, some brain fog, anxiety upon waking up, numbing and tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints. 

#299 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

You would have other symptoms if you were having a heart attack. Don't worry about that.
Take care,
Frogie xx

I guess I am overthinking this . Will see how it is tonight . Hope you are doing okay Frogie

#300 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

I had this too! My arm would go numb sometimes. It's WD. It went away. Also, I had a couple of glasses of wine on Sat as well. I miss going to dinner with friends and being active. I was feeling pretty good on Sat, so I decided to have 2 glasses of wine. Well yesterday I woke up and my pain, fatigue and burning skin were back. Yuck!

Hi Chicago,
Ah so it could be WD too . Interesting . I also have these cramps in my feet and hands before I go to bed. I know that it WD but this not feeling arm thing was a bit freaky . How I miss being active and having drinks with friends and just enjoying myself and not thinking of the way I feel and WD and anxiety . I am still pretty tired today . I think I am going to cut liquor out until I feel much better . Hope you are doing okay

#301 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

Take care,
Frogie xx

I guess I am overthinking this . Will see how it is tonight . Hope you are doing okay Frogie

Blondiee:

I apologize, I sure didn't spell very well. I was on oxycodone at the time I answered you.

I was just saying that my arm goes to sleep all the time because I sleep on it.

I pinched a nerve on the left side of my neck and my arm has been going to sleep since then. The chiropractor said to roll up a towel and put one under the small of my back and another one under my neck. It does seem to help.

If you were having a heart attack you would be having, shortness of breath, your heart would feel like it's doing flips and an elephant would be sitting on your chest. I think you're ok.

Just take it easy. I found that those icy hot patches help. I put them on my arm. It takes the pain away. Ibuprofen helps too.

I'm sorry I'm not much more help. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care,
Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations:  Zoloft,  1997-1999; switch to Paxil,  1999-2002 ___

2009 - 2015: Gabapentin, 900mg, 2010-2015: tapered of 9 weeks, last dose Sept. 2015, no symptoms ___ Lamictal, 300mg, 2009-2015, taper of 6 weeks, last dose Oct 2015,

no symptoms ___ Valium, 40mg, 2008-2015, 8 week taper, last dose Dec 2015, no symptoms ___ 

2016: Carafate 1mg (anti-ulcer med) 4x a day as needed. Prescribed but not taking it. ___ Prilosec 40mg; 28-Aug

started 25% taper; 1-Oct 20mg a.m. + 15mg p.m. Stopped Nov 26, 2016 w/rebound acid but not too bad.

For nausea as needed: Zantac, 300mg only "as needed". Zofran 4mg for nausea; only take it when nausea is unbearable.

Lexpro: 2002 - March 2016: 20 mg; Mar-Apr 2016: 8 week taper 20 mg - 10 mg; 8-June 9mg; 13-June 10 mg; 11-Sep 7.5 mg; 25-Sep 5 mg; 5-Oct 10mg; started taking Liquid Lexapro in Nov 2016; started taper with liquid 1-Jan-17 9mg; 22-Jan 8.1mg; 22-Feb 7.3 mg,

#302 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

I have a vitamin question. I had my vitamin b12 level tested and it came in a high range 1225. I take methyl CPG for my folic acid and it has high level of vitamin b12. I also take mitochondrial nrg to help with fatigue and that supplement also has high vitamin b12. Do you think I should stop taking these vitamins ? The thing is I struggle with fatigue/exhaustion constantly and taking the supplements I feel like help a bit. I also feel like my mood is okay overall and I believe vitamin b12 helps mood. Before my vitamin b levels were lower but now they seem high the acceptable range per lab up is be 200-1100 and I am above that . I also read that high vitamin b12 levels could indicate liver disease. I am pretty sure I don't have that and that lexapro caused my liver to be not functioning that well but I don't think I have a disease . Sorry for all the rambling . I guess my main question is should I be concerned and or stop taking my above mentioned vitamins ? I had a chiropractor visit and he gave me some herbs to take to help clean the liver it is called green dragon . Has anyone had any experiencing taking anything to help the liver ?
Any input appreciated
Later today I should update my signature listing all the supplements/vitamins I take
Ty very much
b

#303 JJ33

JJ33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

My B12 tested high, though not as high as yours.  When I did a SpectraCell test it was actually quite low, and I have the MTHFR variation.  

The conclusion I come to is circulating B12 may be higher than in the cells, especially if your body has trouble processing it.

Perhaps stick to one B12 supplement if possible?  It's hard to narrow down cause-and-effect when there are so many variables.

Been taking 2.5 mg/Lexapro and 2.5 mg/Abilify a day for past seven years.
September 2016 - down to 2 mg/Abilify a day.
October 2016 - 1 mg/Abilify a day, took a few months then stabilized.

February 2017 - .75 mg/Abilify a day.

#304 Chicago77

Chicago77

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

My B12 tested high, though not as high as yours.  When I did a SpectraCell test it was actually quite low, and I have the MTHFR variation.  

The conclusion I come to is circulating B12 may be higher than in the cells, especially if your body has trouble processing it.

Perhaps stick to one B12 supplement if possible?  It's hard to narrow down cause-and-effect when there are so many variables.

I have the MTHFR gene too. I seriously wonder how many people going through WD have this gene. It would be an interesting study. Blondee, I agree with JJ33 about the B12 theory. I started taking a B12 supplement in the beginning of this process and was tested as well. It was showing up VERY high on tests. However, it could just be high in our blood since our bodies don't absorb it well. The theory is we aren't absorbing the supplement, so it shows as high on a blood test. Again, this is a theory and MY opinion, but I think since we have the MTHFR gene this could be why this happens. The best way to get those vitamins is through diet. I started juicing a month ago and I really think it has helped me. Juice or eat lots of dark leafy greens! Kale, spinach, bok choy, celery etc. Also, for B12 specifically, wild salmon, tuna, eggs and cottage cheese. Don't eat too much dairy though because it causes inflammation. As for the liver, prescription pills are soooo bad and hard on our livers. I think part of the reason we all feel so crappy is because our bodies are detoxing from the meds. 

Took 10 mg of Lexapro for 15 years. Started to taper in October 2015. Took last 1mg dose in March 2016. Started having side effects end of March 2016. Symptoms include: anxiety, heart palpitations, shaky, chronic fatigue, body feels like lead(so heavy), brain fog and dizziness and really bad pain especially on right side of body. 

Symptoms as of 10/18/16- Burning skin, widespread body pain, some insomnia, some fatigue, some brain fog, anxiety upon waking up, numbing and tremor in pinky and ring finger on left hand, cracking/popping/stiff joints. 

#305 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

JJ33 & Chicago77 -

Thank you for your input. I agree that MTFHT mutation and the use of medication causes the body not to absorb things properly. I decided I am going to stick with the vitamin / supplement regime and see what happens. If I was not taking any supplements for B12 I would be nervous but since I do it probably caused the results to be on high end . I want to start juicing too. I just started exercising lightly even though I am so tired I make myself walk on a treadmill for 30 mins almost every day. And I listen to this app before bed called Calm. They have different series like 10 days of calming anxiety 21 days of stress free and so on . I paid subscription price for it but few meditations they have for free as well if anyone is interested.

I read this article how the MTFHT mutation can actually cause depression, anxiety and panic attacks . So I wonder if we had it since birth and the mental issues encountered were the result of that (plus some environment factors ) or if lexapro actually did cause this ...

Wishing everyone a good weekend !

b

#306 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

JJ33 & Chicago77 -
Thank you for your input. I agree that MTFHT mutation and the use of medication causes the body not to absorb things properly. I decided I am going to stick with the vitamin / supplement regime and see what happens. If I was not taking any supplements for B12 I would be nervous but since I do it probably caused the results to be on high end . I want to start juicing too. I just started exercising lightly even though I am so tired I make myself walk on a treadmill for 30 mins almost every day. And I listen to this app before bed called Calm. They have different series like 10 days of calming anxiety 21 days of stress free and so on . I paid subscription price for it but few meditations they have for free as well if anyone is interested.
I read this article how the MTFHT mutation can actually cause depression, anxiety and panic attacks . So I wonder if we had it since birth and the mental issues encountered were the result of that (plus some environment factors ) or if lexapro actually did cause this ...
b

Hi Blondiee:

I'm glad to hear you are exercising. I have a Pilates machine, and a stationary bike. They sit. Especially since I pinched this nerve.

I use the app Calm also, but it was free. Maybe I need to update.

Have a great day!

Take care,
Frogie xx

#307 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

JJ33 & Chicago77 -
b

Hi Blondiee:
I'm glad to hear you are exercising. I have a Pilates machine, and a stationary bike. They sit. Especially since I pinched this nerve.
I use the app Calm also, but it was free. Maybe I need to update.
Have a great day!
Take care,
Frogie xx

Hi Frogie !
Thank you for stopping by :) once you feel better I am sure you will use your exercise machine, you just need to get better first . How do you like that app ? I also had a free version and then decided to get a subscription to get more meditation variety

#308 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

I decided to post a list of my symptoms. I think I got them all. It covers July 2016 through now. I withdrew completely in July reinstated lexapro in October at 5 mg switched to Luvox 50 mg in December and cut to Luvox 37.5 mg in January . Keeping track of this for my own information and perhaps someone can find this helpful and can relate as well
WD symptoms list:
Nausea - occasional, usually am
Headache - gone with reinstatement
Burning pinky finger
Ringing in the ears - constant
Fatigue - constant, at times debilitating and intense
Dizziness - constant, most annoying symptom along with fatigue
Vertigo episode - 2 major with spins and nausea with movement
Disbalance off equilibrium - constant very annoying
Muscle twitching - mild, not bothersome or noticeable (I hope)
Cold feet and hands - mostly gone
Burning heavy eyes - not as bad as a month ago
DP/DR - still there but improved with reinstatement
Detachment - still there but not as bad as before
Stiff muscles - neck and shoulders (not bad)
Blurry vision - still there and bad particularly at night
Flu like symptoms - still there but not as bad as before
Brain fog - some
Sensitive to light loud noise - some
Anxiety - still some mainly in the am and afternoon
Feeling of going crazy and racing thoughts - decreased, better after reinstating
Hair falling out stopped thankfully
Appetite all over the place
Lost weight
Feet hands and arm cramps while trying to fall asleep
Insomnia - started getting bad during month 3 after stopping the meds once reinstated insomnia is gone completely
Mood seems okay hopeful and determined

#309 Chicago77

Chicago77

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for sharing your list Blondiee!! I think it does help to keep track and revisit every few months. It helps me at least.  :) We have/had a lot of the same symptoms. The fatigue and brain fog are probably the most frustrating to me because it effects my daily life including work!! Ahhhh!!! Hopefully, we keep continuing to heal!  :D

#310 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for sharing your list Blondiee!! I think it does help to keep track and revisit every few months. It helps me at least.  :) We have/had a lot of the same symptoms. The fatigue and brain fog are probably the most frustrating to me because it effects my daily life including work!! Ahhhh!!! Hopefully, we keep continuing to heal!  :D

Yes i agree it is helpful keeping track of the symptoms . This is how I know it is not me but WD bc i never experienced the above symptoms prior to starting lexapro .

#311 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

+ low voice occasionally + vivid dreams (subsided which is good )

#312 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:22 AM

Another update: has been almost two months since being on 37.5 mg dose of Luvox. I started to notice that my tinnitus is a bit worse . Constant ringing in the ears and also feeling like my ears clogged almost or full . I had ENT appointment for my vertigo few weeks ago and it was fine so I assume it is WD related . My tiredness is a bit better. I still feel that body heaviness and exhaustion but it is improving a bit. Dizziness and off balance feeling is still persistent . Lately I started noticing my racing thoughts and fear pop in. I am concerned and trying to remain calm and just breathe and take a day at the time . But thoughts like will I get better how can I get through this and fear of loneliness and going anywhere like store yoga etc keep me scared . I have an exam coming up and I know some of the anxiety could be attributed to that .

I was also considering going up a bit maybe ? Do not know how much but I was on 50 mg of Luvox for a month and that was not much different from where I am now so not sure . Just want this ringing to stop and raising thought to ease. Is it probable that Luvox is not enough to ease some of the symptoms from lexapro since lexapro is more potent ? I also do not want to go back and increase and then be in the same place again . I am trying to listen to my body and see what to do but sometimes I just don't know .

Also I do not think the ringing in the ears is caused by Luvox . I went back to my notes to see when it started and it started in early December when I was still on 5 mg of lexapro before the switch to Luvox .

#313 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

I found this information and now I am thinking maybe it is Luvox? http://survivinganti... +ears +ringing

I did not have tinnitus coming off lexapro or being off lexapro.  In my notes I read that I started having ears ringing in December 2016 very mild before Luvox and then after switch to Luvox it increased.  So I am not sure what to think.  I have been holding for 2 months now maybe I can try to go down a bit to see what will happen? 

#314 scallywag

scallywag

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,846 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:22 AM

It's unlikely that increasing the dose of an anti-depressant such as Luvox will decrease a symptom of overstimulation/sensitization such as tinnitus, particularly when the tinnitus arose after stopping Lexapro.

Trying a decrease 5% or 10% of Luvox might be worth considering.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results
Cymbalta (brand name), 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 20 mg to 7 mg in 2016, taper details in this post;
2017: 6.3 (58 beads) Feb. 1; 5.6 mg (52) Feb. 22; 5.4 mg (50) Mar. 15;
Current dose: 5.1 mg (47 beads) 2017-Mar-25
+ Supplements: fish oil (1500 mg EPA/500 mg DHA), Vitamins: D3, K2, C; Minerals: Mg, Se, Cr, I, V
scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

#315 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hi scallywag,

Thank you for the suggestion . I agree I think I am going to do a reduction in a week or two. I read someone's comment in another thread how you have to decide if you can live with the symptom and I think I can . It bothers me a lot but if it is noisy around it is manageable . So I am going to suck it up and stick to the plan.

Yesterday was actually an okay day for me . I still had anxiety and dizziness and annoying tinnitus, but it was sunshine and my mood was better and I felt this weird happiness inside. I went on a treadmill for half an hour and felt much better after . Today I am exhausted and fatigue hit back like crazy . I am struggling to stay awake and my body is just so heavy. I also feel sore maybe too much exercise. But so thankful for yesterday and the peace I felt .

B

#316 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:28 AM

Hi Blondiee:

Just thought I would drop by and see how you are doin?

I hope you are feeling better. :)

Take care,
Frogie xx

#317 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

Hi Blondiee:
Take care,
Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,

Thank you so much for stopping by . I am hanging in there . I just don't understand this intense fatigue . Is it WD is it the drug or is it stress/anxiety . I really hope it lifts . Today I am even more tired that it takes so much effort even to talk. Trying to make it though the work day .

Hope you are doing well

#318 Frogie

Frogie

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Hi Blondiee:
Take care,
Frogie xx

Hi Frogie,
Thank you so much for stopping by . I am hanging in there . I just don't understand this intense fatigue . Is it WD is it the drug or is it stress/anxiety . I really hope it lifts . Today I am even more tired that it takes so much effort even to talk. Trying to make it though the work day .
Hope you are doing well

Hi Blondiee:

It's probably a combination of all of it.

I'm back to being nauseous. Wasn't for 3 months and it hit me again. I don't understand mine either.

Are you still on Lexapro?

Hopefully we will both get through this and forget all about it. :)

Have a good day.

Take care,
Frogie xx

#319 Blondiee1915

Blondiee1915

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Yea it could be a combination of all the above . I just need to accept it and carry on.

Sorry about your nausea. I get a bit of it usually in the morning and it is an annoying and uncomfortable symptom for sure . Have you tried ginger tea ?

I agree I just want us to feel better already

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lexapro, anxiety, fatigue, escitalopram