SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Wewillsurvive

Wewillsurvive

I'm here just to tell everyone not to give up. I just started reading these forums a month or so ago to see if tapering down works and indeed it does .I've bin on seroquel for 3 years dosage 125 mg a day . 25 mg 4pm and 100 mg at 11 pm is when I take it. Now I'm at .15 mg at 4 pm and 80 mg at night . Hey that might not seem like much it was hella lot better than my other attempts to quit cold turkey and tapering down at a non realistic way . Keep in mind everyone is different you could have less side effects .
I use a point scale I bought it at the weed 420 store it weighs exactly to the point
I actually tried to taper down more but notice I still had lingering side effects so I decided to taper between 5 and 10 %

Now here are some tips to not screw up You recovery
do not do anything to disrupt ur sleep .
No excessive drinking
No drugs
Exercising a hour a day
Drink water and sugar free drinks
No chocolate
No caffeine
High in sugar food

For a year or so I thought this way gonna be my life
Insomnia , mood swings , sweats , and feeling like crap

I can go on to why seroquel is the devil. But I will save it for the next post .

We will survive.

Edited by ChessieCat
Added drug tags
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wewillsurvive and welcome to SA, it's good that you have decided to taper your drug rather than going cold turkey.

I have moved your post from the Tips for Tapering Seroquel topic and created your own Introduction/Update topic because your post is about your own situation, not general seroquel discussion.  I will add a drug tag to your topic so that members who are looking for people taking seroquel will be able to find it.

We ask all new members to Please put your Withdrawal History in Signature.  Please include details for the last 12-18 months of  all drugs, dates, doses and discontinuations & reinstatements.  If you can't remember dates, please write it as "early March" or "mid-August".  Please provide a summary of any drugs prior to that which can just be listed with start and stop years.  Please include all prescription, non-prescription drugs and supplements you are currently taking.

We also direct new members to this topic:  Before you begin tapering what you need to know.  These topics might provide some useful information for you:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

And these I found helped me to understand SA's recommendations:

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

To search the site I use google and type in survivingantidepressants.org + topic.

You can ask questions here in your Intro/Update topic and journal your progress.  Click "Follow" top right and you will be notified when someone responds.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, Wewillsurvive said:

I can go on to why seroquel is the devil. But I will save it for the next post .

Any idea when the next post will be coming out ive been hanging out for it.....no pressure!

Happy New Year

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017