SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

MaizeNblue81: Tapering Zoloft during severe acute Xanax WD

maizeNblue81

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Maize:

I don't know about those things MS Carol I've had all the test thy could do in the ER and they came back ok and I had two rounds of blood work done at my PCP and the first round showed my vitamin D being low and something with my pancreatic enzyme being off but then when she did it the second time just the vitamin D so I don't know? 

This is not a normal test.  This is a genetic test.  Please read the thread I posted, the brand names are listed there.  Genesight, Genomind.  

I know that the Center for Behavioural Health in my hometown (which is some sort of Community Based hybrid mental health centre) now tests everyone before they prescribe anyone.  This is not a normal hospital test.  It's a genetic liver enzyme test.  You will have to ask for it.

This test will tell us if the Zoloft is dangerous for you.  It could be important.  It might show nothing, at which point we will know that your ramping up of symptoms is purely stress related.  But if it shows that Zoloft is toxic for you, it could make a difference.

I don't recommend these tests usually, but you have been spinning your wheels for a long time now.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maizeNblue81

• ChessieCat

• JanCarol

• scallywag

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday of this coming week to talk to her about what's going on but mainly to get a note for work to have that along with the note I had from the ER last week so I can ask her about it then.

Im really scared and worried at this point cause I don't know what to do I have never experienced this kinda of increase or wave of symptoms both physically and emotionally since detox back last October and it has changed so much and become so much more severe in the last month that I can't hardly function and I feel like I'm having a psychotic breakdown. 

The head pressure and physical symptoms are getting worse and the emotional symptoms remind me of how bad it was when I went into the hospital they are so bad.

i haven't worked since Monday and all I've told them is I'm having severe headaches and I'm physically ill due to hypertension stress and anxiety related issues and I have a appointment on Tuesday and don't know when I'll be able to return to work.

i have another job a lot closer to home at a local dealership just starting at a entry level detailing position with the opportunity to work my way up to service writer or even manager later just detailing and cleaning out cars that hopefully might be less stressful and it's only 40 hours compared to 50+ I'm working now and now I was driving and hour to work were this would be 10mins down the road but I have to do something cause I don't know if I'll be able to get my disability approved or when that would happen so I'm stuck with that I turned in my appeal a couple of weeks ago but so far haven't heard anything. 

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

And Ms Carol I'm gonna be honest it's gotten so bad my mom which has been here for me the whole time is wanting to take me back to the hospital because of how bad the emotional symptoms and the evil intrusive thoughts have gotten again. It was and hasn't been like this since I was taking in to detox and forced off the xanex. I mean horrible evil dark thoughts and yes the physical pain is pretty severe buts it's were my mind is going emotionally right now that's got me even more scared I'm back to the point I'm scared to even be around certain people or even by myself the emotional symptoms have gotten so bad and I would go to the hospital if I knew they weren't going to just try and put me on more drugs cause I know it's the drugs that have made me so sick but it's getting to the point my family my not give me a choice but to go and I don't know what to do if this is normal for WD and this kinda of wave and something that will get better and I have to ride out? If this is benzo WD or side effects from the Zoloft I'm just really scared and struggling right now and I wouldn't be bothering anyone if it wasn't that bad. 

2012: Zoloft and Xanax for the first few weeks for panics attacks 2013: switched over to Prozac and Ativan for a short period during the switch. 2015: got off Prozac: 2016 tried to reinstate after 7 months off symptoms came back didn't work so switched over to lexapro and after 6 1/2 weeks got off not able to tolerate. Xanax since may of 2016, then Detox October 2016 from .75mg and was put on resperdal and Zoloft but now just on Zoloft 100mg. Severe head pressure, DP/DR, confusion, intrusive thoughts main symptoms since coming out of the hospital. Losing hope 2 1/2 months off Xanax and now on 100mg Zoloft

Update on Zoloft started to taper on Feb, 4th 2017 using dry cut method at 87.5mg from 100 then Feb, 25th 2017 switched to liquid taper with dissolving 100mg tablets into 100ml of water then , measuring out to 87.5mg where i am at now. will be due for 2nd cut Sunday April, 2 2017 will update again at that time

You're not bothering us Maize. Just try to find a less stressful life situation without working 10 hours a day or preferably even sick leave.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

I'm trying I've got the hopes of getting this other job closer to home and hopefully less stressful I haven't worked but 4 hours this whole week and that's on the heels of missing some time last week after ending up in the ER and I haven't done a whole of anything but lay in my bed and be around the house since Monday but these symptoms continue to get worse and more severe it seems on a daily basis and the physical pain and pressure in my head is bad but my mind and these thoughts the emotional symptoms are taking over and getting to the point I really feel like I'm having a psychotic breakdown.

it seems most is benzo WD especially the pressure and physical symptoms but I'm really wandering if the Zoloft hasn't just flat turned on me on top of it and that's why the severe SU/HM ideation has come back and the horrible thoughts that now flood my mind on a daily basis it just hasn't been this bad emotionally since the hospital and the first few months of WD and it's really got me very sacred I've went from suffering but functioning to non functional and having a crisis on my hands emotionally in the matter of a month and it's getting worse. 

Ok so I had two doctors appointments today one with my so called mental health pro and the other with my PCP. 

The mental health visit was a joke I was in their for about 2 mins and tried to explain where I was with all this and I was still suffering from benzo WD and it had actually gotten much worse over the last month and that I was having to hold and come down on the Zoloft extremely slow because of how severe my symptoms have been to the point I haven't even been able to work for the last two weeks and he didn't even want to talk about or acknowledge that I was still going through benzo WD and having severe symptoms at 8 months off and basically said it was just anxiety and their was no way I was still having symptoms this far out and told me because I wanted to taper off the Zoloft at my own rate their was no need to see me for at least 6 months. So basically here's 6 refills I don't want to mess with you see you in 6 months so the only thing I got out of that visit was my refills and no help or support whatsoever and I just wanted to tell him in a not so nice way that he was the one that was crazy and had no clue about these drugs and the side effects while taking them or the long term severe WD they could cause after stopping them but I held my peace and just left.

my PCP did what she could I asked her about the liver enzyme test and she took some more blood work and said she would check all my enzymes to see if their was anything their for concern she also gave me some more amoxicillin that I really don't want to take but my throat has been sore the last few days and I think I'm either getting another sinus infection or a summer cold cause I woke up with the sore throat, body aches, extremely fatigued feels like I have the flew on top of the WD symptoms and I haven't left my bed today other than to go to these appointments. 

I really dont don't understand and I'm trying to hold on but I haven't even worked a full day of work in almost two weeks and on top of the fact I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose my job cause I haven't been their long enough for FMLA or anything my symptoms are continuing to increase and get worse and I thought maybe if I took some time off to rest it would help but it's not at all.

this wave hit me a month ago now and theirs no relief in sight and now I can't even work or hardly function at all and between the severe pressure burning numbness and physical symptoms in my head and the emotional symptoms becoming so much more severe the DP/DR confusion, and horrific intrusive thoughts I feel like I'm having a psychotic breakdown and the physical suffering is so bad I can't do anything other than lay here and suffer and I'm losing hope and don't know what to do?

i need to work but it's got so bad I don't see how I can function like this and it's all I can do to make it from one second to the next and I don't even remember one day to the other cause they all run together and are filled with nothing but suffering and pain. 

I was struggling and suffering but coping and at least able to work and function a month ago at the end of month 6 but now tomorrow will be 8 months off and I feel worse now than I ever have. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I am sorry it is so hard.  You will make it through.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Maize ...  What can we say to you? Do you want us to tell you how we have all gone through similar experiences? The doctors don't understand and the health system is highly questionable.

We can do that but it doesn't help you right now. We have already advised you to cut your stress any way you can and look for non-drug techniques to help you over this very difficult time in your life.

That is probably the most life - changing action you can take at this point. Have you used any of the stress reduction techniques that have been recommended? If so, what have you tried?       

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Well as far as doctors or the health care system no they don't understand at all I don't know if it's they don't care, or if they are truly that in the dark about these drugs they prescribe and what they actually do to individuals lives long term or the effect they can have on the brain but either way they are no help to me now cause the damage has been done to me and all they want to do is look at me like I'm crazy and try and put me on more drugs when it's the drugs that have destroyed my brain and my life. I told my mom what happened yesterday at my 3 month visit and that I was truly alone in this with no end in sight and no help from the doctors and all she could say was that she was sorry I'm having to go through this and doctors are completely useless and I agree.

As far as stress again I haven't even worked in two weeks hoping that some rest and not working would help but it really hasn't as my symptoms continue to get more severe everyday. I've literally done nothing but lay in bed around my house during that time and I've tried to distract, watching old movies, listening to calm relaxing stuff at night mamma p sent me to help with sleep play games on my phone when it gets really bad and I can't focus to watch a movie and nothing is really helping but I'm trying doing all I know to do even like I said basically stopped working and I'm sure I've lost my job and I'm back to being basically house ridden as it's been so severe and I've felt so bad I haven't been able to function hardly at all and don't feel like going anywhere.

Im exactly 8 months off today as far as the benzos and again I was suffering before and still having a difficult time a month ago but at least I was functional and able to work and didn't feel like I was completely losing my mind. 

Im still holding on the Zoloft haven't changed anything with that in 3 months I've stopped working and I need to work but I know their is no way I can function with as bad as it's gotten and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose my job. I don't do anything but lay in bed in constant physical and emotional symptoms in suffering not knowing how much worse this is gonna get or if I can survive or take it for even one more day this is horrible.

All these symptoms have changed and become so much more severe over the last month and continues to get worse. 

The head pressure burning numbness and phyiscal symptoms in my head are so severe now I can't function I have no cognitive ability at all and I feel physically sick 24/7 can't breath can't move constant pain and torture in my head that is unbearable and honestly after 8 months this is the worst it has ever been.

The emotional symptoms are really scaring me cause it feels like I'm having a complete psychological breakdown horrible evil intrusive thoughts that I can't control all the time now no relief or break form them, extreme confusion, DP/DR, losing all since of reality, myself and the world around me I really feel like I'm losing it and I don't know cause it's hard with my brain and what Xanex did to me and the Zoloft and not knowing what it's contributed to my suffering but being scared to taper cause of WD to that and getting worse and I still don't even know what dose I'm really on I'm confused and I'm wandering what is causing this and if I'm doing something that's making things worse by continuing the Zoloft or if this is just pure hell of benzo WD and theirs nothing I can do but just suffer? 

Im trying so hard but it was so bad last night standing out on the porch I was literally shaking and thought I was about to have a complete nervous breakdown right there on the porch.

• Moderator Emeritus

What you are currently experiencing is the result of a combination of things.  It is impossible to say what is caused by what.

You are scared (= fear).  This is a common and understandable feeling that we experience when things happen to us which we don't understand. 

When we are fearful we experience bodily sensations, eg pounding heart, trouble breathing, sweating, feeling nauseous, inability to settle and relax, confusion.

If we don't understand and recognise these, we can easily become panicked by our body's reaction to the fear and it is what Dr Claire Weekes calls "second fear", or fear of the fear.

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Claire Weekes' Method of Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

And there are many videos on YouTube:  Go to YouTube, and enter claire weekes in the search bar at the top of the webpage.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Ms Cat I understand anxiety, panic, fear can increase my symptoms but it's hard not to be fearful or have anxiety at this point with my symptoms continuing to get worse and being more severe. I have suffered for so long and it has gotten so bad over the last month that I feel like the previous 7 months of suffering was for nothing and I'm just as bad now or even worse than I was after Detox or in the first few months of WD. 

Ive basically quit my job haven't worked in two weeks now have done almost nothing and even last night slept for 8 hours got up went right back to bed I was so physically sick and slept for 4 more hours and when I just woke up I was even worse than I was yesterday. 

Their is is so much pressure pain burning and numbness in my head I can't stand, walk, talk, eat or even hardly function in anyway at all. I can't breath this is misery and torture with no end in sight. This morning when I woke up the 2nd time the whole front side of my face and forehead in my temples the top of my head into the right side of my brain down into the back of my neck was completely numb burning and on fire.

on top of the physical symptoms which continue to get worse and more severe it seems on a daily basis the emotional symptoms are as bad now or even worse than when I went into the hospital and even though I was still struggling and suffering a month ago this is so much worse the severe confusion, being completely disoriented DP/DR losing touch with all reality and myself and the horrible evil intrusive thoughts are all to the max and the point I can't do anything other than lay here in bed and suffer feeling like I'm having a complete psychological breakdown on top of the physical pain it's unbearable and I'm losing hope by the second.

I don't know what to do and I'm worried that this is my life it's never gonna get better and I'm either gonna have a nervous breakdown and end back up in the hospital or worse I've went from suffering but coping and pushing through a month or so ago to complete all out crisis and feeling like I want survive from one day to the next now. 

Im officially 8 months off now and worse now than I've ever been. And again I'm sure there is some level of anxiety and fear but how can you not be fearful in this situation?

i don't know if this is the severe benzo WD wave everyone tells me about between month 6-9 or this is the Zoloft turning on me or a combination of the two but I really am holding on by a thread and I don't know what to do?

i don't know how I'm gonna work and I have to work cause I have 3 kids and bills to pay and I don't know what to do about the Zoloft I feel like I'm in a no win situation with that I really am losing it and if these symptoms continue to get worse I don't know if I will survive this nightmare? 

• Moderator Emeritus

You are actually not doing so very bad. When I push myself too much it can take pretty long to bounce back. Two weeks may seem long but are not.

You are really blessed that you can sleep. I hope you are aware of this. Imagine all this and not being able to sleep. And it happens to people.

It seems you are not desperate enough to get more serious about all the coping strategies that have been suggested. When I'm really bad I practice them like my life depended on it. Playing games on your phone is not one of them. Spending too much time with these electronic devices is bad for everyone's brain. Let alone withdrawal.

Somebody was complaining about head pressure and these are the suggestions they got (works for all symptoms you are discribing). So if you get that desperate to actually try something out here it is:

Oh yes, this is a very common withdrawal symptom and it's horrific. Here are some things that may help make you more comfortable:

• Epsom salt baths
  • Try some Tai Chi or gentle yoga, such as:

Qi Gong for descending excess energy from the head

Legs Up The Wall - Foundations of Yoga - not sure why this helps head pressure, but it makes me relaxed overall

• Breathing exercises, such as:

4-7-8 Breathing Exercise by GoZen

Perhaps take a nice relaxing epsom salt bath and try a relaxing video or two. 

You will get better. And get back to work. It seems that 8 months wasn't enough but you are getting there. Time is your friend and you are one tough cookie :)

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

1 hour ago, bubble said:

It seems you are not desperate enough to get more serious about all the coping strategies that have been suggested. When I'm really bad I practice them like my life depended on it. Playing games on your phone is not one of them. Spending too much time with these electronic devices is bad for everyone's brain. Let alone withdrawal.

I agree. When you're really desperate, you're completely out of options. Then either you get serious about the coping techniques or you're done with. Despair is very good news actually. Without it you don't look your problems in the eyes.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

Well the thing is I am desperate so much in fact I really don't know if I'm gonna survive this or how much longer I can hang on? I'm really scared I'm not gonna make it and this is just gonna continue to get worse.

The head pressure and physical symptoms in my head are the worst they have ever been and are so bad now I really can't function at all and last night I didn't even sleep which has made today so much worse and I'm pretty sure from all the individuals I've talked too that head pressure burning numbness and physical symptoms in the head are very common with benzo WD and can get quite severe during the 6-9 month period and it's common to have a major horrific wave of symptoms during that time and their is indeed something known as the 6 month wave that can be very severe and very difficult to manage. Most I've talked to say months 4-8 were the worst and didn't experience any relief until into month 9 and most that have had severe or similar symptoms as me say that they got hit with a major wave between month 6-7 and some say it lasted a few weeks and several have said it hit around the same time as me at the end of month 6 going into month 7 and didn't get any relief till into month 9 but since this wave or uptick in symptoms hit about a month or so ago it has not let up has only gotten worse and I feel like I'm in major crisis mode hanging on for dear life not knowing if I'm gonna make it like I was in the hospital and the first few months of not worse and it doesn't seem to be going away any time soon. I'm into month 8 now and this is as severe as it's ever been.

the physical symptoms are horrible but the emotional symptoms are what's scaring me even more. Severe confusion and disorientation, DP/DR I'm really losing all since of reality one day roles onto the next feeling like I'm losing my mind and honestly having a complete psychological breakdown with horrible evil intrusive thoughts and severe SU/HM ideation and that's the symptoms that lit me in the hospital to begin and they are just as bad now if not worse than back then.

Im 8 months off xanex I'm holding on the Zoloft around the same dose as accurate as I can be using the 100ml line on my sorts bottle and I still don't know what the Zoloft is adding to this or what to do about the tapering off of it cause I'm sure the physical pressure and pain in my head or most of it is benzo WD but these emotional symptoms I wander if the Zoloft has really turned on me and just making me sicker? 

My my job is pressuring me to come back next week and I need to work but it's so bad and severe now I don't see how I can do it? I found a job a lot closer to home at a local dealership that is just 40 hours a week 8 hours a day and all I would be doing is detailing cars to get them ready to be sold so less hours and hopefully not as much stress not having to worry about Management responsibilities or the things I was before it's about $250 less a week but o really don't even know if I can do that or not it's so bad? 

I really need help help and I'm looking for any kind of hope and I've suffered for so long and to have it get this bad again is very discouraging and I'm don't feel tough I'm hanging on by a thread not knowing if I'll see tomorrow or not? 

This is crazy a month month ago yes I was suffering but I was coping and able to function now I feel like I'm in complete crisis and don't know how much longer I can hold on so I'm sorry to keep bothering everyone I just don't know what to do or how much more I can take? 

• Moderator Emeritus

In my previous post there are 4 very helpful suggestion on how to relieve head pressure and other symptoms.

Which of them did you try in your desperation to get a relief?

Describing your symptoms here seems to be your most important coping technique. It seems to help you but I don't see how it benefits the community here.

You had serious doubts about making it pass a few weeks and here you are 8 months later. Your coping skills might be different to what we are used to but they seem to be working for you. So I have no doubt you will make it.

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

As far as what I've done today is just distract watch TV games on my phone and I just tried to take a shower and let hit water run on my head and neck where all the pressure and pain is. Didn't help much though and the physical symptoms in my head are quite severe and worse now than ever before but now I feel physically sick on top of the pressure burning numbness in my head the extreme fatigue and nausea light headed and dizzy that has accompanied this wave is relentless and unbearable and where I was able to work 5 weeks ago I can hardly stand, talk, eat or walk now. 

But it like I said before even though the physical symptoms are horrific and it's still hard to deduce between what is benzo wave and what is side effects of the Zoloft but the emotional wave and increased psychological symptoms are really scaring me and more than I can bare.

i know you say you for sure or have no doubt I'm gonna make it but this last month has been so bad and continues to get worse to the point I really have my doubts and I was just in the shower standing there and started crying and I told God I can't handle anymore and the severe SU/HM ideation horrible intrusive thoughts I don't want to quit or give up but I'm really on the edge and hanging on by a thread and I don't know what to do? 

I hate bothering anyone here here and I know everyone gets frustrated when I talk about my symptoms but I don't have anyone else and they really are that severe and have changed that much from 5 weeks ago and again I don't know what to think of is benzo wave Zoloft side effects but if it's benzo wave I don't guess their is much I can do and if it's Zoloft side effects all I can do is start my taper again but I'm scared to do that because of WD to that mess and I can't handle anymore or things getting worse so I feel like I'm stuck and these drugs have completely ruined my brain and destroyed my life and I don't know if I will survive? 

Im not trying to be over dramatic but 5 eeeks ago I was working still suffering but functional and holding on to hope the worst was behind me now I know it wasn't and I'm as bad now as ever before and this is suffering and torture that I would not wish on my worst enemy.

Im trying to hold on and believe it will get better but it seems to just be getting worse everyday and my mind is in such a place right now im scared to be alone but then im scared to be around anyone else either and I really don't know what to do with the Zoloft I've been on it for 8 months now and im starting to wander if on top of my brain trying to recover from the horror that was Xanex if it isn't just making me more sick now? 

Is any any of this normal after 8 months? What should I do about work or about the Zoloft? 

Im struggling and I don't know what to do? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Maize.

PinkFairy is dealing with some similar symptoms as you are, specifically the head pressure symptom. She mentioned taking a bag of ice and placing it on her neck at the base of her skull. She said it brought her some relief from the head symptoms. 

Might be worth a try. 

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, maizeNblue81 said:

As far as what I've done today is just distract watch TV games on my phone and I just tried to take a shower and let hit water run on my head and neck where all the pressure and pain is. 

For anyone who comes across this thread just a note that Maize for some reason just can't try out any withdrawal easing technique suggested regardless of how simple it is. Not a single one.

Watching TV and playing games on the phone can actually make withdrawal worse.

Maize, I'm afraid there is nothing much we can do for you beyond that. 

What happened with the liver enzyme test?

I will copy a thread with advice for members who are actively suicidal. Unfortunately this is all very normal after 8 months of WD (made worse by overworking yourself).

• Moderator Emeritus

Although you don't in the least bit care about the advice we give and this is probably the last I give, I would strongly suggest you have a strategy in place for when/if things get even worse.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7619-for-those-who-are-feeling-desperate-or-suicidal/

• Mentor

I really need help help and I'm looking for any kind of hope and I've suffered for so long and to have it get this bad again is very discouraging and I'm don't feel tough I'm hanging on by a thread not knowing if I'll see tomorrow or not? 

Maize,

you do NOT need help.

you have been given a tremendous amount of advise, links to things to try, empathy and sympathy and encouragement and time and effort.

it is time for you to HELP YOURSELF.

no one else here can do this for you, you MUST do it yourself.

you seem to be stuck in the "give me/tell me something to make this all better" kind of thinking- which is how many of us ended up on these drugs.

we wanted the quick fix.

this is going to take time, and it's going to take work, but you must do the work.

Imagine that this forum did not exist.

what would you be doing instead of coming here to ask for help?

Edited by ChessieCat
removed white space

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Sometimes in withdrawal one of the symptoms is repetitive thoughts. And I think this is what you have perhaps due to the benzodiazepines withdrawal, so you keep asking the same thing over and over.  Maybe try to work with this symptom. If you are going to have repetitive thoughts anyway, switch them to positive ones. Make a list of a few things you can tell yourself. For example, "I will get better" and "so many people in the forum went through a similar thing and they got better and I will too" Keep telling yourself  these positive things over and over. 

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

• Mentor
17 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Sometimes in withdrawal one of the symptoms is repetitive thoughts. And I think this is what you have perhaps due to the benzodiazepines withdrawal, so you keep asking the same thing over and over.  Maybe try to work with this symptom. If you are going to have repetitive thoughts anyway, switch them to positive ones. Make a list of a few things you can tell yourself. For example, "I will get better" and "so many people in the forum went through a similar thing and they got better and I will too" Keep telling yourself  these positive things over and over. 

thank you so much for posting Madeleine, I was not aware of this. this is good information to have.

or maybe I was aware of it, but never thought of it quite this way.

you will heal Maize, you will get better, you're stronger than you think, you are going to be ok.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed white space

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

Hi maize....am so sorry your truly suffering!!am in the same boat as you...thrashing An fighting myself through this madness!am dealing with 3 lots of WD an I admit am in hell...An like you I want to throw in the towel.your like me,your wanting some one just to take the pain away...

this isn't you it's the WD talking...

just for the next five minutes go lay down stick your head phones in,go on you tube...look up baylissa Fredrick An put her video on...keep repeating it over An over the same video!!do not let these pharmaceutical complains win...

i don't care if you have to crawl please just get down on your hands An knees with me An let's crawl together???

theres a finish line,An we are going to get to it...no storm lasts forever!

oh An get some ice as what shep quoted An put it under your neck near the base of your skull...An put baylisa,s track on...

believe me I so know how you feel,with the same old OCD thoughts.its draining...

but inside you is YOU...when you can also fill a bowl of freezing cold water up,An put your whole face into it...believe me what ever negative thoughts your thinking will soon stop :) the shock of the cold is unreal...please just go do these An pause your hamster wheel in your head for five minutes...

first thing in a morning.as soon as your eyes open Louise hay positive affirmations on you tube,you won't believe them but it's positive stuff going in...

were feeding the wrong wolf with the wrong things....

i know you can do this,I believe in you ❤️

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Pinkfairy, thank you for taking the time out to post your suggestions to Maize.  It's very thoughtful of you to do this, especially considering that you are struggling so much yourself.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

These are great suggestions Pinkfairy and I also feel inspired for the fight. I know of Baylissa but never listened to her more actively...

Will do so know :) Will do the ice thing also...

Thank you Chester cat....

its a battle we keep on have to keep fighting!❤️

Hi bubble yea her voice is so reasurring An calming...

i hope they help you :) 

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

Sorry I just got these last few messages and I guess let me start with bubbles message and say I am trying and I do whatever I can to try and survive from one day to the next and I'm doing my best given the situation trying to hold onto hope when there isn't any to be found. I've never been through anything like this in my life nor imagined I would ever be going through this at 36 years old after a divorce with little to no help form doctors or my family all I have is my mother and everyone here so sometimes I feel all alone in this and no one truly sees my pain and suffering and I wander even if I somehow survive this what's gonna be left of me as it's not just affected my mental health but it's taking such a tole on my financial and physical health as well as well as many relationships too.

I have taking much advice from everyone here the relaxation videos on utube to help with sleep at night I've tried the hot showers for my head trying to keep myself distracted with walks outside old movies on tv and anything else I can do hoping and praying I make it through another day of this torture I've held on the Zoloft as suggested and even switched over to dissolving the pills in liquid as recommended although I still don't know what dose I'm really taking now other than I know it's less than 100mg and still need to work on a plan for that but my symptoms have been so severe it's hard to even function right now and I even took off work for the last two weeks to see if that would even help but still no relief and everyday it seems to be getting worse.

The reason I come here is because the doctors have failed me and are partly to blame for the situation I'm in and just look at me like I'm crazy and want to put me on more drugs and my family other than my mother isn't their and my mom try's but she doesn't really know what to do other than listen to me and pray for me so I really don't have anyone else or no real support so that's why I come here to try and get help from people that have either lived through this or are living through it now and might know more than me and can help me. I'm not trying to bother anyone or get on anyone's nerves and trust me I would much rather be enjoying life and working and smiling and laughing which are all things I can not do because of the torture and suffering I face everyday and it's so hard to think when it has changed so much and became so much more severe over the last month to the point of being non functional and not able to work almost like the last 8 months didn't matter and I'm just as bad now as I was in the hospital last October and the first few months off and that is hard to take and very discouraging. So that's why I'm here and if you wanna give up on me I guess their is nothing I can do and I know for me if I survive this I would never not try and help anyone who may have to suffer the same fate one day because I know the hopelessness and misery these drugs can cause.

Ms Pink Fairy thank you for your post and willingness to share with me and I'm sorry that you are suffering too and I hope you get better soon.

For me I don't know what to do cause this really has gotten that bad and severe again and I don't know what to do with the Zoloft of I should just continue to hold for a little while longer or go ahead and slowly start working down more? I don't know what to do about work because I have kids and bills and my family and my job are pressuring me but I'm being honest when I say how severe these symptoms have been and again it's not just the head pressure and physical symptoms it's the emotional symptoms too and feeling like I'm having a complete psychological breakdown on top of the pain that makes it so much worse. 

So il trying but I'm lost and losing hope and really don't know what to do or if I will survive this much longer? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you watched any videos by Dr Claire Weekes?

I'm going to tonight Ms Cat and I actually just had a talk with my mom and their is so much pressure for me to work and that is the expectation that I don't think I have a choice.

i really don't know what to do with the Zoloft I feel like I'm in a lose lose situation with it because the longer you take it and the higher the dose the worse and more intense the WD can be but I feel like I can't handle anymore WD now but I wander if the Zoloft isn't making at least the emotional symptoms worse cause I do think the pressure and physical symptoms in my brain are benzo related but I don't know how much of the other is Zoloft it's so hard to tell or know what to do? 

I really feel like I'm losing my mind emotionally and have to keep distracted constantly with all the horrible intrusive thoughts and the dark places my mind goes and the physical pain and pressure in my head with the emotional symptoms are making it hard to function at all much less work. I stood out on the porch for an hour last night just crying in complete mental and physical pain it's so bad and again it was no where near this bad a month ago and this wave is not letting up it just continues to get worse.

So what do I do about the Zoloft and work? 

• Moderator Emeritus

What thoughts go through your mind when you read the suggestions that we make?

Do you think, oh that's not going to fix my problems?

I will say up front that the things that we are suggesting are not going to fix your problems.  But using self-soothing and and other techniques to calm yourself can help.  Using non-drug techniques that have been suggested previously can help to give you some relief.  When you are suffering any relief you can get is welcome.  As you get a bit of relief each time you use a technique or techniques then your body and CNS (central nervous system) will gradually start to calm down.  By not using non-drug techniques your body is remaining on high alert and is slowing down the healing process.

Yes ma'am I haven't done really much of anything over the last few weeks haven't been able too it's been so bad but I am gonna have to go back to work for now cause I haven't heard anything about my disability appeal and I really don't know how I'm gonna be able to work like this cause I do good to function at all at home now and I really don't know should I continue to hold on the Zoloft for a while longer or maybe here soon trying to get my dose rights and make a small cut I'm really confused ms Cat? 

Ive explained all my symptoms the best I can and it's so severe I've just stayed at home and not worked coming up with any excuse I could or what my work would except so I could try and rest and get over this wave but it's not letting up and I can just lay here in bed or stand in the shower or just take a small walk outside like suggested and no matter what I do not much relief comes and when I go back to work or try and go back I don't know how I'm gonna do it right now? 

I really have have been trying some of these things suggested to stay calm and relax since I haven't been working but the pressure pain burning and numbness all the physical symptoms mixed with the emotional symptoms have been so unbearable their is not much that helps right now. 

Ok so haven't been on here in a few days and I know I still haven't got any responses from my last post but I wanted to update on my doctors appointment yesterday and my situation with work and my symptoms.

The doctor did that blood work on all my enzymes especially looked at the liver as suggested even the thyroid and it all came back ok nothing that would show any kind of an issue physically so I'm assuming that just proves this is just horrible Benzo WD and a major wave of it plus side effects to the Zoloft stress anxiety whatever else is making my symptoms so much more severe but everything else seems to be ok.

My doctor did give me a doctors note for work covering all the days I've been off the last 3 weeks and I know my mom and my boss are really pressuring me to go back to work or give them especially my boss and answer to what I'm gonna do and honestly I just don't see how I can work with these symptoms still being so severe with this wave or whatever this is that hot at the end of month 6 or a little over a month ago showing no signs of letting up just getting worse and more severe so I just don't know how I'm gonna be able to work like this?

I still haven't heard anything from my Disability and everyone is telling me it is extremely difficult to get you usually have to apply a second time and with an attorney to get it and even that's not guaranteed so if I can't get Disability I have no choice but to work and I don't know how I'm gonna be able to do it? 

This wave that hot hit a little over a month ago now is not letting up at all. The extreme pressure burning numbness and physical pain in my head is so severe I can't hardly function at all I feel physically sick light headed dizzy and extremely nauseous all the time now and the severe emotional symptoms that hit me with this wave severe confusion or Brian fog no cognitive ability at all DP/DR horrible intrusive thoughts its almost like I suffered for 8 months for nothing and I'm right back where I started if not worse than when I was detoxed in October of last year. 

Im still holding on the Zoloft have not changed anything with that and I'm not 8 months + off Xanex and this is the worst I have ever felt so what I'm I supposed to do with all this? 

Im losing hope and I don't understand I haven't even worked in 3 weeks and not even left the house very much laying in my bed or out on the back porch in agony crying it's so bad and it's not getting any better. Is any of this normal for a wave not only to hit like this but last this long with it not letting up? 

Ok I'm really struggling and hanging on by a thread after the last two days especially last night and today and I know I haven't got any responses to my last several post but I'm really scared now and I don't understand or know what to do or if I will survive this much longer? 

As bad bad as this wave of symptoms have been since the end of month 6 now in month 8 and even as bad as last week was the last two days has hit a whole new level of suffering and torture to the point I really don't know if I can hang on much longer? 

Last week was horrific and then tuesday and Wednesday I still felt horrible but it was tolerable then Thursday it got a little worse and now yesterday into last night and today the severe pressure burning numbness and physical symptoms in my head have reached a whole new level and I can honestly say this is the worst I've felt over the 8 months I've been off Xanex by far this is the most excruciating debilitating pain I have ever experienced and just when I think it can't get any worse or maybe feeling better is right around the corner wham it gets so much worse than ever before. 

Along with the severe uptick in the physical symptoms in my head the emotional symptoms have increased with it severe confusion DP/DR horrible intrusive thoughts dizziness fatigue and extreme nausea have all reached new levels over the last few days as well and I really don't know how much more I can take and I feel like on top of the physical pain I'm literally losing my mind and having a psychological breakdown to the point I can't function at all can't get out of bed was up last night or this morning till 5am out on the back porch crying in so much physical and emotional pain and have been that way today as well and I don't know what to do or if any of this is normal or how much longer I can hang on? 

I'm trying to do all the things suggested holding on the Zoloft, constantly distracting myself how ever I can I haven't even worked in 3 weeks but theirs a lot of pressure to go back next week I haven't hardly done anything at all over the last 3 weeks and it still has continually gotten worse and I've even had new symptoms pop up with the severe pressure in my forehead, temples, behind my eye in the middle of my brain up to the top of my head down into the back of my neck anytime I move at all it's nothing but so much pressure burning numbness and pain in my head my eyes immediately shut and I can't stand up for long and now I have this lump in the back of my throat and it feels like my throat is closing up and I can't breath and when I stand up or try to do anything it's like my mind just shuts down and goes to a dark place I feel extremely nauseous and confused and have to go lay back down and just laying here their is so much pressure and pain in my head I feel like I'm gonna throw up and I can't breath and it's so bad it's getting harder and harder to distract myself at all just crying in complete psychological and physical pain this is horrible. 

Sorry so so long but I don't know what else to do? And the last two days has left me hanging on barley in the worst pain physically and emotionally of my life. 

• Moderator Emeritus

"I haven't got any responses to my last several post"

I can't speak for anyone else but I can tell you why I haven't responded to your last few posts.

You have been a member of this site for 6 months now and many self help techniques have been suggested during that time.  You say you have tried things that have been suggested but I doubt very strongly that you have exhausted the list of things that you could try.  Belief it or not, just learning a deep breathing technique can help with the anxiety and you can use it to stop the anxiety from turning into a panic attack.  I know this works from personal experience.  And keeping yourself calm allows healing to happen.

I realise that you want answers and solutions and we have already written much about those - we don't have them.  However, starting to do the simplest things to calm yourself might help other things to improve.

Me Cat I'm trying I honestly am but it's hard not to panic or do anything when the suffering continues to get so much worse and I'm really being honest when I say last night and today it's doubled again and this is the worst physical and emotional pain and suffering I have ever experienced not just in the last 8 months or year but in my life. 

Ms Cat anyone? I'm know everyone is tired of me talking about my symptoms but even after not working trying to rest keep as much stress out of my life as possible constantly distracting myself it's getting so much worse and the last 3 days the pressure and physical pain has climaxed to the most severe it has ever been even worse than after detox or the first few months and the emotional symptoms have done the same and on top of the physical pain and pressure in my head mood has went to severe SU ideation and I don't understand at all I'm barley hanging on by a thread almost to the point of giving up and or going to the hospital this wave that hit at the end of month 6 continues to get worse and I don't know what to do? 

I dont know what what is the continuation of the massive Benzo WD wave and or what the Zoloft might be adding to this especially the emotional symptoms with the mood and severe SU/HM ideation severe anxiety and panic and my overall symptoms? 

I wouldnt bother anyone but as bad as it's been and as horrible as the last month has been since this wave hit the last 3 days have been horrific and I'm holding on by a thread and if this continues to get worse I just don't know?